CapRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CapRay

Okay, you all saw this coming.

If there is a topic identical to this one please let me know and I would take this down, I had a look and couldn't find any.

Topics:

1. Who would win in a fight between these two?

2. Who's stronger?

3. Who's more powerful?

4. Which actor did it better?

You could add more topics if you wish. Now, DEBATE.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

We saw it coming the first time this thread was made...you're a bit late. Superman wins 3 of those rounds as he would blitz movie Thor without question, he's shown better feats of strength in his film, Thor did call lightning down to destroy a space whale thing and the vibration from his hammer hitting Cap's shield leveled a large area of trees so I'll give him power, Henry Cavill was more believable as Superman and fit into the role perfectly...Chris Hemsworth was good but I was still second guessing whether he should have been picked for the role and thought that there were other actors who could have done a better job....

As for the topic it'self, edit it, take out the battle aspect, leave it at who do you think was a better character in their respective movies and ask a mod to move it to the general discussion forums ....

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Raw_Material

Superman

2. Who's stronger?

Superman

3. Who's more powerful?

Thor

Thor

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

2. Who's stronger?

Superman

3. Who's more powerful?

Thor Superman

Thor

Fixed

batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material: you are so right.

Now on to the subject:

1.thor. just like in comics, people are once again undermining thor. Mjlinor in movie is just as fast prolly faster than supes. One hit will knock him on his ass just like it did to hulk. You guys also don't realize his strength. Hulk punch stopped a alien whale thing armored heavily bigger than a frikkin building and hurtling at him faster than cars go on the freeway. He stopped it dead cold. Thor blocked that punch. Loki caught an arrow at him from the side using only his peripheral vision. Also, proffessional archers shoot at arrows at 200 mph.hawkeye is beyond proffessional. I mention that because thor is superior to loki in all physical aspects including reflexes and speed. Loki has even aknowledged that. dont be fooled so easily in thinking right from the gate thor will be blitzed. If you analyze the feats, movie thor is an absolute beast. One blast of lightning will bring him to his knees. Not to mention mjlnor was obliterating frost giants, going through walls/ buildings without slowing down whatsoever, and took down a heavily armored space whale by using mjlnor to drive a sharp peice of of metal into it in a naik like fashion. Btw, not 2hits, not 3, one hit. if anyone has a qualm with this tell me.

2. I've already mentioned feats that put thor at least on clarks level. Crashing zod through a power plant tower and some buildings is nice, but thor blocked an enraged hulks punch, leveled trees just from the vibration shock of him hitting caps sheild, and took down an alien whale with armor down in one blow. Most of supes power feats are from flying. All of thors strength feats are on the ground.

3. Not even a question. Thor has magical lighting that took down 2 space whales with one bolt, and has mjlnor which I've already explained is insanely powerful.

4. Chris henson was absolutely fantabulous. He portrayed thors voice, manerrisms, and ego/personality perfectly. I believe chris henson is the better actor considering he was spot on for the role of an asgardian whereas the actor for clark did a good job portraying someone who is just like a regular human.

Overall thor, but I took time to recall his feats and analyze them and not just say him because I like him more because since I'm the only one to say thor all 4 I thought you guys would at least deserve an actual answer.

Btw I would like to afd a topic

5. Who can speak in an asgardian accent better?

Straynger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman to 1-3.

Thor 4

Captain Picard 5

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OptimusPalm

Now on to the subject:

1.thor. just like in comics, people are once again undermining thor. Mjlinor in movie is just as fast prolly faster than supes. One hit will knock him on his ass just like it did to hulk. You guys also don't realize his strength. Hulk punch stopped a alien whale thing armored heavily bigger than a frikkin building and hurtling at him faster than cars go on the freeway. He stopped it dead cold. Thor blocked that punch. Loki caught an arrow at him from the side using only his peripheral vision. Also, proffessional archers shoot at arrows at 200 mph.hawkeye is beyond proffessional. I mention that because thor is superior to loki in all physical aspects including reflexes and speed. Loki has even aknowledged that. dont be fooled so easily in thinking right from the gate thor will be blitzed. If you analyze the feats, movie thor is an absolute beast. One blast of lightning will bring him to his knees. Not to mention mjlnor was obliterating frost giants, going through walls/ buildings without slowing down whatsoever, and took down a heavily armored space whale by using mjlnor to drive a sharp peice of of metal into it in a naik like fashion. Btw, not 2hits, not 3, one hit. if anyone has a qualm with this tell me.

2. I've already mentioned feats that put thor at least on clarks level. Crashing zod through a power plant tower and some buildings is nice, but thor blocked an enraged hulks punch, leveled trees just from the vibration shock of him hitting caps sheild, and took down an alien whale with armor down in one blow. Most of supes power feats are from flying. All of thors strength feats are on the ground.

3. Not even a question. Thor has magical lighting that took down 2 space whales with one bolt, and has mjlnor which I've already explained is insanely powerful.

4. Chris henson was absolutely fantabulous. He portrayed thors voice, manerrisms, and ego/personality perfectly. I believe chris henson is the better actor considering he was spot on for the role of an asgardian whereas the actor for clark did a good job portraying someone who is just like a regular human.

Overall thor, but I took time to recall his feats and analyze them and not just say him because I like him more because since I'm the only one to say thor all 4 I thought you guys would at least deserve an actual answer.

Chris Henson....?

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DevilMayehm666

@batnorris: 1.Superman is hypersonic in the film and went through the world engine in a weaken state which was far bigger than that space whale.

gav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gav

Watched both this week.

--Superman, narrowly.

2. Who's stronger?

--Superman

3. Who's more powerful?

--Thor

--Superman

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Bezza

I agree with the previous answer, but personally think Chris Hemsworth is every bit as good a Thor as cavil is a superman. Movie Thor was very powerful indeed, but Avengers Thor, didn't display such power. Yes, he managed to dodge one hulk punch and block a swing at the start of their battle, but after the Hulk got more angry (i.e. after Thor swatted him into a plane with Mjolnir) he was really struggling! He needed both arms to hold off one of Hulk's arms and then got battered around that flying aircraft carrier numerous times before the jet fighter stopped play! However, there is an argument there that Thor was holding back a bit, trying to calm banner down.

Similarly, in MOS, Superman started off a bit shakey, getting rattled by bullets and beaten around by Faora, but he then got stronger and stronger. Taking out that earth engine was one of the most impressive feats of strength ever seen by any character and being knocked through several tower blocks and getting up without a scratch was impressive too!

In their battles, Hulk has generally had the upper hand on Thor, hence I think superman is stronger, but Thor has a wider range of powers. It certainly would not be a walkover for superman and indeed it would be a narrow victory I think, if Superman took it.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Raw_Material

@batnorris said:

Now on to the subject:

After reading this, you've pretty much overturned my answered for questions 1 and 2. Comparing the movie verse of the two, I think Thor has it in the bag. His showcasing in the Avengers is by far a huge impact in this battle for sure. He definitely displayed more of his brute strength, speed, agility, prowess, commitment, and overall character throughout the whole film which of course comparing to Superman in the Man Of Steel will be able to defeat him on ground. Athough Supes may have a slight advantage midair, Thor could be able to cast down some lightning strikes with the mjolnir and send Supes flying downwards back to the surface floor.

Cybrilious4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SUPERMAN SPEED BLITZ!!

No Caption Provided

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MonsterStomp

@raw_material said:

Superman

2. Who's stronger?

Superman

3. Who's more powerful?

Thor Superman Thor

Thor Superman

Fixed

Fixed

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TAneT62

Man of Steel made Thor look like a toddler with a toy hammer ...

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bo88gdan

Thor would stomp him

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bo88gdan:

As much as I want that to be true, elaborate?

WhyVernonWhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WhyVernonWhy
PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of steel. This isn't even remotely debatable, as thor was powerless in most of the movie. We should wait for thor 2, but it doesn't really look like it'll change a lot.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Movie Thor sucks. His solo movie he spends almost all of it without powers except for a small scene in the beginning. He was also wildey inconsistant in Avengers. I hope they power him up in The Dark World. Until then

@whyvernonwhy said:

@theacidskull said:

Supes stomps.

lethalsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about when Thor beat the destroyer armor? That was impressive

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NeonGameWave

1. Who would win in a fight between these two? Superman

2. Who's stronger? Superman

3. Who's more powerful? Superman

4. Which actor did it better? Both did a good job respectively

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@lethalsmash said:

What about when Thor beat the destroyer armor? That was impressive

Like I said, movie Thor is very inconsistent. He has beaten destroyer and summoned a lightning storm powerful enough to wipe out a huge portion of the Chi'tari army but then gets flung back by Cap's shield, his lightning can't hurt Iron Man for some dumb reason and even though Hulk was only able to give him a bloody nose on the Hellicarrier (implies good durability) Loki is able to stab him with a little dagger on top of Stark tower (bad durability)

Superman is much more consistent in Man of Steel. Once he is told by Jor-El his powers might be limitless and the only way to know is to keep testing himself, the dude has insane durability, strength and speed feats left and right.

Like I said. I hope they power him up or at least make him consistent in The Dark World.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

1. Who would win in a fight between these two? Superman

2. Who's stronger? Superman

3. Who's more powerful? Superman

4. Which actor did it better? Both did a good job respectively

Agreed.

Though if I had to choose who I preferred in terms of how the actors portrayed their characters, I'd pick Cavill over Hemsworth.

Not that Hemsworth wasn't good, or anything.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

1. Supes

2. Supes

3. Supes

4. Even they bothed did great

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainray: I'm gonna say thor. Especially on the what actor did it better part. Henry Cavill was terrible, but I think it was due more to extremely poor script rather than his acting capabilities.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The answer is still... Superman! Ha!

Chris Hemsworth for me did a far better job...

good day

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TJSH96

People really need to stop with these Superman vs Thor threads. Thor is more powerful than Superman, the answer will never change. Stop comparing Superman and Thor expecting to get a different answer to the outcome of the battle. Thor is more powerful than Superman.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjsh96: Movie Thor struggled to break out of a human-made prison built predominantly of some type of glass material. What exactly screams powerful about that? He was also stabbed by Loki with a small dagger in his abdomen. Movie Loki has displayed zero feats of strength by the way. Thor was also so weak that he (and Mjolnir) were complete thrown back by Cap + shield.

Mean while Man of Steel was tanking gravity pulses that were leveling skyscrapers. What a scrub.

Comics are up for debate (as evidenced by this forum) and I like Thor a lot, but movie Thor sucks. Anyone being objective knows this.

Avatar image for ifoughtgalactus
Ifoughtgalactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the movies, Supercavill flying through the World Engine trumps any feats of Thorsworth regarding durability. Thorsworth needed his hammer to break through the glass of Nick Fury's "Boot". Supercavill broke through the world engine with his fist.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see anything in the Marvel movies that suggested Thorsworth's flight capabilities would match that of Supercavill in his first flight scene.

Furthermore, Thorsworth didn't show speed capabilities remotely close to that of even Faora. Supercavill eventually did.

Thorsworth taking a punch from Hulk (or as I like to call him, Ruffahulk) in The Avengers is way different than taking a punch from him in the comics. The Avengers version of him is as watered down as American Beer.

Thorsworth got punched by Ruffahulk (on the helicarrier) and bled. Thorsworth got stabbed by Loki (cant think of a good name for him), and bled. Supercavill got dragged through Metropolis/Kansas by Shannozod, violated by Faora and Non, and that man's hair stayed as pristine as a freshly groomed 1980's John Travolta.

At the end of the day, I say Supercavill wins this fight. Mostly because the movie version of Thor is pussified beyond belief. Whether by Speedblitzing, continuous blows to the face, heat vision to the eyes... Thorsworth gets stomped. His durabilty is trash compared to Supercavill's.

Personally Im insanely biased for Man of Steel, I loved the movie even more than the Avengers (even though the pacing was horrendous), but I think both did an equally good job portraying their respective parts.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager:

If you want to reply to me, can CLICK on the reply button at the top-right-hand-corner of my message? Is it really so hard? If you do that, I be NOTIFIED that you've replied to me. Otherwise I can't know unless I look back through the thread which is highly unlikely for me to do.

As for Superman vs Thor. Well, I can't say much about the movie versions as I haven't seen Thor in the movies, but there is no doubt that the comic-book Thor would obliterate the comic-book Superman.

Ifoughtgalactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjsh96: yeah just the movie versions here, comic battles is a whole different beast.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thorsworth? Supercavil? :D :D what is this??!?

Ifoughtgalactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ifoughtgalactus

@rudebomberboy01:

To say that movie Thor and comic Thor are the same is blasphemous. Goes for a lot of comic characters. So I give the movie versions new names. Here are some examples:

Thorsworth

Supercavill

Ruffahulk

Scarlett Widow

The Abortion (The Abomination from Norton's Hulk)

Logan Jackman

The Fantastic Fail

Jor-Badass (Jor-El)

AudioRift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AudioRift

My responses are bolded caps.

@ifoughtgalactus said:

In the movies, Supercavill flying through the World Engine trumps any feats of Thorsworth regarding durability. Thorsworth needed his hammer to break through the glass of Nick Fury's "Boot". Supercavill broke through the world engine with his fist.

-I VERY MUCH DISAGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT. THOR DEFEATED THE DESTROYER ARMOR WITHOUT ANY AMP AND WITH LOKI OF ALL BEINGS CONTROLLING IT. SUPERCAVILL WAS ALSO DAZED BY A SMALL SHARD OF METAL WHEN ZOD WHACKED HIM WITH IT IN THE HEAD...AND THE PIECE OF METAL TOOK 0 DAMAGE AFTWARDS. A COMMON PIECE OF STEEL WAS TOO MUCH FOR SUPERMAN TO HANDLE BEING SMACKED WITH.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see anything in the Marvel movies that suggested Thorsworth's flight capabilities would match that of Supercavill in his first flight scene.

- THERE IS MORE EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THOR BEING THE BETTER HAND TO HAND FIGHTER THAN CAVIL BY A MASSIVE MARGIN. THOR REPEATIDLY SAID HE HAD A TON OF BATTLE EXPERIENCE, HE IS A BRAWLER YES, BUT CAVIL HAS NO BATTLE EXPERIENCE AT ALL. NONE. 0%. IN FACT, A GIRL WHO HAS BEEN IN STASUS FOR 33 YEARS AND WITHOUT TRAINING FOR 33 YEARS WHOOPED HIM...WHOOPED HIM HARD WITHOUT ANY POWERS OF HER OWN AND RELYING SOLEY ON HER SUIT. CAVILL IS UNEDUCATED, HAS NO EXPERIENCE AT ALL AND NEVER WENT ON THAT SPIRITUAL JOURNEY THAT MOST VERSIONS OF SUPERMAN WENT THROUGH THE FIRST TIME THEY VISITED THE FORTRESS OF SOLITUDE. CAVIL WAS SCHOOLED BY ZOD IN HAND TO HAND COMBAT, WHO IN TURN WAS ABSOLUTELY OBLITERATED BY JOR EL 33 YEARS PRIOR.

Furthermore, Thorsworth didn't show speed capabilities remotely close to that of even Faora. Supercavill eventually did.

- I AGREE. IN TERMS OF BLITZ AND FLIGHT SPEED SHOWCASED IN THE MOVIE, SUPERMAN HAS THE EDGE. HOWEVER, THOR WHACKED THE DESTROYER ENERGY BEAMS AWAY LIKE IT WAS IN SLOW MOTION. TAKES A SERIOUS LEVEL OF REACTIONARY ABILITY TO SWAT A LARGE ENERGY BEAM WITH A SMALL HAMMER LIKE IT WAS A BASEBALL.

Thorsworth taking a punch from Hulk (or as I like to call him, Ruffahulk) in The Avengers is way different than taking a punch from him in the comics. The Avengers version of him is as watered down as American Beer.

- I THINK IT IS VASTLY MORE IMPRESSIVE TO STOP A 50 TON BEHEMOTH MOVING AT 100+ MPH DEAD IN ITS TRACKS WITH ONE PUNCH, VS CAVIL WHO WAS UNABLE TO BRACE A FEW HUNDRED TONS FROM FALLING OVER IN THE OIL TANKER SCENE. THE TOWER WAS NOT VERY LARGE, IT WAS PRETTY SMALL AND VIENS WERE POPPING ALL OVER HIS NECK AND HEAD, HE WAS STRUGGLING AND ULTIMATELY FAILED MISERABLY IN JUST BRACING IT, NO CHANCE HE COULD LIFT THAT WEIGHT.

Thorsworth got punched by Ruffahulk (on the helicarrier) and bled. Thorsworth got stabbed by Loki (cant think of a good name for him), and bled. Supercavill got dragged through Metropolis/Kansas by Shannozod, violated by Faora and Non, and that man's hair stayed as pristine as a freshly groomed 1980's John Travolta.

- CAVIL GOT WHACKED IN THE NOGGIN WITH A STEEL I-BEAM RAIL AND WAS DAZED FOR A FEW SECONDS, THE PIECE OF STEEL HAD NO DAMAGE AT ALL TO IT AFTER IT HIT HIM. CAVIL WAS COMPLETELY RENDERED USELESS AFTER A 12 TON OR SO TRAIN CABOOSE CAR LANDED ON HIM AFTER IT WAS LOBBED SLOWLY. IT COMPLETELY DROPPED HIM OUT OF THE PICTURE FOR A GOOD LONG WHILE. HIS SUIT TOOK THE BRUNT OF THE DRAGGING AND IMPACT, BUT FEORA WAS COMPLETELY KNOCKED OUT AND PROBABLY ALMOST KILLED OUTRIGHT WHEN TWO STANDARD ISSUE SMALL YIELD MISSILIES FROM A HELICOPTER HIT HER. 2 SMALL EXPLOSIVES WERE TOO MUCH FOR A KRYPTONIAN WITH FULL POWERS ACTIVE. HER SUIT TOOK ALMOST NO DAMAGE FROM IT, BUT SHE ALMOST DIED FROM THE IMPACT...AND SHE GAVE CAVIL A WHOOPIN' PRIOR TO HER SHIELDING GOING DOWN.

At the end of the day, I say Supercavill wins this fight. Mostly because the movie version of Thor is pussified beyond belief. Whether by Speedblitzing, continuous blows to the face, heat vision to the eyes... Thorsworth gets stomped. His durabilty is trash compared to Supercavill's.

Personally Im insanely biased for Man of Steel, I loved the movie even more than the Avengers (even though the pacing was horrendous), but I think both did an equally good job portraying their respective parts.

I RESPECT YOUR OPINION AND THANK YOU FOR IT, BUT I AM ABSOLUTELY LOST AS HOW YOU CAN CONSIDER THOR MORE WATERED DOWN THAN SUPERMAN WAS. SUPERMAN RIGHT NOW IN THE COMICS CAN BENCH EARTH FOR DAYS ON END WITH NO BREAK, THATS 400 QUINTILLION TONS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. HE WENT FROM BEING ABLE TO BENCH ALL THE EARTH EASILY LIKE A FEATHER AND FLYING AT 18X LIGHT SPEED AND BEING EXTREMELY CAPABLE, UNYIELDING, SELFLESS AND PROTECTIVE OF OTHERS TO BEING UNABLE TO LIFT A FEW HUNDRED TONS, FAILING TO DO SAVE A SINGLE PERSON DURING HIS BATTLE AND INSTEAD ONLY TRYING TO PROTECT HIMSELF, UNABLE TO THINK HIS WAY OUT, SHOWING HOW INCAPABLE HE WAS DURING THE ENTIRE MOVIE BY STRESSING OUT, HUFFING AND PUFFING TO THE POINT OF CRYING AT THE END OF THE MOVIE, BEING TOO DUMB TO HEAR OR SEE LOIS ON AN EMPTY ICE SHELF SNAPPING PICTURES OF HIM, TELLING THE ARMY WHERE HE USED TO LIVE, BEING UNEDUCATED IN EVERY WAY: BATTLE EXPERIENCE, FIGHTING EXPERIENCE, COLLEGE, MEDICAL, YOU NAME IT. HE IS JUST A REGULAR OR EVEN A BELOW AVERAGE HUMAN INTELLIGENCE RENDITION OF SUPERMAN FAR DUMBER THAN THE GOLDEN ERA SUPERMAN FROM THE 30S AND 40S.

THE DIFFERENCE IN CHARACTER FROM THE COMIC THOR TO MOVIE THOR IS ALMOST NOTHING COMPARED TO HOW DRASTIC A CHANGE WAS MADE FROM SUPERMAN IN THE COMICS TO HOW HE WAS MADE IN MAN OF STEEL. I THINK HE DID A TERRIBLE JOB AS SUPERMAN, ALL HE DID WAS WHINE, CRY AND SHOWCASE HOW INCAPABLE HE WAS OF DOING ANYTHING LIKE A REAL MAN WOULD, OR HOW SUPERMAN WOULD. SUPERMAN SHOULDNT BE BOTHERED SO MUCH BY A BULLY NOR TAKE REVENGE, SUPERMAN SHOULD BE MORE CAPABLE THAN ZOD IN REGARD TO CONTROLLING HIS POWERS ( ZOD AND JOR EL WERE MORE SUPER THAN SUPERMAN, THAT IS VERY SAD ). PERSONALLY, THIS MOVIE WAS WORSE THAN GREEN LANTERN AND DRAGONBALL EVOLUTION TO ME. THE ACTING WAS TERRIBLE AND IT WAS A MESS OF CGI WITH A LEAD CHARACTER WHO NEEDS TO TAKE DEPRESSION PILLS ASAP. HE PORTRAYED AN INCAPBLE SUPERMAN, NOT A SUPERMAN THAT SHOULD BE HANDS ON HIPS, STANDING FOR ALL THINGS GOOD AND JUST, THE GUY WHO DOES THE JOB WITHOUT SHOWING SIGNS OF STRESS. HE WASNT SUPERMAN. HE WAS THE OPPOSITE OF SUPERMAN AND HOW SUPERMAN SHOULD BE, WHO THE CHARACTER SHOULD BE.

SUPERMAN SHOULD ALWAYS BE SHOWN AS THE MOST CAPABLE, ABLE TO DO IT, STRONG WILLED AND NEVER FURROWED BROWED THE ENTIRE MOVIE NOR ALMOST LOOSING HIS MIND WHEN A HUMAN MAN TOSSES A BEER CAN AT HIM. HE SHOULD DO LIKE HE DID IN SUPERMAN 2 WHERE HE RETURNS AFTERWARDS AND TEACHES HIM A LESSON AND THEN SHOWS THE CARING FOR THE DESTRUCTION HE CAUSED, HE PAID FOR IT, HE FIXED IT AND DID IT ALL WITH A SMIRK AND SMILE. HE DIDNT WHINE, HE DIDNT CRY. CAVIL WHINED AND CRIED THROUGH THE ENTIRE MOVIE. OH, HE COULDNT FLY RIGHT OFF THE BAT SO WE NEED TO SHOW HIM STRUGGLING TO DO SO AND THEN AT THE END OF THE MOVIE ZOD GOT IT DOWN FASTER? THATS NOT SUPERMAN, THATS INCAPABLEMAN TO ME. OH, SUPERMAN HAS NO REAL EDUCATION AT ALL OR IS NOT SUPER HUMAN AND A GENIUS AT EVERYTHING HE DOES OR TRIES TO DO? THATS NOT SUPERMAN, THATS INCAPABLEHUMANDUDE. OH REALLY, SUPERMAN A FEW YEARS PRIOR LET HIS FATHER DIE IN A RANDOM TORNADO INSTEAD OF MAYBE KICKING UP DUST SO NOBODY COULD SEE HIM RUN IN AND SAVE THE DOG AND HIS DAD, THEN JUST A FEW YEARS LATER LETS HIS DAD DIE IN VEIN BY LETTING OIL RIG WORKERS SEE HIM RIP A GIANT DOOR OFF ITS HINDGES WHILE HIS DAMN BODY WAS ON FIRE? MAKES NO SENSE TO ME...IT WAS JUST ONE BAD SCENE AFTER ANOTHER. ALSO, THE WORLD ENGINE DID NOT PANCAKE CARS OR STONES FROM THE BUILDINGS AROUND IT, IT CRUSHED THEM A LOT BUT IT SHOULD HAVE LITERALLY PANCAKED THEM INTO A SHEET OF PAPER IF IT WERE SERIOUSLY POWERFUL...IT WASNT REALLY POWERFUL AT ALL. SUPERMAN IN THE COMICS CAN SURVIVE THE GRAVITY OF A BLACK HOLE AND SIT INSIDE THE SUN, THAT MACHINE WOULD BE VIRTUALLY NOTHING FOR THE COMIC SUPERMANS OR THE PAST MOVIE VERSIONS.

SUPERMAN WOULD NEVER LEAVE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE TO DIE AND BE CRUSHED AT THE END OF HIS BATTLE, THERE NEEDED TO BE A SCENE OF HIM SAVING PEOPLE, SHOWING HE CARED AND COULD FIGHT THE BAD GUYS WHILE SAVING PEOPLE. THAT IS NOT IMPORTANT TO ANYONE WHO DOESNT UNDERSTAND NOR CARE ABOUT THE CHARACTER OF KAL EL. HE IS SELFLESS AND SHOULD ALWAYS BE SELFESS, HIS LIFE IS MEANINGLESS. IN MAN OF STEEL, HIS LIFE WAS MORE IMPORTANT. THERE WERE HUNDREDS OF WAYS HE COULD HAVE ENDED ZODS DESTRUCTION WITHOUT KILLING HIM, BUT HE TOOK THE COWARDS WAY OUT. KNOCK HIM OUT, CHOKE HIM OUT, PLUCK HIS EYES OUT, FLY UP INTO SPACE ( AND MY GOD I CANNTO BELIEVE THEY BOTH WENT INTO SPACE TO FIGHT AND THEN CAME RIGHT BACK DOWN TO METROPOLIS? WHAT THE HELL....) WRAP HIS CAPE AROUND ZODS EYES, CUT A HOLE IN THE WAY BEHIND THE FAMILY FOR THEM TO ESCAPE? YOU KNOW...THINGS A SMART PERSON WOULD DO? SINCE SUPERMAN DIDNT ACTUALLY DO ANY OF THIS THE RIGHT WAY, HE WILL NEVER REALLY BE SUPERMAN.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01:

To say that movie Thor and comic Thor are the same is blasphemous. Goes for a lot of comic characters. So I give the movie versions new names. Here are some examples:

The Fantastic Fail

This one's the best lol

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) In a fight?

As it stands right now, Supes would probably win. Ultimately his speed would give Thor a hard time.

2) Stronger?

Supes has this. The World Engine feat speaks for itself.

3) Who's more powerful?

I'm going with Thor. At full power and not hold back like what he did to the Frost Giants homeland, effortlessly taking out the Destroyer and wiping out the Bi-Frost by himself showed how powerful he can be .....when not holding back

4) Who was better?

I'm going with Hemsworth. Cavill did a great job and all, but Hemsworth IS the Odinson. Right now I just need to see more of Cavill as Superman, but I did like the portrayal of the character and think he did a great job

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

1. Who would win in a fight between these two? - Superman, with some difficulty

2. Who's stronger? - Superman by a small margin

3. Who's more powerful? - Superman

4. Which actor did it better? - Tie

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1. Who would win in a fight between these two? - Superman with some difficulty

2. Who's stronger? - Superman. Not by much

3. Who's more powerful? - Technically Thor is, but he's inconsistent, so I go with Superman.

4. Which actor did it better? - They did relatively well, so I say tie.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- I THINK IT IS VASTLY MORE IMPRESSIVE TO STOP A 50 TON BEHEMOTH MOVING AT 100+ MPH DEAD IN ITS TRACKS WITH ONE PUNCH, VS CAVIL WHO WAS UNABLE TO BRACE A FEW HUNDRED TONS FROM FALLING OVER IN THE OIL TANKER SCENE. THE TOWER WAS NOT VERY LARGE, IT WAS PRETTY SMALL AND VIENS WERE POPPING ALL OVER HIS NECK AND HEAD, HE WAS STRUGGLING AND ULTIMATELY FAILED MISERABLY IN JUST BRACING IT, NO CHANCE HE COULD LIFT THAT WEIGHT.

you are aware that the only reason he failed to do so was because he lacked flight and the ground beneath him was collapsing? therefore strength or not he was unable to lift the rig. The ground beneath him lacked the stability therefore it was virtually impossible for him to lift the rig.

- CAVIL GOT WHACKED IN THE NOGGIN WITH A STEEL I-BEAM RAIL AND WAS DAZED FOR A FEW SECONDS, THE PIECE OF STEEL HAD NO DAMAGE AT ALL TO IT AFTER IT HIT HIM. CAVIL WAS COMPLETELY RENDERED USELESS AFTER A 12 TON OR SO TRAIN CABOOSE CAR LANDED ON HIM AFTER IT WAS LOBBED SLOWLY. IT COMPLETELY DROPPED HIM OUT OF THE PICTURE FOR A GOOD LONG WHILE. HIS SUIT TOOK THE BRUNT OF THE DRAGGING AND IMPACT, BUT FEORA WAS COMPLETELY KNOCKED OUT AND PROBABLY ALMOST KILLED OUTRIGHT WHEN TWO STANDARD ISSUE SMALL YIELD MISSILIES FROM A HELICOPTER HIT HER. 2 SMALL EXPLOSIVES WERE TOO MUCH FOR A KRYPTONIAN WITH FULL POWERS ACTIVE. HER SUIT TOOK ALMOST NO DAMAGE FROM IT, BUT SHE ALMOST DIED FROM THE IMPACT...AND SHE GAVE CAVIL A WHOOPIN' PRIOR TO HER SHIELDING GOING DOWN.

Regarding Faora, she was only ko'd due to sensory overload. As soon as her helmet was knocked off she immediately began to show discomfort and pain while still conversing with Supes, when asked what happened prior Zod even stated himself that a temporary weakness was exploited ( being unable to hone their senses at the time).

my responses are un-bolded.

AudioRift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AudioRift

- Umm...his veins were popping in his head, he was grunting and screaming. After it fell, he was knocked out in the water.

- Temporary weakness? You consider the sudden onset of super powers, super durability and super speed without a suit as a weakness? Are you saying she was so terrified by the missiles exploding on her, that she fell into a coma out of fear? Because that is the only explaination for your justifaction on that matter. She got hit with missiles, she got knocked out with powers. There is nothing more that needs to be said. Army missiles > Kryptonians. Her confusion has nothing to do with her physical durability.

@x_insignia1 said:

@audiorift said:

you are aware that the only reason he failed to do so was because he lacked flight and the ground beneath him was collapsing? therefore strength or not he was unable to lift the rig. The ground beneath him lacked the stability therefore it was virtually impossible for him to lift the rig.

Regarding Faora, she was only ko'd due to sensory overload. As soon as her helmet was knocked off she immediately began to show discomfort and pain while still conversing with Supes, when asked what happened prior Zod even stated himself that a temporary weakness was exploited ( being unable to hone their senses at the time).

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By X_insignia1

@audiorift said:

- Umm...his veins were popping in his head, he was grunting and screaming. After it fell, he was knocked out in the water.

- Temporary weakness? You consider the sudden onset of super powers, super durability and super speed without a suit as a weakness? Are you saying she was so terrified by the missiles exploding on her, that she fell into a coma out of fear? Because that is the only explaination for your justifaction on that matter. She got hit with missiles, she got knocked out with powers. There is nothing more that needs to be said. Army missiles > Kryptonians. Her confusion has nothing to do with her physical durability.

@x_insignia1 said:

@audiorift said:

he was grunting because the ground beneath was collapsing,he clearly saw that he had no other means to support the beam given the unstable ground, inf act the film clearly SHOWS ground support failing, due to many factors especially the heat. And far as the explosion scene, he was floating around, reflecting on his child hood, you're purposely disregarding his other durability feats.

and regarding the missiles, terrified? no the fact that their senses are heightened, hearing, smell sight, it causes mental trauma. The missiles added to the discomfort she was already experiencing, the fact that she even tried to palm it she assumed she could take it despite the great pain she was already in. Even Clark as child showed discomfort with his heightened senses, telling his mom that "the worlds too big" moreover when Clark and Zod crashed through the gas station Clark comments "it hurts, doesn't it? as a child my parents trained me to hone my senses" heightened senses comes with heightened sensitivity, it appears as if you're trying to purposely undermine this factor despite the evidence of its importance even ZOD called it a temporary weakness, NOT I, ZOD did, clearly the writer was trying to tell us something that you seem to either miss or purposely disregard.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman should win the rounds except the last round.

lethalsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: ya your right, his lightning not hurting(in fact powering up) iron man but repulsing the giant Chi'tari invasion including the giant armored whales was pretty confusing

lethalsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might go with Thor by a little on this, but ya he is very inconsistent, I mean I know it's a huge stretch to say this but one could argue that thors reactions are at least speed of light since he was able to swing and deflect the destroyers energy blast like a baseball bat hitting a ball XD so I assume be could do the same to supermans energy blast