#1  Edited By eatmore_payless

RULES

• Morals Off
  • Blood lust on
  • Random Encounter
  • Win via KO or death

At the center of the city, populated.

VS

Both fire benders, both can use lightning bending. WHO WILL WIN THE CONTEST?

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By YoungJustice

Azula, easily. Her fire is much hotter, and she has proven to move extremely quick. Mako wont be able to touch her.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Skaddix

Honestly, this is a murder of epic proportions. Azula would not have trouble with most benders in Legend of Korra whatsoever. Mako would impress me if he lasted a minute

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EssentiallyHeroes

Azula. Mako was below Zuko level and she pwned him easily. So Azula murders.

Avatar image for pokemondefender
PokemonDefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PokemonDefender

Mako and Bolin are both horrible benders compared to Avatars main heroes and villains.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula's going to make short work of him

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By morgrim

Mako poor mako u do not deserve this kind of death

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EssentiallyHeroes

@morgrim: Yes he does actually since he is a cheating, heart-breaking bastard. (I not a girl.)

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By ComicStooge

Mako gets destroyed.

Gravy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gravy

Mako just never displayed anything that could compete against Azula. She's his better in most fields except he has more friends...

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Skaddix

@PokemonDefender said:

Mako and Bolin are both horrible benders compared to Avatars main heroes and villains.

true although part of that was we saw the elites in Avatars while now we see more normal benders plus you know war means people will sharpen their skills more.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MasterJohn

Azula is roasting fresh meat tonight.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Skaddix said:

Honestly, this is a murder of epic proportions. Azula would not have trouble with most benders in Legend of Korra whatsoever. Mako would impress me if he lasted a minute

This.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rijehu

I actually think Malo wins this

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Arcus1  Online

Mako could definitely put up a fight, his instant lightning that she can't redirect will definitely be an advantage

Trixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@Skaddix said:

This.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Arcus1  Online
Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Stormdriven

Azula, handily. But not a stomp.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Azula, easily. Her fire is much hotter, and she has proven to move extremely quick. Mako wont be able to touch her.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Arcus1  Online

@saint_sophie: Mako's hardly slow, and his instant lightning would be a problem

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mako wins.

Trixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Azula's feats put her far above Mako, there is nothing he can do that she can't contend with. She is faster, smarter, more powerful and skilled than he is.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Arcus1  Online

@trixie: oh I think she'd win more often than not, but not to the point of being a stomp. Instant lightning is a very significant advantage for Mako. He's respectably fast and agile, and he's got good firepower too, able to slice through Ghazan's rock shield

Trixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: His lighting is slightly faster, but it is not adequate enough. It's not exactly his go to move either. Her sheer raw power and speed/skill is too much for him. During the eclipse Azula didn't even need her powers and she was to quick for Aang. On top of that, her adaptability to opponents and surroundings is brilliant, as opposed to Mako, where we see him struggle numerously in this category.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Arcus1  Online

@trixie: he makes it instantly, Azula has to charge it, that's pretty significant

Trixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Yes, her lighting consists of two to three gestures as opposed to one. But as previously stated, it will be insufficient to the out come of their fight.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Arcus1  Online

@trixie said:

@arcus: Yes, her lighting consists of two to three gestures as opposed to one. But as previously stated, it will be insufficient to the out come of their fight.

And time, valuable time where she's vulnerable to attack, as opposed to Mako who can just fire it on demand, making it far more practical and useful in a fight, especially since Azula can't block or counter it. It might be insufficient, but it's an obstacle Azula will have to overcome, and it's something Mako can use to put her on the defensive

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By Deranged Midget

Azula stomps completely. Mako has never done anything noteworthy with fire bending.

Trixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Mako can use that, but It's not giving him the win. Vulnerability is not something Azula is likely to leave herself open to on the battle field. Her agility and cunning, strategic mind, can easily over come his lighting. Mako doesn't have anything else in his repertoire to beat Azula with. She would overwhelm him.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Arcus1  Online

Azula stomps completely. Mako has never done anything noteworthy with fire bending.

I'm not saying Mako wins, but I would at least consider instant lightning generation and lightning redirection (both skills Azula doesn't have) to be noteworthy

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:
@deranged_midget said:

I'm not saying Mako wins, but I would at least consider instant lightning generation and lightning redirection (both skills Azula doesn't have) to be noteworthy

Korra takes place 70 years after The Last Airbender. As we saw, we saw casual workers utilizing lightning with no trouble whatsoever. Mako doing so similarly doesn't exactly spark my interest. According to Uncle Iroh in TLA, there were only a very, very select few fire benders who could generate, and to a greater degree, redirect lightning. It was the beginning of that advanced style.

It's a very similar thing with a character in the fourth season, which I'll mention in spoilers.

Toph mentioned to Korra how the metal benders of the current era don't even know how to properly metal bend as they failed to completely remove the metal left in Korra's system after her fight with Zaheer.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By ComicStooge

@arcus said:
@deranged_midget said:

Korra takes place 70 years after The Last Airbender. As we saw, we saw casual workers utilizing lightning with no trouble whatsoever. Mako doing so similarly doesn't exactly spark my interest. According to Uncle Iroh in TLA, there were only a very, very select few fire benders who could generate, and to a greater degree, redirect lightning. It was the beginning of that advanced style.

It's a very similar thing with a character in the fourth season, which I'll mention in spoilers.

Toph mentioned to Korra how the metal benders of the current era don't even know how to properly metal bend as they failed to completely remove the metal left in Korra's system after her fight with Zaheer.

Toph was the only metal bender of the previous era. :P

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Arcus1  Online

@deranged_midget: whether it sparks your interest or not, it's an advantage Mako has over Azula. He has an attack she can't block, and he renders her most powerful attack (if she ever got a chance to use it) useless.

Toph's the greatest metalbender in history, largely because of her blindness. Of course Su's not as good as her. However, Mako's lightning has clear advantages over Azula's

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toph was the only metal bender of the previous era. :P

And she seems to be the only one who still truly knows the meaning of it.

@arcus said:

@deranged_midget: whether it sparks your interest or not, it's an advantage Mako has over Azula. He has an attack she can't block, and he renders her most powerful attack (if she ever got a chance to use it) useless.

Toph's the greatest metalbender in history, largely because of her blindness. Of course Su's not as good as her. However, Mako's lightning has clear advantages over Azula's

I understand that, I just don't think it makes a difference whatsoever because Azula is that much more superior in everything, even if she is lacking in proficiency with lightning. His fire bending is laughable in comparison, she's a better martial artist and far more agile. I think all those factors more than make up for the one downside.

Trixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

It's not an advantage because he can't win with it against her. I've said this several times now; she can dodge his lighting, she doesn't need to block it or use lighting herself to be the victor.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Arcus1  Online

@deranged_midget:

Maybe, but imo the fact that he has the ability to one-shot her with an unblockable attack can't just be dismissed. I wouldn't say his firebending is laughable either. A random fire nation soldier's firebending is laughable

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Arcus1  Online

@trixie: just because it's counterable doesn't mean it's not an advantage to be considered

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@deranged_midget:

Maybe, but imo the fact that he has the ability to one-shot her with an unblockable attack can't just be dismissed. I wouldn't say his firebending is laughable either. A random fire nation soldier's firebending is laughable

We've seen Azula, while powerless, avoid Aang, Toph, and Sokka in an enclosed space and with absolute ease. Mako has never faced anyone like Azula and he is not hitting her when she's superior to him and is relentless. Mako isn't even on Zuko's level and he barely ever held his own against Azula.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Arcus1  Online

@deranged_midget: she evaded them with the Dai Li and because Aang was using little air slices instead of full power blasts

Saying Mako's never faced anyone like Azula isn't exactly true when he's faced Unalaq and the Red Lotus

Zuko fought evenly with Azula at Boiling Rock and the Air Temple

Mako's not taking a majority here, but he'll put up a fight

Trixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Exactly,It's counterable (your words) thus not giving him an advantage or the win in this fight.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Arcus1  Online

@trixie: I never said it gave him the win. In a fight, two people can have different advantages over each other

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@deranged_midget: she evaded them with the Dai Li and because Aang was using little air slices instead of full power blasts

Saying Mako's never faced anyone like Azula isn't exactly true when he's faced Unalaq and the Red Lotus

Zuko fought evenly with Azula at Boiling Rock and the Air Temple

Mako's not taking a majority here, but he'll put up a fight

Azula was powerless. Aang and Sokka were pushing against her, and Toph wasn't holding back either. The Dai Li barely put up any resistance. That's true though, he faced off against Unalaq and the Red Lotus but never pulled off anything that put his abilities on display. Zuko only held his own against Azula in the finale because Azula lost her mind and Zuko told Katara that was why he stood a chance.

I'm not saying Mako won't put up a fight, but he's not pushing her in any way.

Mortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's with all these Azula threads lately?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Arcus1  Online

@deranged_midget:

Aang's shown the ability to blast away multiple soldiers and stop lava from a volcano, and all of a sudden the best he can do are these little air slices when chasing Azula?

Mako beat Ming Hua (through environmental conditions) and blasted through Ghazan's defenses

The only reason Zuko could take a majority over Azula was because of her mental state, he was fighting evenly with her before then

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@deranged_midget:

We've seen Azula, while powerless, avoid Aang, Toph, and Sokka in an enclosed space and with absolute ease. Mako has never faced anyone like Azula and he is not hitting her when she's superior to him and is relentless. Mako isn't even on Zuko's level and he barely ever held his own against Azula.

1. ...With the assistance of 2 Dai Lee agents, once the Agents were dealt with, she got caught pretty easily.
  2. What actual feats Azula has done that put her so above Mako.
  3. Zuko Stalemated her in "The Southern Raiders".
Trixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: ad·van·tageədˈvan(t)ij/noun

1. 1.a condition or circumstance that puts one in a favorable or superior position.

Because of her agility, superior skills and intelligence it doesn't give him an advantage, it doesn't put him above her. It's like saying Mako is taller than Azula so that gives him an advantage, well sure if they were trying to reach for the cookie jar on the top shelf. But his height plays no advantage in the fight. She's not going to one hit KO him, but he will not pull out a win either.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Arcus1  Online

@trixie:

But it is an advantage, it's something he does better than her. Sure, Mako's height doesn't play a role in this, but having instant lightning does, even if he still doesn't win, it puts him in a more favorable position than he would be without it

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets not forget that he actually has a defense for lightning...she doesn't. So, if she she shoots, she'd get hit with her own lightning.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget:

I'm going to chime in on the point of metalbending.

Toph specifically said her girls never took to it, not that the metalbenders of this era were weaker than before.

It's also worth pointing out Toph is the ONLY metalbender of her generation. She's the most experienced metalbender in the entire world, with the only metalbenders we've seen that are noteworthy literally being her own children. Lin and Su have half of Toph's experience with metal, if that.

This isn't an indication that LOK benders are less powerful than TLA ones. It's an indication that metalbending is too new to produce any great masters that could compare with Old Toph.