• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@frozenphoenix: So he punched him a few times...that makes him more powerful? I guess that makes superman more powerful than darksied too

Umm he is more powerful than Thor.

#52 Edited by Cooldes (3867 posts) - - Show Bio

MORALS OFF SENTRY IS NOT VOID!

can you people please stop saying that. yes this is a stomp for The Sentry, but you guys should seriously know that sentry voiding out has NOTHING to do with his morals. Void=/=Sentry.

but Both=Rob. Sentry and void are two halves of rob. Void doesn't have anything to do with Sentry's morals, he usually comes out because he won't allow sentry to die(because he'll die too) or Rob can't keep him in check (inner battle) but rob is a schizophrenic, void is one of those personalities.

#53 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenphoenix: Nice one lol trying the ol' turnabout huh? Not gonna work because sentry has no defense from what magneto cn do. At the very least magneto could stop the iron from transporting oxygen to sentry's lungs. And you cannot prove he couldn't. I tried to make the exact same argument you're making In a "magneti vs superman" thread and someone told me that magnetism had nothing to do with durability. And that was the overall consensus of that thread. I'm only applying the same logic here.

#54 Posted by xlab3000 (3115 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: did you even look at the feats

#55 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlab3000: None of those feats prove that sentry

1. Can resist magnetism

2. Doesn't have iron in his blood

And 3. That mags can't shutdown his brain.

Therefore this battle is fair. It is not spite.

#57 Posted by Cgoodness (3771 posts) - - Show Bio

@carter_esque: you do know that thor blasted sentry to just a fried skeleton in siege right?

#58 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@frozenphoenix: Nice one lol trying the ol' turnabout huh? Not gonna work because sentry has no defense from what magneto cn do. At the very least magneto could stop the iron from transporting oxygen to sentry's lungs. And you cannot prove he couldn't. I tried to make the exact same argument you're making In a "magneti vs superman" thread and someone told me that magnetism had nothing to do with durability. And that was the overall consensus of that thread. I'm only applying the same logic here.

There is no turnaround, buddy. The burden of proof lies with you. It's how logical debating works.

#59 Edited by MagnificentStorm (1380 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: @cgoodness: So the small amounts of iorn magnesium zinc and copper arent metals that are in our body ok.

An Sog7dc is this fatal attractions Magneto?

#60 Posted by XLR87T3 (2197 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@frozenphoenix: So he punched him a few times...that makes him more powerful? I guess that makes superman more powerful than darksied too

And yet Thor killed him...with his inferior power...

Also, Sentry is smarter than Magneto so even with prep Maggy loses.

#61 Posted by Cgoodness (3771 posts) - - Show Bio
#62 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenphoenix: The problem with this debate is that it's not the debate I made the thread to have.

1. I set out in this thread to prove it's not spite

2. You(and others) greeted me by saying that sentry stomps

3. I responded in saying mags could blood rip him shutdown his brain animals has a day prep.

3. You all said that sentry is too durable to be blood ripped with no proof that e has resistance to magnetism.

And magneto has blocked shots from mjolnir. I'm positive he is strong enough to blood rip sentry. Especially considering he cn build something to amp is power in the day of prep he has

#63 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@magnificentstorm: I'm just going with whatever magneti has displayed the ability to bloodrip people and shutdown brains

#64 Edited by Killemall (18167 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

Gave you read the current issue on Sentry??

He seems to be a whole new level in terms of speed as compared to someone like Thor, at least travel wise, and honestly i dont see Magneto's shield being able to withstand that sort of speed.

First Wolverine hears a sonic booms hundred of miles away

Next scan says before the sonic boom even registered its too late (at the moment its Sentry is above speed of sound , thats no biggie right), well apparently Sentry was just gaining velocity.

Now Sentry true speed take word by word from panel

"The Sentry velocity bends space and time. Their atoms are hurled forward many times the speed of light"

"the incredible process disorients Thor. Even a god of Asgard is incapable of disregarding such velocity".

Thor the same guy who can fly many times faster than light using his hammer, a hammer that has outraced Silver Surfer, not to mention in a straight flight Thor himself has outraced Silver Surfer before and he has never had problem with that kind of velocity, but Sentry's speed is just so high Thor is already disoriented with speed.

Thats ungodly speed.

Funny thing 2 pages later they end up Many Light years away. Pretty clearly for the context they didnt even fly for minutes and they reach lightyears away.

Say what you will thats just ungodly speed, just plain scary.

Its funny the issue even called Sentry the most powerful being he's (Wolverine) has ever met, and Wolverine has certainly met magneto many times :p

As per ripping his blood out, Molecule Man did one better he tore his body into pieces, he reformed and well beat Molecule Man (note scans from here we see Sentry tapping to Void powers, his eyes turn black , we know Sentry no longer has the Void now so i am not 100% on whether the scans are still applicable, just thought i would put it up for you)

His wife even blew Sentry's head off, and nothing happened, he just died and came back to life

Sentry himself tried to commit sucide by flying into the sun, it didnt work, all that happened was Void reminded him that he isnt just a hero he is a force of nature , he is a GOD (a god not the god, or TOAA or anything that high up the chain)

Void explaining to Sentry (word by word from the panel): "You are not a hero. You're me. You are a force. Lindy was right, you are a part of something bigger than both of us. You are GOD."

During Seige when Sentry unleashed his power this is what was said on the recap page

Seige #4 recap page:

"But that was all just a prelude to the revelation that the all-powerful Sentry is out of control force of nature known as The Void. He cannot be killed... he cannot be stopped"

Ending comment: I understand a lot about the character is now more or less retconned, he doesnt have Void, he apparently has "only death" whatever that means, but i still find it hard to believe Magneto would have anything on someone like him, specially in a no PIS encounter where both have no morals.

#65 Posted by Cooldes (3867 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3: Thor definitely is inferior and Sentry only died because he was in rob form, LITERALLY asking to die. We all know Sentry can return from death at will. I f he didn't want to die, thor would be.

#66 Edited by xlab3000 (3115 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: That's all incredible. I'd appreciate if you pm'd me and told me where those scans are from because I'd love to read that. But my point I that

1. Sentry has no special reaistance to magnetism

2. Mags has 24 hours prep

3. Sentry does have iron in his blood.

So maybe sentry wins or maybe magneti wins. I just wanted to prove thi battle IS NOT SPITE. that's what I've been arguing the whole time.

#68 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Dude, how can I say this in a nice way? Let it go... The fight is over. Eric is dead.

#69 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1380 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: @cgoodness: what that doesnt make sense. Magnets can affect blood flow they do actually affect the metals in our body.

An Sog7dc I believe any magneto can do that. I think you should make this Fatal Attractions Magneto

#70 Edited by Killemall (18167 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@killemall: That's all incredible. I'd appreciate if you pm'd me and told me where those scans are from because I'd love to read that. But my point I that

1. Sentry has no special reaistance to magnetism

2. Mags has 24 hours prep

3. Sentry does have iron in his blood.

So maybe sentry wins or maybe magneti wins. I just wanted to prove thi battle IS NOT SPITE. that's what I've been arguing the whole time.

Starting from no 3, Sentry isnt just normal hero, we know very little about what he is. He has literally more times than one actually called force of nature as opposed to normal human. We know Sentry, out of control turns into Void starts morphing , changing his shape as he pleases etc.

So i dont think you can use the generic argument about Sentry blood having iron.

Even if we go with that, what exactly is Magneto going to do, pull out his blood. He has been torn apart by Molecule Man and that still did not stop him, what makes you think anything Magneto can dish out will stop him though??

As per where the scans are from, the first set of scans relating to his speed are from Uncanny Avengers # 10, which came out only last Wednesday. Scans with Molecule Man as from Dark Avengers # 12. Scans with his wife and him being called is from Dark Avengers # 13. And last peice of recap page calling him the out of control force of nature is from Seige # 4.

I am nto saying its Spite, which would illude to you making an intentional mis-match, but rather its one sided. Given what Sentry can do he should simply be far more powerful than Magneto, and current Magneto's powers are broken btw, he cant use them as well, after AvX.

#71 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3 said:

@carter_esque said:

@sog7dc said:

And yet Thor killed him...with his inferior power...

Wasn't that a mercy killing though? Thor couldn't kill Bob if Bob didn't wanna be killed by him and you know that.

@cgoodness said:

@carter_esque: you do know that thor blasted sentry to just a fried skeleton in siege right?

And yet he's still more powerful than Thor so... where are you going w/ this again?

#72 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenphoenix: Your missing my fundamental point. Idk who would win r lose. I was simply proving that this thread was not Made to be spite or anything like that. I made it a fair fight. If mags still loses then he still loses. But it not spite. That's alll I wanted to prove

#73 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Ok all that is fine with me. My point was this: I followed the forum rules and made a fight I truly believed to be fair and I did not have a winer in mind. If sentry is that powerful then I was ignorant to that. But from what I've kernes about magnetos abilities it led me to believe that he was a match for sentry with prep and his power of iron in blood and his brain shutdown ability. So while sentry may win. That's fine by me. I don't care who wins. I do however care about being flagged by people who got made because they thought I was being spiteful. But I appreciate your response and you're kindness

#74 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

Honestly, I understand that you might have made this thread because of the Magneto vs Superman thread, but Sentry is just so powerful it's not even funny.

He's a shapeshifter and a force of nature itself.

#75 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium:

Honestly I want to apologize to you if you felt at all like i offended you. I hope

I didn't but if j did I offer my apologies I had a rough day and I haven't seen my big sister in two years blah blah blah. But if you felt offended Im truly sorry. But back on topic I did make this because of that thread. And I still don't believe mags has a prayer against supes, sentry, or Hyperion or Thor etc. But those are different debates for different threads. And sentry may win here but I had no clue sentry could come backfrom death. That's kinda ridiculous if you ask me. Death should mean death lol. But yeah. Thanks for the debates. It's what I come to this site for

#76 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@thedarklordpandamonium:

Honestly I want to apologize to you if you felt at all like i offended you. I hope

I didn't but if j did I offer my apologies I had a rough day and I haven't seen my big sister in two years blah blah blah. But if you felt offended Im truly sorry. But back on topic I did make this because of that thread. And I still don't believe mags has a prayer against supes, sentry, or Hyperion or Thor etc. But those are different debates for different threads. And sentry may win here but I had no clue sentry could come backfrom death. That's kinda ridiculous if you ask me. Death should mean death lol. But yeah. Thanks for the debates. It's what I come to this site for

Welcome to comics, where death means absolute squat =P

#77 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

Nah man it's perfectly fine.

The only issue with Mags vs Supes, Hyperion, or Thor is that with prep he just amps himself to OBSCENE levels. I mean with Dr. Doom, etc you can make arguments, but wtf are you going to do against a shield that could legitimately tank a supernova going off of calcs?

But Sentry is just on a completely different level than all of them.

@killemall: Does Sentry have his own series in NOW!

#78 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: Hell no or I'd by the shit out of that shit......sorry mods. And about sentry being on another level; one of the things I'm absolutely hating about comics is the damn inconsistency. Here sentry looks like he's stronger than te surfer or better yet sentry=superman+MM. But over in a supes v sentry thread, the consensus is that supes stomps HARD.....ugh so frustrating

#79 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenphoenix: And you too phoenix. If I offended you I'm sorry. I'm an emotional guy and today has been pretty rough. I'm not sorry for what I was saying but if how I said it or how I came off offended you I apologize and hope you can forgive me

#80 Edited by Killemall (18167 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, he is however currently running around as the resurrected 4 Horseman of Apocalypse, he has literally appeared in 2 issues so far, one where he just saw him and he did nothing, and this is the second issue where he is clearly over the top.

And after this Remender said next issue there will be a epic clash between Thor and Sentry, i just cant understand how thats possible given Thor with both hands couldnt even break Sentry's grip, and Sentry was using 1 hand. Speed alone disoriented him.

#81 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

Nope, he is however currently running around as the resurrected 4 Horseman of Apocalypse, he has literally appeared in 2 issues so far, one where he just saw him and he did nothing, and this is the second issue where he is clearly over the top.

And after this Remender said next issue there will be a epic clash between Thor and Sentry, i just cant understand how thats possible given Thor with both hands couldnt even break Sentry's grip, and Sentry was using 1 hand. Speed alone disoriented him.

wat...

Damn Marvel

#82 Edited by The_Titan_Lord (4517 posts) - - Show Bio
#83 Posted by Killemall (18167 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Nice scans.

Thanks, and as a hardcore Thanos fan love the name as well as the AV, although i'd personally would have gone with Thanos cover page from Infinity 1. That's just badass.

#84 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@frozenphoenix: And you too phoenix. If I offended you I'm sorry. I'm an emotional guy and today has been pretty rough. I'm not sorry for what I was saying but if how I said it or how I came off offended you I apologize and hope you can forgive me

No dude! It's just a forum lol. We come here to unwind, not to get stressed out. It's all good =)

#85 Posted by Killemall (18167 posts) - - Show Bio

wat...

Damn Marvel

We are going to have a solo series on Sentry soon, it will be called Return of the Fallen Son. At the moment he is going to be a villain. Honestly Sentry alone should be too much for Uncanny Avengers, not sure why they wants the other horsemen :p

#86 Posted by mjolnirson (935 posts) - - Show Bio
#87 Posted by Pipxeroth (500 posts) - - Show Bio

Im too lazy to read the thread but sentry wins

#88 Edited by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio
#89 Edited by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

We are going to have a solo series on Sentry soon, it will be called Return of the Fallen Son. At the moment he is going to be a villain. Honestly Sentry alone should be too much for Uncanny Avengers, not sure why they wants the other horsemen :p

Wha...?! *drops dead*

Don't you mean more like that the next Uncanny Avengers issue will be a big issue for the Sentry, where one of the sneak peak sentences is "Rebirth of a fallen son"?

#90 Posted by Killemall (18167 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:

Wha...?! *drops dead*

Don't you mean more like that the next Uncanny Avengers issue will be a big issue for the Sentry, where one of the sneak peak sentences is "Rebirth of a fallen son"?

No , in the interview, video interview that is, Remender actually told us he wanted to write Sentry solo and that he will be going to write a whole series on Sentry after Uncanny Avengers # 20 provided its approved by Marvel. Thats one of a huge epic change he wants to add on Marvel. When asked he said Jimmy Chung is the guy he wants to draw it for him. Sentry isnt going to have Void in the issue though, thats something he made clear (assuming Marvel gives him a go ahead) but Sentry will still deal with guilt ( no idea what guilt) and mental unstability.

Did you know Marvel originally asked the 4th horseman to be Ares, Remender himself choose Sentry because of its potential and because he had big plans for him?

Sadly same interview Rick Remender confirmed Sentry no longer has a void and the reason Sentry looks more powerful now is because the death seed amped him up.

#91 Edited by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

@enzeru said:

Wha...?! *drops dead*

No , in the interview, video interview that is, Remender actually told us he wanted to write Sentry solo and that he will be going to write a whole series on Sentry after Uncanny Avengers # 20 ...

DON'T PLAY WITH MY FEELINGS, KILLEMALL!
Gimme that interview. Gimme, gimme, gimme!

Did you know Marvel originally asked the 4th horseman to be Ares, Remender himself choose Sentry because of its potential and because he had big plans for him?

Yeah, lucky me!

Sadly same interview Rick Remender confirmed Sentry no longer has a void and the reason Sentry looks more powerful now is because the death seed amped him up.

I should have finished the "How can the Sentry become a better character?" FAQ months ago and tell Remender about it. Dunno about Sentry without Void... it's like something is missing and something IS missing.

#92 Posted by zr0c00l (856 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: im sorry but thismis totally spite. Morals off sentry but not void is dark sentry..... Dark sentry is the one that beat molecule man at controlling molecules. The one that destroyed asgard and ripped ares in half. Even if mags blood rip worked hed laugh it off, it wouldnt do anything. And if magneto shut his brain off then void will come out or hed just negate it with his matter manipulation. Its totally ine sided thus stomp.

#93 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

To the people who are saying that morals off Sentry equals Void ... That's wrong.

Sentry doesn't have any morals. He does stuff for the greater good. Since he has no morals, he doesn't have problems with ripping people in half.
He did it to Le Fay, Carnage and Ares. He doesn't have problems with sacrificing people like he would have in his fight with Photon, where Captain America was in danger, but Sentry was not all too bothered about him. When he fully transformed into the Sentry at the beginning he saw thugs beating up a guy, but he didn't intervene and kept going towards the Watchtower, where he was hoping to find clues.
It's certainly not like he is evil or something, but by killing villains he prevents them from harming other people. And we still saw him thinking about casualities, while he did other things, which fit better into the bigger picture.

So yeah, morals mean nothing... and on topic: He wins. It's highly debatable if Magneto can affect someone that durable fast enough and it's also debatable if Magneto's shields can protect him from the Sentry, who easily broke through Doctor Doom's shields before and Doom was absorbing cosmic blasts left and right throughout his career.

I see Magneto getting Ares'd in this fight.

#94 Posted by Killemall (18167 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:

DON'T PLAY WITH MY FEELINGS, KILLEMALL!
Gimme that interview. Gimme, gimme, gimme!

Like i told S_G i dont actually keep links, i only cut and save stuffs related to Battles , sorry.

And its still unconfirmed, and isnt coming out before a year so chill :p

Yeah, lucky me!

I should have finished the "How can the Sentry become a better character?" FAQ months ago, to told Remender about it. Dunno about Sentry without Void... it's like something is missing and something IS missing.

If there is one writer i trust writing Sentry it would be Remender (and also Jonathan Hickman) he is going to do a great job.

I believe in Remender :)

#95 Posted by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

this is not a mismatch at all. obviously the moderators agree because it is not locked.

#96 Posted by zr0c00l (856 posts) - - Show Bio

@cfrehse: ummmm its 5am theres been a madara vs goku thread up for hours..... Pretty sure the mods are asleep

#97 Posted by boschePG (2155 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Sentry was able to take on the Molecule man. He came back from death against Morgan LeFey and then ripped her in half.

#98 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio
#99 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

Why hasn't this been locked yet???

#100 Posted by comic_book_fan (5177 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall:

nothing is faster than the silver surfer in the marvel universe that version of sentry is powered by celestial armor.

regular sentry has been knocked on his ass by magneto.