Magneto vs Professor X

doomsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By doomsummers

No prep time, morals are off, both at full power, they are blood lusted, Charles has full use of his legs.
Round 1 fight is on the Astral plane
Round 2 fight is in a wooden cage the size of the the Danger Room

No Caption Provided
The Opposite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The Opposite

round 1 xavier in close fight 
round 2 magneto

Pacperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pacperson

Charles mind rapes Magneto both rounds.

.....wait....does Mag have his helmet? if so...wouldn't Charles be helpless?

doomsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By doomsummers
@Pacperson: Really? I heard Magneto was able to fight on the Astral plane
The Opposite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The Opposite
@doomsummers said:
@Pacperson: Really? I heard Magneto was able to fight on the Astral plane
magneto is the second strongest mind on earth. his mind is amped through will power and the EM is a part of the power of thought. magneto has battled xavier before and almost won if it wasn't for p.i.s. 

as for the wood... wood is made out of electrons... magneto would use that wood to impale xavier as he resist xaviers powers. 

@Pacperson said:
Charles mind rapes Magneto both rounds.  .....wait....does Mag have his helmet? if so...wouldn't Charles be helpless?
magneto's helmet does not protect him from telepathy. you are thinking about the juggernaut.
Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Deranged Midget

@The Opposite: No... Magneto's helmet is there for the sole purpose of blocking out Charles.

Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@Deranged Midget said:

@The Opposite: No... Magneto's helmet is there for the sole purpose of blocking out Charles.

Wrong. You must be confusing yourself with Movie version Magneto and not the Comic Magneto. Comic 616 Magneto's helmet is there for decor purposes, not to block Xavier's telepathy. Magneto has his own telepathy so why would he need a helmet that protects him from telepathy???
Avatar image for white_angel_of_death
White Angel Of Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cypher's Gambit said:
@Deranged Midget said:

Wrong. You must be confusing yourself with Movie version Magneto and not the Comic Magneto. Comic 616 Magneto's helmet is there for decor purposes, not to block Xavier's telepathy. Magneto has his own telepathy so why would he need a helmet that protects him from telepathy???
I thought his helmet in the comics was to protect him from telepathy cause when he turned up on utopia island he took of his helmet so he didn't have any secrets
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@White Angel Of Death said:
@Cypher's Gambit said:
@Deranged Midget said:

I thought his helmet in the comics was to protect him from telepathy cause when he turned up on utopia island he took of his helmet so he didn't have any secrets
Magneto has telepathy. EM Telepathy or whatever he calls it. He fought Xavier in the astral planes before and he also comatosed Jean Grey once. 

No Caption Provided
Erase your mind if needed be.

No Caption Provided
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@Cypher's Gambit said:
@Deranged Midget said:

It's not really the helmet itself, it's the power Magneto focuses on the helmet. The helmet (as with the rest of his armor) materializes out of air through the iron particles in the environment. It's not like the armor and helmet are stashed inside his closet at home so there's really nothing special about the helmet other than the fact that it is made out of iron particles in the air.
Avatar image for white_angel_of_death
White Angel Of Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cypher's Gambit said:
@Cypher's Gambit said:
@Deranged Midget said:

It's not really the helmet itself, it's the power Magneto focuses on the helmet. The helmet (as with the rest of his armor) materializes out of air through the iron particles in the environment. It's not like the armor and helmet are stashed inside his closet at home so there's really nothing special about the helmet other than the fact that it is made out of iron particles in the air.
ah :-) thanks for the info! :-D
Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#12  Edited By Dracade102

I think it would be a fairer fight if these were the movie versions... 

Regular Mags could win this easily.

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By MrUnknown
@Cypher's Gambit said:
@Cypher's Gambit said:
@Deranged Midget said:

ah :-) thanks for the info! :-D
So in other words, he's naked all the time?
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14  Edited By SC  Moderator

I know someone already addressed this for you, but this can also be chalked up to the writer (Fraction) just not knowing jack about X-Men history. Unfortunately there is even a real possibility that Magneto's natural resistance to telepathy for 30 plus years in comics may have a soft retcon given the movies, Ultimate and just examples like the one you mention implying or demonstrating thats why Magneto needs his helmut. 
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@SC said:
 I know someone already addressed this for you, but this can also be chalked up to the writer (Fraction) just not knowing jack about X-Men history. Unfortunately there is even a real possibility that Magneto's natural resistance to telepathy for 30 plus years in comics may have a soft retcon given the movies, Ultimate and just examples like the one you mention implying or demonstrating thats why Magneto needs his helmut. 
It's not just Fraction. In some instances, his helmet has been laced with telepathy blocking circuitry. In others, it's simply his powers. It's been going on for years. Depends on the writer, but most seem to agree that it's just based on his powers. 
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@Lance Uppercut said:
@SC said:
It's not just Fraction. In some instances, his helmet has been laced with telepathy blocking circuitry. In others, it's simply his powers. It's been going on for years. Depends on the writer, but most seem to agree that it's just based on his powers. 
Well maybe the circuitry laced helmet was Magneto's way of countering "CERIBRO" rather than just Xavier's power alone. That could be the reason why. After all... When Xavier erased Magneto's mind and absorbed it pre-Onslaught, he was using Ceribro wasn't he?
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cypher's Gambit

Oh... Yes, he WAS using Ceribro! 

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#18  Edited By SC  Moderator
@Lance Uppercut said:

Oh I definitely know its not just Fraction. Its a lot of writers. Brubaker even tried to create an entirely new class of mutant above Omega level. Lots of recent X-Writers mix up and misunderstand the history of characters they write, even some of my favorites like Zeb Wells lol, I have a list of all the writers responsible for these errors and I am currently looking into where they live exactly... I mean uhm mean.. uh... hey... look over there, its a wall covered in my own blood! I mean... uh... 
Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xavier
Magneto

Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@SC said:
@Lance Uppercut said:
 Oh I definitely know its not just Fraction. Its a lot of writers. Brubaker even tried to create an entirely new class of mutant above Omega level. Lots of recent X-Writers mix up and misunderstand the history of characters they write, even some of my favorites like Zeb Wells lol, I have a list of all the writers responsible for these errors and I am currently looking into where they live exactly... I mean uhm mean.. uh... hey... look over there, its a wall covered in my own blood! I mean... uh... 
Haha... You sound/type like you have A.D.H.D
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Round 1: Xavier barely 
Round 2: Magneto
Pacperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pacperson

Wow....lol now i just feel dumb...looks like i need to go back and read some Classic X-men.

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lance Bastro
@Pacperson said:

Wow....lol now i just feel dumb...looks like i need to go back and read some Classic X-men.

nah, no need for that. probably the reason why you must have forgetten is probably because you don't spend your whole life reading comics... and that's a good thing! 
 but not you know.... and knowing is half of the battle.
gibbs7596

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Professor x

Myst1que

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

his mind is amped through will power and the EM is a part of the power of thought.

I thought he used his 'EM Telepathy' by manipulating the electromagnetic brainwaves in people's brains

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have thought Charles, but maybe not...

Mageto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreeing with Cypher's Gambit. In the comic's his helmet does have affect against telepathic attacks, but it's useless against Charles. In the movies, Magneto's helmet render's X's attack useless, but they nerf Erik (or Magnus) Lensherr's telepathic abilities. However, since the wood contains electrons and sadly our blood contains iron, Magneto is Omnipotent against everything except death.

winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate how the xmen writers destroyed the friendship between Charles and magneto. It was one of the most interesting relationships in comics.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Professor X

Adam_Taurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Adam_Taurus

I Dunno much about X, but I know mags can use his powers to resist telepathy to some degree.

I say mags so I can learn more about X.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adam_taurus: fatal attractions it is full of great feats for both of them we see magneto own the x-men and emp the entire world than we see xavier own him twice first Charles is holding back and forces a retreat than at the end charles puts him down.

Adam_Taurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers