Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Sling Shot

Killgrave says:

"Sling Shot says:
"R U Serious,bruh. Iceman losing to Magneto while he is being aided by the rest of the X-Men still counts as an L for Ice man. It should probably count as a L squared seeing as he has help. And I can't on the fingers of every person on the Vine count the plethora of times Mags has put it down on the X-Men Ice man included. If your older brother beats you up your whole life and than one day when you're both grown you best him once. Does that wipe away the years of wins he has on you? And does that mean you will win from that day on? No need to bend down I'm handing you your bottom lip. Dawg."

What are ya talk'in bout? I dont rember Magneto dominating the X-Men, they may have lost a battle or two, but they always win the war, and they sure hell win more then they lose."

True if Mags were to win the story would end and so would sales. Also Mags has to win at first to exhibit the level of danger the X-men have to over come. These are story elements, necessary for, you guessed it a story.

But Mags has ability that puts him in a position that you with out story formula can see his probability for victory.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Gambler says:

"Maybe you should pick up another one. Chris Claremont, long-time X-Men scribe and perhaps the definitive writer of Magneto, has claimed Magnus has no psychic talents at all, but instead is just of such an incredibly strong will, that he's able to resist psychic assaults, with varying degrees of difficulty. Later stories, such as during the Secret Wars, as portrayed by Jim Shooter, have claimed Magneto as a "latent" telepath rather than one fully aware and in control of his abilities (which seemed like an attempt to coincide with his original depiction, and Claremont's later take on the character"
Did you even look at this? Its arguable that Magneto is even a telepath. I like what you did there, but you broke it down as if they were fighting him one at a time. They work as a team. Nightcrawler teleports and grabs the helmet, and Xavier finishs him off. Also, were was Emma Frost in all that? She does alot more than just turn into a diamond, she may be the third most powerful telepath in the marvel u.
Post Edited:2007-04-21 17:57:56
IsEeDeAdPeOpLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By IsEeDeAdPeOpLe

Oh and if Xavier can't affect Magneto neither can Emma.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#104  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

IsEeDeAdPeOpLe says:

"Ok I'm back..You said there was no gas anywhere and that the moisture came out of her body. THAT'S THE POINT! I hadn't seen those pics so i was suggesting he had flown to her in the form of gas but it was actually much more simple than that. When you look at those shots it's quite clear to see that water is being sucked out of her body. All iceman had to do was pull the water out of her body, and add it all to his own, thus reforming his body. Tada!! No need for body reforming. Again. That picture doesn't prove anything other than that iceman can pull the water out of a person's body!! "

“All Iceman had to do was pull the water out of her body, and add it all to his own…”

But does he add it to his body? That’s not what I see. I see water coming from her body and reforming in the air when his head (the only part of him left) is nowhere in sight. In fact, on the previous page, it had fallen to the ground. So it doesn’t show him adding it to his own, just forming out of the water even though there was no kind of contact.

IsEeDeAdPeOpLe says:

"About the guy on fire - Nothing on that picture tells me the guy on fire is iceman. In fact the picture suggests quite the opposite when you're out of context like I was. Take a good look at it. What sense does it make for him to turn into gas (Yeah i said gas because he is clearly gas on that pic) and leave his body behind instead of turning into ice and put the fire out with water or ice?!?!? That would be pretty much the worst decision to take on that situation. But that's ok I'll assume he is iceman. Where is the mind transfer? He just leaves his body in the form of gas, he didn't transfer his mind. In fact where would he have transfered his mind to? Transfering his mind to the moisture right next to him would be pretty much useless(even stupid..) not to say that it would be no different from simply turning into gas. Also that pic actually proves he needs a continuum. Why in the hell would he transfer his mind to the moisture right next to him, which is on fire, if he could transfer his mind to any piece of water in the planet? Answer: he needs a continuum. "

Nothing tells you that it’s Iceman? How about the fact that Northstar and Aurora called him out and saying they were going to attack him? How about the fact that Cannonball, the only other guy in the room who it could be, is shown on the next page without any sign of fire damage? How about the fact that Iceman was the threat they were trying to neutralize? If he was the one they were after, why would they use such a destructive attack on someone else?

Possible reason that he didn’t transfer his mind far: He got scared out of his skin. He was surprised by getting totally destroyed and just jumped straight out of his body without actually going anywhere.

IsEeDeAdPeOpLe says:

"How do you explain iceman is coming from the sentinels if he wasn't there? Just a bit of s stunt for the grand finale? A bit of show off? Or did his horoscope tell him that was a good day to reform when coming from a destroyed sentinel? My guess: he is coming from there because he was there doing some nasty stuff to the sentinels. "

He destroyed them (not explained how) and forms from moisture as the debris falls. He didn’t have be coming out of them to do that, that’s just where the moisture is and so that’s where he’s forming.

IsEeDeAdPeOpLe says:

"Does iceman lose if he can exist as nothing? No, i'll give you that? Can he exist as nothing. Judging by that evidence, no not really. "

More on the moisture medium thing: In the image coming up, Iceman survives a vacuum. He was in a ship with a bad guy and the bad guy disappears and leaves a vacuum that leads elsewhere in his wake. The vacuum sucks in the entire ship (Iceman still inside) and even outside where the rest of the team is waiting on a nearby mountaintop, everything is being sucked into the vacuum. Using their powers they all stay on the mountain, but everything else is pulled in. Though Iceman was the first thing sucked in he’s somehow back on our side before the vacuum dissipates. If he were in the moisture, he’d be sucked through and he wouldn’t have been able to get back. If he were purely mental, the vacuum would have no pull on him, thus allowing him to return as he did.

IsEeDeAdPeOpLe says:

"When he's not drawn he's not there? Are you listening to yourself? Air is colorless you cannot see it. Is it not there all the long? The only pic you have shown where iceman wasn't drawn and he still had an influence was the pic with the sentinels but even then I offered a simple explanation that is later verified when you see him leaving the sentinels as steam yet you still believe he doesn't need a body. Do you still think you're not assuming? "

I’m not talking about normal air. When Iceman is in mist form, he’s shown in mist form. They take time out to draw him as air. Why is it so impossible to think that when they’re not drawing him in mist form, it’s because he’s not in mist form?

Just because he’s not doing anything doesn’t mean he’s not there. In the image where he explodes into flame, he isn’t drawn afterwards but he still exists. The same is true when he fights the fire guy, he’s not there, but he still exists.

Your explanation was never verified like you say it was. You said he did something to them inside and then came out. The page said there was mist in the air, not that mist came out of the sentinels.

IsEeDeAdPeOpLe says:

"For a long time you have been claiming this: Everytime he turns into gas he is depicted as such. That is obviously not something you can say for sure because it is not logically necessary but still I accepted it because it's got a high probability of being true, it makes sense. And that's ok. But if you accept that and given that you seem to know comics fairly well you won't certainly deny, even though it's not logically necessary, that everytime the authors show their characters performing some new ability they feel compelled to denote that by writing it, even if they do it only once. You must have seen it happening a billion times. Sometimes the narrator describes it, sometimes it's the character him/herself, sometimes it's just some other character nearby. I don't think I'm asking too much of a "leap of faith" because if you think about it you'll notice it makes perfect sense. Readers want to know exactly what's going on to keep the excitemente levels high. Besides a lot of people feel kind of disappointed when characters can do pretty much anything without a flaw. The best way to limit a characters power it to tell the reader what he/she can do. Authors know all this so they find a way to let the reader know, sometimes resorting to large (almost unnatural) descriptions. In fact I'd say this has even got higher probability of being true than what you want me to assume about gas.Considering that I think I have demonstrated that the mind transfer must be stated somehwere. All you have to do is show me where is it stated and I'll be Iceman's #1 fan."

They don’t always explain everything. They do 90% (random % but I’m just saying it’s very high) of the time but there are times when they don’t. He’s split himself in two (and both went to different places in the US) without an explanation. Does that mean he’s not really in two places? No.

IsEeDeAdPeOpLe says:

"Oh and do you remember questioning the fact that Magneto can bond iron particles to one's body? Here goes the proof. Highlight: It's stated that he can do that, thus verifying (without making it undeniable of course) what I just told you.(As a perk it's also shown that Cyclops's optical beams at full power cannot break his shield - stated by cyclops himself).
Post Edited:2007-04-21 15:28:33"

Reupload it somewhere else, I can’t see it. Regardless, Iceman can spread to any and every bit of moisture (whether or not he needs a medium) so unless Magneto bonds every water molecule on the planet, it won’t matter.

That girl doesn’t teleport through the brimstone dimension like Nightcrawler does so you can’t say that Nightcrawler’s teleport attempt will end the same way as hers.

Most of the people on that list have been in a position to kill Magneto but didn’t. Magneto could easily take them (individually), but they’ve had their shots at him too.

Also, has Magneto ever blood-ripped someone in comics? I’m not saying he can’t, lemme say that, but a lot of people say he can do it as naturally as breathing when I’ve never seen it done in comics. I’ve heard of him holding people still, but no blood rips. The closest I’ve seen is when Polaris held Iceman (he was human and also not fighting back) and gave him a nosebleed.

Post Edited:2007-04-21 18:30:04

IsEeDeAdPeOpLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By IsEeDeAdPeOpLe

How do i use those photobuckets?

Do massed telepaths create barriers? When has that happened or what makes you think they could?

IsEeDeAdPeOpLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By IsEeDeAdPeOpLe

No Buck shot, you see, that's the point. You can't see what happens. The authors have deliberately blackened the background so as to add to the surprise of seeing iceman reform. You say I can't know what happened there. But neither can you. How can you be so sure there was no contact? Is it black for my theory only? Actually I do have something on my side...the water was moved to where his head lied!

Buck take a good look at the page where iceman is burning. Where is it written ON THAT PAGE that Northstar said he was going to attack him or anything else?? I'm not saying I don't believe you dude but it's not written ON THAT PAGE!!! How was I supposed to know that when actually the picture, for the reasons i have already listed suggested otherwise? Ok so that was iceman. What in that page proves he transfere his mind? All he did was slide from that body in the form of gas! And about your explanation that he was scared. LEt me see if I got this straight. Northstar shows up, tells him he's going to be attacked. Cannon ball takes the time to fly away and still Iceman doesn't have the time to think about transfering his mind to some place far away? My guess: He can't do it!! Bottomline: All the long I've offered a more simple explanation, with more evidence to support it and more in tune with what we know for sure about iceman still you keep denying it and coming up with farfetched explanations.

About sentinels - It wasn't verified if you define verify as something being proved beyond any doubt but it's evidence to it, whereas, for your theory it's only a weakness. It's not written anywhere that the moisture came from the sentinels but it is clearly drawn!! The steam is coming from the sentinels. How do you explain that? with so many points in the air for him to come from it would be a huge coincidence that he would come from the sentinels. This time your explanation, besides farfetched includes a huge coincience which, according to my simpler, evidence-based theory is explained as not being a coincidence.

About vacuum: Why would moisture be pulled? Look around. They are all breathing so air wasn't pulled. If air wasn't pulled why would moisture be? Snow is water and it wasn't pulled either. The other x-men on that top weren't pulled eiher. Explanation: Ice-man is closer to the vacuum and is caught by surprise (a real surprise not a previous warning one...). The other mutants are far enough to resist it even when caught by surprise. Iceman is sucked in but as soon as the surprise is effect is over he gains control and manages to resist. The vacuum ends. He falls back to the ground. Besides the fact that if he could transfer his mind might save him from the vacuum doesn't entail that he did it!

It's not impossible that when they don't draw it as steam he's not there not at all if there is nothing to conceal him. In fact it makes a lot of sense but in those shots of the sentinels there was something to conceal him. The sentinels! If he entered the sentinels why would they draw him? Wouldn't make any sense.

Just because he's not doing anything doesn't mean he isn't there. Right but it doesn't mean he is either!!

"In the image where he explodes into flame, he isn’t drawn afterwards but he still exists". Of course he exists. Somewhere else! He moved away. What point are you trying to make? Are you telling me he is still there? Ok prove it.

"They don’t always explain everything. They do 90% (random % but I’m just saying it’s very high) of the time but there are times when they don’t. He’s split himself in two (and both went to different places in the US) without an explanation. Does that mean he’s not really in two places? No." Prove it. This time the proof should include several pages both after and before the page itself so that I can guarantee it's not mentioned anywhere. The only very very low x% when it's not mentioned is when it is so obvious that there could be no doubt at all. Those shots you've been showing are definitely not the case.

About images: Copy and paste the link to the url bar and press enter.

About the teleporting girl. I'll give you that one. That doesn't prove aything about Nightcrawler but i never said it did. Just saying it was a hint to it. On the other hand you can't prove Nightcrawler can do it or can you?

I won't be discussing a Magneto vs. X-men fight here. My posts are long enough just by discussing Magneto vs. iceman but I'll tell you this: Take a good look at the list. There's one thing magneto could do vs. any of them - put his shield on. After that he can take his time to kill them even if individually.

About the blood trick. You don't have to believe it. I have proven he can bond metal particles to bodies and thus contol them. Do it to every x-men and it's done.

But I'll try to prove it anyway. First: Logic. Have you ever seen Magneto manipulating a Mercedes? Probably not. Yet do you doubt he can do that? You most likely don't because not only you have seen him moving cars but also because it's metal and you know that's his area of expertise. How is manipulating the iron in the blood any different than manipulating any metal at all? In fact it should be easier since it's just 3-4 grams of metal.

Second: Images.

Check these out:

img72.imageshack.us/img72/940/magripsapartneo7do.jpg

img208.imageshack.us/img208/8623/magripsapartapocalypse4li.jpg

Post Edited:2007-04-21 22:26:16
Post Edited:2007-04-21 22:29:51

HankyChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By HankyChief

Buckshot never ceases to impress me in these battle topics.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

IsEeDeAdPeOpLe says:

"No Buck shot, you see, that's the point. You can't see what happens. The authors have deliberately blackened the background so as to add to the surprise of seeing iceman reform. You say I can't know what happened there. But neither can you. How can you be so sure there was no contact? Is it black for my theory only? Actually I do have something on my side...the water was moved to where his head lied! "

I’m not trying to accuse you of anything and it may sound weird to you coming from me, but you know it sounds like you’re reaching right? I can say there was no contact because the artist deliberately drew Iceman getting his head knocked to the ground and being nowhere near the girls head or where the water went. Iceman’s head is on the ground and reformation happens in the air.

Head on the ground:

Water in the air:

No contact.

IsEeDeAdPeOpLe says:

"Buck take a good look at the page where iceman is burning. Where is it written ON THAT PAGE that Northstar said he was going to attack him or anything else?? I'm not saying I don't believe you dude but it's not written ON THAT PAGE!!! How was I supposed to know that when actually the picture, for the reasons i have already listed suggested otherwise? Ok so that was iceman. What in that page proves he transfere his mind? All he did was slide from that body in the form of gas! And about your explanation that he was scared. LEt me see if I got this straight. Northstar shows up, tells him he's going to be attacked. Cannon ball takes the time to fly away and still Iceman doesn't have the time to think about transfering his mind to some place far away? My guess: He can't do it!! Bottomline: All the long I've offered a more simple explanation, with more evidence to support it and more in tune with what we know for sure about iceman still you keep denying it and coming up with farfetched explanations. "

It’s probably because you didn’t read it and you’re only going off of what I’m saying, but you’re not getting it right. He knew they were going to attack but there were at least 4 reasons why he’d be surprised. (1) They have super speed and attacked right after they spoke. (2) They had received massive upgrades so he didn’t know what to expect. (3) Bobby was still trying to get over the fact that Northstar was supposed to dead (and also a good guy) so Bobby wasn’t thinking straight (I’m not assuming this, he actually questions why Northstar is there and can’t speak full sentences since he’s so confused) and paying attention to the actual threat. (4) Their powers were working in a completely new way so he didn’t see it coming.

Also, Cannonball doesn’t escape before the attack, he escapes during it. Just like Bobby, he’s caught off guard (despite the warning) and only reacts after the attack has started.

IsEeDeAdPeOpLe says:

"About sentinels - It wasn't verified if you define verify as something being proved beyond any doubt but it's evidence to it, whereas, for your theory it's only a weakness. It's not written anywhere that the moisture came from the sentinels but it is clearly drawn!! The steam is coming from the sentinels. How do you explain that? with so many points in the air for him to come from it would be a huge coincidence that he would come from the sentinels. This time your explanation, besides farfetched includes a huge coincience which, according to my simpler, evidence-based theory is explained as not being a coincidence. "

I’m not saying the moisture wasn’t on the sentinels or that steam wasn’t coming off them, I’m saying he didn’t have to be inside them first for him to reform above them. Read below though, I’ll get back to the sentinel thing.

IsEeDeAdPeOpLe says:

"About vacuum: Why would moisture be pulled? Look around. They are all breathing so air wasn't pulled. If air wasn't pulled why would moisture be? Snow is water and it wasn't pulled either. The other x-men on that top weren't pulled eiher. Explanation: Ice-man is closer to the vacuum and is caught by surprise (a real surprise not a previous warning one...). The other mutants are far enough to resist it even when caught by surprise. Iceman is sucked in but as soon as the surprise is effect is over he gains control and manages to resist. The vacuum ends. He falls back to the ground. Besides the fact that if he could transfer his mind might save him from the vacuum doesn't entail that he did it! "

You’re seeing the picture after the vacuum has dissipated. Here is while it’s in full effect, pulling everything inside:

If Iceman were in the moisture, he’d be pulled in like all the snow and other stuff, but he didn’t.

IsEeDeAdPeOpLe says:

"It's not impossible that when they don't draw it as steam he's not there not at all if there is nothing to conceal him. In fact it makes a lot of sense but in those shots of the sentinels there was something to conceal him. The sentinels! If he entered the sentinels why would they draw him? Wouldn't make any sense. "

If he was inside the sentinels(which is never stated), how did he get there? There’s no vapor shown going into them. The sentinels couldn’t conceal him until he was inside them, so while he was outside, you should have seen him, but you don’t.

IsEeDeAdPeOpLe says:

"Just because he's not doing anything doesn't mean he isn't there. Right but it doesn't mean he is either!! "In the image where he explodes into flame, he isn’t drawn afterwards but he still exists". Of course he exists. Somewhere else! He moved away. What point are you trying to make? Are you telling me he is still there? Ok prove it. "

You’re right, it’s impossible for me to prove that he’s there when they don’t draw him, but you can’t prove he’s not there and in vapor form somewhere else.

IsEeDeAdPeOpLe says:

""They don’t always explain everything. They do 90% (random % but I’m just saying it’s very high) of the time but there are times when they don’t. He’s split himself in two (and both went to different places in the US) without an explanation. Does that mean he’s not really in two places? No." Prove it. This time the proof should include several pages both after and before the page itself so that I can guarantee it's not mentioned anywhere. The only very very low x% when it's not mentioned is when it is so obvious that there could be no doubt at all. Those shots you've been showing are definitely not the case. "

Asking me for proof is one thing, but asking me to basically put half the comic on this website is another. I’ve put up a lot of images but never more than like 3 from any one comic and I’m not going to.

He’s with Rachel in one frame and finishing his thought with Juggernaut in another:

If you want more than this, read the comic.

IsEeDeAdPeOpLe says:

"About images: Copy and paste the link to the url bar and press enter. "

That was the first thing I did. Just upload it somewhere else. On this site even. But once again, it wouldn’t stop Iceman unless he could do it to all the moisture.

IsEeDeAdPeOpLe says:

"About the teleporting girl. I'll give you that one. That doesn't prove aything about Nightcrawler but i never said it did. Just saying it was a hint to it. On the other hand you can't prove Nightcrawler can do it or can you?I won't be discussing a Magneto vs. X-men fight here. My posts are long enough just by discussing Magneto vs. iceman but I'll tell you this: Take a good look at the list. There's one thing magneto could do vs. any of them - put his shield on. After that he can take his time to kill them even if individually. "

Alright no more discussion on that after this (or your response if you want to make one). I said Magneto could take them, don’t think I’m saying otherwise, I’m just pointing out that despite his powers (even his shield) most of those guy have had their chance to kill him.

IsEeDeAdPeOpLe says:

"About the blood trick. You don't have to believe it. I have proven he can bond metal particles to bodies and thus contol them. Do it to every x-men and it's done.But I'll try to prove it anyway. First: Logic. Have you ever seen Magneto manipulating a Mercedes? Probably not. Yet do you doubt he can do that? You most likely don't because not only you have seen him moving cars but also because it's metal and you know that's his area of expertise. How is manipulating the iron in the blood any different than manipulating any metal at all? In fact it should be easier since it's just 3-4 grams of metal. Second: Images.Check these out:img72.imageshack.us/img72/940/magripsapartneo7do.jpgimg208.imageshack.us/img208/8623/magripsapartapocalypse4li.jpg"

Like I said, I’m not saying he doesn’t possess the ability to do it, it’s just that the blood rip would let him instantly take out anyone with a normal body so I think it’s something that should be proven. It’s a one hit KO and if it’s so easy for him, I think he’d have done it multiple times by now. Even if he can do it, would he? It’d be like me saying Iceman will freeze everything to absolute zero every time he gets into a battle. (He can do absolute zero, he’s gone close twice and actually done it once.)

Those images aren’t the best example. There’s no explanation (something you’ve been telling me I need) of what he’s doing. He rips them apart yes, but it doesn’t mention blood. Those guys were covered in metal. The first had a sword and a couple pieces of armor and the second looked like he was clad head to toe in metal (great costumes to fight Magneto in by the way) so Magneto could have just used their clothes to rip them up. The second one is even worse. Apocalypse is made mostly of metal so the fact that it took Magneto that long for him to do anything is actually embarrassing.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Sling Shot

Gambler says:

"So? Then I'm right."

So? Then your assumptions are out of context?

I never claimed mags was a telepath that was your fancy spindoctoring. I saide psions ae considered part of the energy field that Mags is connected to and manipulates.

r8hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By r8hitman

I'm putting my money on Magneto.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#111  Edited By Satyrquaze

Magneto has fought and beaten the X-Men so many times it's not even funny. I just don't see Bobby Drake doing that.

GambitO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By GambitO

ICEMAN to conquer to magneto would need of the help of but mutants since alone it would not achieve it

GambitO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By GambitO

eisernkreuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By eisernkreuz

simple fact is that ice man with his x buddies have time and again fought magneto

ice man has never defeated magneto, sure the combined forces of teh x buddies have, but it took all of them , plus surprises, brillant stratogies, luck and sneakiness.

mag's is a bad ass tyrant that kills alot. iceman is basically i real nice kid with some nifty powers.

brutality wins in the end.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Simple fact is, that's done for the story. Read the thread. Everything you've posted has been covered.

eisernkreuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By eisernkreuz

yeah for me

Zenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Zenma

walks in looks around then walks out

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Static Shock

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#119  Edited By Korg

Marvel REALLY needs to start using more of Iceman's potential...He's one of the most unique and interesting characters in the entire Marvel U. There's almost no limit to his powers. The only way I can think of to get rid of him would be to isolate him in space, and even that wouldn't kill him.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By IcePrince_X

Has anyone touched on the aspect of speed?

I believe this also the advantage of IceMan against Magneto, it was said in one X-Men card with a wink of an eye he can create a giant block of ice. Magneto needs to draw energy even for a few seconds while IceMan can just think about it and automatically its there.

So, Iceman takes this one for me.

Morphid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Morphid

Mächtiger Magnet

:-)

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Resonate

when I saw Buckshot had made a thread like this on March 15, I was like wow

I could have sworn I've seen this thread before

But I was wrong

Sinistron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Sinistron

It takes the whole team of the X-men to take down Mag's so my money is on him

Sinistron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Sinistron

It takes the whole team of the X-men to take down Mag's so my money is on him

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By warlock360

Morphid says:

"Mächtiger Magneto:-)"
Barry Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Barry Flash

I also say Iceman

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By jmc247

A less skilled female version of Magneto vs Iceman

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#128  Edited By Pania

You mean Bobby against his ex-GF whom he was trying to stop, but not hurt.

If it was Magneto Bobby would freeze him solid in an instant and that would be the end of it.

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By jmc247

Pania says:

If it was Magneto Bobby would freeze him solid in an instant and that would be the end of it."

Bobby could not take Magneto it is as simple as that. Magneto's shields have protected against extreme heat, they could protect against extreme cold as well.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#130  Edited By Forever

jmc247 says:

"Bobby could not take Magneto it is as simple as that. Magneto's shields have protected against extreme heat, they could protect against extreme cold as well."

Arguing a defense against one extreme simply because of a defense against another extreme?

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By jmc247

Forever says:

"jmc247 says:
"Bobby could not take Magneto it is as simple as that. Magneto's shields have protected against extreme heat, they could protect against extreme cold as well."
Arguing a defense against one extreme simply because of a defense against another extreme? "

Magneto survived in the near zero temperature of space using his shields in New X-Men #1, so clearly they can protect against cold.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Static Shock

jmc247 says:

"Bobby could not take Magneto it is as simple as that. Magneto's shieldshave protected against extreme heat, they could protect against extremecold as well."

Not if he's instantly frozen.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Forever

jmc247 says:

"Magneto survived in the near zero temperature of space using his shields in New X-Men #1, so clearly they can protect against cold."

That's more along the lines of what I'm looking for you to say. Not arguing that since it protects against one it protects against the other.

But have you gone through this thread and seen if the protection of his shields has been addressed?

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By jmc247

Static Shock says:

"jmc247 says:
Not if he's instantly frozen. "

Well sure if Magneto is shot in the head with a plastic bullet or frozen solid or even stabbed when he was unprepared for battle he could be killed very easily even by a human. But, a Magneto ready for battle is what I am am talking about.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Pania

Point, Magneto does have the superior reaction time, giving him first attack. However, I'm not sure that his most deadly attack, ripping someone in half (Eve of Destruction) would do anything to Bobby. He would have to go for slower EM energy attacks, such as radiation, that would affect Bobby at the molecular level.

Post Edited:2008-03-18 17:34:08

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Static Shock

Pania says:

"Point, Magneto does have the superior reaction time, giving him firstattack. However, I'm not sure that his most deadly attack, rippingsomeone in half (Eve of Destruction) would do anything to Bobby. Hewould have to go for slower EM energy attacks, such as radiation."

OK. That's a given.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Static Shock

jmc247 says:

"Well sure if Magneto is shot in the head with a plastic bullet orfrozen solid or even stabbed when he was unprepared for battle he couldbe killed very easily even by a human. But, a Magneto ready for battleis what I am am talking about."

Even if he's ready, in the blink of an eye, he would be flash frozen...

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Pania

Forever says:

"jmc247 says:
"Magneto survived in the near zero temperature of space using his shields in New X-Men #1, so clearly they can protect against cold."

That's more along the lines of what I'm looking for you to say. Not arguing that since it protects against one it protects against the other.

But have you gone through this thread and seen if the protection of his shields has been addressed?"

I don't know if the protection of his shields would do anything given that Bobby psionically manipulates water. He doesn't create a field of cold, he directly drops the temperature of the water itself. He might be able to work right through the shield. He can drop temperatures to greater depths and a lot faster than being in space or in Antarctica.

Post Edited:2008-03-18 17:31:36

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Forever

Pania says:

"I don't know if the protection of his shields would do anything given that Bobby psionically manipulates water. He doesn't create a field of cold, he directly drops the temperature of the water itself. He might be able to work right through the shield. He can drop temperatures to greater depths and a lot faster than being in space or in Antarctica.
Post Edited:2008-03-18 17:31:36"

Exactly what I would assume.

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambler says:

"Gotta go wit me boy.
" />http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s147/greg420_photos/xmen128_iceman-winpose2.gif"

The post that started it all.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By never give up

bump.

SilverSurfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By SilverSurfa

I reckon Iceman wins!

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By The_Scourge

iceman

kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By kaino12

i gotta say the only way ice man wins is if emma took over his body agen.

Avatar image for the_man_of_tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magneto. hard.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#146  Edited By Strafe Prower
The Man of Tomorrow said:
"magneto. hard."
Read the past 6 pages.
Iceman for the curbstomp.
Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodlusted Iceman is a true monster.  Magneto dies fast.

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Obtrusive

Iceman is recently discovered to be omega class and can exist as a cloud of vapor.  He is unkillable otherwise I might say magneto.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By acewasp23

Meh i give it to Iceman.
he should be able to freeze the moisture and blood in Magneto's body even with his shields up.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#150  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Obtrusive said:
"Iceman is recently discovered to be omega class and can exist as a cloud of vapor.  He is unkillable otherwise I might say magneto."
Recently? No.