• 64 results
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Surprised this has never been done before, honestly.

Location: Ruins of Genosha. They start one full kilometer apart.
Gear: Standard.
No BFR.

Round 1: Morals on.
Round 2: Morals off. 

Who wins?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
I'll be back for this, but you need to define which version of Xorn is being used.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" I'll be back for this, but you need to define which version of Xorn is being used. "
There's more than one? Forgive my ignorance, but I've only read of him in the Morrison run. Was it a matter of "with or without the Sublime drug?"
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By PowerHerc

Magneto.
Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Scarbearer

Yeah Xorn can do some cool stuff, but I'm pretty sure that Magneto's power of 'Magnetism' has expounded to not only gravity control but also maniuplating strong and weak nuclear forces if he really wants to.  So in short I'm pretty certain that Mageneto can do anything Xorn could and then some.

That said it'd be a pretty bitchin' fight with lots of collateral damage.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nefarious

Magneto wins.

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lance Bastro

if you're talking about the xorn that pretended to be magneto and easily defeated phoenix, then the real magneto wins.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@JediXMan said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" I'll be back for this, but you need to define which version of Xorn is being used. "
There's more than one? Forgive my ignorance, but I've only read of him in the Morrison run. Was it a matter of "with or without the Sublime drug?" "
Chuck Austen came up with the concept that the original Xorn had a brother, Shen, but the first rule of CV is that we don't talk about Chuck Austen's run, so I'll leave it at that.

I was referring to Kick, yes. Xorn exhibited a new array of abilities and entirely different morals and personality while on Kick. 

It also depends on if you consider Xorn to be a separate character, or, support what Morrison originally intended while writing it, according to which there was never any Xorn.

edit: But I do agree that none of these is instrumental to the outcome since Magneto should be able to beat either version.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Morpheus_: 

Didn't know about that.

Should I make a third round in which Xorn has Kick / Sublime? 

My personal view was this: Xorn went insane due to taking the drug and thought himself to be Magneto. He was then killed by Cyclops. I dont know anything about his brother.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@JediXMan said:
" @Morpheus_:   Didn't know about that.  Should I make a third round in which Xorn has Kick / Sublime?   My personal view was this: Xorn went insane due to taking the drug and thought himself to be Magneto. He was then killed by Cyclops. I dont know anything about his brother. "
Even on Kick, Xorneto did not exhibit the scope and range of power Magneto usually does, nor did he use any of the abilities he showed earlier as Xorn (notably because Morrison wanted him to be a Magneto all along).

That's one of the official interpetations (there are several, but none actually makes much sense), aside from the getting killed by Cyclops part. It was Wolverine who decapitated him.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Morpheus_: 

Ah. Then what did Cyclops do to him? Blind him?

Does it make any difference if the Magneto used here is the one from recent comics? He did suffer a downgrade of sorts, after all.
Avatar image for thajuggernautkick
ThaJuggernautKick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lance Bastro said:
" if you're talking about the xorn that pretended to be magneto and easily defeated phoenix, then the real magneto wins. "
Cosigned
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@JediXMan said:
" @Morpheus_:   Ah. Then what did Cyclops do to him? Blind him?  Does it make any difference if the Magneto used here is the one from recent comics? He did suffer a downgrade of sorts, after all. "
He blasted his face, destroying his helmet.

Magnus has some fine feats even after being re-empowered by HE, and if memory serves right, it was mentioned that he should be as powerful as he was during his prime, if not better.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Mercy_

Ugh. Xorneto.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @Morpheus_:   Ah. Then what did Cyclops do to him? Blind him?  Does it make any difference if the Magneto used here is the one from recent comics? He did suffer a downgrade of sorts, after all. "

Magnus has some fine feats even after being re-empowered by HE, and if memory serves right, it was mentioned that he should be as powerful as he was during his prime, if not better.
"
Really? I feel like he's weaker lately.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@The Dark Huntress said:
" Ugh. Xorneto. "
I like Xorn.

@JediXMan said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @JediXMan said:

"
Really? I feel like he's weaker lately. "

Hey, he located a space bullet from light years away, diverted and controlled it all the way back to Earth, he was the one who manipulated (arrogant) Proteus' form for the win in Legacy, and beat an army of Nimrod's during Second Coming. The man is no slouch.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Morpheus_: 

No, he's not, but I just feel like he has weakened a bit. Plus, in Second Coming, didn't he destroy most of the Nimrods by pelting them with chunks from Nation X / Asteroid M? If I remember correctly, he only destroyed a couple using his own power. But you are right: he is still powerful.
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By blackadam
@Morpheus_ said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
" Ugh. Xorneto. "
I like Xorn.

@JediXMan said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @JediXMan said:

"

Hey, he located a space bullet from light years away, diverted and controlled it all the way back to Earth, he was the one who manipulated (arrogant) Proteus' form for the win in Legacy, and beat an army of Nimrod's during Second Coming. The man is no slouch. "

he also powered the city of quitado(the city of the children fo the vault)- he didn't use that much energy-, he was also fought a lot of children of the vault using the iron in their blood.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@JediXMan said:
" @Morpheus_:   No, he's not, but I just feel like he has weakened a bit. Plus, in Second Coming, didn't he destroy most of the Nimrods by pelting them with chunks from Nation X / Asteroid M? If I remember correctly, he only destroyed a couple using his own power. But you are right: he is still powerful. "
I'm trying to forget Second Comimg, don't make me double-check. :P

@blackadam said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" Ugh. Xorneto. "
I like Xorn.

@JediXMan said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @JediXMan said:

"

Hey, he located a space bullet from light years away, diverted and controlled it all the way back to Earth, he was the one who manipulated (arrogant) Proteus' form for the win in Legacy, and beat an army of Nimrod's during Second Coming. The man is no slouch. "
he also powered the city of quitado(the city of the children fo the vault)- he didn't use that much energy-, he was also fought a lot of children of the vault using the iron in their blood. "

True, but he did lose (along with the whole team) the first time around. Still solid feats, though. Carey likes Magneto a good deal.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mercy_
@Morpheus_ I LOVE him. I just dislike all the confusion that surrounds the retcon.
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By blackadam
@Morpheus_ said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @Morpheus_:   No, he's not, but I just feel like he has weakened a bit. Plus, in Second Coming, didn't he destroy most of the Nimrods by pelting them with chunks from Nation X / Asteroid M? If I remember correctly, he only destroyed a couple using his own power. But you are right: he is still powerful. "
I'm trying to forget Second Comimg, don't make me double-check. :P

@blackadam said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" Ugh. Xorneto. "
I like Xorn.

@JediXMan said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @JediXMan said:

"

he also powered the city of quitado(the city of the children fo the vault)- he didn't use that much energy-, he was also fought a lot of children of the vault using the iron in their blood. "

True, but he did lose (along with the whole team) the first time around. Still solid feats, though. Carey likes Magneto a good deal. "

yeah, he did lose the first time to "olvido" or soemthing like that. still is good to see magneto on a regular basis, he is cool character. 

you didn't like the second coming event?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @JediXMan said:
I'm trying to forget Second Comimg, don't make me double-check. :P "
I liked Second Coming.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
  @The Dark Huntress said:

" @Morpheus_ I LOVE him. I just dislike all the confusion that surrounds the retcon. "

I'm with you.

@blackadam said:

" yeah, he did lose the first time to "olvido" or soemthing like that. still is good to see magneto on a regular basis, he is cool character.   you didn't like the second coming event? "

Indeed. Magneto is basically the reason I caught up with Uncanny and Legacy, some time ago.

I liked the first few issues, up until Nightcrawler's death. Everything else felt contrived.

@JediXMan said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @JediXMan said:
I liked Second Coming. "
Prepare to taste the sweet kiss of Mjolnir.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Morpheus_: 

I like Bastion! Don't kill me, Morpheus!
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@JediXMan said:
" @Morpheus_:   I like Bastion! Don't kill me, Morpheus! "
LOL. I like Bastion, as well.
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By blackadam
@Morpheus_ said:
"   @The Dark Huntress said:

" @Morpheus_ I LOVE him. I just dislike all the confusion that surrounds the retcon. "

I'm with you.

@blackadam said:

" yeah, he did lose the first time to "olvido" or soemthing like that. still is good to see magneto on a regular basis, he is cool character.   you didn't like the second coming event? "

Indeed. Magneto is basically the reason I caught up with Uncanny and Legacy, some time ago.

I liked the first few issues, up until Nightcrawler's death. Everything else felt contrived.

@JediXMan said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @JediXMan said:
I liked Second Coming. "
Prepare to taste the sweet kiss of Mjolnir. "

i thought the best issues were that of carey. also a liked the new mutants issue were legion appeared. althought i hated the ending.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @Morpheus_:   I like Bastion! Don't kill me, Morpheus! "
LOL. I like Bastion, as well. "
My only real complaint is that Hope doesn't seem to have really grown much since then. They haven't explored her powers.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@blackadam: It was not a bad event by any means, just didn't feel as exciting and fresh as something three years in the making should have been. 

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Morpheus_: 

I'll agree with that.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mercy_
@Morpheus_: Which would you have preferred? Him being his own character or him being Mags? 

@Morpheus_ said: 
I liked Second Coming. "
<____<
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Morpheus_: Which would you have preferred? Him being his own character or him being Mags? 

@Morpheus_ said: 
I liked Second Coming. "
<____< "
Him being his own character, but not evil.

Don't "<_____<" me, Thor actually said that on panel. :p
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@The Dark Huntress: 

(I know it wasn't directed at me, but I'll reply anyway)

I like to think that Xorn went insane because of the Kick drug. That's mostly because I liked Xorn.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mercy_
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Morpheus_: Which would you have preferred? Him being his own character or him being Mags? 

@Morpheus_ said: 
I liked Second Coming. "
<____< "
Him being his own character, but not evil.

Don't "<_____<" me, Thor actually said that on panel. :p
"
Same here. But more than that I just wish that Marvel has stuck with one story.  

It was more because I actually really liked Second Coming.  

And Thor can get away with it. :P
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By blackadam
@Morpheus_ said:
" @blackadam: It was not a bad event by any means, just didn't feel as exciting and fresh as something three years in the making should have been. 

"

i just have problem with few issues that appeared to be slow.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Xorn taking Kick on his own volition is incompatible to his personality.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@The Dark Huntress said:
"Same here. But more than that I just wish that Marvel has stuck with one story.   It was more because I actually really liked Second Coming.   And Thor can get away with it. :P "
I try not to think how many versions of what happened we've seen, since Planet X; it gives me a headache. To make matters worse, Bendis' New Avengers: The Collective arc turned things into an absolute mess.

Is that a euphemism for "Thou art no Thor?"
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mercy_
@JediXMan: (You know I'm always open to all opinions ^_^) 

I loved Xorn (the whole run really, minus Quitely's art).
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mercy_
@Morpheus_ said:
"Same here. But more than that I just wish that Marvel has stuck with one story.   It was more because I actually really liked Second Coming.   And Thor can get away with it. :P "
I try not to think how many versions of what happened we've seen, since Planet X; it gives me a headache. To make matters worse, Bendis' New Avengers: The Collective arc turned things into an absolute mess.

"
YAY BENDIS! 

Whistles innocently. 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @JediXMan: (You know I'm always open to all opinions ^_^)  I loved Xorn (the whole run really, minus Quitely's art). "
I didn't like the art, but it could've been worse.

@Morpheus_ said:
" Xorn taking Kick on his own volition is incompatible to his personality. "
It is and it was never explained why he took it. But I prefer this story because I liked to think of Xorn as his own character and I liked him better as a good guy.

The reasoning for the Kick thing in my head was that he took it out of desperation. I don't know why, though.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

"
YAY BENDIS! 

Whistles innocently.  "
It's an OK New Avengers story, but adding Xorn to the mix ruined the character's core.

@JediXMan:Alas, we will never know.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Morpheus_: 

Who knows? Maybe they'll explain it one day.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@JediXMan said:
" @Morpheus_:   Who knows? Maybe they'll explain it one day. "
Each explanation has only made things worse so far, and all things Xorn seem to be taboo currently.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mercy_
@Morpheus_: Bendis ruining characters? Color me shocked. 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Morpheus_: 

Has something happened recently?

PS: I, personally, would love a crack at explaining what happened to Xorn. I think I could do it.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Morpheus_: Bendis ruining characters? Color me shocked.  "
Hey, it's not as if he hadn't been ruined already.

@JediXMan said:
" @Morpheus_:   Has something happened recently?  

PS: I, personally, would love a crack at explaining what happened to Xorn. I think I could do it. "

Not recently, no. The latest development was during the Collective, during which Xorn's consciousness took control of the remaining mutant energies from M-Day, took over Michael Pointer's body, faced Magneto in Genosha, confessed to deliberately assuming his form to unite mutants, and was subsequently thrown into the sun by a Sentry/Iron Man team-up. Which is nonsense, because even if we assume Xorn turned evil due to Kick/Sublime, their influence should have been purged, post mortem. This version implies Xorn was an insane extremist all along.

I've thought about it. I believe it could be done, it's just that no one seems to care enough to do it.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Mercy_
@Morpheus_: Heh. True enough. 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Morpheus_: 

O_o That's.... really crappy. 

I prefer my explanation.
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By blackadam
@Morpheus_ said:
" @JediXMan said:
Each explanation has only made things worse so far, and all things Xorn seem to be taboo currently. "

i can go with the idea of morrison. the only thing that didn't make sense to me, was how magneto( if we go by morrison initial idea)  was able to to trick emma with the false memories of xorn childhood.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@blackadam said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @JediXMan said:
Each explanation has only made things worse so far, and all things Xorn seem to be taboo currently. "
i can go with the idea of morrison. the only thing that didn't make sense to me, was how magneto( if we go by morrison initial idea)  was able to to trick emma with the false memories of xorn childhood. "
I have a hard time believing Morrison truly intended for Xorn to be Magneto all the way back to New X-Men Annual. He did provide many clues afterwards, but he is usually far more careful than that. He probably had a change of heart at some point, and the backstory given in the annual just didn't  make sense anymore, if we assume there never was a Xorn.
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By blackadam
@Morpheus_ said:
" @blackadam said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @JediXMan said:
i can go with the idea of morrison. the only thing that didn't make sense to me, was how magneto( if we go by morrison initial idea)  was able to to trick emma with the false memories of xorn childhood. "
I have a hard time believing Morrison truly intended for Xorn to be Magneto all the way back to New X-Men Annual. He did provide many clues afterwards, but he is usually far more careful than that. He probably had a change of heart at some point, and the backstory given in the annual just didn't  make sense anymore, if we assume there never was a Xorn. "

yeah, also that story about xorn going to chinatown and visiting an old friend from china...i mean if he was magneto all along. 

on topic: i always thought xorn( kuan yin) to be more pwoerfull than magneto. however, it seems to be that i was wrong.