Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlackDove

Magneto
Magneto

VS

Raven
Raven

Battle # 1

• Both start off 50 feet away airborne
  • Random encounter
  • Morals on
  • Win by K.O.

Battle #2

• Both start off 100 feet away airborne
  • Knowledge of each others powers
  • Morals off
  • Win my K.O. or death

(Please use logic and reasoning)

Who wins???

Avatar image for marveljackass433
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MarvelJackAss433

I'd say Mags would win first round,but two will be very hard.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Well, none of Raven's mind control tricks(I'm assuming she has them) would work on Mags. So basically his mind is out of reach for her. Magneto puts her in a gravity squeeze, MvC3 style, and squeezes the life out of her. Unless Raven is able to get off some quick attacks to stop Mags from doing anything big. I say this comes down to spells vs. throwing of metal. Gonna go with Magneto for both rounds though, he has encountered worse and has far more years of experience.

MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MarvelJackAss433
@Illuminatus: Correct if i'm wrong,but doesn't Raven surpass Trigon if she releases too much power or something like that?
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@MarvelJackAss433: It's possible. Then again, I only know of Raven from the Teen Titans show. Although I've heard she's pretty powerful with magic. Is she at Zatanna levels or higher/lower?

Also, Mags can create force fields and/or bring metal around him to create a second shield of sorts. She would have to release quite a bit of energy to knock out ol' Erik.
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MarvelJackAss433
@Illuminatus: The majority people believe Raven surpasses Zatanna.
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@MarvelJackAss433: Huh. Well then she would be more than just a handful. I still give it too Erik, out of his sheer amount of experience and resourcefulness, but Raven wouldn't go down easily.
Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Aqua11500

Raven on both occasions,though match 1 could honestly go either way.

Raven's just too versatile for him,and powers work around speed of thought. She doesn't have to try and telepathically probe Eric(which he has that helmet and tp resistance) She can just frak his emotions away making him forget why he was fighting in the first place.

No one injured or harmed,everyone goes home safe :)

Raven emotions rapes Magz

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Aqua11500: Wouldn't Magneto's helmet prevent Raven from going after his emotions? After all, they are a part of the mind, and his mind is protected by the helmet. Or is it a spell that can bypass the helmet's defenses?
Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Aqua11500
@Illuminatus said:
@Aqua11500: Wouldn't Magneto's helmet prevent Raven from going after his emotions? After all, they are a part of the mind, and his mind is protected by the helmet. Or is it a spell that can bypass the helmet's defenses?
No because the way Raven manipulates emotions isn't a mind thing,it's a part of your soul.she can also project her soul self at him.

emotions scientifically speaking are a mind thing too,but a lot of people spiritually believe that emotions are connected to the soul and what you are feeling,and Raven has been shown several times maniupalting people in this manner.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Storm Calling

Raven may have trouble with Magneto's superior reaction time. If she does lose this battle it will be only because of that. So if Magneto fails to strike first, Raven should best him every time.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Aqua11500: Hmm. Interesting point.
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EpitomeofCool

raven....

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Roddy010

I think Magneto in the first round and Raven the second round....

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By nefarious

I think Magneto would win round 1 and in round two...he could win....maybe.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#16  Edited By Outside_85

In round 1 I'd go with Magneto for the majority due to sheer level of power and xp. Granted Raven could win it, if she can get close and pull that trick she pulled on Bombshell once and freeze him for a sufficient amount of time. Alternatively theres the emotional manipulation, but i am hesitant about naming it, as its unclear to me if it is rooted in his mind or not.

Round 2: Think Mags will have a sense of dejavu from when he faced the demon possesed Wolverine.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By TDK_1997

1.Magneto
2.Raven

Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Susanoo
@Aqua11500 said:

@Illuminatus said:

No because the way Raven manipulates emotions isn't a mind thing,it's a part of your soul.she can also project her soul self at him.
emotions scientifically speaking are a mind thing too,but a lot of people spiritually believe that emotions are connected to the soul and what you are feeling,and Raven has been shown several times maniupalting people in this manner.

Logically hun, emotions are produced by a chemical release inside your brain (I know you said it) but I agree with the spiritual part above the scientific one. However, in a debate, science is always > spiritual, philosophy, occult, or whatever just because. And this battle is virtually near impossible to determine who wins because this is a "whoever pulls the trigger type of scenario type of thing but I'll do my best :P. Magnetos baseline synapse is superior to Ravens. True, her attack does speed at the speed of thought but thats only if she fires it off.

Magneto = classic Quicksilver and Raven = Storm. Quicksilver is far superior to Storm in speed but Storms lightning is far faster than QS ONLY IF she fires it off. Due to this reasoning, Magneto wins.

Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon

Raven stomps in both fights. 

BlackDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BlackDove
@Susanoo: Well put.
sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By sa5m

Magneto for the 1, Raven for 2.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Susanoo
I agree with this logic here.

Magneto for the win in both rounds.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Storm Calling

I don't agree entirely with his logic because Raven's powers don't work before a conscious thought. Storm's reaction allows her to block attacks that can take out Northstar, who is also a speedster like quicksilver. Raven is more or so equal to Jean or Emma in reaction. But still, Magneto is overall faster than she is...

Avatar image for teamextrodinary15
teamextrodinary15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 Probably Magneto

2 Raven

Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Susanoo
@Storm Calling said:

I don't agree entirely with his logic because Raven's powers don't work before a conscious thought. Storm's reaction allows her to block attacks that can take out Northstar, who is also a speedster like quicksilver. Raven is more or so equal to Jean or Emma in reaction. But still, Magneto is overall faster than she is...

That's why I gave Magneto the win for both rounds. His reaction speed is nearly 15x greater than a person. So technically, he stomps. Why a stomp? Because speed determines a stomp or not. Example? Superman and Hulk.

marvellover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By marvellover1
1 Magneto
2 Raven
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Storm Calling
@Susanoo said:
@Storm Calling said:

That's why I gave Magneto the win for both rounds. His reaction speed is nearly 15x greater than a person. So technically, he stomps. Why a stomp? Because speed determines a stomp or not. Example? Superman and Hulk.

Yes, I agreed with that.
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Roddy010
@Storm Calling said:
@Susanoo said:
@Storm Calling said:

Yes, I agreed with that.
Raven was able to freeze Bombshell who has superhuman abilities, and flight speed at mach 3 in ....She was also able to erase Wally West's mind in their first encounter and he thinks faster than the speed of thought....
dewboy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 17

#29  Edited By dewboy01

raven's hot, i have to choose her to win.
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Susanoo
@Roddy010 said:

@Storm Calling said:

@Susanoo said:

@Storm Calling said:

Yes, I agreed with that.

Raven was able to freeze Bombshell who has superhuman abilities, and flight speed at mach 3 in ....She was also able to erase Wally West's mind in their first encounter and he thinks faster than the speed of thought....

If Wally truly wanted to speed up his mind to negate telepathy, he would've. A human in comics (Batman) can dodge bullets. Magneto has 15x faster reaction speed than that. Unless you can prove to me how fast Ravens is, Mag wins.
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Roddy010
@Susanoo said:
@Roddy010 said:

@Storm Calling said:

@Susanoo said:

@Storm Calling said:

Yes, I agreed with that.

If Wally truly wanted to speed up his mind to negate telepathy, he would've. A human in comics (Batman) can dodge bullets. Magneto has 15x faster reaction speed than that. Unless you can prove to me how fast Ravens is, Mag wins.
I agree that Mags wins the first round but I'm not too sure about the second round....That's all I pretty much know about Raven's speed...If I find any more and possibly some scans I'll post...
Avatar image for marvelhouseofstormscarletwitch
MarvelHouseofstormscarletwitch_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magneto first,
raven second.
but overall hard
to say.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Roddy010
@Susanoo: Okay here we have Red Star who has superhuman speed and reflexes, He even stomped the Teen Titans which included Speedy and Raven was still able to manipulate his emotions with her soul self and caused him to sleep....
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for marvelhouseofstormscarletwitch
MarvelHouseofstormscarletwitch_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Susanoo
@Roddy010 said:

@Susanoo: Okay here we have Red Star who has superhuman speed and reflexes, He even stomped the Teen Titans which included Speedy and Raven was still able to manipulate his emotions with her soul self and caused him to sleep....

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I don't see him blitzing her or anything. She also sneak attacked him. Read page 1 to see why I said Magneto wins.
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Roddy010
@Susanoo: She had just arrived to the fight before that he was stomping the Titans which included Speedy, Robin, Starfire, Cyborg and Donna Troy....He could have evaded her just as he did the others but couldn't...
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Susanoo
@Roddy010
You can't really evade these types of powers at all. Ones like Ravens or Magnetos or Professor X.
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Roddy010
@Susanoo said:
@Roddy010: You can't really evade these types of powers at all. Ones like Ravens or Magnetos or Professor X.
True you're right...
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Magneto wins.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Storm Calling
@Roddy010 said:

@Storm Calling said:

@Susanoo said:
@Storm Calling said:

Yes, I agreed with that.
If he were blitzing her then I could take that into consideration Roddy. However, he's just standing there and doing nothing as Raven attacked. Storm has blocked optic beams with lightning after it was fired into her position with no warning. That is a true feat of reacting to something moving at super human speeds. That feat only proves that her powers work at the speed of thought, as Jean or other telekinetics do.
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Susanoo
@Storm Calling
Storm has weather empathy. She can sense a slight shift in the atmosphere and therefore, get ready to dodge Cyclops optic beams before it happens.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Storm Calling
@Susanoo said:
@Storm Calling: Storm has weather empathy. She can sense a slight shift in the atmosphere and therefore, get ready to dodge Cyclops optic beams before it happens.
Well didn't technically want to use that she didn't know it was coming, because she did, just wanted to put it out there that she blocked it after he fired the shot.
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Susanoo
@Storm Calling said:

@Susanoo said:

@Storm Calling: Storm has weather empathy. She can sense a slight shift in the atmosphere and therefore, get ready to dodge Cyclops optic beams before it happens.

Well didn't technically want to use that she didn't know it was coming, because she did, just wanted to put it out there that she blocked it after he fired the shot.

It's automatic. Her version of a "spider sense". Also, Wolverine and Spiderman have dodged Cyclops blast before.
Avatar image for marvelrules2011
marvelrules2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By marvelrules2011

Magneto

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By karrob
@Susanoo said:
@Aqua11500 said:

@Illuminatus said:

Logically hun, emotions are produced by a chemical release inside your brain (I know you said it) but I agree with the spiritual part above the scientific one. However, in a debate, science is always > spiritual, philosophy, occult, or whatever just because. And this battle is virtually near impossible to determine who wins because this is a "whoever pulls the trigger type of scenario type of thing but I'll do my best :P. Magnetos baseline synapse is superior to Ravens. True, her attack does speed at the speed of thought but thats only if she fires it off.

Magneto = classic Quicksilver and Raven = Storm. Quicksilver is far superior to Storm in speed but Storms lightning is far faster than QS ONLY IF she fires it off. Due to this reasoning, Magneto wins.

I like the way you think
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Storm Calling
@Susanoo said:
@Storm Calling said:

@Susanoo said:

It's automatic. Her version of a "spider sense". Also, Wolverine and Spiderman have dodged Cyclops blast before.
After it was fired? and even then both of them have superhuman reflexes, Raven does not.
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Susanoo
@karrob said:

@Susanoo said:

@Aqua11500 said:

@Illuminatus said:

I like the way you think

Thanks ^^

@Storm Calling

said:

@Susanoo said:

@Storm Calling said:

@Susanoo said:

After it was fired? and even then both of them have superhuman reflexes, Raven does not.

Yes. Storm doesn't have superhuman reflexes, she has weather and atmospheric empathy. Magneto can augment himself physically due to his powers.
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Roddy010
@Storm Calling: True I agree...The only reason I beleive Raven would win in the second round is because Magneto has been affect by psi-powers from the likes of Charles and Jean Grey both who don't have superhuman reflexes...Empathy is a psi-power and as you said works at the speed of thought....
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Roddy010

Also I would like to point out that each  having ininstance that was shown for Magneto having enhanced reflexes only works for when Mags is up against speedsters or people with superhuman abilities without any real raw power(i.e. street level characters such as wolverine, quicksilver. northstar and collosus) I've never seen him use his enhanced reflexes on psi-powered mutants like Jean and Charles, which is why I give Raven a win in the second round...She won't hesitate with morals off...Magneto won't hesitate at all even with morals on and he can rip the iron from her blood, however he would first have to locate it and then proceed to ripp it from her, while all Raven has to do is think and make him relive the holocaust....

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#50  Edited By Outside_85
@Storm Calling said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Storm Calling said:

@Susanoo said:

@Storm Calling said:

Yes, I agreed with that.

Raven was able to freeze   Bombshell who has superhuman abilities, and flight speed at mach 3 in ....She was also able to erase Wally West's mind in their first encounter and he thinks faster than the speed of thought....

If he were blitzing her then I could take that into consideration Roddy. However, he's just standing there and doing nothing as Raven attacked. Storm has blocked optic beams with lightning after it was fired into her position with no warning. That is a true feat of reacting to something moving at super human speeds. That feat only proves that her powers work at the speed of thought, as Jean or other telekinetics do.

Not to review an page long argument, but its not really a feat of Storm to block the optic blasts with lightning, its a reflex. By that I mean, she isnt taking time out to consider how to stop the beam, she just does it.