Magneto vs itachi

This topic is locked from further discussion.

daBlackswrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Magneto vs itachi

Itachi healthy no EDO

Mags in his prime

Location nyc

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto wins.

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachi via Amaterasu

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch...

DXC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime Classical Magneto rapes.

Avatar image for traskindustries
traskindustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto stomps.

pateuvasiliu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on distance and knowledge. If full knowledge and a decent distance Magneto can beat him. If up close Itachi's Tsukuyomi will fuck him up ( his helmet/shield won't do shit as genjutsu doesn't work with brain waves or w/e explanation X-men has with telepaths ).

Bonus: Can Magneto fight with his eyes closed? Can he 'sense' his opponents based on the waves they transmit when they move/breathe/etc?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic Magneto drops a mountain on him. Then a few asteroids for lolz.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrUnsmiley

Depends on how quickly either decides to get serious. Itachi can instantly kill Magneto with Amaterasu or break his mind with Tsukuyomi, or Magneto can manipulate Itachi using the iron in his blood or use whatever BS powers he has now.

Toss up.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

Magneto

daBlackswrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pateuvasiliu: @mrunsmiley: Really h guys think genjutsu would work from my understanding from various debates genjutsu is telepathy and someone with telepathic resistance can resist genjutsu

Also he can sense someone through the electro magnetic spectrum

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SirMethos

Magneto would most likely win relatively easily.

This is due to a few things:

1. Magneto has no chakra. This would cause Itachi to severely underestimate him.

2. Itachi's general M.O. is to start out with genjutsu of some kind, which would be completely and utterly useless against Magneto(and any character not from the Naruto-verse for that matter) since Genjutsu works via manipulating the chakra flow to the brain. And as already mentioned, Magneto has no chakra to manipulate.

3. Itachi generally doesn't pull out Amaterasu(his only real chance of beating Magneto) unless he thinks the opponent is a credible threat, at which point it would be too late.

pateuvasiliu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pateuvasiliu

@dablackswrd: How good is his sensing? Is it good enough that he'd be able to fight with his eyes closed? If so, Magneto wrecks.

As for Genjutsu basically Tsukuyomi works like this. If you look in his eyes as he's doing it you enter a dimension he fully controls. He can make it so 1 second in real life = months in his world. He'll then torture Magneto inside it until his brain can't take it anymore and he dies.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pateuvasiliu: @mrunsmiley: Really h guys think genjutsu would work from my understanding from various debates genjutsu is telepathy and someone with telepathic resistance can resist genjutsu

Also he can sense someone through the electro magnetic spectrum

That's a common misconception. Genjutsu is manipulation of the victim's chakra stream, which all living beings have. It's a manipulation of the senses and perception, so despite what some people keep insisting, TP=/=genjutsu. Telepathy has already been established in the Naruto universe, and it's nothing like genjutsu.

Sensing doesn't help when Itachi can alter Magneto's perception of time or pain.

pateuvasiliu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pateuvasiliu

@mrunsmiley: The idea is that Magneto fights Itachi with his eyes closed so Genjutsu won't do squat.

That's why I asked how good his sensing is.

daBlackswrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By daBlackswrd

@mrunsmiley: lol dam that's what I thought as well but other people claim us to b wrong lol but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one

daBlackswrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pateuvasiliu: his sensing is exceptional he can sense anything within the electromagnetic spectrum. But do u think genjutsu would work on someone like mags who's had tons of showings of him fighting off mental attacks with his will power alone his mind is pretty tough

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: The idea is that Magneto fights Itachi with his eyes closed so Genjutsu won't do squat.

That's why I asked how good his sensing is.

...why would he? Magneto doesn't have knowledge of how Genjutsu works, and even so, Itachi can cast Genjutsu just using his finger as a medium

pateuvasiliu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pateuvasiliu

@dablackswrd: Yes. Genjutsu works by disturbing your chakra ( which is pretty much life force in Naruto ). Magneto's never used his chakra so he has no idea how to fight Genjutsu. But if he can fight with his eyes closed Itachi can't do shit to him.

pateuvasiliu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: Finger genjutsu is low range and featless.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrUnsmiley

@mrunsmiley: Finger genjutsu is low range and featless.

It's not featless, given how it worked on Naruto. And please direct me where anyone in the manga says it's low-range.

pateuvasiliu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: Data book.

And it is featless because it's never shown how long it lasts and how useful it is. Itachi never used it to do anything.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: Data book.

And it is featless because it's never shown how long it lasts and how useful it is. Itachi never used it to do anything.

Once again, it worked on Naruto. In addition, Itachi only requires eye contact to perform Amaterasu; even if Magneto has his eyes closed, Itachi can use another Genjutsu or simply attack with Amaterasu. Seeing as how it spawns on-target, Magneto's shields would be useless.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Genjutsu the only way people see Naruto characters pulling a win?

daBlackswrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By daBlackswrd

@mrunsmiley: raikage dodged it and gaara's sand blocked it I'm pretty sure mags shields will block it too or he can dodge it as well he has amped himself to have ftl reactions before

pateuvasiliu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pateuvasiliu

@mrunsmiley: Amaterasu won't do anything to Magneto. Pain's Shinra Tensei works the same way as Magneto's telekinetic abilities work, but are much weaker. Magneto makes Pain's magnetism look like a joke.

Yeah it worked on Naruto but for how long? Itachi hasn't shown the ability to attack someone during finger genjutsu. Nor does it have any feats of stunning the target enough for an attack. It's impossible to predict whether it would work on Magneto and whether Itachi might be able to cash in on it.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dablackswrd: Except that A is a confirmed lightning timer and knew it was coming. Even then, he got tagged with it. Likewise, Gaara knows Amaterasu exists and has the perfect defense for it. Magneto doesn't.

daBlackswrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: wait r u comparing lightning timing to ftl reactions??? Also he didn't time the Lightning he timed when sasuke drop his hand to launch the attack itachi knew it was coming sasuke told him he could dodge it and please I don't wanna bring up the invisible susanoo thing

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: Amaterasu won't do anything to Magneto. Pain's Shinra Tensei works the same way as Magneto's telekinetic abilities work, but are much weaker. Magneto makes Pain's magnetism look like a joke.

Yeah it worked on Naruto but for how long? Itachi hasn't shown the ability to attack someone during finger genjutsu. Nor does it have any feats of stunning the target enough for an attack. It's impossible to predict whether it would work on Magneto and whether Itachi might be able to cash in on it.

...what are you talking about? Amaterasu, once again, spawns on target. It's not a matter of force fields, it's durability.

Naruto resisted it because he was specifically trained against genjutsu, especially because he knew Itachi might confront him at some point. Magneto can't say the same because countering genjutsu requires the user to reset their chakra flow, something Magneto can't do.

There's no need for Itachi to attack during a one-on-one fight when his target's being attacked by his illusions. Why would he? It completely goes against the point of genjutsu in the first place. It would work on Magneto because Magneto is a living being. And even then, genjutsu has been proven to work on mechanical beings, so nothing at all implies that Magneto would not be susceptible to it.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dablackswrd:

@mrunsmiley: wait r u comparing lightning timing to ftl reactions??? Also he didn't time the Lightning he timed when sasuke drop his hand to launch the attack itachi knew it was coming sasuke told him he could dodge it and please I don't wanna bring up the invisible susanoo thing

Please get back to me when this statement makes sense, I can't understand what you're saying because of your grammar.

daBlackswrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: @dablackswrd: Except that A is a confirmed lightning timer and knew it was coming. Even then, he got tagged with it. Likewise, Gaara knows Amaterasu exists and has the perfect defense for it. Magneto doesn't.

I asked are u comparing lighting timing to ftl reactions. Magneto has amped himself to have ftl reactions before u replied with your lightning timer comment. I assumed u meant when itachi fought sasuke and he was struck by kirin

Even if he doesn't know the attack exist he always has his shields up to an extent you also claimed that ameturasu spawns on target yet it spawned on gaara's sand and not on him

pateuvasiliu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: Amaterasu spawns on target if nothing obstructs the path to the target.

I'm not entirely sure how Magneto's shield works but I presume it repulses outside interferences. Which is how Nagato dispelled Amaterasu. He simply dispersed the flames using a repulsive force.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Genjutsu of any kind would be useless against Magneto. Genjutsu works by manipulating the Chakra stream to the brain, and Magneto has no chakra to manipulate.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MrUnsmiley

@dablackswrd said:

@mrunsmiley: @dablackswrd: Except that A is a confirmed lightning timer and knew it was coming. Even then, he got tagged with it. Likewise, Gaara knows Amaterasu exists and has the perfect defense for it. Magneto doesn't.

I asked are u comparing lighting timing to ftl reactions. Magneto has amped himself to have ftl reactions before u replied with your lightning timer comment. I assumed u meant when itachi fought sasuke and he was struck by kirin

Even if he doesn't know the attack exist he always has his shields up to an extent you also claimed that ameturasu spawns on target yet it spawned on gaara's sand and not on him

No, that's not what I'm referring to. A is a lightning timer who knew Amaterasu was coming and failed to dodge it. Magneto has no idea that Amaterasu exists and won't be prepared for it. As for Gaara's situation, Amaterasu spawns on what the user is looking at, which is why his sand blocked it. Unless Magneto constantly keeps a projected shield up for the entirety of the fight, he'll be vulnerable to Amaterasu. Even if he does, for whatever reason, he's still vulnerable to genjutsu.

@mrunsmiley: Amaterasu spawns on target if nothing obstructs the path to the target.

I'm not entirely sure how Magneto's shield works but I presume it repulses outside interferences. Which is how Nagato dispelled Amaterasu. He simply dispersed the flames using a repulsive force.

That may work, if Magneto's alive long enough for it to matter. Nagato was an Edo clone when he performed that, so his durability doesn't apply to Magneto.

@sirmethos: Chakra is life force, so unless Magneto's dead, genjutsu will apply to him. Why people still maintain this stance is beyond me. In either case, genjutsu is confirmed to work on nonliving beings such as Mecha-Naruto, so you have no reason for thinking it wouldn't work on Magneto.

pateuvasiliu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By pateuvasiliu

@sirmethos: YEah, that too. Chakra only exists in Naruto.

ValarMelkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Genjutsu of any kind would be useless against Magneto. Genjutsu works by manipulating the Chakra stream to the brain, and Magneto has no chakra to manipulate.

Kaguya put the world under Infinite Tsukuyomi before they had chakra.

daBlackswrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valarmelkor: I think that was debunked some where I will find it if it was

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valarmelkor:

1. We're dealing with Itachi here, not Kaguya.

2. Infinite Tsukuyomi is not actually a genjutsu, based on the description(of both the IT, and genjutsu).

The IT works by actually creating an empty dimension, then using the Ten Tails' chakra to connect the victims to it, and fill it with "the contents of their desire".

Tsukuyomi on the other hand is a genjutsu, and manipulates the victim's time perception, while generating an illusion.

And then we're back to the fact that Magneto has no chakra, which effectively renders him immune to Genjutsu.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley:

"Chakra is life force, so unless Magneto's dead, genjutsu will apply to him."

Tell that to everyone in the Naruto-verse that was born before the Sage of Six Paths(and his brother). Those two were the first people who were born with chakra(naruto manga Chapter 646, pages 6-9 iirc).

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MrUnsmiley

@sirmethos: It's stated repeatedly that IT is a genjutsu in the manga. Featwise, if it wasn't the case, Sasuke's Rinnegan wouldn't allow him to be immune to it.

Once again, chakra is present in all living creatures, and genjutsu has been proven to work in creatures without it. Magneto will be vulnerable to genjutsu, no matter your reasoning. People without chakra were vulnerable to Infinite Tsukuyomi as well, and no matter how powerful it is, it wouldn't work if it only required people with chakra. The same holds for standard genjutsu.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SirMethos
@mrunsmiley said:

@sirmethos: It's stated repeatedly that IT is a genjutsu in the manga. Featwise, if it wasn't the case, Sasuke's Rinnegan wouldn't allow him to be immune to it.

Once again, chakra is present in all living creatures, and genjutsu has been proven to work in creatures without it. Magneto will be vulnerable to genjutsu, no matter your reasoning.

1. Sasuke's rinnegan, iirc, didn't make him immune to it. He protected himself against it via the Susanoo. And while he did think that his Rinnegan would allow him to counter it, the Sage told them that Bijuu chakra is also required(i.e. the rinnegan alone is not enough).

2. I honestly don't remember Genjutsu being shown to work on anyone without chakra, but I'd be willing to concede that point if you can back up that claim.

Edit: I almost forgot, the fact that they keep calling it a Genjutsu, doesn't make it one. I could call my spoon a spade, and even use it for the same purpose, but that still wouldn't make it a spade.

ValarMelkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valarmelkor:

2. Infinite Tsukuyomi is not actually a genjutsu, based on the description(of both the IT, and genjutsu).

The IT works by actually creating an empty dimension, then using the Ten Tails' chakra to connect the victims to it, and fill it with "the contents of their desire".

Tsukuyomi on the other hand is a genjutsu, and manipulates the victim's time perception, while generating an illusion.

And then we're back to the fact that Magneto has no chakra, which effectively renders him immune to Genjutsu.

1: It doesn't matter. It's still Genjutsu so it works the same way.

2: It was literally referred to as a Genjutsu several times in the series, and is officially classified as one in the databook. ''the contents of their desire'' is the illusion generated by the Genjutsu. and it's basically a large scale version of the Genjutsu Madara used on Obito as Madara himself says while Obito is in the Genjutsu. (Referring to Infinite Tsukuyomi as the same Genjutsu cast by using the moon instead of his normal Sharingan).

No Caption Provided

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Just_Banter

@valarmelkor:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No. Infinite Tsukuyomi is Genjutsu, it's just a really powerful version of it.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Hiddenlight

@valarmelkor:

People provided explanations about genjutsu above, it still would work on anyone even without chakra, but I should say that what effectively renders Magneto immune to Genjutsu is his helmet and years of intensive training and battles against Xavier. The counter to genjutsu is just a good TP-Resistance.

@dablackswrd: Except that A is a confirmed lightning timer and knew it was coming. Even then, he got tagged with it. Likewise, Gaara knows Amaterasu exists and has the perfect defense for it. Magneto doesn't.

Enduring and deflecting phoenix flames and reacting to a lightspeed attack, unless Raikage now have lightspeed reaction time, he is slower on the draw than Magneto. Also, in the vast majority of the time he uses his auto-shields to that wouldn't matter either way. Even if he was caught, we saw that the Amaterasu can be pushed back by forces.

No Caption Provided

I don't know why people treat Magneto as if he had human level Durability, he shrugged off cosmic blasts in the past and endured them even without his shields.

Also, even if he didn't wanted to fight, he could just do this:

daBlackswrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By daBlackswrd

@mrunsmiley: No, that's not what I'm referring to. A is a lightning timer who knew Amaterasu was coming and failed to dodge it. Magneto has no idea that Amaterasu exists and won't be prepared for it. As for Gaara's situation, Amaterasu spawns on what the user is looking at, which is why his sand blocked it. Unless Magneto constantly keeps a projected shield up for the entirety of the fight, he'll be vulnerable to Amaterasu. Even if he does, for whatever reason, he's still vulnerable to genjutsu.

A dodged the attack he was neva tagged by it he intentionally attacked the sheild of Amaterasu that sasuke made

Also genjutsu working on mecha naruto was filler ergo non canon

Lol u said Amaterasu spawns on what ever the user is looking at so I guess u mean to say he was looking at his sand instead of gaara

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think genjutsu will work either way, as long as Magneto's helmet is on. Itachi loses, especially in NYC.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for purple_d_dragon
Purple_D_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Purple_D_Dragon

Genjutsu is TP, is chakra manipulation, is a NLF Magic, and sometimes is the only way Naruto Characters can even pull a win, really, it depends of the Naruto fans wishes, everything because Kishimoto had to ruin the continuity with Kaguya and the Mugen Tsukuyomi, why can't we just agree that IT works in a different way then normal Genjutsu and call it a day?

also. Magneto Stomps.