• 49 results
#1 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto is at his standard power-level, but let's give him the white costume since it looks so cool. Mirror Master can use Pre-Flashpoint feats, no Pre-Crisis stuff though.

The combatants start 40 feet away in an abandoned city setting at three in the afternoon. They are both morals on but are in it to win it.

#2 Edited by KnightOfZero (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, assuming that mirror master doesn't insta bar magneto, or magneto doesn't rip out the iron from mirror master's blood, I think magneto can do it.

Mirror master will screw around with mirrors and annoy magneto, and magneto will rage quit and shove a building into mirror master's ass (or break all of his mirrors with the building before shoving it in his ass)

#3 Edited by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightofzero: You forgot the part where he walks over with his good buddy Professor X and shoves his wheelchair up his ass.

#4 Posted by Thanofleeze (2429 posts) - - Show Bio

Aren't mirrors made of glass and metal? lol

#5 Posted by KnightOfZero (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosfleeze

I never said he breaks the glass using his powers. I said that he breaks the mirrors by crashing a building into them

#6 Posted by Thanofleeze (2429 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightofzero: Yeah but he could technically break the mirrors in themselves too.

#7 Edited by comic_book_fan (5255 posts) - - Show Bio

magneto

#8 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7742 posts) - - Show Bio

could go either way

#9 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan: @laughingstock: @knightofzero:

I don't know fellows, Magneto's helmet is awfully shiny.... Could be a life or death level problem for him against him against a guy like Mirror Master.

Just sayin'...

#10 Posted by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: Mirror Master just dropped the soap in the showers, and Magneto is standing right next to him.

#11 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@laughingstock: Mirror Master just dropped the soap in the showers, and Magneto is standing right next to him.

That's clever. but while DC Comics hasn't come out and affirmatively stated that Mirror Master has a Metagene (and therefore has superhuman powers), his ability to frustrate the reaction time of the "Fastest Man Alive" for decades from point blank range is obviously superhuman. He could effortlessly suck Magneto into his own helmet and/or his shoulder armor in microseconds like he has done to so many others that are too numerous to count. As just ONE possibility. He has several others at his disposal. At that point, Magneto wouldn't even be in this universe anymore. And he'd have no means to bring himself back to this universe under his own power.

#12 Edited by JwwProd (8647 posts) - - Show Bio

Good fight though I think I will go with Mirror Master.

#13 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

magneto has faster reflexes so i'll go with magneto unless he uses his reaction time to just throw some metal at mirror master. if he does then i go with MM

#14 Edited by comic_book_fan (5255 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: true but isn't mirror master's weapons metal and on run off some form of electrical power.

#15 Posted by dondave (34422 posts) - - Show Bio

Evan

#16 Posted by Beware_My_Power (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread needs more attention, it's a very nice battle

#17 Posted by reaverlation (13944 posts) - - Show Bio

Evan

#18 Posted by comic_book_fan (5255 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: let me guess because he is faster and could out react magneto without good reason even though the tec he uses is made of metal and magneto would crush it from the get go.

#19 Posted by XiiX (7426 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto has much faster reaction time. This is a stomp. He can manipulate everything that makes MM dangerous and counter him, and any tricks MM tries to play Mags can see through since he senses through the EM field (that's assuming Mags doesn't just insta wreck him).

#21 Posted by Beware_My_Power (2899 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by dondave (34422 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by Lord44 (1346 posts) - - Show Bio

#24 Posted by reaverlation (13944 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

#25 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

@beware_my_power:

Yes he can. Magneto has manipulated everything from gold to paper, ceramics to people. He is not now, nor has he ever been limited to only metal. He has subatomic manipulation. He can directly manipulate the electron bonds that hold the mirrors and Mirror Master himself together. He has 15 times faster reaction time. To say nothing of manipulating the entire electromagnetic spectrum which includes all visible and non-visible light which is necessary for mirrors to function. He can manipulate all forms of radiation. He has shields capable of withstanding hits from Phoenix and Galactus. What exactly will MM do to him? Even if he somehow get's Mags through a mirror, Magneto has opened traversible wormholes and he's opened extradimensional doorways because he could sense the tears in the EM field they had caused before. Magneto wins pretty easily any of a variety of ways.

#26 Posted by Beware_My_Power (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@yodagod: nothing wrong with your post, but why 15 times? Did you do calculations or something?

#28 Posted by Beware_My_Power (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix: apparently yoda god already countered that, magneto has a 15 times better reaction time. Plus he can target Evan specifically if he gets into his eyes...

#29 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

@beware_my_power:

It's an official part of his powerset. His reflexes are enhanced. It's actually 14.5 times faster than human officially. I was rounding up.

#30 Posted by Beware_My_Power (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: have anything to say about Evan having a normal human's reaction time?

#31 Edited by captaincoldsnart (5 posts) - - Show Bio

#32 Posted by Jacthripper (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto Vaporizes McCulloch

#33 Edited by comic_book_fan (5255 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: lol you damn right i have issues and if you bought a couple more you would know magneto stomps.

#34 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan:

@heraldofganthet: true but isn't mirror master's weapons metal and on run off some form of electrical power.

This is a great question. I'm unaware if the composition of MM's weaponry/its power source(s), so I find myself at a loss to offer you a satisfactory answer to your inquiry. We do know that he's shown a reaction time that has consistently escaped point blank speedblitzes from people as fast at the Flash family with no difficulty at all.

As to exactly how he does this, you may need the expertise of 'Viners like @thetruebarryallen or @nickthedevil to school you on those particulars...

#35 Posted by comic_book_fan (5255 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: show some scans in the late 80's early 90's flash could only break the sound barrier.

and just because flash is the fastest comic character ever doesn't mean he is always going full speed and they have admitted that the keep cold around to slow flash down cause none of them can react fast enough to keep up with him.

#36 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7742 posts) - - Show Bio

Mirror Master ftw

#37 Edited by highaccuser (5534 posts) - - Show Bio

Mirror master any day, all day. 10/10

#38 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: @comic_book_fan: I see I was called?

As to exactly how he does this, you may need the expertise of 'Viners like @thetruebarryallen or @nickthedevil to school you on those particulars...

The teacher is here - welcome to the Physics and Engineering of Mirror Master 101; class is now in session.

How does Mirror Master's Technology Work?

This is actually a pretty good question, because at first glance he looks like a buffoon wearing an orange and green jumpsuit with some sort of silly laser blaster that he carries around with him.

To explain how his abilities & technology works we've gotta review a short history lesson from back in the Silver Age.

Mirror Master all began in the Silver Age with the character known as Samuel Scudder. Scudder was a lowly convict who was sentenced to working in a mirror factory where he mixed chemicals that went into mirrors for their creation. One day Scudder mixed the wrong sort of chemicals and created a new mirror with strange properties - he was instructed to toss this away as a defective product but he kept it and learned all of it's secret abilities.

Mirror Master eventually created some equipment to go along with his new discovery - such as his suit, blaster, and a variety of pocket mirrors.

The Blaster - I do believe that the gun does run off of some sort of electrical power; in Flash Issue 133 'Through the Looking Glass' Flash is able to take out some sort of chip within Mirror Master's blaster & crush it. I assume that this chip required electrical power to work.

The Mirrors - See Mirror Master doesn't need the blaster to use his mirrors - he's still able to move through reflective surfaces just fine. He also carries pocket mirrors with him that are most likely coated in the same chemicals that Scudder found creating the first odd mirror.

Since when Scudder died his equipment was given to McCulloch - the mirrors are still probably covered in the same chemical mixture.

So while his blaster may require power - his other mirrors do not, and are in fact a strange chemical mixture that give them their odd properties.

#39 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11785 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by comic_book_fan (5255 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

if it's a chemical that allows him to do this then why can he go through things that have not had the chemical on them.

#41 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

I see I was called?

The teacher is here - welcome to the Physics and Engineering of Mirror Master 101; class is now in session.

How does Mirror Master's Technology Work?

This is actually a pretty good question, because at first glance he looks like a buffoon wearing an orange and green jumpsuit with some sort of silly laser blaster that he carries around with him.

To explain how his abilities & technology works we've gotta review a short history lesson from back in the Silver Age.

Mirror Master all began in the Silver Age with the character known as Samuel Scudder. Scudder was a lowly convict who was sentenced to working in a mirror factory where he mixed chemicals that went into mirrors for their creation. One day Scudder mixed the wrong sort of chemicals and created a new mirror with strange properties - he was instructed to toss this away as a defective product but he kept it and learned all of it's secret abilities.

Mirror Master eventually created some equipment to go along with his new discovery - such as his suit, blaster, and a variety of pocket mirrors.

The Blaster - I do believe that the gun does run off of some sort of electrical power; in Flash Issue 133 'Through the Looking Glass' Flash is able to take out some sort of chip within Mirror Master's blaster & crush it. I assume that this chip required electrical power to work.

The Mirrors - See Mirror Master doesn't need the blaster to use his mirrors - he's still able to move through reflective surfaces just fine. He also carries pocket mirrors with him that are most likely coated in the same chemicals that Scudder found creating the first odd mirror.

Since when Scudder died his equipment was given to McCulloch - the mirrors are still probably covered in the same chemical mixture.

So while his blaster may require power - his other mirrors do not, and are in fact a strange chemical mixture that give them their odd properties.

Gangsta. You sir, are 'da man!

#42 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

if it's a chemical that allows him to do this then why can he go through things that have not had the chemical on them.

It's fairly possible his suit is coated with it too - you're questioning the logic behind a man who can move through reflective surfaces.

#43 Posted by comic_book_fan (5255 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Eisenfauste (7314 posts) - - Show Bio

Could go either way IMO

#45 Posted by DarthAznable (5810 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll back Evan. I think he has the variety to overcome Mags.

#46 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

You want to talk about versatility? Do I really need to post scans of Magneto being invisible, tanking 100 ton blows, opening wormholes and dimensional rifts, casually flying an asteroid the size of the state of New York around the planet, lifting an entire nation free from the Earth, ripping people apart, and manipulating subatomic particles, plus catching lightspeed characters, not to mention having 15 times faster reaction time, or being able to astrally attack which he can also do, and is even faster? Cuz I have them all. And that barely scratches the surface of his abilities. How about holding every single building of an entire city together and preventing damage while repairing a fault line to stop an Earthquake? How about holding a collapsing Celestial together and functioning as its central nervous system? Or him just casually hanging out in space or creating global EMP's that shut down the entire planet's electronics? Need a lobotomy? Mags can do that. Go the other way and repair some brain damage? Mags can do that too. He can turn off your brain and prevent you from being able to function in any way, and he even has three or four ways of doing just that one ability. This is ridiculous. Mirror Master literally can't do anything to Magneto. All of MM's best feats were accomplished with prep time and traps, neither of which he gets here, and neither of which will help him against someone who senses through and manipulates the entire electromagnetic spectrum. And even if they did, don't help with someone who can create traversible freaking wormholes.

#47 Posted by nickthedevil (11592 posts) - - Show Bio

@yodagod said:

You want to talk about versatility? Do I really need to post scans of Magneto being invisible, tanking 100 ton blows, opening wormholes and dimensional rifts, casually flying an asteroid the size of the state of New York around the planet, lifting an entire nation free from the Earth, ripping people apart, and manipulating subatomic particles, plus catching lightspeed characters, not to mention having 15 times faster reaction time, or being able to astrally attack which he can also do, and is even faster? Cuz I have them all. And that barely scratches the surface of his abilities. How about holding every single building of an entire city together and preventing damage while repairing a fault line to stop an Earthquake? How about holding a collapsing Celestial together and functioning as its central nervous system? Or him just casually hanging out in space or creating global EMP's that shut down the entire planet's electronics? Need a lobotomy? Mags can do that. Go the other way and repair some brain damage? Mags can do that too. He can turn off your brain and prevent you from being able to function in any way, and he even has three or four ways of doing just that one ability. This is ridiculous. Mirror Master literally can't do anything to Magneto. All of MM's best feats were accomplished with prep time and traps, neither of which he gets here, and neither of which will help him against someone who senses through and manipulates the entire electromagnetic spectrum. And even if they did, don't help with someone who can create traversible freaking wormholes.

Did you know that the word "Noon" Comes from the Latin phrase, "Nona Hora" which means the ninth hour?

See? I too can bring things into the conversation that have no real impact on anything that's been said before.

The argument's been made, and you brought nothing to the table here. Mirror Master would destroy Magneto 10/10.

the only way Mags would win is if Evan started this match already dead.

#48 Posted by Shot (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

lol Mirror Master turns Magneto to glass.

#49 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil:

How does Magneto having superior versatility and greater abilities bring nothing to the table? Give MM a year prep and start the battle with Mags asleep and Mags still wins. I can play that game too. Mine is more plausible. Give me a single way Evan can win in any form. How can he hurt Magneto in any way? Mags has complete control of not only his own structure down the Subatomic level, but also Mirror Master's and everything MM uses. Mags can't be trapped here either so again how does MM win? Ohhh Mirror Master can physically hurt and tank with hundred class characters, oh no that's not right. But he can defeat the Phoenix Force itself with his greater energy control, no no that's not right either. Well certainly he's beaten Omega level reality warpers who've never actually been defeated before, like Proteus. Not that either. Well he's survived the complete destruction of his body before right? No. He's converted both himself and his follower into pure energy and crossed the galaxy. Not that either. He can shut down other peoples neural systems? No? Ohhh right. It's Magneto who can do all that. Seriously. We'll ignore Magneto's legit reaction feats well above anything MM has and give Evan a free shot. You tell me a single way MM can harm Magneto at all. Any way at all that can bypass both his shields and his durability. Something that can overpower his own control against transmutation. Something that can trap him anywhere he can't immediately get out of either by manipulating the trap itself (easy), opening a wormhole to get out (more challenging), or tearing a hole through a dimension (harder but doable). Anything.

#50 Edited by nickthedevil (11592 posts) - - Show Bio

@yodagod said:

@nickthedevil:

How does Magneto having superior versatility and greater abilities bring nothing to the table? Give MM a year prep and start the battle with Mags asleep and Mags still wins. I can play that game too. Mine is more plausible. Give me a single way Evan can win in any form. How can he hurt Magneto in any way? Mags has complete control of not only his own structure down the Subatomic level, but also Mirror Master's and everything MM uses. Mags can't be trapped here either so again how does MM win? Ohhh Mirror Master can physically hurt and tank with hundred class characters, oh no that's not right. But he can defeat the Phoenix Force itself with his greater energy control, no no that's not right either. Well certainly he's beaten Omega level reality warpers who've never actually been defeated before, like Proteus. Not that either. Well he's survived the complete destruction of his body before right? No. He's converted both himself and his follower into pure energy and crossed the galaxy. Not that either. He can shut down other peoples neural systems? No? Ohhh right. It's Magneto who can do all that. Seriously. We'll ignore Magneto's legit reaction feats well above anything MM has and give Evan a free shot. You tell me a single way MM can harm Magneto at all. Any way at all that can bypass both his shields and his durability. Something that can overpower his own control against transmutation. Something that can trap him anywhere he can't immediately get out of either by manipulating the trap itself (easy), opening a wormhole to get out (more challenging), or tearing a hole through a dimension (harder but doable). Anything.

Now you're just spouting incoherent nonsense. I couldn't read through all that, so I'm answering what I could make out.

Give me these scans. Give me this proof that he can willingly open portals to other dimensions, know exactly what dimension he's going to, and how much of his stamina it takes for him to do so.

Even better, let me know how he would be aware at all that he was displaced into a different dimension. The Flash, someone who's fought him before and has much better reflexes and reaction time than Magneto didn't notice he was gone.

Or better yet: