Man of Steel vs. AoU New Avengers

• 177 results
Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Superman's about to get stood up to by a guy with no powers and dresses like a bat..I think that says leagues about the Avengers chances against Supes

Pa5cal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heaven_sings7: Ayeah! I've heard those statements from the actors - pretty funny!

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

Love the Avengers, but this team gets stomped. Wanda would get KTFO before she could react, War Machine, Falcon, Cap, and Widow literally couldn't hurt MoS.

Also, Cap's shield may protect him, but I see a lot of PIS with that thing in the MCU. First, Thor can't budge Steve with a leaping strike that would kill anyone else. Then, a grenade from the Winter Soldier knocks Steve off a bridge and into a bus. We have seen Mjolnir unable to move Steve with forces SURELY greater than those put out by a petty grenade. Either way MoS should punch Cap's shield so hard that he flies through several buildings for the KO.

Vision seemed pretty slow and inexperienced at fighting, although the Mind Gem probably has the firepower to put the MoS out for a KO if utilized fully. Who knows if Vision is capable of doing so, but if he is then he may have a decent chance, although again, he seemed pretty slow and MoS might be one of the few beings whose strength means that Vibranium doesn't really mean much difference to his punches. I honestly believe Zod was just as tough as Vibranium, and he could be broken by MoS. Notice this created literal shockwaves due to the sheer force involved.

No Caption Provided

Add Hulk and Thor and Veronica (Tony) and you get an Avengers stomp though.

Minimum, Hulk and Thor together should be able to put down the MoS.

MoS takes any of them individually, although Thor, Hulk, and Veronica would put up the best fight individually IMO, although Hulk is the only one I could ultimately see pulling off the win at a rate even close to a majority.

Hulk did do this to a super strong God...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

After taking a Mortal Kombat style uppercut from Thor + Mjolnir without being phased.

I wish we could see that fight on the big screen.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#154  Edited By GXrevolution96

@thanosii

her tk feat with the train isvery similar to spideys feat and what makes it better is the fact Clark couldnt catch a train engine thrown at him so slowing a train >>>> getting koed by train engine.

When did this happen?

@i_am_lightning

Superman is faster but his air maneuverability isn't as good.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Also, Infinity Blasts>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>heat vision.

What did the mind gem do that suggest that it is hotter than heat vision?

MCU vibranium received a strike from Thor that completely leveled a forest(and we all know that Thor's striking is leagues above kryptonian striking, wich was able to k.o Superman),

I am not sure why his fight with Faora is used as the only evidence for his durability showings. He demonstrates better durability later on in the movie, particularly in his fight with Zod. It ia like me using 2008 feats as a basis for Hulk's durability despite him having shown greater durability in his more recent films.

Edit: It did not level the "entire forrest". That is ahyperbole considering all the trees in the background are still in tact.

No Caption Provided

Yes he is. Superman would be fu*king dead if he received the same kind of power attack from 3 different sources, one stronger than the other Ultron did to the face. Ultron became a husk but at least he survived.

What makes you think this?

Hulk one shoted a leviathan and in AoU one his regular punches generated a shockwave so powerful it sent people that were 20 meters away inside a restaurant flying.

We don't know how much the leviathans weighed?

@gambit474

Superman's about to get stood up to by a guy with no powers and dresses like a bat..I think that says leagues about the Avengers chances against Supes

Cool! I didn't realise that you've seen the movie.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: they wheighd at least 15 tons.

What makes me think that? Him getting dazzled from heat vision.

My bad on the maneuverability.

Yeah it was a hyperbole, sorry, but it still i a good durability feat for vibranium. IIRC Faora k.o'd Clark because of how fast she was beating him(in comparison to Zod whose combat speed is that of a common human). Faora would have wrecked Clark if she was in the final battle IMO.

Also, IIRC Tony stated in the movie that the mind gem was easily producing enough energy to blow up a country.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By GXrevolution96

@i_am_lightning

they wheighd at least 15 tons.

Was that stated? What I meant is, them flying though buildings wouldn't necessarily mean they weigh a lot. Superman(Cavil) weighs 190 and he could fly though buildings/structureswith enough velocity.

I dont recall him ever being hit by heat vision. The only other krptonian to use it was Zod, who only used it once.

Yeah it was a hyperbole, sorry, but it still i a good durability feat for vibranium. IIRC Faora k.o'd Clark because of how fast she was beating him(in comparison to Zod whose combat speed is that of a common human). Faora would have wrecked Clark if she was in the final battle IMO.

Fair enough. It is worth mentioning that we don't actually know how that fight would have turned out had it remained strictly 1 v 1. Clark bulrushes Faora into the truck but when he goes in attack her a second time, Nam-Ek intervenes and the two of them tag team him.

Also, IIRC Tony stated in the movie that the mind gem was easily producing enough energy to blow up a country.

He stated it would be enough to level the entire city. This is good, but Vision never demonstrated this level of power in combat. Its the same with the Aether. It wasn't overly impressive when Malekith used it against Thor. Perhaps Vision has learned to harness it's full power yet. The only stone that has actually displayed that level of power is the power gem.

sl-wopr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So basically this is MoS vs Vision(MCU). Vision displayed phasing through solid object, once. However he need to get close enough to Clark to try that trick and Superman would look at him an android(aka no sentinel life form) so naturally he'd use heat vision and its over.

Also we don't know much about how his phasing works and whats Clark's density is. Phasing a regular metal robot doesn't say much at all when Clark was never even scratched by anything in MoS. Meaning MoS could very well be immune to such type of phasing.

Super_Mod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sl-wopr said:

So basically this is MoS vs Vision(MCU).

lol Cap and Widow may be able to get a couple of good hits in, no?

sl-wopr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_mod:

Lois would beat Widow with pulizer prize before she could get even close to Clark.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sl-wopr said:

@super_mod:

Lois would beat Widow with pulizer prize before she could get even close to Clark.

The only lois that could kick butt was smallville Lois,

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sl-wopr said:

So basically this is MoS vs Vision(MCU).

lol Cap and Widow may be able to get a couple of good hits in, no?

Clark stands there and laughs.

No Caption Provided

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By I_Am_Lightning

@gxrevolution96 said:

@i_am_lightning

they wheighd at least 15 tons.

Was that stated? What I meant is, them flying though buildings wouldn't necessarily mean they weigh a lot. Superman(Cavil) weighs 190 and he could fly though buildings/structureswith enough velocity.

I dont recall him ever being hit by heat vision. The only other krptonian to use it was Zod, who only used it once.

Yeah it was a hyperbole, sorry, but it still a good durability feat for vibranium. IIRC Faora k.o'd Clark because of how fast she was beating him(in comparison to Zod whose combat speed is that of a common human). Faora would have wrecked Clark if she was in the final battle IMO.

Fair enough. It is worth mentioning that we don't actually know how that fight would have turned out had it remained strictly 1 v 1. Clark bulrushes Faora into the truck but when he goes in attack her a second time, Nam-Ek intervenes and the two of them tag team him.

He stated it would be enough to level the entire city. This is good, but Vision never demonstrated this level of power in combat. Its the same with the Aether. It wasn't overly impressive when Malekith used it against Thor. Perhaps Vision has learned to harness it's full power yet. The only stone that has actually displayed that level of power is the power gem.

Loading Video...

He gets dazzled from his own heat vision.

Fair enough, but the Infinity Blasts are at least more powerful than IM's repulsors, wich are stronger than heat vision.

As for the leviathan, i was just judging from it's size.

Still a very good feat.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By I_Am_Lightning

@sl-wopr said:

So basically this is MoS vs Vision(MCU). Vision displayed phasing through solid object, once. However he need to get close enough to Clark to try that trick and Superman would look at him an android(aka no sentinel life form) so naturally he'd use heat vision and its over.

Also we don't know much about how his phasing works and whats Clark's density is. Phasing a regular metal robot doesn't say much at all when Clark was never even scratched by anything in MoS. Meaning MoS could very well be immune to such type of phasing.

There's nothing to suggest he is.

YEP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of steel have a chance here. Blitz Scarlet Witch and Captain america and hawkeye.

He than fights Thor and Vision. Thor will lose pretty easy(i dont care he blowed a city, he`s still much more weaker than MoS)

Vision is the last and can go either way, but i think Clark have a chance(could go into sun and stay there to regen)

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By GXrevolution96

@i_am_lightning

Yh, thats fair enough.

As for the heat vision, I thought you meant that it was used on him. My bad. Yh, I don't get why heat vision does that to him. Perhaps it is because he has to keep his eye lids open for the heat to come out, kind of like how our eyes sting when we leave them open for too long. I think it might be similar to that. I don't think it actually hurts in that sense. But to be honest, who knows. It is definitely a question I would ask Synder.

EDIT: In the flashback sequence, Clark uses heat vision on the doorknob when he locks himself in closet and he doesn't experience dizziness when using it. Unlike all the other times we have seen him use it, the beam does not not omit form his eyes, rather, his eyes glow orange and the door knob just heats up. Biased on this, I think the dizziness might have something to do with the beam actually leaving his eyes. It is either this, or Clark simply dialled back the intensity so as not to vaporise everyone outside the door.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schillenger420 said:

@thanosii: Doesn't it really depend on the Clark though? If he's pissed and approaches this knowing he's fighting, he's got the speed to blitz Wanda long before she can do anything. He's got the speed to blitz everyone. The only one's left standing would be Thor, Vision, and the Hulk. Movie Thor is so much slower than Kent it's ridiculous. Hulk got beat by basically Tony in his most powerful armor, and that armor's not standing up to many MoS punches. As for the Vision.... we just don't have that many feats for him. It's great that people say he can go intangible, but not having seen it on screen (this is movie versions) we ought not use that as him having it is still an assumption. As it stands Vision's more or less just a strong and durable guy who can shoot a laser with his forehead. Superman should clear this pretty quickly. Wanda's a threat, but if Supes just isn't giving a s**t (not bloodlusted but trying to end the fight as fast as he can) than yeah... he should take this.

1- Well firstly Thor, Hulk and Tony are not in this battle its only new Avengers.

2- MOS is in character in this battle so he is not heat vision a human while Wanda is bloodlusted and has the feats to put him down

3- you are over exagerating MoS speed he has good travel speed but zero combat speed. Wanda blocked repulsor beams after they been fired and all she has to do to affect MoS is think. She is faster to draw.

4- Ultron is also here and his phasing is basically an auto win

Super_Mod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Super_Mod

@yep said:

Man of steel have a chance here. Blitz Scarlet Witch and Captain america and hawkeye.

He than fights Thor and Vision. Thor will lose pretty easy(i dont care he blowed a city, he`s still much more weaker than MoS)

Vision is the last and can go either way, but i think Clark have a chance(could go into sun and stay there to regen)

The chars. underlined aren't fighting in this battle. Please reference the part of the OP marked under:

Just go to the front page and click on it and then you'll be able to see which Avengers are involved in this.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Against these particular Avengers? Man of Steel wins with moderate difficulty.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By I_Am_Lightning

@gxrevolution96 said:

@i_am_lightning

Yh, thats fair enough.

As for the heat vision, I thought you meant that it was used on him. My bad. Yh, I don't get why heat vision does that to him. Perhaps it is because he has to keep his eye lids open for the heat to come out, kind of like how our eyes sting when we leave them open for too long. I think it might be similar to that. I don't think it actually hurts in that sense. But to be honest, who knows. It is definitely a question I would ask Synder.

EDIT: In the flashback sequence, Clark uses heat vision on the doorknob when he locks himself in closet and he doesn't experience dizziness when using it. Unlike all the other times we have seen him use it, the beam does not not omit form his eyes, rather, his eyes glow orange and the door knob just heats up. Biased on this, I think the dizziness might have something to do with the beam actually leaving his eyes. It is either this, or Clark simply dialled back the intensity so as not to vaporise everyone outside the door.

I think the intensinty in the flashback was too low to hurt his eyes.

Sorry for my grammar lately, my phone isn't exactly the best to write :/

sl-wopr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sl-wopr said:

There's nothing to suggest he is.

Well I didn't state it as a fact but a possibility.

Super_Mod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Super_Mod
deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm most interested in Scarlet Witch in this fight. Vision could be a threat, but he is literally featless in every category (cant quantify speed, strength, durability, etc), and everyone else is fodder. Scarlet Witch's Telekinesis wont matter, but her Telepathic powers might. Thus far, she has only shown the ability to show someone their fears (which MoS has a lot of i'd guess),and MoS has shown NO TP resistance, but is that enough to disable him sufficiently for the takedown?

I give MoS the fight based on the evidence we have as of now.

dontevenblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

MoS drowns in a sea of human skulls from that dream Zod gives him (using Kryptonian tech?). imagine what Wanda could do to him. he gets incapped mentally, and then Vision gem blasts him down his throat at full power Godzilla style. -the end-

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for captainamerica567
captainamerica567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

very very very intense battle witch will end into being hulk vs superman and at the end of that i have to go with superman winning

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

MoS, with only some difficulty regarding the Vision.

MoS drowns in a sea of human skulls from that dream Zod gives him (using Kryptonian tech?). imagine what Wanda could do to him. he gets incapped mentally, and then Vision gem blasts him down his throat at full power Godzilla style. -the end-

No Caption Provided

Only way they managed to do that was because Clark choked in the ships atmosphere, which made him hold nice and steady and here Wanda doesn't have Quicksilver to get her close.

dontevenblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Only way they managed to do that was because Clark choked in the ships atmosphere, which made him hold nice and steady and here Wanda doesn't have Quicksilver to get her close.

well she doesn't really need to get that close as she was using her TP across several blocks at least and probably 100+ people at once during that evacuation. but she can also hide in the shadows and have Vision engage him nearby. and we all know that Clark is awful at minding his surroundings or caring about civilians, so he wouldn't notice her or even realize she was worth the attention.

and she never shows any effort using her TP on just one person. she just waves her fingers at them and they are done for. the only reason Clint could counter her was because he was alert to her abilities and waiting for her to sneak up behind him.

Masone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman speed-blitz neck snaps the entire team.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masone said:

Superman speed-blitz neck snaps the entire team.

When did Superman ever speed blitz?

Super_Mod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Super_Mod