• 64 results
#1 Posted by Lance Bastro (4744 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto equipped with Juggernaut's helmet Vs a full powered and angry Xavier.

#2 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

................. the hell is he gonna do with his helmet!?

#3 Posted by Erik (31685 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would he need Juggernaut's helmet when his own does the same thing?

#4 Posted by Lance Bastro (4744 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto's helmet can not protect himself from mental attacks. Don't confuse 616 Magneto to Magneto in the movies.

#5 Edited by Lance Bastro (4744 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"................. the hell is he gonna do with his helmet!?"
Wear it duh.
#6 Posted by Erik (31685 posts) - - Show Bio
Lance Bastro said:
"Magneto's helmet can not protect himself from mental attacks. Don't confuse 616 Magneto to Magneto in the movies."
Have you ever read one comic with Magneto in it?
#7 Posted by Lance Bastro (4744 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"Lance Bastro said:
"Magneto's helmet can not protect himself from mental attacks. Don't confuse 616 Magneto to Magneto in the movies."
Have you ever read one comic with Magneto in it?"
Maybe I should ask you the same?
#8 Posted by kaino12 (3151 posts) - - Show Bio

ummm...
1 magneto's helmet is better.
2 this is how onslaught was created and there not doing that agen.
3 and if the helmet is on mags wins cus x can only control other people at that point.

#9 Posted by Lance Bastro (4744 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Erik.

616 Magneto doesn't have a protected helmet. He protects himself from mental attacks by sheer will power and what little mental powers he has of his own. He DOES NOT HAVE A PROTECTIVE HELMET against mental attacks.

#10 Posted by Erik (31685 posts) - - Show Bio
Lance Bastro said:
"erik said:
"Lance Bastro said:
Have you ever read one comic with Magneto in it?"
Maybe I should ask you the same?"
You don't know anything about Magneto. Why do you think they had to knock the helmet off in order for Xavier to wipe his head clean in Fatal Attractions? It wasn't because they wanted him to look cooler before they did it.
#11 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
Lance Bastro said:
"@ Erik.

616 Magneto doesn't have a protected helmet. He protects himself from mental attacks by sheer will power and what little mental powers he has of his own. He DOES NOT HAVE A PROTECTIVE HELMET against mental attacks."

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Max_Eisenhardt_(Earth-616)#Paraphernalia

616 Magneto

Paraphernalia

Equipment: Magneto's helmet is built to shield his mind from psychic probes and manipulation.

Now stfu pls, thx.
#12 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Lance Bastro said:
"616 Magneto doesn't have a protected helmet. He protects himself from mental attacks by sheer will power and what little mental powers he has of his own. He DOES NOT HAVE A PROTECTIVE HELMET against mental attacks."
You don't read X-Men comics. You fail.
#13 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

is xavier in his wheelchair?

[=
#14 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"is xavier in his wheelchair?

[=
"
... does that even matter?
#15 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup

#16 Posted by Lance Bastro (4744 posts) - - Show Bio
kaino12 said:
"ummm...
3 and if the helmet is on mags wins cus x can only control other people at that point."
No, Onsluaght was created by Xavier once he absorbed Magneto 1st. Onsluaght tried to absorb Juggernaut too, but it didn't work so instead, Onsluaght caught Juggernat without his helmet on and use illiusions to think that Onsluaght ripped the Crimson Gem of Cytoraks off of Juggernaut's body. But in reality, Onslught never ripped the Gem out. It was all an illiussion.
#17 Posted by Lance Bastro (4744 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"Lance Bastro said:
"@ Erik.

616 Magneto doesn't have a protected helmet. He protects himself from mental attacks by sheer will power and what little mental powers he has of his own. He DOES NOT HAVE A PROTECTIVE HELMET against mental attacks."

616 Magneto

Paraphernalia

Equipment: Magneto's helmet is built to shield his mind from psychic probes and manipulation.

Now stfu pls, thx."
U stfu. thank you.

Read closer before posting up links fool.

Telepathic Resistance: Magneto has trained himself extensively for fighting telepaths, and is resistant to telepathic attack. This training is similar to that given to the X-Men and New Mutants by Professor X, although the effects are further augmented with the aid of his helmet (see below). Additionally, Magneto is possessed of a strong will, which also aids him in resisting telepathic assaults.

Yes, he built his helmet to "help" from mental attacks later on in the 616 universe, but is it better than Juggernaut's? The sweet simple answer is NO.

#18 Posted by LegendaryKYJ (1334 posts) - - Show Bio
Lance Bastro said:
"kaino12 said:
"ummm...
3 and if the helmet is on mags wins cus x can only control other people at that point."
No, Onsluaght was created by Xavier once he absorbed Magneto 1st. Onsluaght tried to absorb Juggernaut too, but it didn't work so instead, Onsluaght caught Juggernat without his helmet on and use illiusions to think that Onsluaght ripped the Crimson Gem of Cytoraks off of Juggernaut's body. But in reality, Onslught never ripped the Gem out. It was all an illiussion."
Yeah, you don't know what you're talking about. I don't know if you're doing this on purpose or not.
#19 Posted by Lance Bastro (4744 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Lance Bastro said:
"616 Magneto doesn't have a protected helmet. He protects himself from mental attacks by sheer will power and what little mental powers he has of his own. He DOES NOT HAVE A PROTECTIVE HELMET against mental attacks."
You don't read X-Men comics. You fail."
Lol. Proof please.
#20 Posted by inferiorego (21242 posts) - - Show Bio
Lance Bastro said:
"Voidheart said:
"Lance Bastro said:
"@ Erik.

616 Magneto

Paraphernalia

Now stfu pls, thx."
U stfu. thank you.

Read closer before posting up links fool.

Telepathic Resistance: Magneto has trained himself extensively for fighting telepaths, and is resistant to telepathic attack. This training is similar to that given to the X-Men and New Mutants by Professor X, although the effects are further augmented with the aid of his helmet (see below). Additionally, Magneto is possessed of a strong will, which also aids him in resisting telepathic assaults.

Yes, he built his helmet to "help" from mental attacks later on in the 616 universe, but is it better than Juggernaut's? The sweet simple answer is NO.

"

Enough with the internet tough guy routine, you're a little confused on what his helmet does. You have a whole crew of people, who are more knowledgeable, telling you otherwise, and you won't give in. Lets stop this before it becomes locked for becoming too verbally violent.
Staff
#21 Edited by Lance Bastro (4744 posts) - - Show Bio

Telling me that I'm wrong is like telling Pania that he's wrong, but none of you would not argue with him. that's just not fair, don't you think.

#22 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Um, if Xavier cannot use telepathy against Magneto, then Magneto is fighting just some guy in a wheelchair. You need to think this through.

#23 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Magneto for the win
#24 Posted by Lance Bastro (4744 posts) - - Show Bio

I give up. Let someone else do the arguing from here.

#25 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is stupid, lock it up.

#26 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
Lance Bastro said:
"

"
well at least now where getting somewhere... The thing that makes Juggernaut so invulnerable to telepathy is not only his helmet, but the powers of Cyrottak that keep it attached
#27 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Lance Bastro said:
"Telling me that I'm wrong is like telling Pania that he's wrong, but none of you would not argue with him. that's just not fair, don't you think."
Pania is a woman. And even she knows what Magneto's helmet does.
#28 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

Mags. Curbstomp.

#29 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
caption

As if Magneto didn't already have a helmet that blocked telepathy...
#30 Posted by Lance Bastro (4744 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"
caption

As if Magneto didn't already have a helmet that blocked telepathy..."
LOL EXACTLY!!!

#31 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Pania is a woman."

False.  There are no women on the internet.

Kidding.  Mostly.
#32 Posted by inferiorego (21242 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Static Shock said:
"Pania is a woman."

Only 45 year old, over weight men that live in their parent's basement? Because that's what I am......
Staff
#33 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Static Shock said:
"Pania is a woman."

Disagreed
#34 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Pania is a woman. And even she knows what Magneto's helmet does."
Actually, Pania is very strongly of the opinion that the helmet does not protect him against telepathic assault. Since she didn't turn up for the thread, thought I'd mention it. Also, Juggernaut's helmet isn't gonna work for Mags. So, this is really just a regular Xavier vs. Magneto battle, but Magneto is wearing a huge helmet that makes him look like a jackass.
#35 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Static Shock said:
"Pania is a woman. And even she knows what Magneto's helmet does."
Actually, Pania is very strongly of the opinion that the helmet does not protect him against telepathic assault. Since she didn't turn up for the thread, thought I'd mention it. Also, Juggernaut's helmet isn't gonna work for Mags. So, this is really just a regular Xavier vs. Magneto battle, but Magneto is wearing a huge helmet that makes him look like a jackass."
*claps*
#36 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

first of all  juggernauts helmet is too big so mag cant wear it  over the years magneto build up mental powers by himself without the helmet and once mag dismantleds weelchair xavier will absourb magneto

when x is pissed off he gives no mercy!

#37 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Zoom said:
"Static Shock said:
"Pania is a woman."

Disagreed"
It was a joke, Drifter. :)
#38 Posted by never give up (9496 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"
caption

As if Magneto didn't already have a helmet that blocked telepathy..."
wtf...
#39 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Actually, Pania is very strongly of the opinion that the helmet does not protect him against telepathic assault. Since she didn't turn up for the thread, thought I'd mention it. Also, Juggernaut's helmet isn't gonna work for Mags. So, this is really just a regular Xavier vs. Magneto battle, but Magneto is wearing a huge helmet that makes him look like a jackass."
Yeah, I was about to come and correct myself. I saw evidence on other sites that proved Magneto has telepathic resistance on his own, not because of the helmet.
#40 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

It becomes confusing, because certain authors (Morrison, for instance) do claim the helmet functions as a telepathy blocker, while others, clearly, do not.

#41 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Easily explained.  He got a new helmet. ;-)

#42 Edited by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

FYI's.

1. Yes I am a chick *I know, shocking.*
2. One should always be wary of fan-based information.
2. Magneto has blocked telepathy many, many times before without his helmet. In fact when Charles first met Magnus back in Israel (Uncanny #161) he could not read Magnus's mind. That was before Magnus became Magneto, no costume, no helmet. The most glaring example of Magneto's natural protection from telepathic intrusion was seen in Fatal Attractions, X-Men #25, in which it took both Xavier and Jean Grey to crack into Magneto's skull and he was not wearing his helmet.

One of the fan-theories is that because brainwaves are electrochemical in nature, Magneto has a natural sheilding from telepathy due to his control over electromagnetism.

#43 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, I meant X-Men (Vol. 2)  #25. I can't get an "edit" button on the old system here at school.

#44 Posted by kaino12 (3151 posts) - - Show Bio

kaino12 said:

"ummm...
No, Onsluaght was created by Xavier once he absorbed Magneto 1st. Onsluaght tried to absorb Juggernaut too, but it didn't work so instead, Onsluaght caught Juggernat without his helmet on and use illiusions to think that Onsluaght ripped the Crimson Gem of Cytoraks off of Juggernaut's body. But in reality, Onslught never ripped the Gem out. It was all an illiussion.

nope onslaught was created when in a moment of weakness prof x attacked magneto and there potential for evil merged to create onslaught. and there not doing that agen. they learnd there lesson the last time.
#45 Posted by inferiorego (21242 posts) - - Show Bio
Pania said:
"

FYI's.

1. Yes I am a woman. *I know, shocking.*
2. Magneto has blocked telepathy many, many times before without his helmet. In fact when Charles first met Magnus back in Israel (Uncanny #161) he could not read Magnus's mind. That was before Magnus became magneto, not costume, no helmet. The most glaring example of Magneto natural protection from telepathic intrision was seen in Fatal Attractions, X-Men #24, in which it took both Xaier and Jean Grey to crack into Magneto skull and he was not wearing his helmet.

One of the fan-theories is that because brainwaves are electrochemical in nature, Magneto has a natural sheilding from telepathy due to his control over electromagnetism.

"
Thanks for posting evidence to strengthen your argument, rather than saying something like, "i know there's proof".
Staff
#46 Posted by John Valentine (16303 posts) - - Show Bio
Lance Bastro said:
"Telling me that I'm wrong is like telling Pania that he's wrong, but none of you would not argue with him. that's just not fair, don't you think."
Pania is a she you dumb f^&k.
#47 Posted by kaino12 (3151 posts) - - Show Bio

well theres no need for that. but mabe he should read what she says and also i know that she without the "s" is he and it could be a typo.

#48 Posted by John Valentine (16303 posts) - - Show Bio
kaino12 said:
"well theres no need for that. but mabe he should read what she says and also i know that she without the "s" is he and it could be a typo."

Thanks, I love it when people on the internt advise me on what to do.
#49 Posted by kaino12 (3151 posts) - - Show Bio

good point. relegated.

#50 Posted by Erik (31685 posts) - - Show Bio
Pania said:
"

FYI's.

1. Yes I am a woman. *I know, shocking.*
2. Magneto has blocked telepathy many, many times before without his helmet. In fact when Charles first met Magnus back in Israel (Uncanny #161) he could not read Magnus's mind. That was before Magnus became magneto, not costume, no helmet. The most glaring example of Magneto natural protection from telepathic intrision was seen in Fatal Attractions, X-Men #24, in which it took both Xaier and Jean Grey to crack into Magneto skull and he was not wearing his helmet.

"
Thanks for adding that.