#1 Posted by Fetts (4466 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight takes place on an oil rig. No prep.
Round 1: Morals on. Fight is to KO
Round 2: Morals off. Fight is to the death. 
Round 3: Magneto is bloodlusted. Fight is to the death.  

vs 
Kilowog
#2 Posted by WindCloud (2678 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto wins every round.

#3 Posted by bumnut (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll also have to go Mags.

#4 Posted by where4artthoucarlos (246 posts) - - Show Bio

depends on how charged the ring is, if it's at full charge killowog can make a giant fist to and crush magneto, if magneto tries throwing metal he could just put up his shield
#5 Posted by Fetts (4466 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#6 Posted by lantian1 (161 posts) - - Show Bio

Both wield the electromagnetic spectrum

difference is lantern can control gravity, heat light and other fundamental forces with the ring

#7 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

Kilowog will destroy him all 3 rounds he doesnt show mercy to villains anyway so the morals off part is not needed

#8 Posted by super_psycho (2792 posts) - - Show Bio

Any experienced GL can take magneto

#9 Posted by Seth_Olympia (471 posts) - - Show Bio
@where4artthoucarlos said:
depends on how charged the ring is, if it's at full charge killowog can make a giant fist to and crush magneto, if magneto tries throwing metal he could just put up his shield
Magneto also has a shield.
#10 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

Kilowog is one of the most powerful Lanterns of all time you really think Magneto has a chance here? get real

#11 Posted by Baltoro (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto can just telepathically mess up Kilowog's electrons in his brain then skewer him with a spear.  Magneto can also take this fight to the Astral Plane easily.

#12 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio
@IZZR: Magneto is one of the most powerful MUTANTS ever, his shields are unbreakable and he also controls the electromagnetic spectrum itself, that includes water and gamma rays.
#13 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto.

#14 Posted by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

cant see magneto wining this

#15 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio
@PikminMania said:
@IZZR: Magneto is one of the most powerful MUTANTS ever, his shields are unbreakable and he also controls the electromagnetic spectrum itself, that includes water and gamma rays.
I know Mags is super powerful and has on occassion withstood a beam from Galactus but in a real duel he cant take Kilowog, Kilowog travels at speeds faster than light and his energy beams can destroy planets how long can Magneto hold out for?
#16 Posted by Baltoro (1116 posts) - - Show Bio
@IZZR said:
@PikminMania said:
I know Mags is super powerful and has on occassion withstood a beam from Galactus but in a real duel he cant take Kilowog, Kilowog travels at speeds faster than light and his energy beams can destroy planets how long can Magneto hold out for?
Since when did Kilowatt destroy a planet?
#17 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baltoro said:
@IZZR said:
@PikminMania said:
He's a Lantern Elite thats easy for him, he effortlessly flies next to black holes etc i dont think Mags is in his league
#18 Posted by Baltoro (1116 posts) - - Show Bio
@IZZR said:
@Baltoro said:
@IZZR said:
@PikminMania said:
He's a Lantern Elite thats easy for him, he effortlessly flies next to black holes etc i dont think Mags is in his league
Well if Kilo hasn't busted planets then it has to be assumed he can't do it.
#19 Posted by MrDirector786 (43561 posts) - - Show Bio
@IZZR said:
@PikminMania said:
He withstood a beam from Galactus because Galactus was only giving him a warning. He said so himself. If he actually tried, he could have easily killed Magneto. The strongest things I've seen Magneto's shields take are nukes and he struggles to keep his shields up when that happens.
#20 Posted by whydoievenbother (145 posts) - - Show Bio
@PikminMania said:
uh magneto's shields arent even close to unbreakable, freaking cyclops has shattered his shields before.  kilowag could kill ten magnetos if he wanted to
#21 Posted by whydoievenbother (145 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baltoro said:
Magneto can just telepathically mess up Kilowog's electrons in his brain then skewer him with a spear.  Magneto can also take this fight to the Astral Plane easily.
too bad that lantern shields absorb enery including electro magnetic energy...as far as the astral plane goes...besides the fact that magneto hasnt used that ability in decades...magneto has never shown the ability to drag someone into the astral plane...and besides that lantern shields block telepathic assaults anyway

kilo slaughters mags effortlessly, when mags can move faster then light and block super novas then he might have a chance...
#22 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see Mags winning this...

#23 Posted by Baltoro (1116 posts) - - Show Bio
@whydoievenbother said:
@Baltoro said:
too bad that lantern shields absorb enery including electro magnetic energy...as far as the astral plane goes...besides the fact that magneto hasnt used that ability in decades...magneto has never shown the ability to drag someone into the astral plane...and besides that lantern shields block telepathic assaults anyway  kilo slaughters mags effortlessly, when mags can move faster then light and block super novas then he might have a chance...
Magneto is so precise he can poke a hole through Kilowag's shields and then manipulate him telepathically, unless we see some Kilowag feats that are impressive against Magneto's decades of supremacy, we cant just assume Kilowag wins because he is a green lantern.  That ain't a solid argument.
#24 Posted by Feniks (366 posts) - - Show Bio

Kilowog has basically every advantage over Magneto. Magneto isn't up to par to an experienced Green Lantern, they're in a different league.
#25 Posted by Baltoro (1116 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feniks said:
Kilowog has basically every advantage over Magneto. Magneto isn't up to par to an experienced Green Lantern, they're in a different league.
Problem with Green Lanterns is that fans give them the collective feats of every other Green Lantern and sometimes even the Guardians.   Got to assess them as individuals in a battle thread and really what has Kilowag done to show he is Mag level?
#26 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baltoro said:
@whydoievenbother said:
@Baltoro said:
too bad that lantern shields absorb enery including electro magnetic energy...as far as the astral plane goes...besides the fact that magneto hasnt used that ability in decades...magneto has never shown the ability to drag someone into the astral plane...and besides that lantern shields block telepathic assaults anyway  kilo slaughters mags effortlessly, when mags can move faster then light and block super novas then he might have a chance...
Magneto is so precise he can poke a hole through Kilowag's shields and then manipulate him telepathically, unless we see some Kilowag feats that are impressive against Magneto's decades of supremacy, we cant just assume Kilowag wins because he is a green lantern.  That ain't a solid argument.
Magneto is a siting duck as far as im concerned i mean for someone who can travel faster than light speed he can easily blitz one shot magneto to the other side of the moon, He dropped over 100,000 tons on arkillo effortlessly, beat 7 different shades of Sh*t out of Superman i mean the list goes on

#27 Posted by Feniks (366 posts) - - Show Bio
@IZZR: lol those were the exact feats i was thinking off
#28 Posted by Baltoro (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

And Magneto (who can easily lift a shift with his powers) is going to stand there dumbfounded like that lantern he was fighting.   Magneto has much more creative attacks than dropping a giant ship one top of someone.  The Superman thing is just a case of Superman pulling his punches as usual, in a direct fight man to man fight Supes would KO Kilowag with a couple punches.  Kilo doesn't have direct strength feats to match Supes. 

#29 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baltoro said:
And Magneto (who can easily lift a shift with his powers) is going to stand there dumbfounded like that lantern he was fighting.   Magneto has much more creative attacks than dropping a giant ship one top of someone.  The Superman thing is just a case of Superman pulling his punches as usual, in a direct fight man to man fight Supes would KO Kilowag with a couple punches.  Kilo doesn't have direct strength feats to match Supes. 
LOL No supes was actually going at it but Kilowog is the miitary general of the Green Lanterns his knowledge of the ring is second to none he will end Magneto from existance
#30 Posted by whydoievenbother (145 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baltoro said:
@whydoievenbother said:
@Baltoro said:
lantern shields are strong enough to survive supernovas and black holes, you think a weak ass villain like magneto has a chance of even putting a scratch on them let alone poking a hole? get real ...kilowag could stand there for hours and magneto could do nothing.  

kilowag has actually beaten superman on two seperate occasions and has been able to fight him in hand to hand while he was blood lusted, he also fought and beat arkillo, a guy that was capable of going toe to toe with mongul

meanwhile magneto has to use every ounce of his power to block a single nuke.  his latest showing was taking an entire 30 freaking hours to find kitty pryde in space...and he couldn't even kill paulie provenzano because he was too durable for magneto's powers to work on him.

face it, kilowag is a herald level being...magneto is a mid tier character at the best.  magneto has decades of feats because he's been portrayed as being the main antognist for the xmen for the past 50 years.  problem is most of his feats are feats for a mid tier character.  unless someone wants to show magneto moving faster then light and busting planets then he dies horribly.  as far as using different lanterns feats kilowag is easily the top lantern along side the 4 earth lanterns, meaning anything they could do he could do since he's been a lantern longer and trained them...
#31 Posted by starkwood (238 posts) - - Show Bio

You people seem to be confusing travel speed with reaction speed.  Kilowog can't fight at the speed of light under any circumstances.

#32 Posted by whydoievenbother (145 posts) - - Show Bio
@starkwood said:
You people seem to be confusing travel speed with reaction speed.  Kilowog can't fight at the speed of light under any circumstances.
he doesnt have to in this fight
#33 Posted by dboyrules2011 (13514 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
I don't see Mags winning this...
Yup
#34 Posted by demifiend (3575 posts) - - Show Bio
@IZZR said:
Kilowog will destroy him all 3 rounds he doesnt show mercy to villains anyway so the morals off part is not needed
@super_psycho said:
Any experienced GL can take magneto
#35 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#36 Posted by Oni_Bane (1596 posts) - - Show Bio

Kilawog, I love mags but I think he is just outclassed her.

#37 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Magneto.
#38 Posted by nickzambuto (13691 posts) - - Show Bio

Kilowag beats Magneto just like Daken did.

#39 Posted by korrinager (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer said:

Magneto.

yeah, the guy who just got his ass kicked by iron man is going to beat one of the top Lanterns in the GLC. Get real, Kilowag or any Lantern would kill Magneto in under 10 seconds.

#40 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

What's stopping Magneto from simply blowing up Kilowog's brain?

If he's morals off and bloodlusted, he'll simply give Kilowog the same aneurysm that Xorn gave Jean. He's done for.

#41 Posted by korrinager (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenteaforme said:

If he's morals off and bloodlusted, he'll simply give Kilowog the same aneurysm that Xorn gave Jean. He's done for.

the same reason he couldn't give iron man one. the shields.

#42 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@korrinager said:

@ChaosBlazer said:

Magneto.

yeah, the guy who just got his ass kicked by iron man is going to beat one of the top Lanterns in the GLC. Get real, Kilowag or any Lantern would kill Magneto in under 10 seconds.

Iron Man had prep when he took on Magneto.

#43 Posted by Killemall (18582 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenteaforme said:

Kilowog is far too durable for that, he has had problem with people's durability in the past while he tried to reverse the flow of blood.

Lanterns have had problem with people who can control magnetism, thats why Dr. Polaris has been one of the prominent lantern villian so i can see why people think magneto might have a chance.

The problem is apart from the whole reaction speed thingy, kilowog has everything over magneto. Better fire power, much better strength and durability etc. Kyle has busted a planet, i have never seen Kilowog do so but how much weaker than Kyle would you rank kilowog to be?

#44 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@greenteaforme said:

Kilowog is far too durable for that, he has had problem with people's durability in the past while he tried to reverse the flow of blood.

Lanterns have had problem with people who can control magnetism, thats why Dr. Polaris has been one of the prominent lantern villian so i can see why people think magneto might have a chance.

The problem is apart from the whole reaction speed thingy, kilowog has everything over magneto. Better fire power, much better strength and durability etc. Kyle has busted a planet, i have never seen Kilowog do so but how much weaker than Kyle would you rank kilowog to be?

Much.

#45 Posted by Killemall (18582 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenteaforme said:

Much.

Even if you are saying Kilowog will is only 1/3 as powerful as Kyle (which i personally dont buy but since i have no hard and fast proof so lets roll with it :p ) his blast are still going to be enough to destroy 1/3 of the planet, thats lot more powerful than what Magneto's shield could tank.

#46 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@greenteaforme said:

Much.

Even if you are saying Kilowog will is only 1/3 as powerful as Kyle (which i personally dont buy but since i have no hard and fast proof so lets roll with it :p ) his blast are still going to be enough to destroy 1/3 of the planet, thats lot more powerful than what Magneto's shield could tank.

I wasn't necessarily arguing for Magneto.

I wasn't speaking in rhetoric - I really was asking what was stopping Magneto from doing such a thing.

#47 Posted by Killemall (18582 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenteaforme said:

I wasn't necessarily arguing for Magneto.

I wasn't speaking in rhetoric - I really was asking what was stopping Magneto from doing such a thing.

Sorry, my bad. I though you were making a case for Magneto.

Gald we are in agreement then :)

#48 Posted by Bo88gdan (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto wins all rounds

#49 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@korrinager said:

@ChaosBlazer said:

Magneto.

iron man reversed the polarity of his armor o Magneto wouldn't be able to affect it.

How will Kilowog get past his shields? His shields have low feats, but they've also blocked hits from Thor.