Malcolm Merlyn runs the SHIELD Gauntlet

• 82 results
Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not to me. I haven't seen Merlyn do anything that puts him miles above Black Widow in hand-to-hand, regardless of how flashy her fighting style was. I think that Hawkeye beats Merlyn in a bow and arrow shoot-out, due to far better archery feats, but Merlyn beats Hawkeye in hand-to-hand, due to far better hand-to-hand feats, and i think that Black Widow is more likely to win a shoot out with Merlyn because she has guns, and she can definitely dodge arrows, but their hand-to-hand fight could go either way. Also, i repeat:

It's close in both cases, but i think, depending on who gets he drop on who and whatnot, Merlyn stops at Black Widow or Hawkeye. He'd waltz all over the fodder, though.

I think it ultimately depends on who gets the drop on who. I never said i was positive that Black Widow would beat Merlyn in hand-to-hand, but i do think that she has the best, and only real, chance of beating Merlyn in a fist fight.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By nerdchore

in h2h hes not getting passed melinda mae.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

@silverrings said:

Not to me. I haven't seen Merlyn do anything that puts him miles above Black Widow in hand-to-hand

I just listed it for you. Beat Oliver 2/3 and stomped Diggle. Diggle and especially Ollie>>>>>>>>Fodder and a Featless Hawkeye. I'm really not sure how that's insufficient. It's all the proof you need. Oliver would beat Natasha too, and eve Diggle would give her a fight.

I think it ultimately depends on who gets the drop on who. I never said i was positive that Black Widow would beat Merlyn in hand-to-hand, but i do think that she has the best, and only real, chance of beating Merlyn in a fist fight.

Only with her gadgets and/or against a fatigued Merlyn. Without either of those variables she loses just as soundly as Ward and May do, who are frankly from what I've gathered pretty close to Natasha in H2H skill.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdchore said:

Was she that good?

@shroudofsorrow I do appreciate what you've said. Black Widow seemed more physically capable than Merlyn, generally, despite the flourishes, specifically more agile and acrobatic. To add to taking out agents, Hawkeye and outrunning the Hulk she also beat up three guys while tied to a chair. Impressive stuff. I know why Merlyn is a very skilled hand-to-hand combatant, specifically in his own tv series, but Widow is a match for him, mostly due to her differences in fighting style. Like i said, it's close, and i'm not saying that she wins, but i'm definitely not saying that Merlyn wins either.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Experio

Stops at Hawkeye or Clears

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@silverrings said:

@nerdchore said:

Was she that good?

I doubt it. May hasn't yet done anything Widow couldn't do.

@shroudofsorrow I do appreciate what you've said. Black Widow seemed more physically capable than Merlyn, generally, despite the flourishes, specifically more agile and acrobatic.

She is more agile and acrobatic, this is true, but that by itself won't be enough.

1. Those weren't agents, they were security guards, and she did that with her heavy assistance from her arsenal.

2. Hawkeye is so far below Diggle and Oliver it's not even funny

3. Outrunning the Hulk long enough to escape does not correlate to H2H, or even combat speed. No real point bringing it up.

4. Yes, but notice how long it took her to take those goons out? Like I said, her fighting style, while pleasing to the eye, also prolonged the fight. That it took her that long to take out two guys is also noteworthy.

Are these good feats? Yes. Do they correlate to her being better than Merlyn? No. His feats are still superior.

Differences in fighting style might make the fight last a bit longer, especially since again, Widow's fighting style prolongs the fight, but it's not really going to be giving her much of an edge.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mae has taken on some pretty beefy guys in the show, though id say ward and mae are about equal is combat skill, and probably a little better than widow according to her movie fts.

this is all speculation cause merlin has his gear so unless mae and ward had prep time their combat skills wont be able to push them to victory.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@nerdchore: Eh, Black Widow's H2H feats are about as good going by what you said. Merlyn's beating Arrow and Diggle surpasses beating "some beefy guys". If that's all May's done then Merlyn does indeed take her down with little effort. Honestly I'd even say he stomps her and Ward just as hard as he did Diggle.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By nerdchore

I dont think diggle is better than may and ward. but yeah i forgot about him beating arrow so statement retracted.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdchore: Not better no, but he is in their range. And the fact that Merlyn stomped him does not portend favorably for May or Ward if they were to take him on instead. I would even go as far as to say Merlyn could beat both at the same time, though not easily.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont know why my posts keep getting cut in half, but i was tryng to add that may and ward versus merlin would be more interesting.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdchore: It would be a good fight in my opinion, but Merlyn still takes a majority.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sachmoo said:

@godzilla44: It's clear as day, she is on the ground he bends back to grab an arrow to shoot, she anticipates it and starts her little poll swing. It's right there in the clip that you posted. Again, I'm not referring to the first shot. I'm talking about the second shot.

About the starting position, that's kind of the point. If it is an even playing field, I'm going guns. Unless he gave Merlyn a strategical advantage by giving him the high ground, or allowing him some sort of cover then he loses In my opinion. Now if you want him to change the OP to give him a strategic advantage, then that is a whole other case because rules state, that they are in plain sight of each other.

Not I just see hawkeye missing as she swinging on the pole no I did not mean it in that way, why do you have such a dirty mind

and that's why we need the op to state the starting point because if Merlyn is near cover, then he clears if not he stops at the final round @shroudofsorrow

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears or stops at 7. Don't think he's winning a shootout with Hawkeye though.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By RBT

Merlyn clears. Infact he won't even have to try that hard. Everybody here is his inferior in physicals and skill.

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Merlyn could probably beat everybody on the list in hand-to-hand except Black Widow, who seemed like the better, and more flashy, close-quarters-combatant to me.

I don't agree but this is debatable. Black Widow has yet to prove that she can go up against another fighter who's truly on her tier and win. She's only beaten fodder while Merlyn, on the other hand, has beaten Oliver (who would beat Natasha) in pure combat so I don't see her faring all that well against him in light of these facts.

She beat lots of fodder, Hawkeye and avoided getting crushed by the Hulk, after all. Also, while Merlyn dodges arrows with ease he isn't a bullet-timer, and Black Widow has guns, so in a shoot out he should lose.

You don't have to be a bullet-dodger to use cover and stealth effectively enough to flank your opponent, which Merlyn proved in his first encounter with Ollie. I don't see why he wouldn't be able to get the drop on Tasha considering that using cover and darkness to your advantage is kinda what...every League of Assassins member specializes in..

They both have good stealth feats but i'd wager Black Widow is better at sneaking around unnoticed.

What would you wager this on? An actual feat? Maybe if she had one...which she doesn't. Unless she's impersonating a politician with a hologram mask on, she doesn't have any stealth feats worth noting.

Hawkeye was a drastically better archer,

So was Oliver but yet he still lost during their Christmas shootout..

it's just silly, but in a fist fightMerlyn wouldprobablybeat him, as Hawkeye has very few close combat feats, and they weren't all that, while Merlyn has lots and they were all pretty impressive.

It's close in both cases,

Ummmm nah.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Hawkeye

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmy_rustler: Why not? Hawkeye is much better at archery than Merlyn is. I see Hawkeye tagging him before Merlyn lands one. Yes Merlyn has dodged arrows, but not arrows from someone as accurate as Clint.

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmy_rustler: Why not? Hawkeye is much better at archery than Merlyn is.

I'll reiterate from my response to siliverrings,

I see Hawkeye tagging him before Merlyn lands one. Yes Merlyn has dodged arrows, but not arrows from someone as accurate as Clint.

So Oliver isn't as accurate or even more so than Clint?

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m74n6ncXQ61rn95k2o1_500.gif

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, i'm fine with what i said, thanks.

AAA+ debating skills would read again thank god comic vine has posters like you

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmy_rustler:

I'll reiterate from my response to siliverrings,

Considering this only has relevance to the point you're trying to make, I'm going to address what you said next.

So Oliver isn't as accurate or even more so than Clint?

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

But no you're right, Oliver has done much more accurate shots than Clint. Even though his best is shooting the grenade out of the air.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This makes me laugh. I think i was trolling, but ten months is a long time...

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Being more accurate doesn't make your arrows faster...

Merlyn still dodges/catches arrows while Hawkeye has never shown the capability.

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverrings said:

No, i'm fine with what i said, thanks.

AAA+ debating skills would read again thank god comic vine has posters like you

Nick, you be rustlin' jimmies too on the low lol. It's funny though bc you do such a good job of backing up your statements, which makes your brand of rustling even more effective.

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Aside from the no-look shot, Clint has done absolutely nothing with s bow that Oliver hasn't duplicated. My opinion remains firm until you bring something better to the table.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Being more accurate doesn't make your arrows faster...

Merlyn still dodges/catches arrows while Hawkeye has never shown the capability.

You really think he'll have enough energy to continuously dodge arrows after running through almost the entire gauntlet?

No, he won't. He goes down for the count.

@stormdriven: Aside from the no-look shot, Clint has done absolutely nothing with s bow that Oliver hasn't duplicated. My opinion remains firm until you bring something better to the table.

Okay, point out anything besides the grenade feat that is comparable to hitting high-speed hovercrafts and/or targets on them with pinpoint accuracy.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Dodging an arrow doesn't seem to be a particularly taxing maneuver.

It's aim dodging by leaning slightly. Merlyn took a flashbang to the face and kept going like nothing happened. Fought equivalent fodder to round 1 (with no equipment) and went on to fight Arrow/Diggle and escape with an advantage, then went on to basically beat Arrow then lose to Arrow's self-stabbing.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: You forgot one of his BEST accuracy feats. Accounting the wind factor and basically using it to his advantage to curve an arrow. Probably not applicable in a short range bow and arrow battle, but still RIDICULOUS!

Loading Video...

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo: It's a cool feat, but yeah, not much combat application.

@stormdriven: Dodging an arrow doesn't seem to be a particularly taxing maneuver.

It's aim dodging by leaning slightly. Merlyn took a flashbang to the face and kept going like nothing happened. Fought equivalent fodder to round 1 (with no equipment) and went on to fight Arrow/Diggle and escape with an advantage, then went on to basically beat Arrow then lose to Arrow's self-stabbing.

Yet he has to go through the SHIELD fodder, Hawkeye, Agent Ward, Agent May, and fight Widow twice (where he could lose in the shootout, since Widow is a pretty good shot). That isn't going to be easy, and he'll be lucky to do anything meaningful in a fight. And it's not like he fought either Oliver or Diggle together for very long, he injured Diggle with a throwing knife then ran away, and beat Oliver who he's already better than.

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
phoenixdiamond616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can run all the rounds

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

@shroudofsorrow: Definitely doesn't clear first time around . . . Not sure exactly what he stops at

Second round, 7