User Lists: 0

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By acewasp23

LoL i was just about to post a Kyle Ryner vs Magneto thread.

any way, Sinestro wins. lol

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Methos

yeah... while Magneto is a big guy in the Marvel Universe, he isn't up to the level of fighting people with power rings

M

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Copy

The lanterns threads are returning. Quick gambler go hide. lol And I have to say sinestro.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Methos

While i really like Magneto as a character, and am actually intrigued by his level of power, i don't think he has any chance of surviving an attack by Sinestro...

the power ring gives him too much of an advantage

M

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pania

I can't say I am familiar enough to the extent of the power rings to make a call for sure, but I will say that Magneto's energy wielding capabilities, his ability to directly assault the body, and his shields give him a fighting chance.
Post Edited:2007-11-28 19:17:47

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7  Edited By The_Martian

I'm think if he can get his force field up fast enough, Magneto might beable to pull it off.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pania

Other than making solid objects, what does it do?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Methos

anything you can imagine...

it can literally create anything you can imagine from an axe to a plasma rifle.

there aren't any limits and it can create shields that are capable of withstanding a supernova.

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Methos

against a lesser member of the GL Corps i'd say yes...

Against Sinestro who has defeated several people of note in the DCU, including Superman, i can't see it happening.

M

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pania

Hrm. But Magneto has shields too, and he can can control various radiations in the EM Spectrum, including visible light (green), and then there is the control he has over the body itself (iron in the blood, the nervous system's bio-electric signals, etc). Plus his accelerated reaction times give him first attack.

I'm not saying that he would win for sure, but wouldn't he at least have a fighting chance?

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pania

Supes? Oh crap.

O.K. I'll take your word for it. You know the character a lot better than I. :-)
Post Edited:2007-11-28 19:30:59

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Poor Erik...

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Methos

that is true... Sinestro is arrogant enough not to see Magneto as a threat

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Methos

Sinestro is easily a planetary level threat...

he used to rule his entire sector (which apparently covered over a galaxy) with a iron fist...

he could easily use the ring to create lethal levels of radiation to kill Magneto, or create a bubble inside him and expand it until Magneto exploded.

Sinestro is a master tactician, i'm honesty trying to think of ways Magneto could win this and am coming up blank

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Methos

Nobody says:

"Magnetos force fields should protect him from the radiation. Then again if Sinestro can just create a bubble in Magneto he could probably just create radiation in him."

thats the worst thing about putting people up against someone with a power ring...

it can literally do anything you can imagine...

M

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#17  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I can see Magneto winning easily if Sinestro doesn't take Mags seriously. I wouldn't mention it for most characters, but Sinestro is just that arrogant.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Methos

Wanda Maximoff says:

"Isn't the ring itself metal? And doesn't the wearer have to have complete concentration to pull off some of the more impressive aspects of the ring?"

no, it's not metal... it's on an alien material...

Dr Polaris found this out lol

yeah, concentration is key when using some of the rings more 'extravagant' uses

M

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19  Edited By The_Martian

Methos says:

"Sinestro is easily a planetary level threat... he used to rule his entire sector (which apparently covered over a galaxy) with a iron fist... he could easily use the ring to create lethal levels of radiation to kill Magneto, or create a bubble inside him and expand it until Magneto exploded. Sinestro is a master tactician, i'm honesty trying to think of ways Magneto could win this and am coming up blank M"
Magnetos force fields should protect him from the radiation. Then again if Sinestro can just create a bubble in Magneto he could probably just create radiation in him.
Wanda Maximoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wanda Maximoff

Isn't the ring itself metal? And doesn't the wearer have to have complete concentration to pull off some of the more impressive aspects of the ring?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Methos

Pania says:

"I will say that Magneto is also considered a master tactician (the accelerated thought process probably help). He's beaten the X-men multiple times and successfully fought the Avengers and FF."

I'm not doubting Magneto's tactical abilities...

but in this battle i think it's going to come down to raw power, something that the Power Ring definitely outclasses Magneto in.

M

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pania

I will say that Magneto is also considered a master tactician (the accelerated thought process probably help). He's beaten the X-men multiple times and successfully fought the Avengers and FF.

HalJordan1986x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HalJordan1986x

Sinestro wins this with ease

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lance Bastro

magneto. like all other rings, the antimattered quad ring will eventually wear down and loose power. after that, sinestro cant recharge without any of the green lanterns. magneto's power source is vast and potentially unlimited depending on his physical and mental stature. he can fight and draw in power at the same time meaing unlimited power source.

the power rings reacted to the whelders imagination, but it's true strength depends on the users will power. magneto's will power is very powerful and his imagination can also make magnetism do anything! magetism is all around us, it even exist in asgaurd, the cosmos, the hevens and even in hell. as magneto once said before... "magnetism is magic!"

i would have to say, in a power strugle... magneto takes it, he can also use his own will power to turn against sinestros attacks becuase solid or not... the source of the ring and the effect of the rings are made out of light.. light.. a source magneto takes control of becuase light is a part of magnetism. the rings base is also metal.. something magneto can deal with pretty easily once he sences it.

magneto.

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lance Bastro

about metal and magneto.

people need to understand. magneto is not about metal.. metal is the easiest thing magneto can do.. he tossed a 70,000 ton train accross the city with a mere thought... wow a metal train... whopty-doo...

well, what about 100,000,000,000 ton entire mountian made up of rock and forrest! he threw it on top of an entire army of thousands.

so we already know magneto can manipulate fearus metals and non metals.. hell, he can even tie trees into a prezel if he wanted too. but of course! magneto can manipulate and control sub atomic particles too how else is it that he can turn a humans into mutants, pick up rock and dirt etc..

magneto is crazy powerful. you guys have to remember that he was once the only living mutant on earth at one point. that was because at the time, he was the most powerful being on earth.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26  Edited By Zoom
Lance Bastro said:
"like all other rings, the antimattered quad ring will eventually wear down and loose power. after that, sinestro cant recharge without any of the green lanterns."

That is such a freaking nonissue that it isn't even worth mentioning.

You honestly think the fight is gonna take so long that Sinestro's ring will run out of juice?  No way.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AtPhantom

here we go....

Lance Bastro
said:

"

magneto. like all other rings, the antimattered quad ring will eventually wear down and loose power. after that, sinestro cant recharge without any of the green lanterns. magneto's power source is vast and potentially unlimited depending on his physical and mental stature. he can fight and draw in power at the same time meaing unlimited power source.
"

Do you have any idea how much charge a power ring can have??? Sinestro does have his own power battery by the way. Magneto's power sorce maybe unlimited but his stamina is not.
It's a lot more likely that magneto will grow tired and lose control of his own power that for the power ring to lose charge.

Lance Bastro said:
"

the power rings reacted to the whelders imagination, but it's true strength depends on the users will power. magneto's will power is very powerful and his imagination can also make magnetism do anything! magetism is all around us, it even exist in asgaurd, the cosmos, the hevens and even in hell. as magneto once said before... "magnetism is magic!"

"

I don't see what magneto's will power has to do with Sinestro's power ring. And he can't really do anything, at he can't do everything a power ring can do. he can call magnetism magic all he wants, elemental fear energy shaped into anything the wielder wants trumps it.

Lance Bastro
said:
"

i would have to say, in a power strugle... magneto takes it, he can also use his own will power to turn against sinestros attacks becuase solid or not... the source of the ring and the effect of the rings are made out of light.. light.. a source magneto takes control of becuase light is a part of magnetism. the rings base is also metal.. something magneto can deal with pretty easily once he sences it.
"

It is not made out of light, it is made of elemental fear energy as I said already. The ring isn't metal, it's made from an alien material, as stated in a post above.

Lance Bastro
said:
"about metal and magneto.

people need to understand. magneto is not about metal.. metal is the easiest thing magneto can do..
"
Exactly, it is the easiest thing for him to do, everything else is much harder, meaning it takes more effort, meaning it depletes more of his stamina, meaning he grows more tired, meaning his power diminishes.

Lance Bastro
said:
" he tossed a 70,000 ton train accross the city with a mere thought... wow a metal train... whopty-doo...

well, what about 100,000,000,000 ton entire mountian made up of rock and forrest! he threw it on top of an entire army of thousands.
"
And that would work against a weapon that can contain galaxy bust explosions and traverse universes...

Lance Bastro
said:
"

so we already know magneto can manipulate fearus metals and non metals.. hell, he can even tie trees into a prezel if he wanted too. but of course! magneto can manipulate and control sub atomic particles too how else is it that he can turn a humans into mutants, pick up rock and dirt etc..
"
 No he can't and I don't see what sub-atomic particles have with turning people into mutants and picking up dirt.Lance Bastro said:
"
magneto is crazy powerful. you guys have to remember that he was once the only living mutant on earth at one point. that was because at the time, he was the most powerful being on earth.
"
I agree, but being crazy powerful doesn't make him more powerful.

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lance Bastro

what a surprise.

AtPhantom said:

"Do you have any idea how much charge a power ring can have??? Sinestro does have his own power battery by the way. Magneto's power sorce maybe unlimited but his stamina is not.
It's a lot more likely that magneto will grow tired and lose control of his own power that for the power ring to lose charge.

"

that depends on the magntude of the defense or the attack. granted that even just wearing the ring takes little bits of energy while it coats its wearer with a aura like forcefield to make them somewhat invulnrable, but against magneto sinetro would more than likey try to defend himself from some very devestating attacks, but that's also a non factor knowing how arrogant the guy is. he would probably spend most of his juice trying to reach magneto. try to get to the point of breaking his mental power.

AtPhantom said:
"I don't see what magneto's will power has to do with Sinestro's power ring. And he can't really do anything, at he can't do everything a power ring can do. he can call magnetism magic all he wants, elemental fear energy shaped into anything the wielder wants trumps it.

"

if i didn't know any better, elemental anything is held together by some sort of partical which magneto will have a counter for. the source would be fear, however, that fear does convert to visible solid light. it is not magic. the rings and it's powers do have some science behind it. and will power has alot to do with it. in fact all fights have if not a fraction, a majority role that opens or closes the outcome of a fight. like I said, magneto has a very powerful will power.. he doesn't even have mind controling powers and yet he defends himself countless of times against telepathy do to his sheer will power. if magnus vs sinestro's arrogence. (trust me magneto is the little man here. he is not going to have any arrogence in this battle)

AtPhantom said:
"It is not made out of light, it is made of elemental fear energy as I said already. The ring isn't metal, it's made from an alien material, as stated in a post above.

"

as mentioned above about light. the ring may not be metal but it is a material of matter.. magneto can take hold of it some way. either by magnetism, gravatational fields, liquifing it or by taking it with his own hand.s

AtPhantom said:
Exactly, it is the easiest thing for him to do, everything else is much harder, meaning it takes more effort, meaning it depletes more of his stamina, meaning he grows more tired, meaning his power diminishes.

"

you do prove a point, but let's say if there is prep. magneto is well aware about his own weaknesses.. sinestro power is basically the ring itself. and as a tactical and strategic magneto is he can multi plan through his attacks or defence. scheaming up ways to reach sinestros weakness. without prep sinestro has a better edge, but like magneto once said after almost being defeated.. a wolve may be more powerful than the fox, but once cornered the fox becomes the deadlier." something of that nature.. another factor... wearing the ring will not change sinistro's stamina as well.. who ever gets tired 1st.

AtPhantom said:
"And that would work against a weapon that can contain galaxy bust explosions and traverse universes...
 No he can't and I don't see what sub-atomic particles have with turning people into mutants and picking up dirt.
"

parallax is not involved in this fight i hope not. people like hal, guy, and kyles had been hit at least once with just a hand knocked to the ground. the same goes for sinstro. he will not up the ante of his forcefields unless he absolutly knows if its good for him. while fighting magneto i doubt that he would use a magnagude of defence like that. instead he would be focusing more on attacks. and yes magneto knows a fair lot about humanoid anatomy. the population of genosha were altered mutants via magneto's power. he genetically altered them.

AtPhantom said:
"I agree, but being crazy powerful doesn't make him more powerful.
"

maybe so, but you can't deny magneto being more cunning and keen towards the battle.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AtPhantom
Lance Bastro said:
"

that depends on the magntude of the defense or the attack. granted that even just wearing the ring takes little bits of energy while it coats its wearer with a aura like forcefield to make them somewhat invulnrable, but against magneto sinetro would more than likey try to defend himself from some very devestating attacks, but that's also a non factor knowing how arrogant the guy is. he would probably spend most of his juice trying to reach magneto. try to get to the point of breaking his mental power.
"
Coating the wielder with an aura takes like 0.000000000000000001% of the energy of the ring. and the amount of energy contain within them.... If they didn't deplete while battling the sinestro corps, the anti monitor and containing the explosion of the war world, they aren't going to die against magneto.
True, Sinestro is arogant, but that didn't make him "the greatest green lantern" he became that because he fight smart and has a hell of a will. I have never sen him make a mistake out of arogance.

Lance Bastro said:
"
if i didn't know any better, elemental anything is held together by some sort of partical which magneto will have a counter for. the source would be fear, however, that fear does convert to visible solid light. it is not magic. the rings and it's powers do have some science behind it. and will power has alot to do with it. in fact all fights have if not a fraction, a majority role that opens or closes the outcome of a fight. like I said, magneto has a very powerful will power.. he doesn't even have mind controling powers and yet he defends himself countless of times against telepathy do to his sheer will power. if magnus vs sinestro's arrogence. (trust me magneto is the little man here. he is not going to have any arrogence in this battle)
"

light, solid fear aside, constructs a re not all the rings can do. whey they say a ring can do anything, htey mean anything. They can produce radiation, heat, light, energy, warp gravity, and anything else the wielder can imagine. granted, M's shields can keep those things away from him, but they can be overwhelmed.  And megneto's will power has nothing to do with it. he may never give up, but that hardly matters if you're knocked out. and Sinstro isn't going to attack him with thelepathy so...

Lance Bastro said:
"
as mentioned above about light. the ring may not be metal but it is a material of matter.. magneto can take hold of it some way. either by magnetism, gravatational fields, liquifing it or by taking it with his own hands.
"
No, he can't. You're overestimating his manipulation and control abilities. Not to mention that the ring itself can counter anything magneto tries.

Lance Bastro said:
"
you do prove a point, but let's say if there is prep. magneto is well aware about his own weaknesses.. sinestro power is basically the ring itself. and as a tactical and strategic magneto is he can multi plan through his attacks or defence. scheaming up ways to reach sinestros weakness. without prep sinestro has a better edge, but like magneto once said after almost being defeated.. a wolve may be more powerful than the fox, but once cornered the fox becomes the deadlier." something of that nature.. another factor... wearing the ring will not change sinistro's stamina as well.. who ever gets tired 1st.

"
No one said there is prep in this fight. You are seriously relying on Sinestro's arogance here. he may be arogant, but he isn't STUPID. He created the sinestro corps, he manipulated paralax, he corrupted Jordan, he forced guardians to aprove lethal force, He is an A-list villain and he didn't get there by being arogant.
And wearing the ring will change his stamina, Ring is known to regulate the internal functions if it's wielder. And I think wielding a ring that does everything for you is easier than chuckin 1,000,000,000 tons mountains bu yourself.

Lance Bastro said:
"
parallax is not involved in this fight i hope not. people like hal, guy, and kyles had been hit at least once with just a hand knocked to the ground. the same goes for sinstro. he will not up the ante of his forcefields unless he absolutly knows if its good for him. while fighting magneto i doubt that he would use a magnagude of defence like that. instead he would be focusing more on attacks. and yes magneto knows a fair lot about humanoid anatomy. the population of genosha were altered mutants via magneto's power. he genetically altered them.
"
I wasn't talking about parallax. The GLC contained the explosion of warworld that would have destroyed the galaxy. I could work out the calculation on how much energy was expended there if you want. And the ring were shown to be capable of trensporting people into the anti-matter universe.
Again, he may be arrogant, but he is not stupid, of course he will have his shields up regardles of the threat level, it's just something lanterns normally do. Not to mention that shields automatically kick in if the wielder is attacked.
That magneto knoes a lot about human anatomy is not disputed, we know he is smart as hell. but you don't need sub-atomic control to mutate people, and he has no subatomic control.
I also don't remember him mutating genoshan population, please post proof of that.

Lance Bastro said:
"
maybe so, but you can't deny magneto being more cunning and keen towards the battle.
"

Yes I can....
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LordCosmicKing

The way sinestro has been portrayed in comics, he is beast and would tear magnus a new one........

Daffy Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Daffy Duck

Wait. Why does Sinestro get to have a ring? At least give Magneto a ring with a thumbnail of Cosmic Cube on it. =b

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By King_Saturn
Sinestro would beat Magneto in a rather interesting fight...
HalJordan1986x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HalJordan1986x

a rookie green lantern could beat magneto

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By geraldthesloth

depends on setting

Baby Vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Baby Vegeta

Sinestro wins

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Scourge

sinestro

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lance Bastro

that's becuase if magneto has the cosmic cube he will be way too powerful.

HalJordan1986x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HalJordan1986x

Magneto cannot beat any SCM or GL even a rookie

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lance Bastro

AtPhantom said:

"Coating the wielder with an aura takes like 0.000000000000000001% of the energy of the ring. and the amount of energy contain within them.... If they didn't deplete while battling the sinestro corps, the anti monitor and containing the explosion of the war world, they aren't going to die against magneto.
True, Sinestro is arogant, but that didn't make him "the greatest green lantern" he became that because he fight smart and has a hell of a will. I have never sen him make a mistake out of arogance.

light, solid fear aside, constructs a re not all the rings can do. whey they say a ring can do anything, htey mean anything. They can produce radiation, heat, light, energy, warp gravity, and anything else the wielder can imagine. granted, M's shields can keep those things away from him, but they can be overwhelmed.  And megneto's will power has nothing to do with it. he may never give up, but that hardly matters if you're knocked out. and Sinstro isn't going to attack him with thelepathy so...
"

magneto's forcefield can not be overwhelmed unless you shake his mental control of it and by doing that you would need to deliver some kind of damage to either his mind or his pysical body. magneto has fought countless of times, armys of heroes and world defense parties and not one time (besides dark pheonix) could they overwhem his shield with his full knoweledge of the attack. yes, mag has been touched by beams and what not, but he is always attacked when his forcefield is down when he is not looking or even aware of it (from behind or what ever)

most of magneto's losses are not by his lack of smarts or by limited power (becuase it's the complete opposite), it's because he had been becoming more powerful that the only way to make a good story of the heroes is by magneto losing through PIS and CIS. In most cases it's because of arrogence and his character structure as a hole (ex: "I AM MAGNETO MASTER OF MAGETISM!" pride & "HERO OF MUTANTS/DESTROYER OF MAN KIND!" mind set)

radiation, light, heat, energy (besides magic) are some of the natural things magneto can defend himself against. and by will power, magneto can at the least divert if not take control of and move away these certain kind of attacks. i say will power alot becuase magneto's power is amplified in magnetude by his will. (will means mind, body, and spirit working together as a conholent whole)

AtPhantom said:

"No, he can't. You're overestimating his manipulation and control abilities. Not to mention that the ring itself can counter anything magneto tries.

No one said there is prep in this fight. You are seriously relying on Sinestro's arogance here. he may be arogant, but he isn't STUPID. He created the sinestro corps, he manipulated paralax, he corrupted Jordan, he forced guardians to aprove lethal force, He is an A-list villain and he didn't get there by being arogant.
And wearing the ring will change his stamina, Ring is known to regulate the internal functions if it's wielder. And I think wielding a ring that does everything for you is easier than chuckin 1,000,000,000 tons mountains bu yourself.
"

i know the ring can counter magneto, but you can't deny vice versa. both of them would be able to injure one another or even repel one another. i already know magneto's flaw in this fight, and i know sinestro's flaw without having his ring.. so i'm not comparing the two through power stats because, we have one guy who was at one point earths most powerful mutant (i think he is considered omega now since he can control sub atomic particals and frequencies to open wormholes and miniture blackholes) and another guy who is wearing the most powerful weapon in all of the dc universe. so i am ballancing the outcome of this fight through in-character flaws and what they can do.

and i know that having arogance doesn't make you stupid, but it does add blind spots in dire situations. dr. doom for example... smart enough to create a cosmic cube, smart enough to destroy galactus, smart enough to trick beyonder of his powers... he is virtaully the dictionary of "smart" in marvel comics next to thanos, but unlike thanos doom is very arrogant which is why he fails in alot of situations against 'weaker' people. magneto IS the weaker people of this battle becuase he is limited through his 'will' capabilities which are channeled directly from his mind and body which from there on.. is channeled through the "infinite amounts of EM spectrum" around him and sinestro. and knowing magneto.. his thinking process capasity outweighs sinestro by volume and by speed. it would be like the cpu of the PS3  (2 trillion calculations per second) vs the brain of a human (10 calculations per second). in other words, magneto would be able to devise more in-battle stratagies than sinestro period.

AtPhantom said:

"I wasn't talking about parallax. The GLC contained the explosion of warworld that would have destroyed the galaxy. I could work out the calculation on how much energy was expended there if you want. And the ring were shown to be capable of trensporting people into the anti-matter universe.
Again, he may be arrogant, but he is not stupid, of course he will have his shields up regardles of the threat level, it's just something lanterns normally do. Not to mention that shields automatically kick in if the wielder is attacked.
That magneto knoes a lot about human anatomy is not disputed, we know he is smart as hell. but you don't need sub-atomic control to mutate people, and he has no subatomic control.
I also don't remember him mutating genoshan population, please post proof of that.

Yes I can...."

again, i am not denying sinestro's smarts. he is a leader of his corp after all and it took him effort and stratagy to place him where he is now before what he once was in later years. yes, he will expand and multiply the magnitude of his shield if so needed be, but magnetism, like fear... is not always visable.. let's say for instance, sinestro manages to tire magneto and makes magneto fall on his knees... magneto already claims defeat but just for diversion effort. once sinestro lowers his shields, maganeto could summon a strong enough ripsaw pulse to pierce through sinestro's thin layered aura and send a small gravatonic forcefield to surround sinstros lungs and crush them. I don't know about you, but trying to use defense imagaination while feeling your lungs being crushed below your chest would only make one imagine about how painful their lungs are being crushed.

this has been a good debate so far.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AtPhantom
Lance Bastro said:
"

magneto's forcefield can not be overwhelmed unless you shake his mental control of it and by doing that you would need to deliver some kind of damage to either his mind or his pysical body. magneto has fought countless of times, armys of heroes and world defense parties and not one time (besides dark pheonix) could they overwhem his shield with his full knoweledge of the attack. yes, mag has been touched by beams and what not, but he is always attacked when his forcefield is down when he is not looking or even aware of it (from behind or what ever)

most of magneto's losses are not by his lack of smarts or by limited power (becuase it's the complete opposite), it's because he had been becoming more powerful that the only way to make a good story of the heroes is by magneto losing through PIS and CIS. In most cases it's because of arrogence and his character structure as a hole (ex: "I AM MAGNETO MASTER OF MAGETISM!" pride & "HERO OF MUTANTS/DESTROYER OF MAN KIND!" mind set)

radiation, light, heat, energy (besides magic) are some of the natural things magneto can defend himself against. and by will power, magneto can at the least divert if not take control of and move away these certain kind of attacks. i say will power alot becuase magneto's power is amplified in magnetude by his will. (will means mind, body, and spirit working together as a conholent whole)

"
I find it hard to believe his shield cannot be penetrated, and even so, it becomes a battle of attrition, which I believe Sinestro can win.

So let's see. Since COIE, he was beaten by Parallax, because he wanted to, By Hal an Kyle and he simply retreated, by Hal and Kyle again and only because their rings were depleted, and that's it. That's a lot of PIS.

His powers depend on his will and physical state. His body is important because he can get injured in a battle and if so his powers diminish. But his will isn't. Neither of them are, because they don't fluctuate. Neither of them is going to throw in the towel and give up. As far as i'm concerned will is not a factor here.

Lance Bastro said:
"
i know the ring can counter magneto, but you can't deny vice versa. both of them would be able to injure one another or even repel one another. i already know magneto's flaw in this fight, and i know sinestro's flaw without having his ring.. so i'm not comparing the two through power stats because, we have one guy who was at one point earths most powerful mutant (i think he is considered omega now since he can control sub atomic particals and frequencies to open wormholes and miniture blackholes) and another guy who is wearing the most powerful weapon in all of the dc universe. so i am ballancing the outcome of this fight through in-character flaws and what they can do.

and i know that having arogance doesn't make you stupid, but it does add blind spots in dire situations. dr. doom for example... smart enough to create a cosmic cube, smart enough to destroy galactus, smart enough to trick beyonder of his powers... he is virtaully the dictionary of "smart" in marvel comics next to thanos, but unlike thanos doom is very arrogant which is why he fails in alot of situations against 'weaker' people. magneto IS the weaker people of this battle becuase he is limited through his 'will' capabilities which are channeled directly from his mind and body which from there on.. is channeled through the "infinite amounts of EM spectrum" around him and sinestro. and knowing magneto.. his thinking process capasity outweighs sinestro by volume and by speed. it would be like the cpu of the PS3  (2 trillion calculations per second) vs the brain of a human (10 calculations per second). in other words, magneto would be able to devise more in-battle stratagies than sinestro period.

"
Okay, but you already said Magneto is just as arrogant. you keep saying that magneto is the little guy here, but he doesn't know that. All he sees is a pink-red alien with a big forehead and a silly mustache floating in a yellow bubble.
It'll be like:
M: I AM THE LEADER OF MUTANTKIND AND YOU ARE A TYRANT, DIE!!!
S: YOU ARE A TERRORIST AND I MUST IMPOSE ORDER TO YOU, DIE!!!
Nobody is getting an arrogance advantage here.

I don't know anything about his thinking capacity, but I don't think it matters, because Sinestro is capable of implementing more strategies with the ring.
Lance Bastro said:
"

again, i am not denying sinestro's smarts. he is a leader of his corp after all and it took him effort and stratagy to place him where he is now before what he once was in later years. yes, he will expand and multiply the magnitude of his shield if so needed be, but magnetism, like fear... is not always visable.. let's say for instance, sinestro manages to tire magneto and makes magneto fall on his knees... magneto already claims defeat but just for diversion effort. once sinestro lowers his shields, maganeto could summon a strong enough ripsaw pulse to pierce through sinestro's thin layered aura and send a small gravatonic forcefield to surround sinstros lungs and crush them. I don't know about you, but trying to use defense imagaination while feeling your lungs being crushed below your chest would only make one imagine about how painful their lungs are being crushed.
"

Magnetism doesn't need to visible, the ring can easily detect it and reveal it to him.

I agree about the imagination - chest crushing argument, but again, for that to happen a lot must go right.
Like is said before, the shields engage automatically if an attack is detected, and also, the shields are not like a cumbersome buble encompasing him, they are no bigger than his aura. In fact, they are his aura. He doesn't have to take them down any time. In fact, most lanterns don't.

Lance Bastro said:
"

this has been a good debate so far.

"
Yes, it was. I'm enjoying it.
Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Perfect Cell

Nice arguments in this thread. The deducing of the two characters is deep!

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AtPhantom
Perfect Cell said:
"Nice arguments in this thread. The deducing of the two characters is deep!"
Thanks...
never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By never give up

This loos like a debate from a year ago :)

Avatar image for stormamazonphoenix
StormAmazonPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto stomps

Larfleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Larfleeze

Sinestro can pretty much laugh off anything magneto does to him before blowing his head off.

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ARMIV

I remember a topic like this being started on the midway boards that resulted in a huge discussion with many insults.
I said Magneto had a shot because he's been known to manipulate various parts of the electro-magnetic field,though not as fluently as he can with metal.
I was then called out as not being valid with my points,but screw that,it's a fight where anything can happen.

No Caption Provided
Yes,I know Magneto has huge hands,don't rub it in!
Larfleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Larfleeze

Mags can't do anything to Sinestro and to think otherewise is fanboyish...

Please give a solid reason on how he would beat Sinestro...hell give a solid reason on why Sinestro won't just one shot him with a blast from his ring.

Johnny_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Johnny_Nemesis

Sinestro one shot hims
This is a massive curbstomp..Mags cant match the power of a Lantern let alone the greatest one in the universe

BillyBonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BillyBonzo

sinestro owns him

Ziro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Ziro

I think Magneto would simply find Sinestro too powerful(in addition to being cunning).