Mako and Bolin run the gauntlet

• 130 results
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@wbr17: yeah, but we didn't see Azula get any advantage. Nothing changed, and there was no reason to believe anything would change

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: we will never know lol

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Their teamwork is top tier, I think they would have a good chance against anyone on that list.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortein: good enough to win? @wbr17: exactly, so as far as we know Katara would've won

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, stops at 7.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should stop at R5. If the bros had more feats it's probable that I'd be siding with them against Unalaq.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, stops at 7.

They should stop at R5. If the bros had more feats it's probable that I'd be siding with them against Unalaq.

Any reasons?

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:
@silentbat said:

For me, stops at 7.

@llehdevil said:

Any reasons?

Got to milk this for all it's worth eh? :) Don't get your wings burnt Arcus. :)

Reasons is because Unalaq has shown the reaction speed to go toe-to-toe with Korra pretty well, who at the end of the series was pretty fast! While Mako & Bolin have improved, they just haven't proven enough to get past Unalaq's best defense, which is his offense.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:
@silentbat said:

For me, stops at 7.

@llehdevil said:

Any reasons?

Got to milk this for all it's worth eh? :) Don't get your wings burnt Arcus. :)

Reasons is because Unalaq has shown the reaction speed to go toe-to-toe with Korra pretty well, who at the end of the series was pretty fast! While Mako & Bolin have improved, they just haven't proven enough to get past Unalaq's best defense, which is his offense.

Absolutely

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By vengefulshot

With bloodlust they scrape past Unalaq who should be higher and lose decisively against EOS Korra with 4 elements.

IC stops at Unalaq pretty hard.

Ya_Idjits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do you think they fare against:

Ozai

Iroh

Pakku

Long Feng

Bumi (AtLA)

& Book 3 Aang

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Zuko: Win low dif/Bolin can solo

Round 2: Azula: Win low-mid dif/Bolin can solo

Round 3: Katara: Win mid dif.

Round 4: Toph: Bolin solos.

Round 5: Unalaq: Win high dif.

Round 6: Tenzin: Win high dif.

Round 7: Korra (all elements, no AS): Probably stops here.

Bloodlusted they clear or maybe stop at Korra. Lava+instant, fatal lightning+perfect teamwork=win.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@mial42: Bolin doesn't solo anything.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

How do you think they fare against:

Ozai

Iroh

Pakku

Long Feng

Bumi (AtLA)

& Book 3 Aang

They win pretty easily.

Same.

Same.

Either solos.

Bumi wrecks them.

Aang wrecks them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ya_idjits: Win, win, win, stomp, lose hard, lose in a close fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Why not? He's agile, powerful, has decent defense, and if the fight isn't over quickly can cover the ground in lava. Against the escaped prisoners and the earth empire outpost, he showed he can make large amounts of lava quickly. Add in the fact that his form of lavabending was invented decades after most of these people, and you have the possibility of soloing. Mako makes the wins certain.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@mial42 said:

@anthp2000: Why not? He's agile, powerful, has decent defense, and if the fight isn't over quickly can cover the ground in lava. Against the escaped prisoners and the earth empire outpost, he showed he can make large amounts of lava quickly. Add in the fact that his form of lavabending was invented decades after most of these people, and you have the possibility of soloing. Mako makes the wins certain.

His earth defences are not going to hold off anythig high end from Zuko or Azula though. And Azula is more agile.
He cannot exactly cover them quickly. Any master bender like the ones you said he solos have attacks that are devastating and are far faster than the seconds Bolin needs to do this.
People of ATLA with knowledge in history know lavabending exists.
Toph outclasses him in pretty much every way.
Yeah, Mako does make the wins certain.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Yes, but at the same time, they're not stopping his higher end offense either.

Really? Enlighten me.

Not necessarily. It was unbelievably niche bending style that could only be performed by one bender (who had disappeared 100 years ago) in their super-mode, which was already so OP that training to fight it would be an incredibly stupid waste of time.

Bolin's more agile, and Toph prefers stonewall defense to dodging (in character), which doesn't work for long against lava. Add in possible side effects for her seismic sense, and Bolin's got a shot.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@mial42 said:

@anthp2000: Yes, but at the same time, they're not stopping his higher end offense either.

Really? Enlighten me.

Not necessarily. It was unbelievably niche bending style that could only be performed by one bender (who had disappeared 100 years ago) in their super-mode, which was already so OP that training to fight it would be an incredibly stupid waste of time.

Bolin's more agile, and Toph prefers stonewall defense to dodging (in character), which doesn't work for long against lava. Add in possible side effects for her seismic sense, and Bolin's got a shot.

He needs time and sure they can block it. Mako was blocking Ghazan's lava.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

But many benders in ATLA (esspecialy ones from Royal families) should know it exists.

But Toph is far more mobile and versatile if she wants to.
I agree, he can win IC.
What do you mean possible side effects?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Mako blocked one, weaker blast. That's why I said "higher end".

All of those lack the AOE of Bolin's lava. Bolin's agile enough to dodge those.

Knowing it exists =/= knowing how to counter it. And there's one major difference: the pre-Ghazan version used existing lava, whereas Ghazan/Bolin's version creates their own.

We don't really know what lava would look like to her seismic sense. It's hardly guaranteed, but I don't think it's necessary for him to win IC.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@mial42 said:

@anthp2000: Mako blocked one, weaker blast. That's why I said "higher end".

All of those lack the AOE of Bolin's lava. Bolin's agile enough to dodge those.

Knowing it exists =/= knowing how to counter it. And there's one major difference: the pre-Ghazan version used existing lava, whereas Ghazan/Bolin's version creates their own.

We don't really know what lava would look like to her seismic sense. It's hardly guaranteed, but I don't think it's necessary for him to win IC.

He was blocking continious ones but yeah, not the AoE. However, as far as Bolin's AoE go, Azula and Zuko have much higher scale than what Mako was doing there too.

He cannot dodge those if he covers everything around him in lava, that's the point.

True. I'm just saying they won't get caught off gurad as if it doesn't exist.

I don't see him winning IC too actually. He won't even go for huge AoE in 1v1. Only way I see him beating Toph is by him being bloodlusted and her being IC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Really? I'm fairly certain he only blocked one. Yeah they have better AOE then Mako, but they haven't shown enough to consistently block large lava attacks.

He can solidify his own lava, or use an earth jump to go farther, and if he's covered everything in lava, his opponent will be dead. If not, he'll have space to dodge.

I think they'd get caught off guard because (1) he isn't the avatar in the avatar state, and (2) he's generating his own lava, which no one until Ghazan could do.

He's used lava in every fight he's been since he got it. He's used large AOE against both mechs and people.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@mial42 said:

@anthp2000: Really? I'm fairly certain he only blocked one. Yeah they have better AOE then Mako, but they haven't shown enough to consistently block large lava attacks.

He can solidify his own lava, or use an earth jump to go farther, and if he's covered everything in lava, his opponent will be dead. If not, he'll have space to dodge.

I think they'd get caught off guard because (1) he isn't the avatar in the avatar state, and (2) he's generating his own lava, which no one until Ghazan could do.

He's used lava in every fight he's been since he got it. He's used large AOE against both mechs and people.

You're right. For some reason, I though he blocked more.
They have shown enough to do so. When they faught in the comics, or when Azula made a giant firewall, or when Zuko made a fire tornado.

He can soldify his own lava? When did he do that?
Well and Azula can jump 20 ft. up in the air or use Jet Propulsion. Zuko has leaped from an airship to another in around 20 ft. jump so...

Yeah, but not the point where they would be amazed to see someone bending lava. There will alawys be something unorthodox to some deegree.

Not in a 1v1.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mial42 said:

They have shown enough to do so. When they faught in the comics, or when Azula made a giant firewall, or when Zuko made a fire tornado.

Well and Azula can jump 20 ft. up in the air or use Jet Propulsion. Zuko has leaped from an airship to another in around 20 ft. jump so...

Yeah, but not the point where they would be amazed to see someone bending lava. There will alawys be something unorthodox to some deegree.

Not in a 1v1.

I don't think they have. Their fight was with fire daggers, when did Azula make a giant firewall, and I don't think that tornado could block lava. It was good at blocking fire, but it didn't show any sort of force.

Didn't Ghazan do it in Zaofu? I don't think Zaheer's powerful enough to solidify the whole moat.

Yeah, they both can dodge Bolin's attacks, just like he can dodge theirs.

I think they'd be pretty surprised, and the only ones who are likely to know about it at all are the Fire Royals.

He tried it against Ghazan, and in book 4 he only had a lava shuriken in his single 1v1 fight.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@mial42 said:
@anthp2000 said:
@mial42 said:

Not in a 1v1.

I don't think they have. Their fight was with fire daggers, when did Azula make a giant firewall, and I don't think that tornado could block lava. It was good at blocking fire, but it didn't show any sort of force.

Didn't Ghazan do it in Zaofu? I don't think Zaheer's powerful enough to solidify the whole moat.

I think they'd be pretty surprised, and the only ones who are likely to know about it at all are the Fire Royals.

He tried it against Ghazan, and in book 4 he only had a lava shuriken in his single 1v1 fight.

I'm talking about that one:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Th tornado looks pretty potent. At least more potent than Mako's fire plums.

I don't recall that but I'll take your word. Anyways, Ghazan > Bolin in lavabending.
Zaheer?

So they should win on account of being more skilled and stronger?

Well yeah, but Ghazan tried AoE before Bolin did so.
I don't think Bolin would make lava seas IC in a 1v1. I mean, it doesn't seem like it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mial42 said:
@anthp2000 said:
@mial42 said:

Not in a 1v1.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I don't recall that but I'll take your word. Anyways, Ghazan > Bolin in lavabending.

Zaheer?

I don't think Bolin would make lava seas IC in a 1v1. I mean, it doesn't seem like it.

That was one blast, and it didn't have the range Mako's did. It's also smaller than Bolin's lava waves.

The tornado is more potent, but it lacks concussive force.

IMO EoS Bolin=Ghazan in lava. And if you're using Mako's feat for the Royals, I may as well use Ghazan's for Bolin. Bolin might have cooled his shuriken in the mech too, although that might've been convection.

The reason I referenced Zaheer is that when the RL escaped Zaofu, either he or Ghazan cooled the lava moat in seconds. I don't think Zaheer's powerful enough for that, which leaves Ghazan as the only option.

No, they are the only ones who might know anything about lavabending. They'll still be surprised because of the above factors, and they still won't know how to counter it. And I think Bolin is skilled and powerful enough to keep up with them.

Of course Ghazan used lava first; Bolin couldn't even generate lava at the time.

He's done it against groups of people in the past, and he was in Kuvira's army for three years. If he was bloodlusted, he'd probably combine small droplets of lava with his speed and accuracy (like against P'li) for one hit kills.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@mial42 said:
@anthp2000 said:
@mial42 said:
@anthp2000 said:
@mial42 said:

Not in a 1v1.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Zaheer?

That was one blast, and it didn't have the range Mako's did. It's also smaller than Bolin's lava waves.

IMO EoS Bolin=Ghazan in lava. And if you're using Mako's feat for the Royals, I may as well use Ghazan's for Bolin. Bolin might have cooled his shuriken in the mech too, although that might've been convection.

The reason I referenced Zaheer is that when the RL escaped Zaofu, either he or Ghazan cooled the lava moat in seconds. I don't think Zaheer's powerful enough for that, which leaves Ghazan as the only option.

No, they are the only ones who might know anything about lavabending. They'll still be surprised because of the above factors, and they still won't know how to counter it. And I think Bolin is skilled and powerful enough to keep up with them.

Of course Ghazan used lava first; Bolin couldn't even generate lava at the time.

He's done it against groups of people in the past, and he was in Kuvira's army for three years. If he was bloodlusted, he'd probably combine small droplets of lava with his speed and accuracy (like against P'li) for one hit kills.

It's far faster than Bolin's Aoe and I doubt he can defend or dodge it in time.

Mako's didn't have concussive force.

Why? Ghazan had a whole lifetime to train in lavabending. Bolin had what? A year? We cannot just give Bolin Ghazan's feats when he didn't replicate anything like soldifying lava.

Ah, yeah, you're right. But Bolin's not Ghazan.

Mako didn't know how to counter firebending specifically or anything. He just threw some fire at it.

I mean that Bolin never went on the offencive with lava seas in a 1v1.

Yeah, but bloodlusted, he cannot beat Toph. We're talking about IC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

@mial42 said:
@anthp2000 said:
@mial42 said:
@anthp2000 said:
@mial42 said:

Not in a 1v1.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Zaheer?

It's far faster than Bolin's Aoe and I doubt he can defend or dodge it in time.

Mako's didn't have concussive force.

Why? Ghazan had a whole lifetime to train in lavabending. Bolin had what? A year? We cannot just give Bolin Ghazan's feats when he didn't replicate anything like soldifying lava.

Ah, yeah, you're right. But Bolin's not Ghazan.

Mako didn't know how to counter firebending specifically or anything. He just threw some fire at it.

I mean that Bolin never went on the offencive with lava seas in a 1v1.

Yeah, but bloodlusted, he cannot beat Toph. We're talking about IC.

Yeah, but the range is also shorter.

Yes, it did. Otherwise the lava would've gone right through it.

He had three years of combat. Ghazan was 13 years out of practice. Bolin's feats (creating lava with his hands tied, lava shurikens, lava wave) put him on Ghazan's level.

And Zuko and Azula aren't Mako.

Yes, but his fire was a sustained stream with concussive force behind it, which the siblings haven't replicated.

Because he never had the chance. He's had 2 1v1's since he became a lavabender. The first he tried to, but was outmatched by a superior lavabender. The second, he only had one shuriken.

He uses lava waves in character. I was using the accuracy+lava example as something Bolin would do if he were bloodlusted that he wouldn't do in character.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@mial42: Yeah, but they have ranged attacks that I already showed.

If it had concussive force it would have made an explosion or something. That's just normal fire.

Yeah. They put him on Ghazans level. But we cannot assume he can soldify his lava like Ghazan who is a master lavabender did. We just can't.

Exactly, they are much much more skilled and strong than Mako.

...Yes they have. Azula's Jet Propulsion is all about that. That fire plume is basically just basic firebending...

When did be try to use an AoE wave against Ghazan?

And Toph would simply defeat him shen bloodlusted. More raw power, mobility, versatality, skill and yeah she can feel lava like when Team Avayar were after Ozai in the eclipse.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: They have ranged attacks, but Bolin can dodge them.

Concussive force =/= explosion

I know, but he doesn't need to to win the fight

So? Doesn't mean they can do everything Mako can do. Neither of them can use streams of instant ot charged lightning, or simultaneously generate and redirect lightning.

Basic firebending has no force behind it. Firejets have never done anything like that.

My bad. I meant he tried attacking him with lava, and then Ghazan dodged and overwhelmed. Bolin never had the chance to do it in that fight either.

Yeah, Toph would just overwhelm him bloodlusted, but in character lavabending is a perfect counter for her.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@mial42: The point is that he won't have the time to pull out any AoE.

How do you know they cant? Azula has both redirection and generation. She has done things considered impossible with lightning.

So you're saying that Fire Jets are not contnious steams of fire that have force good enough to propel a human body?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bolin can create lava instantly. He isn't getting blitzed by either. At least some of the fights will last long enough for him to start pulling out AOE attacks.

Because they haven't shown it. By the same logic, Korra can redirect lightning and lavabend, and Bolin can cool lava.

Mako's fireblast didn't propel him at all. They're similar but not the same. And it's still only going to work on Bolin's small scale attacks. They'll need to dodge his larger ones, and Zuko in particular will struggle with that.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

I just wanted to chime in here. The very first move Bolin figured out was how to solidify lava and cool it.

Loading Video...

Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly 1-2 if by some miracle they get passed azula Katara bodies them. No way in hell they make it past her as even against Azula I see her taking down one of them before someone gets in a lucky shot.

Starboii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Starboii

Mako alone could clear. So could Bolin.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@starboii said:

Mako alone could clear. So could Bolin.

You cannot be serious.... Neither of them would get past Zuko 1v1, and everyone else nearly destroys them.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@mial42 said:

Bolin can create lava instantly. He isn't getting blitzed by either. At least some of the fights will last long enough for him to start pulling out AOE attacks.

Because they haven't shown it. By the same logic, Korra can redirect lightning and lavabend, and Bolin can cool lava.

Mako's fireblast didn't propel him at all. They're similar but not the same. And it's still only going to work on Bolin's small scale attacks. They'll need to dodge his larger ones, and Zuko in particular will struggle with that.

Not enough at all. They are too fast and too powerful for lavabenders that lack master earthbending.

The difference being that Korra showcased no lavabending or lightning and that cooling lava is a pretty advanced move. Azula has demostrated abilities with lightning no one else has and it's stupidly simple to just redirect or throw lightning. It's just nothing special.

.........What? Just because a firebender doesn't have direct showings of blocking lava doesn't mean they cannot do it.... Mako's fire plumes were simply strogn and precise enough to block the lava. What exactly is it that the siblings cannot replicate? Basically, jet propulsion is all about precision and continious force hence me bringing it up.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: No, they aren't. Bolin can react to them, and again, he has instant lava generation. His earthbending isn't bad either.

And Azula showcased no continuous lightning or simultaneous generation and redirection. Assuming she can do it is pure wankery. And what makes cooling lava more difficult than simultaneous redirection and generation?

I know they can block the smaller attacks. I just don't think the power gap between them and Mako is so huge that they can block Bolin's larger attacks, and in both cases, they'd be better of dodging then trying to block attacks that they know little or nothing about, so the point is moot.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@mial42 said:

@anthp2000: No, they aren't. Bolin can react to them, and again, he has instant lava generation. His earthbending isn't bad either.

And Azula showcased no continuous lightning or simultaneous generation and redirection. Assuming she can do it is pure wankery. And what makes cooling lava more difficult than simultaneous redirection and generation?

I know they can block the smaller attacks. I just don't think the power gap between them and Mako is so huge that they can block Bolin's larger attacks, and in both cases, they'd be better of dodging then trying to block attacks that they know little or nothing about, so the point is moot.

He has no instant lava generation. The fastest one would be him bending out of earth in 1 second but this is weak and slow. He needs something huge to be effective.

The fact that it's a highily advanced technique while simultaneous redirection and generation is just a combination of 2 basic techniques.

The gap is not enormous or anything, but it's really significant. Add in the fact that Mako did this nightime. Overall, there's nothing else to say here. They have both bogger scale, precision and firepower than Mako and if Bolin tries any big AoE, he gets shot down immediately by fast paced deadly attacks from both fire and lightning.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about what he used against Kuvira's mecha when he, Zhu Li, and Varrick tried to escape?

You have no evidence of either. Only one person in history has shown the ability to do either (Ghazan and Mako respectively), and there are more lightning benders then Ghazan-style lavabenders.

Bolin is perfectly capable of fighting precision with precision. He's more precise than either (P'li feat), and he has plenty of experience with dealing with small fast attacks (It was literally his day job for a few months). All three also have the option of pulling out larger AOE if they so choose. And I highly doubt that the siblings first response to lavabending (which they know next to nothing about) is "let me try and block it". Neither of the royals are stupid, they'll dodge his attacks, and Bolin will do the same. I'm not trying to claim Bolin is better than them, just that he can keep up and take at a minimum a solid minority (3-4/10).

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@mial42 said:

What about what he used against Kuvira's mecha when he, Zhu Li, and Varrick tried to escape?

You have no evidence of either. Only one person in history has shown the ability to do either (Ghazan and Mako respectively), and there are more lightning benders then Ghazan-style lavabenders.

Bolin is perfectly capable of fighting precision with precision. He's more precise than either (P'li feat), and he has plenty of experience with dealing with small fast attacks (It was literally his day job for a few months). All three also have the option of pulling out larger AOE if they so choose. And I highly doubt that the siblings first response to lavabending (which they know next to nothing about) is "let me try and block it". Neither of the royals are stupid, they'll dodge his attacks, and Bolin will do the same. I'm not trying to claim Bolin is better than them, just that he can keep up and take at a minimum a solid minority (3-4/10).

You have a scan? Gif? Video?

It's a highily advanced technique because in every bending style, bending the tempreture of the element is considered highily advanced.
Redirection and Generation are the most basic lightningbending techniques.

Come again?

No Caption Provided

Lightning is known as the cold blooded fire. It is precise and deadly like Azula.
- Uncle Iroh (Bitter Work)

Azula took private lessons from Ty Lee and Mai in evasion, felxibility, quick draw skills and pinpoint accurasy respectively to prepare herself for the eclipse
- Bryak Konyetzko (Commentary from the Day of Black Sun p2)

Mako's first choice was definetely blocking it despite his lack of knowledge on it.
Bolin needs time to use his AoE and he needs several movements. The siblings can just point their fists or fingers and create something he cannot block.
I agree on the solid minority, just not any majority.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mial42 said:

It's a highily advanced technique because in every bending style, bending the tempreture of the element is considered highily advanced.

Come again?

No Caption Provided

Lightning is known as the cold blooded fire. It is precise and deadly like Azula.

Azula took private lessons from Ty Lee and Mai in evasion, felxibility, quick draw skills and pinpoint accurasy respectively to prepare herself for the eclipse

Mako's first choice was definetely blocking it despite his lack of knowledge on it.

Bolin needs time to use his AoE and he needs several movements. The siblings can just point their fists or fingers and create something he cannot block.

Wasn't what I was looking for, but it was the first one I found.

Any statements on that? And lavabending is all about going from solid to liquid.

Yes, but doing them simultaneously is not.

That Zuko one is impressive, but not combat-applicable.

Feats>subjective, vaguely worded character statements. Azula is precise, but not more so than Bolin.

Mako blocked it because he was defending a fortified position. Trying to block a largely unknown, 1 hit kill attack isn't a good idea when there are other options available.

He needs time for his big AOE. No, they can't, he has decent defense feats, and their biggest "casual" blasts are short range.

Glad we (kind of) agree, although he do think he can take a majority on Zuko with everyone in character.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@mial42 said:
@anthp2000 said:
@mial42 said:

Come again?

No Caption Provided

Any statements on that? And lavabending is all about going from solid to liquid.

Feats>subjective, vaguely worded character statements. Azula is precise, but not more so than Bolin.

Mako blocked it because he was defending a fortified position. Trying to block a largely unknown, 1 hit kill attack isn't a good idea when there are other options available.

He needs time for his big AOE. No, they can't, he has decent defense feats, and their biggest "casual" blasts are short range.

Glad we (kind of) agree, although he do think he can take a majority on Zuko with everyone in character.

Like I said. Weak.

It sounds pretty simple and basic.

For whatever reason it's not combat applicable exactly? It's one of his skills.

The statement of her training with Mai alone would put her well above Bolin.

He wasn't really defending anything. He was alone on that position. Ghzan was just trying to kill him.

Exactly what I said. He needs time for his big AoE.
"Decent" is not nearly enough.
That's short range?

No Caption Provided

Possibly, I don't think so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mial42 said:
@anthp2000 said:
@mial42 said:

Come again?

No Caption Provided

Like I said. Weak.

He wasn't really defending anything. He was alone on that position. Ghzan was just trying to kill him.

That's short range?

No Caption Provided

Weak? It's just as good as anything the siblings can do instantly.

"It sounds simple" isn't good reasoning.

Because those bullets haven't shown any sort of power.

No it doesn't, unless you think she's actually as precise as Mai. She still hasn't shown as much precision as Bolin.

I know, but his smaller lava attacks are instant.

Against most of their attacks, it is. As for your gifs, Bolin can and will dodge one and two, Azula hasn't shown she can do three without bars to brace herself, and four isn't exactly casual and can also be dodged. Bolin has two feats of dodging lightning (from the mechs). Five is too much, hence why I said "in character". Zuko has only used those once, and it was to try and kill Azula. The whips are good, but they also take a couple seconds to make.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@mial42 said:
@anthp2000 said:
@mial42 said:
@anthp2000 said:
@mial42 said:

Come again?

No Caption Provided

Like I said. Weak.

That's short range?

No Caption Provided

No it doesn't, unless you think she's actually as precise as Mai. She still hasn't shown as much precision as Bolin.

Against most of their attacks, it is. As for your gifs, Bolin can and will dodge one and two, Azula hasn't shown she can do three without bars to brace herself, and four isn't exactly casual and can also be dodged. Bolin has two feats of dodging lightning (from the mechs). Five is too much, hence why I said "in character". Zuko has only used those once, and it was to try and kill Azula. The whips are good, but they also take a couple seconds to make.

No, it's not.

Ok.

You do realise no one cares about those bullets right? The skill is being precise. It applies to every move Zuko throws. And what power did that pebble Bolin threw show?

Assuming she is even 1/5 as precise as Mai, then she is more precise than Bolin.

That are easily countered.

He cannot dodge if he is trying to make big lava waves. Too slow.
lol What? All she needs to do is jump and point her legs.... The bars are non-factor....
It's easily casual unless you haven't read my opener on the Cav.
He can dodge lightning, but not when he is trying to get big lava attacks out. He needs to focus on that.
And what indicates he won't use them again vs a lavabender who can kill him with gestures?
The huge blast Zuko made didn't take much time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mial42 said:
@anthp2000 said:
@mial42 said:
@anthp2000 said:
@mial42 said:

Come again?

No Caption Provided

Like I said. Weak.

That's short range?

No Caption Provided

No, it's not.

Ok.

You do realise no one cares about those bullets right? The skill is being precise. It applies to every move Zuko throws. And what power did that pebble Bolin threw show?

Assuming she is even 1/5 as precise as Mai, then she is more precise than Bolin.

That are easily countered.

He cannot dodge if he is trying to make big lava waves. Too slow.

lol What? All she needs to do is jump and point her legs.... The bars are non-factor....

It's easily casual unless you haven't read my opener on the Cav.

He can dodge lightning, but not when he is trying to get big lava attacks out. He needs to focus on that.

And what indicates he won't use them again vs a lavabender who can kill him with gestures?

The huge blast Zuko made didn't take much time.

Sure it is.

Glad we agree.

Nope, he didn't show anywhere near that kind of precision when he was spamming explosive blasts at Azula. He missed all but one.

Nope.

They can be countered, but so can the siblings smaller fire attacks.

What? Bolin doesn't stay rooted. All he needs to do is sidestep.

The way she kicks requires the bars to brace herself. And without a height advantage, that attack will be much less useful.

Sorry, I thought it was a different gif. Bolin can dodge that one.

He isn't going to go for big lava attacks unless he has time.

If he does, Bolin can dodge the first few and counter attack with smaller, faster amounts of lava. That feat is also an outlier for Zuko; he never used anything like that again, even when it would've been useful, like in his Agni-Kai with Azula.

I know, but like the others, it explodes on contact. Bolin can sidestep it.