#1 Posted by Bart Simpson (536 posts) - - Show Bio

vs

Magneto tries to stop the doomsday machine and it's master. Feel free to use either comic or movie Magneto for this fight. How does this go down?

I say the US government are relieved that Magneto is finally dead. But soon they realize they now have to face a bigger threat.
#2 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt Gort is actually metal. But I haven't seen the movie so I'm not sure.

#3 Posted by Bart Simpson (536 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically GORT is some sort of alien metal, but it's not affected the same way Earth metals are and is immune to magnetism.

#4 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Then I doubt Magneto could win.

#5 Posted by King Saturn (225046 posts) - - Show Bio
I think GORT could beat Magneto...
#6 Posted by Bart Simpson (536 posts) - - Show Bio

Also Keanu Reeves' Klaatu isn't like the humanoid alien from the original film. This version has a bunch of fancy powers and got that body by growing it on Earth.

#7 Posted by King Saturn (225046 posts) - - Show Bio
Bart Simpson said:
"Also Keanu Reeves' Klaatu isn't like the humanoid alien from the original film. This version has a bunch of fancy powers and got that body by growing it on Earth."
You Saw The New Movie ?
#8 Edited by Bart Simpson (536 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I saw the new movie. You guys want to know details of what were some of Keanu's abilities?

#9 Posted by King Saturn (225046 posts) - - Show Bio
Bart Simpson said:
"Yeah I saw the new movie. You guys want to know details of what were some of Keanu's abilities?"
Sure Go Ahead
#10 Posted by Bart Simpson (536 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay here we go. The film never explained what were Keanu's powers, so it's quite hard to say what are his limits, but these are the things Keanu displayed.

SPOILERS A HEAD:

In the scene in the trailer where Keanu is strapped to a lie detector, the scene ends by the lie detector acting funny. The agent asking the questions touches the screen to try and fix it, then gets shocked and falls unconscious. He gets back up, but this time he's being controlled by Keanu who starts extracting info from him. Afterwards all the agents watching the place starts to hear a screech in their heads which causes them to fall to the floor and get immobilized. Keanu just walked out of the facility without any trouble. He uses the immobilizing screech a few other times in the movie.

The scene in that picture of Keanu I posted, a cop tries to apprehend Keanu. Keanu touches his car which causes the car to run over and kill the cop. Later he Keanu repairs the cops broken body and brings him back to life. 

In another scene the military sends helicopters to try and apprehend Keanu. They target and lock onto Keanu. Keanu then actually grabs the cross hairs and moves them away from him before causing the copters to go out of control and crash. 

This is what happens at the end of the film folks, so don't read ahead if you don't want me to spoil it. Keanu returns to the original sphere where he and GORT came out of. The GORT swarm arrives and begins tearing New York apart. He's keeping Jennifer Connelly  and her son alive by holding off the GORT swarm. Then Keanu approaches the sphere, he's inside GORT's killer swarm at this point. He reaches the sphere and at this point Keanu's body gets destroyed. Keanu could exist outside his human body incase anyone is wondering. A sequence happens then GORT is turned off. 

On top of this Keanu is also bilingual and very smart. There's probably more, but that's all I can remember off the top of my head.
#11 Posted by King Saturn (225046 posts) - - Show Bio
Bart Simpson said:
"Okay here we go. The film never explained what were Keanu's powers, so it's quite hard to say what are his limits, but these are the things Keanu displayed.
SPOILERS A HEAD:

In the scene in the trailer where Keanu is strapped to a lie detector, the scene ends by the lie detector acting funny. The agent asking the questions touches the screen to try and fix it, then gets shocked and falls unconscious. He gets back up, but this time he's being controlled by Keanu who starts extracting info from him. Afterwards all the agents watching the place starts to hear a screech in their heads which causes them to fall to the floor and get immobilized. Keanu just walked out of the facility without any trouble. He uses the immobilizing screech a few other times in the movie.

The scene in that picture of Keanu I posted, a cop tries to apprehend Keanu. Keanu touches his car which causes the car to run over and kill the cop. Later he Keanu repairs the cops broken body and brings him back to life. 

In another scene the military sends helicopters to try and apprehend Keanu. They target and lock onto Keanu. Keanu then actually grabs the cross hairs and moves them away from him before causing the copters to go out of control and crash. 

This is what happens at the end of the film folks, so don't read ahead if you don't want me to spoil it. Keanu returns to the original sphere where he and GORT came out of. The GORT swarm arrives and begins tearing New York apart. He's keeping Jennifer Connelly  and her son alive by holding off the GORT swarm. Then Keanu approaches the sphere, he's inside GORT's killer swarm at this point. He reaches the sphere and at this point Keanu's body gets destroyed. Keanu could exist outside his human body incase anyone is wondering. A sequence happens then GORT is turned off. 

On top of this Keanu is also bilingual and very smart. There's probably more, but that's all I can remember off the top of my head.
"
Ah Very Nice
#12 Posted by Bart Simpson (536 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
Ah Very Nice"

So what would be your final verdict?
#13 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

It sounds like he has some sort of technopathy.

#14 Posted by Bart Simpson (536 posts) - - Show Bio
The Man of Yesteryear said:
"It sounds like he has some sort of technopathy."

I was thinking more of some sort of energy manipulation. He affected the human body on numerous occasions and technopathy can't do that. Maybe he has both. So what would people say are Magneto's odd?
#15 Posted by King Saturn (225046 posts) - - Show Bio
Bart Simpson said:
"King Saturn said:
Ah Very Nice"

So what would be your final verdict?
"
I Still Think GORT and Klaatu wins here
#16 Edited by nimrods (264 posts) - - Show Bio

Gort.