#1 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

morals off

no prep

starts 100 feet away

#2 Edited by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk but i like the artwork in this battle.

#3 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17124 posts) - - Show Bio

It is Hyperion from Earth X story, yes? IIRC hehad some feats in opposite to Magni.

#4 Edited by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: no, it's the Hyperion currently in the Avengers roster. So as far as I can tell, this is basically equal to a normal Hyperion vs. a Thor equivalent.

#5 Edited by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

It is Hyperion from Earth X story, yes? IIRC hehad some feats in opposite to Magni.

yea he held two universes from colliding for a while but magni is the god of strength so his strength is limitless

#6 Edited by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjames447: the image of Hyperion would more accurately be said to show him trying to hold his planet and its duplicate apart, rather than 2 entire universes. Also Magni displayed several strength feats but there is no evidence to suggest his strength to be limitless (apart from it being suggested in mythology).

#7 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_creator: im pretty sure it was 2 universes he held apart and magni is capable of lifting anything i mean thor is the god of thunder and he can make thunder loki is the god of mischief and he is mischievous so why wouldn't magni the god of strength have limitless strength

#8 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17124 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: no, it's the Hyperion currently in the Avengers roster. So as far as I can tell, this is basically equal to a normal Hyperion vs. a Thor equivalent.

If this is Magni who had Mjolnir, then I agree. If it is pre-Mjolnir Magni, then I don't recall anything important, considering that it is so called New Hyperion (I've seen this name pretty often) who held two planets rather than universes).

#9 Edited by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjames447: the actual scan from the avengers comic even mentions the 2 worlds being about to touch. The scan is on this page, http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/anyone-have-scans-of-the-new-hyperion-747842/

As for Magni, we can say what we please about his powers but without proof, it is meaningless. Nowhere in the comic does it show (or even state) his strength to be limitless. So it's an assumption and thus not provable. If you know where it states his strength to be limitless please show us.

#10 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_creator: the 2 planets where from 2 different universes so technically it was 2 universes and his name is the god of strength what more proof is needed they get titles like that for a reason you know...

#11 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjames447: I don't know how more basic I can be to explain things to you. The actual comic states the 2 worlds where about to touch. This is what Hyperion could touch and influence. He failed.

Using your reasoning for Magni, surely Hercules has unlimited strength as well then as he is a god of strength. Evidence is what backs up claims. Post a feat or a line from the comic showing he has unlimited strength otherwise its unproven conjecture. I could say Magni has reality manipulation powers but he did not display them so who can prove otherwise. The fact he did not display them makes the burden of proof on me to show he has them so I can prove my argument is factual, not simply my opinion. As I cannot show he has reality manipulation powers I don't make that claim. So if you believe Magni has unlimited strength prove it to us. Otherwise he's as strong as his best strength feat has shown him to be.

#12 Posted by PowerHerc (82612 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Hyperion.

#13 Posted by PrimeDirective (451 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_creator: Um... Herc practically DOES have immeasurably limitless strength. He's almost always strong enough to do what needs to be done (pulling continental plates together for example).

#14 Posted by Ratatat (697 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor had a son?

#15 Posted by PowerHerc (82612 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor had a son?

Yep.

Thor and the Enchantress had a son named Magni in the Reigning (and other related) story-arc but Magni was later relegated to being part of an alternate universe at the end of the arc.

#16 Posted by Ratatat (697 posts) - - Show Bio

@emptyseven said:

Thor had a son?

Yep.

Thor and the Enchantress had a son named Magni in the Reigning (and other related) story-arc but Magni was later relegated to being part of an alternate universe at the end of the arc.

i just read up on him he supposedly stronger than Thor this guy's whole story screams put me in the Exiles