Magneto vs Wonder Woman

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 the_red_viper  Moderator

Diana does NOT need her bracelents nor her tiara to beat Magneto. Her fist alone can liquify this old geezer. She's pretty much on par with goddamn Superman in terms of strength and speed. She can break Green Lantern's constructs, so breaking through Magneto's shields would be like cutting toilet paper for her. Plus, last time I checked, her lasso wasn't made of metal. Which gives her a huge advantage. Magneto would be dead in a few seconds.

Broman_1412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Yes I did draw those. I was wondering when someone would notice

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@convenientlie:

no it means he can throw metal objects at her fast enough to hit her several hundred times and only a few good ones is all it would take.

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By capall2

Diana...

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@convenientlie:

no it means he can throw metal objects at her fast enough to hit her several hundred times and only a few good ones is all it would take.

so does that mean that you think he can think to get an object, then find the object, then manipulate it and then send it at Wonderwoman in the time that it takes for her to blitz him???? Please provide scans showing Magneto doing that while someone of Wonder womans speed coming at him. Thanks.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Bracelets.....they are made of metal, are they not?

Magneto is not limited to magical metals and elements, he may have the victory here.

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto is not limited to magical metals and elements, he may have the victory here.

So Magneto can notice the bracelets, manipulate them and think of a way to hurt WW with them all before WW goes at him ?? Please show scans of him doing that to someone as fast as wonder woman who has gone 134 times faster than light. Thanks.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Sufferthorn

@sufferthorn said:

So Magneto can notice the bracelets, manipulate them and think of a way to hurt WW with them all before WW goes at him ?? Please show scans of him doing that to someone as fast as wonder woman who has gone 134 times faster than light. Thanks.

Morals are on.

Could you show me proof that Diana consistently speed blitzes random opponents of unknown power when she meets them?

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@convenientlie:

he blinds her first then then rips her to shreds with thousands of sharp metal shards all this happens after she hits his shields and he realizes how strong she is he blinds her then kills her.

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@convenientlie said:

@sufferthorn said:

Morals are on.

Could you show me proof that Diana consistently speed blitzes random opponents of unknown power when she meets them?

She doesnt need to blitz. She can casually go HALF as fast and still be at about 65 times faster than light. Can you show scans of magneto reacting to that? Thanks

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@convenientlie:

he blinds her first then then rips her to shreds with thousands of sharp metal shards all this happens after she hits his shields and he realizes how strong she is he blinds her then kills her.

I do think Wonder Woman might win. Magneto isn't THAT ruthless either. I feel like he would get an upperhand on her.

It really depends, is he trying to kill her or not? Or is he just going for the victory. Diana is an honorable individual. She'll hold back and savor the honor of her opponent unless he proves himself to be stronger than he is, she's no murderer. Magneto is.

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but I can show scans of black canary tagging her, I also can show the same scans of Polaris using his em power and her not being able to stop it, no matter how fast u think she is

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan said:

@convenientlie:

I do think Wonder Woman might win. Magneto isn't THAT ruthless either. I feel like he would get an upperhand on her.

It really depends, is he trying to kill her or not? Or is he just going for the victory. Diana is an honorable individual. She'll hold back and savor the honor of her opponent unless he proves himself to be stronger than he is, she's no murderer. Magneto is.

None of that is happening guys cmon now. She can go HALF speed and still be at 70 times faster than light.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sufferthorn said:

@comic_book_fan said:

@convenientlie:

None of that is happening guys cmon now. She can go HALF speed and still be at 70 times faster than light.

She's faster yes....but once again.

Morals. What would she do in that situation? She meets Magneto and she tells him to stand down, she's GONNA go easy on him at first.

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sufferthorn: @convenientlie: @convenientlie: wait are u saying that Diana casually walks and flys around 65 times the speed of light, huh. I'd like to see scans of Diana going light speed at least cuz I don't think she this fast.

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but I can show scans of black canary tagging her, I also can show the same scans of Polaris using his em power and her not being able to stop it, no matter how fast u think she is

so what youre saying is that you can show wonder woman and her slowest and i can show her at her fastest. so lets meet in the middle. ive seen her go 134 times faster than light. and youve seen her get hit by regular people. so lets go half way whats halfway between human speed and 134 times faster than light? whatever it is, magneto can NOT react to that.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By comic_book_fan

@convenientlie:

but she is in character and in character she has been beaten by weaker then magneto so this is really more of who do you like more magneto has more ways to win but either of them could win this it's just who do you like more could wonder woman blitz possibly would she rarely.

could magneto rip her apart on the subatomic level or blind her and kill her yes.

would he rarely so it's really who do you like more I go with magneto because I think he has more ways to win.

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sufferthorn: @convenientlie: @convenientlie: wait are u saying that Diana casually walks and flys around 65 times the speed of light, huh. I'd like to see scans of Diana going light speed at least cuz I don't think she this fast.

shes as fast as i say she is. google it if you want cause i dont save scans on my computer. if you run at half YOUR speed. would you say its casually running? so yes if shes gone 134 times faster than light, her going half speed is 65 times faster than light.

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Moonman78

I would like too see the scan of ww going 134 the speed of light, and not silver age ww either, regular pre 52 ww, cause I don't think she is ftl

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ConvenientLie

I would like too see the scan of ww going 134 the speed of light, and not silver age ww either, regular pre 52 ww, cause I don't think she is ftl

didnt i already say twice to google it?

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

WW.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonman78 said:

didnt i already say twice to google it?

My trust in google is slightly detered by your ability to get angry that I am trollishly not accepting your factual anyalysisms of truthfulcleanliness.

Yes, I know WW wins.

gav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@convenientlie:

but she is in character and in character she has been beaten by weaker then magneto so this is really more of who do you like more magneto has more ways to win but either of them could win this it's just who do you like more could wonder woman blitz possibly would she rarely.

could magneto rip her apart on the subatomic level or blind her and kill her yes.

would he rarely so it's really who do you like more I go with magneto because I think he has more ways to win.

Agreed.

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Moonman78

@convenientlie:

Dude if I put that in the search bar there's no telling what I'd come up with.

Faster than light or light speed is nothing to cough at. There are not that many characters in both companies Marvel and DC that are this fast u have got about two hand full or guys on both sides that are this fast no more.

From what I've seen

DC

1.superman- he can go many times the speed of light but hardly ever goes light speed on earth since the sa.

2. The flashes- nuff said

3.orion on his glider

4.probally Ba and shazzam

5.takion

6. Firestorm

7. Probably Alan Scott

8. A few of supermans foes like bizzaro, Zod, SBP

9. Takion

That's it, you have a few others that I missed but on average this is the group below sfl

Marvel

1. Galactus heralds

2.sentry

3. Gladiator

4.pulsar

5. Quasar

6.genis vell

7. No varr

8.possibly Adam warlock

9.nova

I might have missed some there but basically that's it.

The SOL is nothing to cough at and I don't think ww is that fast

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@convenientlie:

Dude if I put that in the search bar there's no telling what I'd come up with.

Faster than light or light speed is nothing to cough at. There are not that many characters in both companies Marvel and DC that are this fast u have got about two hand full or guys on both sides that are this fast no more.

From what I've seen

DC

1.superman- he can go many times the speed of light but hardly ever goes light speed on earth since the sa.

2. The flashes- buff said

3.orion on his glider

4.probally Ba and shazzam

5.takion

6. Firestorm

7. Probably Alan Scott

8. A few of supermans foes like bizzaro, Zod, SBP

9. Takion

That's it, you have a few others that I missed but on average this is the group below sfl

Marvel

1. Galactus heralds

2.sentry

3. Gladiator

4.pulsar

5. Quasar

6.genis vell

7. No varr

8.possibly Adam warlock

9.nova

I might have missed some there but basically that's it.

The SOL is nothing to cough at and I don't think ww is that fast

you could try to look up a wonder woman respect thread. other than idk, i cant help you. youll find it. no worries

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt I will, I always thought ww was mach 50 at best

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt I will, I always thought ww was mach 50 at best

if you look for it you will. its not some type of secret or anything.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@convenientlie:

When did she do this?

ancient of days was called in to explain. im watching this insane NBA draft. no time. be back on later.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@convenientlie:

Do you actually read the comics and have scans and feats or internet? I've never seen this in my life, but I'm not doubting you

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@convenientlie:

Do you actually read the comics and have scans and feats or internet? I've never seen this in my life, but I'm not doubting you

its been in every wonder woman battle. how have you not seen it? new to the vine? anyway this is an insane draft for anyone whos in the NBA you HAVE to check it out. ok so IIRC the time im takling about superman was mind controlled by i forget who and supes was trying to kill ww. in that fight they flew to the sun and back in under 2 minutes. ok ill be back on the next commercial

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32 said:

@convenientlie:

its been in every wonder woman battle. how have you not seen it? new to the vine? anyway this is an insane draft for anyone whos in the NBA you HAVE to check it out. ok so IIRC the time im takling about superman was mind controlled by i forget who and supes was trying to kill ww. in that fight they flew to the sun and back in under 2 minutes. ok ill be back on the next commercial

@convenientlie:

Obviously not new. And I haven't seen it....

It's from Sacrifice, they didn't really fly together, Superman just kind of dragged her with him

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Moonman78

@convenientlie:

Before final crisis when maxwell lord mind controlled superman, he was beating her up, and he flew her almost into the sun, she was not doing anything but getting choked and going along for the ride

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@wardemon32 said:

@convenientlie:

Obviously not new. And I haven't seen it....

Well, you have now...

Wonder Woman pursuing Jessie Quick into a portal generated by the scroll of Hermes (Jessie is pursuing another speedster with the scroll into the portal. Jessie is topped at faster than half the speed of light and although her powers were amped when she finally obtained the scroll and was even faster due to the properties of the scroll's powers, Wonder Woman was able to catch up with her. This suggests Wonder Woman can travel at least sub light speeds).

Another example of BOTH light speed reaction and travel speed is when Wonder Woman was pitted against the Shattered God who possessed her friend and was going to collect it's shattered remains from the corners of the universe right there, destroying his human vessel in the process. As they were about to begin their collective assault, Wonder Woman uses super speed to get in the way and block every single shattered piece (they traveled from the corners of the universe to get there, trillions of pieces moving at speeds beyond light). After blocking them for a few panels she was quick enough to grab her human friend (still posessed) and outrace the shards for a bit (she has to be traveling at speeds faster than light to outrace trillions of shattered pieces that can be at one side of the universe and right in her face the next moment).

These are the best examples of her fastest travel speed as well as reaction speed, she's been able to keep up with Flash on the ground although he wasn't moving faster than light and was able to catch Zoom a few times. So, there you go, now you know.

MadnessFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By dondave

@ancient_0f_days: Wasn't it because of the Scroll of Hermes that they were able to do that? and IIRC they didn't actually enter the speed force

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those scans suggest she is fast but they don't say exactly how fast. Anybody going into or using the speed force is ftl speed so she piggy backed on Jesse in the first set. The second set of scans leaves me scratching my head at best, but neither say exactly how fast she was going. I never said ww wasn't fast but I just doubt that she can go light speed. There are panels where superman has flown into space and it said he's flying such and such ftl, just like nova and sentry, also the feats like superman flying to Saturn in like 8 seconds imply his speed. Ww has no unassisted feats like this. Quicksilver and Northstar have great feats of speed on par with Jesse quick but it's probably cuz she's not going close to max speed. Again I say there aren't a lot of characters in comics period who can go light speed, and I doubt ww is one of them. Many people have hit zoom that aren't ftl so that's a moot point

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Magneto wins.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@ancient_0f_days: Wasn't it because of the Scroll of Hermes that they were able to do that? and IIRC they didn't actually enter the speed force

Already edited it.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By dondave

@ancient_0f_days: The final scan in my opinion suggests that they hadn't actually entered the speed force, when wonder woman tells Jesse that she can't break through the barrier at her current speed . Could you clarify on that?

micahparadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By micahparadise

Great thread!!

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@dondave said:

@ancient_0f_days: The final scan in my opinion suggests that they hadn't actually entered the speed force, when wonder woman tells Jesse that she can't break through the barrier at her current speed . Could you clarify on that?

Diana was actually talking to Christina. After Jessie took the scroll, Christina's speed decreased and she wasn't able to outrun Jessie (who was going to kill her) at those speeds. Wonder Woman was holding back a now much faster Jessie Quick from killing this scroll thief. Not only that, but within the portal there is a flow of speed and she'd be stuck in there if she couldn't maintain her speed (the speed needed to break the barrier barring her escape) which she was losing when she lost the scroll. So she needed to stop running so that they could re-open the portal and escape together.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

it was on the other side of the galaxy meaning it was 100,000 light years away and he brought it back in a week do the math that means he was pulling it at a much higher speed then wonder woman can move meaning it would take wonderwoman several hundred years to close that difference and magneto made it that bullet close that distance in like a week so yes he could easily hit wonderwoman .

By sitting still and doing nothing but meditate for days. Not a tactic that's going to be of any help in a fight.

Seriously, give an argument some thought before typing it out.

@convenientlie:

but she is in character and in character she has been beaten by weaker then magneto so this is really more of who do you like more

Whereas it's not like Magneto in character has regularly been decked by people nowhere near Wonder Woman's level or anything......

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

On the second thought maybe Diana,Magneto is more likely to get the first strike(since it has already been proven that he could manipulate the bracelets and I'm not a believer of the "speed blitz" theory) but I dont think he has enough power to knock her unconscious or kill her.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

And honestly, current versions makes this spite in Diana's favor. Current Magneto can't even control his powers.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've already said she beats the current version, but loses to classic

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

So current versions? Aka Marvel Now Magneto, a character who is unable to control his powers any longer versus Wonder Woman, who is now the daughter of Zeus and Hippolyta and has shown being able to lift an aircraft carrier with Superman, effortlessly shatter Hal Jordan's constructs, send Superman flying with a kick, run and fly at incredible speeds, summon swords from her bracelets, has been given training from the Amazons and Ares (see her recent fight with Artemis in Wonder Woman 20 as an example of her strategic fighting) not to mention her 'god mode' power up that decimated Artemis? I think this is a suitable win for Wonder Woman.

Pre Flashpoint version would also win quite comfortably even against a more in control Magneto too.