• 102 results
LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LubeMan

Apologies to everyone since i've had to redo this thread as it accidently ended up in the Gen Disc thread when it should have been in the battles thread!

Slip of the mouse lol

vs

Darth Sadow (aka Naga Sadow)

Darth Plagueis

Darth Sidious

Darth Nihilis

Darth Sion

Darth Vader

Darth Tyrannus

Darth Malak

Darth Talon

Darth Bane

This is a continuation from the Mags vs Jedi Council Thread! Magneto has basically wiped out the Jedi Council, and the Sith Council have gotten wind of this! But they hear that Magneto has gotten wind of the Sith Council and is comming for them next! The Sith have something the Jedi did not, which is knowledge of Magneto (not alot) but enough that he's comming (so no surprise attack) and some (from variouse sources) idea of what he's capable of! Vader has nothing metal in his suit! The only thing they have to worry about is their light sabres (which is like an arm or a leg to them) and their surroundings! So, finally the moment arrives, the doors burst open and Magneto floates throudh in his force field ready to take out the last remaining force stopping him from taking over the Star Wars Universe!

LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By LubeMan

P.S. All the Sith are in their Prime!

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Forever

What would they be able to do to get past his force field?

Mighty Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mighty Magneto

Hmmmmmmm

Good battle with so many of them they have a chance

Their Light sabers are useless here and Vaders dead with in seconds being mostly machine

LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LubeMan

Forever says:

"What would they be able to do to get past his force field?"

Not sure, but with their shere force of numbers, and if you have a look at their force/sith powers, there's some heavy duty sith in this rumble! I'm sure that more than a few will get sacrificed, but as stated in the thread, 1. this is after the battle with the Jedi Council, and Eric has only 24hrs break before he hit's the Sith, and 2. the Sith are fare more ruthless and use more of their (destructive) powers than their Jedi counterparts and they know he's comming, so unlike the Jedi Council, they don't get blindsided!

LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LubeMan

Mighty Magneto says:

"Hmmmmmmm Good battle with so many of them they have a chance Their Light sabers are useless here and Vaders dead with in seconds being mostly machine"

Again, as stated in the thread, Vader has no metal in his armour/outfit! Since the Sith are aware he's comming and what he did to the Jedi Council, let's say the Sith are not stupid enough to hold onto their lightsabres when Mags arrives! Don't forget, they have 24hrs prep just as much as Mags!

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Forever

LubeMan says:

"Not sure, but with their shere force of numbers, and if you have a look at their force/sith powers, there's some heavy duty sith in this rumble! I'm sure that more than a few will get sacrificed, but as stated in the thread, 1. this is after the battle with the Jedi Council, and Eric has only 24hrs break before he hit's the Sith, and 2. the Sith are fare more ruthless and use more of their (destructive) powers than their Jedi counterparts and they know he's comming, so unlike the Jedi Council, they don't get blindsided!"

I understand all of that but still what could they do to get past his force field? The light sabers would be useless, even if he didn't instantly tear them apart they can't get past his force field.

Force lightning shouldn't penetrate it either. He stops energy attacks all the time and even the most powerful of force lightning users have never shown any level of destruction beyond that which Magneto has casually blocked.

One on one their force abilities, which would equate to telekinesis, aren't overly impressive when compared to Magneto's control over metals and even if they all tried to work in unison in trying to bash him with objects both large and small, from multiple directions, he should be able to hold that off while killing them one by one.

The only chance I see for them is the fact that the force is supposed to be a part of everything and so it probably is a part of his force field and the inside of his force field so there is a chance that they would be able to force choke him through his force field. However, that is not necessarily the case, as we have seen at least Obi Won and Qui Gon having difficulty with robots sitting behind force fields. Surely they would have simply reached through the field with the force and torn the droids apart. So it's debateable if the force can be used in that fashion.

shadobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shadobi

I say magneto his power is to great an he doesnt really care in killing someone, an also i think really only person that bothers magneto might be bishop in xmen but magneto still would win.

shadobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By shadobi

Post Deleted.

LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LubeMan

Forever says:

"LubeMan says:
"Not sure, but with their shere force of numbers, and if you have a look at their force/sith powers, there's some heavy duty sith in this rumble! I'm sure that more than a few will get sacrificed, but as stated in the thread, 1. this is after the battle with the Jedi Council, and Eric has only 24hrs break before he hit's the Sith, and 2. the Sith are fare more ruthless and use more of their (destructive) powers than their Jedi counterparts and they know he's comming, so unlike the Jedi Council, they don't get blindsided!"
I understand all of that but still what could they do to get past his force field? The light sabers would be useless, even if he didn't instantly tear them apart they can't get past his force field. Force lightning shouldn't penetrate it either. He stops energy attacks all the time and even the most powerful of force lightning users have never shown any level of destruction beyond that which Magneto has casually blocked. One on one their force abilities, which would equate to telekinesis, aren't overly impressive when compared to Magneto's control over metals and even if they all tried to work in unison in trying to bash him with objects both large and small, from multiple directions, he should be able to hold that off while killing them one by one. The only chance I see for them is the fact that the force is supposed to be a part of everything and so it probably is a part of his force field and the inside of his force field so there is a chance that they would be able to force choke him through his force field. However, that is not necessarily the case, as we have seen at least Obi Won and Qui Gon having difficulty with robots sitting behind force fields. Surely they would have simply reached through the field with the force and torn the droids apart. So it's debateable if the force can be used in that fashion."

Hmm, seems like not much can get past Mag's force field! it would seem to make him invincible?

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By speedlgt

ok 1st how does Vader not have metal in him? that means he has no legs or arms!

ok First how do the X-men beat Mags? I have read x-men but I cant really remember a time when they beat him hands down. IF so how do they do it?

I say the sith are just about toast here I see no reason for mags to destroy the sabers he could use them aginst the sith and kill em like that.

Its just one those matches that the sith really cant win

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Nihilus could give Mags a good fight; Naga Sadow might be able to cause some trouble as well. The rest are dog food.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By King_Saturn

Well you got some big dogs of the Sith here Darth Nihilus and Naga Sadow could give Magneto some trouble. Maybe Darth Bane too. But overall, Magneto should win this fight

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Forever

LubeMan says:

"Hmm, seems like not much can get past Mag's force field! it would seem to make him invincible?"

I wouldnt say that. But the Sith Council doesn't appear to have the level of power necessary to penetrate it.

LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LubeMan

speedlgt says:

"ok 1st how does Vader not have metal in him? that means he has no legs or arms! ok First how do the X-men beat Mags? I have read x-men but I cant really remember a time when they beat him hands down. IF so how do they do it? I say the sith are just about toast here I see no reason for mags to destroy the sabers he could use them aginst the sith and kill em like that. Its just one those matches that the sith really cant win"

Because I stated it in the thread, that's why! Because as stated previously, there's a 24hour gap between Mags raiding the Jedi Council and hitting the Sith Council, and Vader has modified himself to make sure every part of him and his armour is plastic! That's the rules of the battle/thread! and as for some of the powers of these Sith, Palpatine did not reach the height of his powers till like 10 years after RotS. At that point Palpatine can generate starfleet wrecking Force Storms from hundreds of lightyears away, and can use wormholes to teleport anything anywhere, so long as he knows where the thing being ported is.

Nihilus can drain the life force from an entire planets worth of people, including Jedi who were on the planet (Palpatine canonically knows this technique).

So, this does not take away from Magneto and his power, but the Sith are no fools or weaklings, and I find it hard to believe Magneto winning easily if at all!

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Forever

LubeMan says:

"and as for some of the powers of these Sith, Palpatine did not reach the height of his powers till like 10 years after RotS. At that point Palpatine can generate starfleet wrecking Force Storms from hundreds of lightyears away, "

That range is impressive but does that do anything to increase his power levels up close? Or is it simply that he can do the same things from light years away that he could do up close? Magneto is more than powerful enough to wreck a starfleet himself, the exact method and manner in which Palpatine was able to pull this off would be interesting, but dont forget that Magneto can shut down an opponent's mind by manipulating the iron in their blood, he can use that to alter their thoughts or perceptions, he can blank their minds completely, or draw all of the iron out of their bodies completely, killing them. Whether the Sith have any defense for this is unknown.

"and can use wormholes to teleport anything anywhere, so long as he knows where the thing being ported is. "

He may or may not get a chance to do this and it may or may not work. Depending on a lot of factors including whether he can complete this manuever before having his brain shut down or the iron ripped from his body.

"Nihilus can drain the life force from an entire planets worth of people, including Jedi who were on the planet (Palpatine canonically knows this technique). So, this does not take away from Magneto and his power, but the Sith are no fools or weaklings, and I find it hard to believe Magneto winning easily if at all! "

I dont find them fools and weaklings but Magneto is exceptionally powerful and before they turned to these attacks that could work against him, there is a very good chance that he will have killed them all. He is the one in desperate straits because he is fighting a group. So he would start out more ruthless, while having the numbers on their side the Sith would be more inclined to take their time and play with their opponent.

LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LubeMan

Interestingly put! The only thing I didn't agree with is the Sith taking their time and playing with their opponent! I personally believe it would be quite the opossite, considering their aware that this man single handidly wiped out the Jedi Council, and don't forget, this is the Sith your talking about, not Jedi's! so they'd have just as much ruthlessness and willingness to kill as Mags! I just believe the sheer number of Sith (at least half, if not more, very powerfull Sith) would overwhelm Eric in the end, but that's just me!

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Forever

LubeMan says:

"Interestingly put! The only thing I didn't agree with is the Sith taking their time and playing with their opponent! I personally believe it would be quite the opossite, considering their aware that this man single handidly wiped out the Jedi Council, and don't forget, this is the Sith your talking about, not Jedi's! so they'd have just as much ruthlessness and willingness to kill as Mags! I just believe the sheer number of Sith (at least half, if not more, very powerfull Sith) would overwhelm Eric in the end, but that's just me!"

You could be right about them wanting to end things quickly but the Sith, to me, appear to be beyond arrogant. I would think that they would not be overly impressed with his taking out the Jedi Council, as they would feel that the Jedi are beneath them as well. I dont think that it would even enter their minds that he could possibly defeat them, certainly not with the number of Sith that you have here. If it were reversed and the Jedi Council saw that Magneto had defeated the Sith first, I would expect them to take him far more seriously than I do the Sith in this situation. Arrogance appears to be one of the things that continually leads to their downfall.

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

LubeMan says:

(Palpatine canonically knows this technique)."

I wasn't aware of this little bit of wankery. How the hell could Palpatine possibly know how to do that? The only reason Nihilus could do things on that scale was because of what happened to him on Malachor V. It wasn't alearned technique; it was his method of feeding the hole in the force that Malachor V created in him.

LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LubeMan

Alexander Anderson says:

"LubeMan says:
(Palpatine canonically knows this technique)."
I wasn't aware of this little bit of wankery. How the hell could Palpatine possibly know how to do that? The only reason Nihilus could do things on that scale was because of what happened to him on Malachor V. It wasn't alearned technique; it was his method of feeding the hole in the force that Malachor V created in him."
Wankery it may be, but there it is! He knows it, but hasn't used it, safe way of saying it lol
Post Edited:2008-04-19 05:11:16
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lordraiden

I'll have to go Sith Council on this one, they just have too many in numbers that have so much power and potentiel, even if a few or half of them get wiped, and that's saying something, there's more than enough to topple Mags with the power they weild!

ArdennesKorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ArdennesKorps

Even magnetto needs too sleep. With characters like Sion and Nihilus this seems almost not fair. For example there's nothing he can do to Sion, he will just reconstruct himself every time, and Nihilus will just consume his life energy, these two doesn't even need their lightsabers to win here.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By daak1212

@ArdennesKorps said:

Even magnetto needs too sleep. With characters like Sion and Nihilus this seems almost not fair. For example there's nothing he can do to Sion, he will just reconstruct himself every time, and Nihilus will just consume his life energy, these two doesn't even need their lightsabers to win here.

Magneto has superhuman stamina, but I see you point. Magneto has done enough stuff to prove he can withstand this assault and deal out enough damage to beat the crew

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By The_Thunderer

Sith Council

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ssejllenrad

Palps make a wormhole?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ShootingNova

Sith Council. Palpatine is the most powerful, he should be last. Sion and Bane rape him. Plagueis mindrapes him. End of story.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By daak1212

@ssejllenrad said:

Palps make a wormhole?

Magneto took shots from Galactus. Also why would Magneto just stand their to get sucked in by the wormhole?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ShootingNova

@daak1212: Because Sids moves faster than Magneto can react.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By daak1212

@ShootingNova said:

@daak1212: Because Sids moves faster than Magneto can react.

Can I challenge that?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ShootingNova

@daak1212: Go ahead. Sids has proved to move faster than Leia or Anakin can see, they couldn't even sense him properly, except as Darkness. Magneto isn't even Force-Sensitive.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By daak1212

@ShootingNova said:

@daak1212: Go ahead. Sids has proved to move faster than Leia or Anakin can see, they couldn't even sense him properly, except as Darkness. Magneto isn't even Force-Sensitive.

Not sure what being force sensitive has to do with anything but what ever. How fast has Palpatine moved? I mean that's cool and all faster than Leia or Anakin can see but I mean put that in perspective please.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#32  Edited By Saren

Magneto's reactions have been less than great of late. Two characters with no speed feats to speak of blitzed him into unconsciousness. He reacted to a clone of his son but the real deal whacked him in the face while he was saving Emma from Iron Man.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ShootingNova

Well, they couldn't even see him despite him being in front of them.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By daak1212

@CitizenBane said:

Magneto's reactions have been less than great of late. Two characters with no speed feats to speak of blitzed him into unconsciousness. He reacted to a clone of his son but the real deal whacked him in the face while he was saving Emma from Iron Man.

The Emma from Ironman thing is AvX right? Yeah let's not ever bring AvX scans again for obvious reason. I fnot then when was this?

I know Magneto has reacted to speedsters before in the form of Northstar and Im pretty sure or I atleast have a feeling that he once dodged Quicksilver as well.

@ShootingNova said:

Well I mean even characters who weren't speedsters have done that. Wolverine in Wolverine 6 or ....crap it wasn't 6 what was the issue? It was when he was seeking his revenge on the Red Right Hand, the ninja girl during her monologue said that wolverine was standing a couple feet away from her and before she could pull her sword out (or have the reaction to) Wolverine gutted her and killed the people behind her. Also Wesker has done crap like that as well.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ShootingNova

@daak1212 said:

@CitizenBane said:

The Emma from Ironman thing is AvX right? Yeah let's not ever bring AvX scans again for obvious reason. I fnot then when was this?

I know Magneto has reacted to speedsters before in the form of Northstar and Im pretty sure or I atleast have a feeling that he once dodged Quicksilver as well.

@ShootingNova said:

Well I mean even characters who weren't speedsters have done that. Wolverine in Wolverine 6 or ....crap it wasn't 6 what was the issue? It was when he was seeking his revenge on the Red Right Hand, the ninja girl during her monologue said that wolverine was standing a couple feet away from her and before she could pull her sword out (or have the reaction to) Wolverine gutted her and killed the people behind her. Also Wesker has done crap like that as well.

Against Force-Sensitives that can predict and see things before they happen? None of them have ever moved so fast they couldn't even be sensed.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Saren

@daak1212 said:

@CitizenBane said:

Yes, it is. Apart from that, Legion and Rogue both blitzed him, and neither one of them have any speed feats on par with any speedster of note (Rogue was using David's speed at the time).

He has reacted to Northstar and Quicksilver before, but he is supposedly feeling his age these days.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By daak1212

@ShootingNova said:

@daak1212 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@ShootingNova said:

Against Force-Sensitives that can predict and see things before they happen? None of them have ever moved so fast they couldn't even be sensed.

They where that good? Shit, when and where was this claimed?

I dont know Magneto still has has the force field to worry about. and it's not like Palpatine is going to use speed, in fact Im not really sure how that will work in this battle at all.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ShootingNova

@daak1212 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@daak1212 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@ShootingNova said:

I dont know Magneto still has has the force field to worry about. and it's not like Palpatine is going to use speed, in fact Im not really sure how that will work in this battle at all.

Yes he will. He has done so numerous times.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Saren

@ShootingNova: @daak1212: Guys, text pyramid.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ShootingNova

@CitizenBane: We'll just reply then.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By daak1212

@ShootingNova said:

@daak1212 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@daak1212 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@ShootingNova said:

Yes he will. He has done so numerous times.

How the hell will that happen here?

@CitizenBane: Im sorry I refute that as being reputable at all, that is a low showing in my book. and Lol at feeling his age. At the end of AvX he will have a magnetic hoverround

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ShootingNova

@daak1212: What? Palpatine can cloud Magneto's senses. Worse, he can speedbltiz him.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Silver2467

Anakin has dodged lightning bolts and reacted to ships flying at near relativistic speeds. Palpatine fought faster than he could see. 

Saesee Tiin has weaved his lightsaber blade into a shield while deflecting numerous blaster bolts. Palpatine fought faster than he could see. 

Mace Windu has formed webs out of twin lightsaber blades while deflecting several blaster bolts and bullets. Palpatine fought faster than he could see. 

Darth Maul deflected fire from dozens of gungan shooters at once. Palpatine fought faster than he could see. 

None of this matters though. Sidious could just Drain Magneto's life force, and given that he has superior combat/perception/operating speed, he can do so before Magneto attempts anything in return. More than that, Magneto lacks the ability to defeat him at all. Kill Palpatine, and he returns as a spirit. That ends in a stalemate at best.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ShootingNova

@Silver2467: Exactly. How as stalemate?

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By daak1212

@ShootingNova said:

@daak1212: What? Palpatine can cloud Magneto's senses. Worse, he can speedbltiz him.

Im what can Palpatine do against his force field? You make it sound like Magneto hasn't resisted tp before. Also what's stopping Magneto from using Palpatines own body against him? Palpatine is human he still has iron in him.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ShootingNova

@daak1212: He can drain Magneto instantly before he even notices what is up. Palpatine can strip Magneto of his powers anyway, or turn him into a raving lunatic for life.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By daak1212

@Silver2467 said:

Anakin has dodged lightning bolts and reacted to ships flying at near relativistic speeds. Palpatine fought faster than he could see. Saesee Tiin has weaved his lightsaber blade into a shield while deflecting numerous blaster bolts. Palpatine fought faster than he could see. Mace Windu has formed webs out of twin lightsaber blades while deflecting several blaster bolts and bullets. Palpatine fought faster than he could see. Darth Maul deflected fire from dozens of gungan shooters at once. Palpatine fought faster than he could see. None of this matters though. Sidious could just Drain Magneto's life force, and given that he has superior combat/perception/operating speed, he can do so before Magneto attempts anything in return. More than that, Magneto lacks the ability to defeat him at all. Kill Palpatine, and he returns as a spirit. That ends in a stalemate at best.

Alot of that sounds like bullet timer crap nothing of dire consequence.

Oh what the hell as a spirit? Fuck that! Thats overkill

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Silver2467
@ShootingNova  said: 

@Silver2467: Exactly. How as stalemate?

It isn't a stalemate. It would only be a stalemate if Magneto kills him, but that would be unlikely.  

To be sure, Magneto certainly has the power to kill Palpatine, but he lacks the combat speed to do so before Palpatine kills him. 

@ShootingNova said:

Palpatine can strip Magneto of his powers anyway

How would he do that? 

@ShootingNova said:

or turn him into a raving lunatic for life.

TP is arguable because Magneto has a long history of resisting potent telepaths. So that issue would be better left alone.
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ShootingNova

@Silver2467: LOL, I thought you said that Palpatine would just use Essence Transfer as a Spirit and own Magneto then? Stripping him of his powers is basically draining him lol.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By daak1212

@ShootingNova said:

@daak1212: He can drain Magneto instantly before he even notices what is up. Palpatine can strip Magneto of his powers anyway, or turn him into a raving lunatic for life.

.....No....What the hell? Post scans of him being able to remove powers. What's stopping Magneto from instant killing Palpatine as well? Im not saying Palpatine is weak in fact i know he's strong but Im wondering why you make it sound like this will be an easy feat. Palpatine doesn't seem as if he has the reaction time to handle a lightspeeder (I dont know does he?) Magneto does. Emperor may have the ability to have a 1 sec win but as does magneto. Most of Palpatines feats could be easily redone by Magneto