#1 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3607 posts) - - Show Bio

Majeston Zelia defeated Odin twice and laid waste to Olympus as an encore. She see/senses Dormammu approaching from half a light year away, and he's closing in on her location fast.

Fight takes place in a neutral dimension that while not being overtly mystical, does have magical energy that can be exploited.

Win by KO, Death, Imprisonment

Who wins?

Dormammu

Majeston Zelia

#2 Posted by Cgoodness (5138 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu is just destined to lose :/ I'm just waiting for squirrel girl to take him out

#3 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3607 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn. I forgot about the "Boss of Bosses" that is Squirrel Girl! That's why I put this fight in an alternate dimension, so that hopefully she can't interfere and curbstomp both of them simultaneously ^-^!!

#4 Posted by Cgoodness (5138 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3607 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: Sorry man i know nothing about Majeston Zelia, i will wait for someone to make a case for him before i can see and argue, if applicable, about Dormammu.

#7 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3607 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall:

Now this is unexpected! I actually stumped one of the most knowledgeable posters on the "Vine?! No sarcasm bro, you've got skills! I wish I had a scanner to show you (and others) how she straight schooled both Asgard and Olympus. For what looked like a leisurely activity, like stamp collecting, or catch and release fishing.

Hmm... how about you @god_spawn, @dondave, @joygirl, and/or @ancient_0f_days? Anything you guys (and ladies) could bring to the table would be most helpful. And appreciated!:)

#8 Posted by Joygirl (20060 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a clue.

#9 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3607 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl:

Damn. Someone other than me has to have read the John Romita Jr. run on Thor a few years back when the Dark Gods made their debut. With a merciless vengeance.

Maybe you, @deranged_midget or @ghostravage... What say you distinguished gentlemen on this issue?

#10 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: This might he hard but could you explain more about her fight. How powerful where her attacks, how durable are Olympions and Asgardians are from whatever universe this is from. What actually are her list of abilities and to what extend. If she can fire energy attack, how powerful attacks (powerful enough to destroy a galaxy / powerful enough to knock out a guy who was casually rearranging solar system) etc.. anything you can list in such a way would be helpful.

And thanks for the compliment :p but i am only knoweledgable mostly on marvel powerhouses.

#11 Posted by Deranged Midget (17712 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm lacking in knowledge on the higher tier characters like these, sorry mate.

#12 Posted by GhostRavage (9178 posts) - - Show Bio

Same as above mon ami. :(

#13 Posted by ownagepants (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: well the best feat majeston zeila has is cutting through the crust of asgard

#14 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3607 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: And thanks for the compliment :p but i am only knoweledgable mostly on marvel powerhouses.

I noticed.:) Which should be slightly helpful considering that Majeston Zelia and Dormammu are both Marvel characters. She and her Pantheon of "Dark Gods" arrived/debuted in the immediate Post "Heroes Reborn" Marvel U (penciled by John Romita Jr). Upon Thor's re-arrival to the 616-Verse, he observed that Asgard was in ruins and that Odin was stripped nearly naked and bound in chains. The rest of the Asgardian race was imprisoned, and as such he reached out to his long time friend/rival Hercules to help free his people. Herc had the bright idea to ask his father to assist them only to discover that She had laid waste to Olympus as well. It was crazy man, and there seemed to be no stopping her. This fight went down right before Thanos teamed up with Mangog during the same era a few years back.

I hope this was helpful and that it jogs your (and others) memory on her and her "Dark Gods". Now that I think about it, I wonder if the 'Vine has a wiki on her, her son Perrikus, and/or the rest of the "Dark Gods"....

@deranged_midget: I'm lacking in knowledge on the higher tier characters like these, sorry mate.

Drat. Thanks though!:)

#15 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: Oh... lol now i know who are you talking about hahaha, just didnt know her name.

Dormammu would most likely win though. While she had Odin in chains, that was done thru manipulatio and help from other Dark Gods. When Thor actually god-blasts her, she is near defeated. They had to merged to form a giant Golom to over-come the destroyer.

Dormammu has more feats and honestly has normally looked more powerful.

#16 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3607 posts) - - Show Bio

So I'm not the only person who read this story! I was about to get a complex or something (lol)! Thank you for helping restore my sanity. The one thing we don't know is just how much (if any) help the other Dark Gods assisted her in her ends considering that she stood ready to outright execute Odin before in their first encounter. It was only the "impetuousness of youth" Thor as a child displayed by tossing his dad a spear that allowed Odin to save his own life. So in their initial encounter centuries ago, she had the All-Father dead to rights. In our era she destroyed his kingdom and trussed him up like nobody's business in full view of his entire race. While they were behind prison bars.

She'd have to be pretty powerful to pull that off and bumrush Oympus as an encore performance.

IMO. I stand to be corrected wherever I may have erred in my analysis.

#17 Edited by I_am_Warlock (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu gets murdered the way he has been portrayed off recently. Last 5 or so years of endless jobbing will get anyone to reconsider the position.

Majeston stomps.

#18 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3607 posts) - - Show Bio

@ownagepants: @killemall: well the best feat majeston zeila has is cutting through the crust of asgard

Interesting. Where do you think she rates here in this battle of the beasties?

@ghostravage: Same as above mon ami. :(

Double drat. Thanks again for checking in!

@i_am_warlock: Dormammu gets murdered the way he has been portrayed off recently. Last 5 or so years of endless jobbing will get anyone to reconsider the position.

What did they do to him? If you don't mind me asking...

#19 Posted by I_am_Warlock (289 posts) - - Show Bio

What did they do to him? If you don't mind me asking...

He lost to Dr. Voodoo in his own realm. He got stomped by a weakened Dr. Strange. Got exorcised by Hellstorm. Defeated twice by Magik despite her powers having been broken.

I cant recall the last time he actually beat someone.

Classic Dormammu was a badass, current one sucks.

#20 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3607 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_am_warlock:

I had no idea. What about classic Dormammu? How do you think he'd fare here?

#21 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3607 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#22 Posted by JwwProd (10039 posts) - - Show Bio

I see Majeston Zelia winning this though Dormammu is more awesome :)

#23 Posted by Lvenger (20683 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish I knew more about Majeston to help reach a better judged verdict. Not too good on Dormammu either.

#24 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: Oh... lol now i know who are you talking about hahaha, just didnt know her name.

Dormammu would most likely win though. While she had Odin in chains, that was done thru manipulatio and help from other Dark Gods. When Thor actually god-blasts her, she is near defeated. They had to merged to form a giant Golom to over-come the destroyer.

Dormammu has more feats and honestly has normally looked more powerful.

Well, while I don't remember that fights perfectly, she was able to summon all of their power to her at will. This was version that (again) - IIRC - was defeated by God Blast.

#25 Edited by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, while I don't remember that fights perfectly, she was able to summon all of their power to her at will. This was version that (again) - IIRC - was defeated by God Blast.

She was the leader of the Dark Gods, and being able to call upon their power to merge into the whole Golem thing i dont think can be used here. She herself did very little in the story, Perrikus was the one who got to shine, and from heroes Thor, despite we know the 2 big guns in the fight where Odin and Majeston (i didnt even know her name till now :p lol)

#26 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I wish I knew more about Majeston to help reach a better judged verdict. Not too good on Dormammu either.

She is supposed to be the leader and the most powerful of the Dark Gods, she does have some cool implied power and she was more or less supposed to be up there in class with Odin. We saw her sub-ordinate hack the mjolnir into two with relative ease.

Its just that, despite getting this vibe that she is pretty powerful she does scarce little in the only story she has ever appeared in. So even if you have read the whole Dark Gods saga you wont get much out of it.

At least the fact that Marnot was outright terrified of the Dark Gods, who was powerful enough to outright mock Hela in hel and have Hela scared of him, shows they were meant to be pretty powerful, but pretty sure you wanted hard core feats as opposed to this ABC logic that i am presenting.

#27 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3607 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: @killemall: At least the fact that Marnot was outright terrified of the Dark Gods, who was powerful enough to outright mock Hela in hel and have Hela scared of him, shows they were meant to be pretty powerful

And this is why I reached out to you, sir. Nuggets of truth like this that I myself had forgotten. Marnot did clown Hela in her own domain. Man that was classic..

We saw her sub-ordinate hack the mjolnir into two with relative ease.

You are correct sir, that the combination of Perrikus' strength and the unknown substance his Scythe was made of cut through Mjolnir like it was made of Styrofoam. That is a remarkable feat considering the fact that the last time before he did that, the only thing that caused that kind of damage to Thor's Uru hammer was a protracted battle between him and the Destroyer. It's laughable (at least in my opinion) that Majeston Zelia's power wouldn't dwarf her eldest son's power (great as it is) by as many leagues as Odin's power is above his eldest son's.

Again sir, good call!:)

#28 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3607 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwwprod: I see Majeston Zelia winning this though Dormammu is more awesome :)

Don't let her hear you say that! ^-^ How do you see her pulling this off?

#29 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Majeston is hardly her name :-D

Anyway - I'm pretty much with Dormie here too. She lacks of feats, but I wouldn't say that summoning their power is out of her reach.

#30 Posted by Lvenger (20683 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: Well in that case she stands a good chance despite a lack of feats.

#31 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway - I'm pretty much with Dormie here too. She lacks of feats, but I wouldn't say that summoning their power is out of her reach.

I still dont really know what her name was, only when OP started explaining her feat i was like, oh yeah thats who you are talking about, i totally know about her :p hehe

Oh the conjuring part, it wasnt her own power though, he was pooling powers from rest of the Dark Gods. That shouldnt be applicable in battle because well it involves rest of the Dark Gods who are not in the thread.

#32 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

I still dont really know what her name was, only when OP started explaining her feat i was like, oh yeah thats who you are talking about, i totally know about her :p hehe

Oh the conjuring part, it wasnt her own power though, he was pooling powers from rest of the Dark Gods. That shouldnt be applicable in battle because well it involves rest of the Dark Gods who are not in the thread.

1.Zelia ;-) Majeston is her tittle, like Majestor Gladiator now.

2.I know, I am saying that she can do it anywhere and anytime.

#33 Posted by TheReptile (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm, I don't know that much about these characters! my guess is that Majeston Zelia should win because Dormammu goes against Doctor strange and sometimes loses but Majeston Zelia has gone against Odin and won a few times. I could be wrong but thats my best guess.

#34 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3607 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: I am saying that she can do it anywhere and anytime.

I actually hadn't thought of this aspect of her power(s). Quick question to either you, @killemall, @lvenger, or whoever else knows the answer: How close does Odin have to be to other Asgardians to leech their power into himself? I know doing so is well within his powerset, what I don't know is how close he has to be to them (or if he physically has to be on Asgardian soil) to pull that move off.

If he can do it from anywhere, then it stands to reason that Majeston Zelia may be capable of similar actions. Hmm... a new wrinkle.....

#35 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: Odin has never really done that apart from 1 instance against the Celestials, where everyone willingly pooled their power inside the destroyer armor to face the Celestials. So he probably could, give the kind of weird stuffs he is actually capable of, we dont really know how far they have to be.

#36 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3607 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: So he probably could, give the kind of weird stuffs he is actually capable of, we dont really know how far they have to be.

Interesting... So an effective maximum range on this ability has yet to be established. Interesting.. Add to the fact that Odin, Majeston Zelia, and Dormammu are all magical (and not just magical, but on their level of magical) the distance he could/she could perform this maneuver could be astronomical.

In theory...

#37 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8473 posts) - - Show Bio

dormammu wins after good fight

#38 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm, I don't know that much about these characters! my guess is that Majeston Zelia should win because Dormammu goes against Doctor strange and sometimes loses but Majeston Zelia has gone against Odin and won a few times. I could be wrong but thats my best guess.

Strange, Voodoo, Fate - they use certain type of magic to deal with their enemies, but I wouldn't say that any of them really is in this league in terms of pure power.

#39 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3607 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: Strange, Voodoo, Fate - they use certain type of magic to deal with their enemies, but I wouldn't say that any of them really is in this league in terms of pure power.

Under normal circumstances I'd tend to agree with this. However (at least in the cases of Dr's Fate and Strange) they can get amped to way more beastly than what would be normally required depending on the situation. From what I've read anyway...

But I hear you though, the level of magic Majeston Zelia, Odin, and Dormammu operate on should be "strain your mortal shell to it's limits" to cope with. IMO.

#40 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3607 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#41 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont know much about majeston but its get to be her who wins here right? i mean she took asgard and olympus down

#42 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3607 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil: i dont know much about majeston but its get to be her who wins here right? i mean she took asgard and olympus down

She did. What @killemall and I were discussing earlier was just one of her abilities to merge with the other Dark Gods (similar to what Odin did with the Asgardians and the Destroyer armor to fight off the Celestials) to create a Being named "Union". Now whether or not she could access this ability (or whether or not she'd need it) in this pocket dimension she's fighting Dormammu in, we've yet to determine. But I'm open to arguments for both combatants, as to who'd come out on top.

You're a pretty knowledgeable guy @vance_astro, what do you think?

#43 Edited by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet said:

@foreverevil: i dont know much about majeston but its get to be her who wins here right? i mean she took asgard and olympus down

She did. What @killemall and I were discussing earlier was just one of her abilities to merge with the other Dark Gods (similar to what Odin did with the Asgardians and the Destroyer armor to fight off the Celestials) to create a Being named "Union". Now whether or not she could access this ability (or whether or not she'd need it) in this pocket dimension she's fighting Dormammu in, we've yet to determine. But I'm open to arguments for both combatants, as to who'd come out on top.

You're a pretty knowledgeable guy @vance_astro, what do you think?

Thanks for having faith in my comic knowledge but I actually don't know anything about these characters.

#44 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3607 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro:

This my be the crowning achievement of my Comicvine experience. I've stumped 2 Mods with one Battle Thread? Has the world gone mad?! Hmm... I linked to the wikis contained here on the "Vine and marvel.wikia.com for these two. Based on what info they provided (which was amazingly accurate for a wiki), do you think you have enough info to make a reasoned hypothesis, perhaps.....?

By the way, props on reaching almost 90,000 posts! WOW!!!^-^

#45 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet said:

@vance_astro:

This my be the crowning achievement of my Comicvine experience. I've stumped 2 Mods with one Battle Thread? Has the world gone mad?! Hmm... I linked to the wikis contained here on the "Vine and marvel.wikia.com for these two. Based on what info they provided (which was amazingly accurate for a wiki), do you think you have enough info to make a reasoned hypothesis, perhaps.....?

I will do some research and get back to you.

By the way, props on reaching almost 90,000 posts! WOW!!!^-^

#46 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3607 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro:

You're very welcome, mon ami. 89,000+ posts is a tremendous milestone! I'm trying to get there, but I feel it may take a while (lol)! ;)