#1 Edited by Broman_1412 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto:

Abilities: The primary application of his power is control over magnetism and the manipulation of ferrous and nonferrous metal. While the maximum amount of mass he can manipulate at one time is unknown, he has moved large asteroids several times and effortlessly levitated a 30,000 ton nuclear submarine. His powers extend into the subatomic level (insofar as the electromagnetic force is responsible for chemical bonding), allowing him to manipulate chemical structures and rearrange matter, although this is often a strenuous task. He can manipulate a large number of individual objects simultaneously and has assembled complex machinery with his powers. He can also affect non-metallic and non-magnetic objects to a lesser extent and frequently levitates himself and others. He can also generate electromagnetic pulses of great strength and generate and manipulate electromagnetic energy down to photons. He can turn invisible by warping visible light around his body. Another way in which Magneto frequently uses his power is the projection of force-fields which selectively block out matter and energy. These fields are strong enough to withstand the detonation of multiple thermonuclear weapons, hence Magneto is invulnerable to most harm when surrounded by his shield and can survive in deep space thanks to it. He can also channel his powers through his own body to increase his strength and durability far beyond human limits and has a baseline reaction time 15 times shorter than that of regular humans. On occasion he has altered the behavior of gravitational fields around him, which has been suggested as evidence of the existence of a unified field which he can manipulate. He has demonstrated the capacity to produce a wormhole and to safely teleport himself and others via the wormhole.

VS

Wonder Woman

Abilities:

n the Post-Crisis universe, Wonder Woman receives her powers as a blessing from the Olympian dieties.

Demeter, the goddess of agriculture and fertility, blessed Diana with strength drawn from the Earth spirit Gaea, making her one of the physically strongest heroes in the DC Universe and the strongest female heroine of all in the DC Universe. Her connection to the earth allows her to heal at an accelerated rate so long as she is in contact with the planet. In rare cases where she has been gravely injured, Diana showed the ability to physically merge with the earth, causing whatever injuries or poisons to be expelled from her body; such an act is considered sacred, and can only be used in extreme cases. Pallas Athena, the goddess of wisdom and war, granted Diana great wisdom, intelligence, and military prowess. Athena's gift has enabled Diana to master over a dozen languages (including those of alien origin), multiple complex crafts, sciences and philosophies, as well as leadership, military strategy, and armed and unarmed combat. More recently, Athena bound her own eyesight to Diana's, granting her increased empathy. Artemis, goddess of the hunt, animals, and the Moon, graced Diana with the Eyes of the Hunter and unity with beasts. The Eyes of the Hunter ability gives Diana a full range of enhanced senses, including telescopic vision and super hearing. Hestia, goddess of hearth and home, granted Diana sisterhood with fire. This power has been shown to control the "Fires of Truth," which Diana wields through her lasso, making anyone bound by it unable to lie. This ability also grants her resistance to both normal and supernatural fire. Hermes, the messenger god of speed, granted Diana superhuman speed and the ability to fly. She is capable of flying at speeds approaching half the speed of light. She can react quick enough to deflect bullets, lasers, and other projectiles with her virtually impenetrable bracelets. After the 2011 relaunch of the character, Wonder Woman does not naturally possess the power of flight. She gains it once she is hit by a feather thrown by Hermes.Aphrodite, goddess of love, bestowed Diana with stunning beauty, as well as a kind heart.

While not invulnerable, she is highly resistant to great amounts of concussive force and extreme temperatures. Edged weapons or projectiles applied with sufficient force, though, are able to pierce her skin. Due to her divine origins, Diana can resist many forms of magical manipulation.

She is able to astrally projectherself into various lands of myth. Her physical body reacts to whatever happens to her on the mythical astral plane, leaving her body cut, bruised, or sometimes strengthened once her mind and body are reunited. She can apparently leave the planet through meditation, and did this once to rescue Artemis while she was in hell.

After the 2011 relaunch, Diana has gained new powers. As the natural born daughter of Hippolyta and Zeus, she has inherited some of her father's powers, which is suppressed by wearing her bracelets. She uses these powers in battle against Artemis (the Goddess; not the Amazon) and quickly renders her unconscious with a series of carefully positioned counterattacks. While using her godly strength, her costume and accoutrements lit up and her eyes glowed like her father's.

Win by Death or KO

Standard Weapons allowed

Please mention art that I did draw

DEBATE!!!!!!

#2 Posted by comic_book_fan (5176 posts) - - Show Bio

magneto wins.

#3 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto can control her bracelets and her weapons that are made of metal, but Diana doesn't need her bracelets and weapons to fight Magneto. Also, she's super fast, strong and durable, so I'll give her this one.

#4 Posted by comic_book_fan (5176 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper:

magneto could rip her atoms apart.

or disrupt the signal going to her brain or stop the signal going from her brain to the rest of her body and then she couldn't even move.

#5 Posted by God_Spawn (37125 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: Magneto couldn't even rip Paulie Provenzano apart, why would he do it to Wonder Woman?

And show me Magneto casually resorting to shutting people's brains down, because that seems to be something he doesn't do on a regular basis?

#6 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: @god_spawn: i think everyones forgetting how fast Wonder Woman is. I know mags can react 14 times faster than the average human but i dont know that thats enough to react to wonder womans speed

#7 Edited by comic_book_fan (5176 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

he doesn't do it casually but he did both of the ways i said he would win here it to apocalypse he only does it when he has to but it is an option.

#8 Edited by Graphicpoop15 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder woman because She has been known to be physically stronger than superman himself. She is faster and stronger and can fly just like magneto. Magneto is still human and one punch form wonder woman would disable him or kill him. Not to mention magneto doesnt know how to fight. Wonder woman out did black canary without any effort. She can take more hits and i dont see how throwing heavy objects would matter since she can probably withstand them or crush them herself. Also the thing about him ripping everyones atoms apart is bullshit because that would basically make him like doctor Manhattan and thats just not fair. I don't know what magneto your pulling out of your ass but i call bullshit. Plus i bet you he cant react to wonder woman being about the run half the speed of light

#9 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder woman because She has been known to be physically stronger than superman himself. She is faster and stronger and can fly just like magneto. Magneto is still human and one punch form wonder woman would disable him or kill him. Not to mention magneto doesnt know how to fight. Wonder woman out did black canary without any effort. She can take more hits and i dont see how throwing heavy objects would matter since she can probably withstand them or crush them herself. Also the thing about him ripping everyones atoms apart is bullshit because that would basically make him like doctor Manhattan and thats just not fair. I don't know what magneto your pulling out of your ass but i call bullshit.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up.

#10 Edited by Broman_1412 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@graphicpoop15: Doesn't know how to fight?

He also has some military training in hand-to-hand combat and has been shown to be effective with his fists, but he prefers to use his powers when in combat situations. These fields are strong enough to withstand the detonation of multiple thermonuclear weapons, hence Magneto is invulnerable to most harm when surrounded by his shield and can survive in deep space thanks to it. He can also channel his powers through his own body to increase his strength and durability far beyond human limits and has a baseline reaction time 15 times shorter than that of regular humans. He could also throw her into a waromhole

#11 Posted by gav (432 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder woman because She has been known to be physically stronger than superman himself. She is faster and stronger and can fly just like magneto. Magneto is still human and one punch form wonder woman would disable him or kill him. Not to mention magneto doesnt know how to fight. Wonder woman out did black canary without any effort. She can take more hits and i dont see how throwing heavy objects would matter since she can probably withstand them or crush them herself. Also the thing about him ripping everyones atoms apart is bullshit because that would basically make him like doctor Manhattan and thats just not fair. I don't know what magneto your pulling out of your ass but i call bullshit. Plus i bet you he cant react to wonder woman being about the run half the speed of light

I agree WW would win however I'd argue he's not getting one shotted. Magneto has tanked hits to his face from Colossus. Yes I know WW > Colossus, but the point is Magneto has demonstrated some respectable durability before.

#12 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@graphicpoop15: Doesn't know how to fight?

He also has some military training in hand-to-hand combat and has been shown to be effective with his fists, but he prefers to use his powers when in combat situations. These fields are strong enough to withstand the detonation of multiple thermonuclear weapons, hence Magneto is invulnerable to most harm when surrounded by his shield and can survive in deep space thanks to it. He can also channel his powers through his own body to increase his strength and durability far beyond human limits and has a baseline reaction time 15 times shorter than that of regular humans. He could also throw her into a waromhole

Wonder Woman was trained by Ares himself, the god of war. She's trained her whole life as an Amazon, I don't think an old man with some military h2h training is a better fighter than her. She's also on par with Superman in terms of durability, speed and strength (maybe even better), and can even break Green Lantern's constructs. I think she can handle Magneto's shields. She'd be on him with a fist in his jaw before he even blinks.

#13 Posted by AngryHulks (2994 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman is not physically stronger than Superman, Superman shurgged off her multiple punches, while he actually caused injury to her in several attacks. She often used sword or her other combat gear to help because she have stated that she can't truly stop Superman by her own power.

Magneto can amp his own durability and strength to the point he can overwhelm Hercules and Colossus, he's capable of reacting to Quicksilver and Northstar (a light speeder at max), and classic Magneto can manipulate Mjolnir with ease (so he may as well capable of manipulating Wonder Woman's metallic gear).

#14 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@graphicpoop15 said:

Wonder Woman is not physically stronger than Superman, Superman shurgged off her multiple punches, while he actually caused injury to her in several attacks. She often used sword or her other combat gear to help because she have stated that she can't truly stop Superman by her own power.

Magneto can amp his own durability and strength to the point he can overwhelm Hercules and Colossus, he's capable of reacting to Quicksilver and Northstar (a light speeder at max), and classic Magneto can manipulate Mjolnir with ease (so he may as well capable of manipulating Wonder Woman's metallic gear).

She doesn't need her gear to beat him, and she's a lot faster than Quiksilver and Northstar.

#15 Posted by dondave (33334 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman ftw

#16 Posted by Equonox (962 posts) - - Show Bio

WW stomps. Magneto's only hope is to last a few minutes via his shields, but WW has broken through Hal's shields/constructs with ease, which, if I recall, have severely better durability feats than Mag's shields.

#17 Posted by AngryHulks (2994 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks said:

@graphicpoop15 said:

She doesn't need her gear to beat him, and she's a lot faster than Quiksilver and Northstar.

North Star can move and react at light speed, and she always have gears with her and I don't think she's willing to take it off, Magneto can move her arms against her will because she always have her bracelets on.

Not saying Magneto can beat her though, just saying what can he do to her.

#18 Posted by Graphicpoop15 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks: Yea that is plot induced stupidity or a canon comic. I pretty sure that magneto has never been able to severe peoples spines or throw people into wormholes either or else he would dominate the world. Doing all these things, if he could, would also prove a straining task due to his age.

#19 Posted by God_Spawn (37125 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: He never ripped Apoc apart. That was AoA Magneto and therefore non-canon. In 616 he couldn't rip Omerta apart and you're completely pulling things he does out of character right at the start as if he will do them so he wins. No, neither of which you said is an option.

#20 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11331 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana wins, none of that Dr. Polaris BS if she's trying to end him

#21 Posted by zr0c00l (856 posts) - - Show Bio

Ww

#22 Edited by DraZah (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto Stomps Like He Would Stomp 100 Ton Classes Like It's Nothin, She Hulk, Thing, Colossus Etc.

People More Durable Then Diana, WW Is Agile, &Can Block Bullets, But She Can't Move Faster Then His Debris Field's Quantity Of Metal Shards. And That's His WEAKEST Attack!!!. Not To Mention She Cant Even Touch Him Let Alone Breach His Shields Or Get Within Range. I Like The Amazon, Sorry But She Ain't Beaitn Apocalypse I'll Tell You That. Without PIS

#23 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11331 posts) - - Show Bio

@drazah said:

Magneto Stomps Like He Would Stomp 100 Ton Classes Like It's Nothin, She Hulk, Thing, Colossus Etc.

People More Durable Then Diana, WW Is Agile, &Can Block Bullets, But She Can't Move Faster Then His Debris Field's Quantity Of Metal Shards. And That's His WEAKEST Attack!!!. Not To Mention She Cant Even Touch Him Let Alone Breach His Shields Or Get Within Range. I Like The Amazon, Sorry But She Ain't Beaitn Apocalypse I'll Tell You That. Without PIS

obvious troll is obvious

#24 Posted by DraZah (57 posts) - - Show Bio

^^^ If You Think That's Troll You Don't Know Marvel/DC Or My Prior Posts. Move Along

#25 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto is going to win this, ww doesn't have good ranged attacks she will eventually get crushed

#26 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11331 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto is going to win this, ww doesn't have good ranged attacks she will eventually get crushed

oh yeah, she can't throw her tiara which beheaded a god or shoot lightning out of her bracelets that killed an elder god or use her lasso which extends to unlimited lengths as a whip which beheaded a planet busting Imperiex Probe ... no good ranged attacks at all ....

#27 Posted by Dratini1331 (6913 posts) - - Show Bio

@drazah: Isn't WW > 100 ton? Also, Are we really going to use colossus, a guy's whose power is being made of metal, vs magneto, a guy whose power is manipulating metal, as a feat in this case? Colossus seems like the worst possible person to go against magneto with, but I'm not really knowledgeable on that subject, so w/e.

#28 Posted by zr0c00l (856 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by RBT (3921 posts) - - Show Bio

@moonman78 said:

oh yeah, she can't throw her tiara which beheaded a god or shoot lightning out of her bracelets that killed an elder god or use her lasso which extends to unlimited lengths as a whip which beheaded a planet busting Imperiex Probe ... no good ranged attacks at all ....

Tiara, which is made of metal. Yeah, good luck. Don't forget Magneto has a shield all around him as well.

#30 Posted by theONEtaichou (1502 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG!

#31 Posted by Jgames (1570 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto shield is probaly durable for two or one hit, which would give him time to manipulate her bracelet and tiara.Which she proceed to cut her throat with the tiara. But is magneto fast enough to put up his shield, probaly not, so Diana most likely win

#32 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll say Wonder Woman here.

#33 Posted by God_Spawn (37125 posts) - - Show Bio

@drazah said:

You realize Psylocke alone has not only dodged, but jumped along a massive barrage of his projectiles to get in close and beat him, right? You realize, Quicksilver going mach 5 punched Magneto in the face, right? You realize Karnak of all people was able to punch him in the face, right? You realize that Cyclops had to scream and shout entering was needed for him to barely get a shield up and block his beam, right? And what does Apocalypse have to do with anything? Magneto didn't beat him either. People need to realize that was AoA versions and not canon. Why Diana can't charge in and beat him when her combat speed is far above his regardless and his shields aren't auto shields and why she eventually can't break them when she has the power to do so perfectly is beyond me.

#34 Posted by laflux (13681 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by New_World_Order (12302 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana decapitates Eric.

#36 Edited by comic_book_fan (5176 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: with what her metal hand band and magneto can manipulate photons meaning light he could blind her then pummel her with large metal objects since his control over sub atomic particles have been baned from use in this fight.

magneto pulled a giant metal bullet designed to destroy a planet that was phased by kitty and was in another solar system across space and back to earth at several times the speed of light if he can do that than he can send tiny shards of metal at several times the speed of light wonder woman is vulnerable to sharp weapons so I say millions of sharpened shards of metal hitting her at possibly hundreds of times the speed of light would be pretty devastating people want to cling to Diana beating supes and helping pushing planets when she is rarely depicted as that powerful but ignore magneto's high showings if he fights smart he can beat her a multitude of different ways.

#37 Posted by Gyhy (49 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Wonder Woman would win. She doesn't need her bracelets or tiara to defeat him. In fact she would be even more powerful if she took them off, and by taking them off Magneto wouldn't be able to control her movements. Also I'm not sure about this but would the fact that her equipment is magical in nature affect whether or not Magneto would be able to truly control them?

#38 Edited by frogdog (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Magneto would get ripped in half.

Pre-bendis Magneto would go down with a fight

#39 Posted by Saren (25211 posts) - - Show Bio

magneto pulled a giant metal bullet designed to destroy a planet that was phased by kitty and was in another solar system across space and back to earth at several times the speed of light if he can do that than he can send tiny shards of metal at several times the speed of light wonder woman is vulnerable to sharp weapons so I say millions of sharpened shards of metal hitting her at possibly hundreds of times the speed of light would be pretty devastating

Yes, and it only took him several days and non-stop concentration to pull off, and he nearly died as well. Honestly, will you people talk sense? Every single Magneto thread has this fanciful nonsense. He's not throwing anything at superluminal speeds.

#40 Edited by WillPayton (9032 posts) - - Show Bio

WW flashes her boobs. Magneto has a heart attack.

Victory: WW

#41 Posted by IIXIIOIIXII (41 posts) - - Show Bio

MARVEL IS MARVEL, DC is DC

#42 Posted by Immortal777 (6679 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman

#43 Edited by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

wonder woman can react to flash and is fought superman all the way to the sun and back in under 2 minutes which place them like 60 times faster than light. magneto has NO chance of reacting to any of wonder womans attacks

can we get this locked due to mismatch

@vance_astro

#44 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

Explain what was happening to WW in this picture?

That's against dr Polaris, how does she answer for that.

I do agree she beats current nowadays magneto, but classic mags she would lose to

#45 Posted by XImpossibruX (5152 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto's powers got all screwy after AvX, Wonder Woman takes this easily.

#46 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

Explain what was happening to WW in this picture?

That's against dr Polaris, how does she answer for that.

I do agree she beats current nowadays magneto, but classic mags she would lose to

this is to the death. says it in the OP. Nothing is stopping her from blitzing any version of magneto

#47 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@broman_1412:

before I respond to the actual question did you draw those?!

#48 Posted by comic_book_fan (5176 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan said:

magneto pulled a giant metal bullet designed to destroy a planet that was phased by kitty and was in another solar system across space and back to earth at several times the speed of light if he can do that than he can send tiny shards of metal at several times the speed of light wonder woman is vulnerable to sharp weapons so I say millions of sharpened shards of metal hitting her at possibly hundreds of times the speed of light would be pretty devastating

Yes, and it only took him several days and non-stop concentration to pull off, and he nearly died as well. Honestly, will you people talk sense? Every single Magneto thread has this fanciful nonsense. He's not throwing anything at superluminal speeds.

it was on the other side of the galaxy meaning it was 100,000 light years away and he brought it back in a week do the math that means he was pulling it at a much higher speed then wonder woman can move meaning it would take wonderwoman several hundred years to close that difference and magneto made it that bullet close that distance in like a week so yes he could easily hit wonderwoman .

#49 Posted by ConvenientLie (644 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

@comic_book_fan said:

it was on the other side of the galaxy meaning it was 100,000 light years away and he brought it back in a week do the math that means he was pulling it at a much higher speed then wonder woman can move meaning it would take wonderwoman several hundred years to close that difference and magneto made it that bullet close that distance in like a week so yes he could easily hit wonderwoman .

I dont follow. How does this make sense?? Magneto brought an asteroid that was really far away back in a week and that somehow means he has the reaction speed to dodge WW??? Thats like me saying I ate a sandwich therefore I like the color blue. one has nothing to do with the other

#50 Posted by CheeseSticks (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto win, WW can't harm Mags when his shield is up.