Make a team to beat the Avengers

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dextersinister

You will assemble a team of up to 7 character's and have up to 30 mins to describe to them how you expect them to take down a team of some the the Avengers most well known members in order to send a message.

After causing havoc to draw attention your team has a minute to ready themselves

Rules:-

The most important rule and the entire point of this thread is that your team must not be able to take the Avengers down with raw power or by having individuals pair off against specific Avengers, they must be weaker than the Avengers. Your team must win through some combination of powers or skills example: Deathstroke fires shots through the portal's of the villain Spot. Bonus points for original ideas, feel free to comment and remark on the ideas of others.

No character's that have a history of combining for a greater effect for example the Planeteers, no power absorbers, no power mimickers, no telepaths, speedsters are ok but no speed amping. I'm probably missing something so expect edits.

The weaker your team the better your mastermind status

Death is frowned upon but it's acceptable, the risk you take when you have normal humans fight alongside individuals who could survive a nuke.

Avengers roster:

Bruisers: Hulk and Thor

Tricksters: Iron Man in current armour and Strange pre-supreme / these characters are treated as having info on your team as if they where recurring foes and also have a minute to ready themselves on the way over.

The ladies: Scarlet Witch and Ms.Marvel

Headliners: Spider Man and Wolverine

Movie Chaff: Cap, Hawkeye, Blackwidow

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By 202122

@Dextersinister: Wonder Woman, Magik, Nightcrawler, Jason Todd and Mr. Majestic

Ok i get Nightcrawler and Jason to work together to kill:

- Cap

- Hawkeye

- Black Widow

- Scarlet Witch

They do so by Nightcrawler tele-blitzing with Jason Todd firing in all directions, Nightcrawler being faster then bullets mean there's no way they can be hit.

Magik teleports Ms. Marvel, Spidey and Wolverine out of the fight

Wonder Woman and Mr. Majestic double team Hulk and Thor using their combined power to pull the win

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dextersinister

@202122: I'm afraid your team is far too strong, Nightcrawler and Jason are not necessary as you could have Majestic who is effectively a stronger version of Superman simply blitz everyone who isn't Hulk and Thor and proceed to fight them with WW.

I am not familiar with Majestic but at I've heard mention he is stronger.

The teleporting Nightcrawler bit is along the right idea.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By 202122

@Dextersinister: How do you beat Thor with anyone who isn't on Majestic's level, there is no combination of middle weight heroes that could do it

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Stompa

Only seven guys to take out these eleven and then even weaker....wow ok lemme try. I take Psycho Man,Rage,Gravity, Nightcrawler, Whirlwind, Ult. Hawkeye,and Vertigo.

I am not sure if this would work out but my plan would be:

Vertigo uses her powers to scramble the minds of Scarlet Witch and Strange so they can´t cast my team into oblivion.

Psycho Man uses his emotion controle to enrage all of the Avengers except Strange and SW and does the same with Rage. Rage get´s fueld by all the hatred and violence and engages Hulk so he should have a shot (not really i know but you wanted combos). Gravity uses his powers on Mjolnir to make it stick to the ground then gives Thor a full power blast just to let him loose his grip and then Nightcrawler ports him aways to BFR him.....with his hammer sticking to the ground Thor will have a nice walk. Whirlwind rushes in the middle of the streetfighter Avengers and Ult. Hawkeye uses his perfect aim and insane shooting speed to riccochet his arrows through the winds in way impossible for them to defend......it´s not perfect but the best i could come up without overpowering them.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dextersinister

@202122 said:

@Dextersinister: How do you beat Thor with anyone who isn't on Majestic's level, there is no combination of middle weight heroes that could do it

I originally planned to use the League but they had the same problem as Mr Majestic they where to fast so the teams people made would always need to compensate for being blitzed. You can use people on Thor's level the problem is Majestic isn't he would blitz Thor, his win against the Avengers would be horribly obvious Wildstorm seems to be on the very high end of the power scale.

Try and think how you would abuse certain power such in combination such as Madrox with any number of characters that could exploit a multipler or even evil combinations such as Magneto and Wolverine with Magneto using his skeleton as a horribly dangerous weapon.