#1 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman is able to lower his external and internal body temperature without harm to himself, thereby radiating intense cold from his body. Iceman is able to reach -105 degrees Fahrenheit within a few seconds, and is immune to sub-zero temperatures around him.

In addition, Iceman can freeze any moisture in the air around him into unusually hard ice, and thereby form simple objects such as slides, ladders, shields, and bats. Iceman can also augment his ice form with extraneous moisture to enhance his strength and durability, and can reshape his body's ice form at will by using any available moisture from his surrounding environment. Similarly, Iceman can rebuild his ice form if any part of it is broken or if it is shattered completely without suffering any permanent damage.

Previously, Iceman was able to transform his body into solid ice and back to human form at will. For a time, however, his body was permanently transformed into solid ice as a result of a secondary mutation. After M-day, Iceman appeared to have lost his powers, returing to human form. However, this was revealed by Emma Frost as a mental block, and Iceman later regained his powers, along with the ability to change from human to ice form.

Iceman also possesses the potential to transport himself quickly over great distances through nearby flows of water by merging his body’s molecules with those of the stream.

#3 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto possesses the power to control all forms of magnetism. He can shape and manipulate magnetic fields that exist naturally or artificially. It is unclear, however, whether he must draw magnetic force from outside himself (if so, then he can do so over vast distances), or whether he can also generate magnetic force from within himself. Nor is it clear whether Magneto's power is psionic or purely physiological in nature. Magneto's power is, for all practical purposes, limitless. Moreover, he can use his magnetic powers in more than one way simultaneously. He can completely assemble a complicated machine within seconds through his powers. He can erect magnetic force fields with a high degree of impenetrability around himself for protection.

Although Magneto’s primary power is control over magnetism, he can also project or manipulate any form of energy that is part of the electromagnetic spectrum, including visible light, radio waves, ultraviolet light, gamma rays, and x-rays. He can manipulate gravitons to create an anti-gravity field, and does so whenever he levitates a non-magnetic object. Hence, Magneto may be living proof of the long-sought Unified Field Theory that all forms of energy are related. However, Magneto almost always uses only magnetism, since it’s more difficult for him to manipulate other forms of energy. Magneto has also exhibited powers of astral projection and telepathy, and has claimed to be able to control the minds of others, though his abilities along these lines appear to be minimal.

Magneto’s ability to wield his superhuman powers effectively is dependent upon his physical condition. When severely injured, his body is unable to withstand the strain of manipulating great amounts of magnetic forces.

#4 Posted by Mr Mofo (354 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta say that I think Magneto is kind of overrated (sorry "Mighty Magneto") but I don't know if Bobby could win. His powers have been kinda crazy lately but I don't think he really uses his head when he fights. I can't really recall him being a crucial part in a battle against Magneto. Magneto outclasses him in terms of strategy and experience. He would also fight dirtier.

#5 Posted by Mr Mofo (354 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes Magneto has his lame magnetic force field. Guess it depends on if he can lock it tight enough to keep out the moisture. Iceman would just have to put an ice block over Magneto's head and helmut. Although maybe Magneto would still be able to detect him through magnetic waves or something cheap like that.

If we talk about fashion though, neither would win. A purple cape versus a pair of shorts?

#6 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Iceman would win. All it would take is a thought for him to flash freeze Magneto or use the water in him to form another body.

#7 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

If Magneto catches Iceman in human form he just ripes the iron out of his blood and hes dead.

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto can't keep out moisture, it's in his body.

And Iceman wins the fashion contest too:

#9 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Mighty Magneto says:

"If Magneto catches Iceman in human form he just ripes the iron out of his blood and hes dead."

Wouldn't work, he's been destroyed in human form before and reformed.

#10 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

good guys are overrated if you ask me magneto would kill iceman

#11 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman has fought Magneto alot in Xmen comics and never beaten him solo.

#12 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you can, but as a starting point, not as a limit to their abilities.

#13 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

boken says:

"good guys are overrated if you ask me magneto would kill iceman"

How?

Mighty Magneto says:

"Iceman has fought Magneto alot in Xmen comics and never beaten him solo."

It's the same as bad guys never really winning or killing good guys. Look past it and tell me who you think would win if they were to really go for it.

#14 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. But just in case anyone thinks Iceman is limited to things he's done in comics, most of the ways I would say Iceman would win come from comics where he's already done it. He's frozen Emma Frost's brain (he didn't kill her because he wanted information from her), he ripped the liquids out of someone (who was otherwise indestructible and could heal from things like her head getting taken off), he did something called "moisture inversion" that could instantly turn someone (he actually did it to Magneto but it wasn't in a fight) into water and back again later, and he even froze the entire body (not just put him in ice but froze every cell) of Legion, a reality warper.

#15 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Hehe...maybe. I made two totally fair fights so I thought one unfair one wouldn't be too bad.

#16 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

That and he know i would try and defend Magneto even when i know he'll lose.

#17 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

#19 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

This one is kinda hard for me because they both can use their mutant ability to drastically change the fight in their favor with their "elements", ice and metal. I have to say that it would depend greatly on where they fight. If they're in a junkyard, Magneto obviously would win. If they're at the south pole, Iceman would win. Magneto isn't really a hero who always fights fair though. But I guess if no one interferes in any way, I'd say probably Iceman takes down Mags. But that's just me tossing my coin.........Iceman was heads.

#20 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't see Magneto winning in any circumstance. How do you defend against someone turning you into a puddle of water if they can do it with a single thought? How do you kill something that doesn't need a physical body?

#21 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Magneto wins, but I'm not basing it on logic, I'm basing it on fact. Magneto is a villain that opposes all the X-Men. He is designed to be a match for multiple mutants. Iceman, even though he's technically more powerful, would lose because he's just one member of a team that Magneto constantly faces, most times alone. Unless we're talking about Ice-Zombie here, Magneto picks up the win, because he has to.

#22 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"I say Magneto wins, but I'm not basing it on logic..."

Nuff said.

#23 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#24 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright it's was hard for me to find away for magento to win but i got one.

Magneto Tricks iceman into go into a steam room and locks the door behind him ice man melts and stays evaporated. Or there is always threwing his ass in the sun thats good idea too.

#25 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman can exist as any form of water, ice, water or water vapor, so making him steam wouldn't kill him, and neither would throwing him in the sun. He could transfer his consciousness into any water, including the water in Magneto, before he gets tossed. But even if these things could kill him, he could kill Magneto before he did either of them.

#26 Posted by Broken Arrow (493 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you ever been in a steam room. Someone with Iceman's ability would have no problem turning it into an ice box.

#27 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

LoL

#28 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, couldn't you technically freeze Iceman so much that his powers overload and he cracks in two? Or, just pour water on him, watch him shatter. I say Magneto sicks a firehydrant on him and personally f*cks him up...

#29 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

That wouldn't even come close to having a chance of working.

#30 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

This guy is very interesting buckshot

#31 Posted by Powerhouse (12 posts) - - Show Bio

You break Iceman down into six piece's,2 arms,2 legs,1 head,and his body. Stick each piece in seperate vat's of liquid hydrogen. Then you send them in different direction's. Eventually he will starve to death.

#32 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

No, he won't. He's not contained in his body, he can survive without it and create a new one.

#33 Posted by Dr_Gee (83 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going for the iceman in this one even though magneto has the experience i think iceman could take him..Buckshot pretty much said why iceman would win

#34 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't really take into account that he could liquify himself. Kinda forgot about that part. Yeah, I'd say in a fair fight, Mags loses.

#35 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, Mags, gotta say Iceman. If he's in ice form, there's no metal for Mags to control.

#36 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking that if Magneto smached iceman inbetween two cars or something like that and kept piling on the cars or whatever that it would do him in. But if Iceman liquifies himself to total water, you can't smash water. So unfortunately, Mags, I gotta go with Iceman.

#37 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto would make fun of Iceman and he'd run home crying? Maybe that would work.....

#38 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

Damm Emma Frost

#39 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

So in an indirect way, she killed Magneto. Damn her.

#40 Posted by Sir Knight (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto sucks, Iceman Rocks.

#41 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto's cooler than Iceman. I mean this figuratively-not literally.

#42 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my 3rd try to post here lol

OK..

1,How long can iceman exist without his phsyical form??

2,Is this a new power, thxs to emma, or is he still learnign to use?

3,When in his ice form does he still retain iron in his system.

4,IS he affected by the law of gavity in all his states?

5,Does he have exp using his upper level omgea powers aginst equal or greater oppronites.

Mags has fought the whole xman, and than some, he has been to one to save to world, or last man standing, many times( marvel zombies,AOP,etc)

MAg has THE fight exp, wisdom,insight and indepth use of his powers and than some, and wont be using some ablitiy he just learn or trying to master.

Mag has even said he says iceman for last because iceman powers increase his mag powers

If iceman has any iron in his body, did hes done

IF iceman is still subject to gavity than, mag will just affect his brain by putting gavity on it, or his body, i wonder how long bobby can maintain iceform when 20g is being put on his body and mind.

If man can control gavity and affect it a modcule state did bobby done.

There has to be moisture in the air for bobby to ice anything, if thers not or mag makes/plans it that way... bobby done

Mag can affect the whole world emp/gavity can bobby affect or freeze the whole world( freezing new york is not the whole world)

IMO magento is rip off for not being omgea classs he should be

MAGNETO is what bobby my be in 10-20 yrs of exp and world knowledge,

omgea powers/threat or not magneto takes bobby down because he is MASTER OF MAG, and bobby just omgea threat (keyword threat meaning maybe) iceman

#43 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Affecting iron in Iceman wouldn't do anything. His physical body is not important, so ripping iron out of it would do nothing. Iceman has no brain when he's ice so doing anything to his brain would be impossible. When has Magneto ever fought using gravity? When has he ever taken the iron out of someone? I keep hearing that he'd do it but no one's been able to show him doing it. But it doesn't matter though, neither of those tactics will work when all Iceman has to do is think to turn Magneto into a puddle of water or a block of ice. How can Magneto make it so there's no moisture when his body is made mostly water? If anyone's going to ripping something from someone else, it will be bobby taking all the water out of Mags and killing him. There's nothing Magneto can do to him.
Post Edited:2007-03-15 10:20:07

#44 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

so hows does he iceman exist or think, does he control himself though psyhic avtar or something simliar were is it shown he does not have a brain? Is not gavity a base of maguestism are not the earth poles affect by this. I can see where i have added AMO in some of these this but agian please look up the earth magnetic shperes/poles

and than look in the books mangeto has affceted these thing. AS stated i may have added my opnion in magnetos case..but if controls Maguesiosm that who he is, and if you look at all the real life snuff affected by this, and than look in the comics.. he fullcable of these things, but since it may not be in the comic books written or draw ever so clearly...

last time i check he flew because he affected gavity..more less the earth magnetic field

also where is it stated that he has no iron in his body..just asking

also where is started/written/shown he has no brain to affect?

i find it hard once agian that ice man can think and turn someone to a puddle

i just think you have to have a brain which can be affected but that just me?

Magnetohydrodynamics

electromagnetism

these 2 are worth looking at...

but if you want me to say if iceman wins i will, but after really looking at the comics.games real life, i just dont see bobby doing it

#45 Posted by DEADPOOL (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron-Blood trick vs. Freezing-Blood trick... I can't decide.

#46 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

go dp. i can trust you, your deathpool :)

#47 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Sync says:

"so hows does he iceman exist or think, does he control himself though psyhic avtar or something simliar were is it shown he does not have a brain? Is not gavity a base of maguestism are not the earth poles affect by this. I can see where i have added AMO in some of these this but agian please look up the earth magnetic shperes/polesand than look in the books mangeto has affceted these thing. AS stated i may have added my opnion in magnetos case..but if controls Maguesiosm that who he is, and if you look at all the real life snuff affected by this, and than look in the comics.. he fullcable of these things, but since it may not be in the comic books written or draw ever so clearly...last time i check he flew because he affected gavity..more less the earth magnetic fieldalso where is it stated that he has no iron in his body..just askingalso where is started/written/shown he has no brain to affect?i find it hard once agian that ice man can think and turn someone to a puddlei just think you have to have a brain which can be affected but that just me?Magnetohydrodynamicselectromagnetismthese 2 are worth looking at...but if you want me to say if iceman wins i will, but after really looking at the comics.games real life, i just dont see bobby doing it"

I'm trying so hard to understand what you wrote. Forget it, I'm just going to respond to what I think you said. The physical brain and the mind are not the same thing, so Bobby can have his mind even though he doesn't have a physical brain. How do I know he doesn't have a brain? Among other things, he's been completely destroyed but still reformed himself. If he had a brain (in ice form) and couldn't live without it, then when he was destroyed he wouldn't be able to reform, but he can and he has. As I've said, it doesn't matter if he has iron floating around in his ice. What would Magneto do with that iron that would hurt Bobby? Would he destroy his body? That wouldn't work since he doesn't need it. Would he hold him in place so he couldn't attack? That wouldn't work because he could still kill Magneto without moving, or he could just move his mind into another body of water (like Magneto's body). Turning people into water is something he's done before. He's done it to Magneto before (when they were on the same team in AOA) to get him from one place to another faster, all he'd have to do is not turn him back into flesh and blood. He's also done it in the 616 universe. And if you want to talk about affecting brains, Iceman can do that too. He's shown himself capable of turning people's brains into ice, so why couldn't he do it to Magneto. There's nothing Magneto could do that could kill Iceman, and Iceman has at least 3 easy ways to kill him that don't take any more time than it takes him to think. He can turn him to ice, turn him to water or just take all the water out of his body, killing him.

#48 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

Your style of fighting could be called "Wall-of-text fighting". The premise-make a huge, detailed wall of text and they're sure to surrender.

#49 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Did I ever say he was? People just keep putting him in fights where it's almost guaranteed that he'd win and then acting like his opponents even have half a chance of walking away alive.

#50 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

How?