#201 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorznb said:

@Hohenheim_of_light:

1. Captain Universe's power getting deflected with a gesture is a feat. And Tri Sentinel is class 100
  2. Mags could generate EMS or EMF by himself.
  3. Xavier and Jean were using psionics... sorry my bad
  4. of course he could... he is an embodiment of a star.
  5. I can post scans that he could withstand it.
  6. He could open Hal if he wanted to.
  7. No... just trying to prove his control over protons and light.
  8. Actually no... but Mags durability while weakened and not using his powers is an impressive feat.
  9. Can you provide when Magneto had trouble with manipulating matter?
  10. That's why I used also... I know green lantern's power sets
  11. Not PIS... its his strength feat.
  12. I dunno... another control over something I guess
  13. But he was still able to catch up with him.
  14. Do you mean Earth? He only wrapped around it so that Supes can pull.
  15. Yeah... but cyclops could adjust the intensity of his beams... and that shows Magneto can also manipulate Green Light constructs
  16. If I recall correctly... he has created a black hole (not sure if it were a black hole) that destroyed assassins... I don't recall this particular event.

1. No it isn't, because Cosmic Spidey wasn't powerful. Regular Sentinels are class 100 so I'm not seeing your point

2. ??

3. Relevance? Lanterns don't attack psionically.

4. It proves my point, Phoenix, especially Green Phoenix, isn't very powerful

5. You could if you want but more recently he was barely able to block one.

6. He couldn't open T'Challa because of his vibranium armor, he couldn't open Paulie Provenzano, a guy who isn't class 100. So no.

7. Which doesn't help him here

8. Doesn't matter because it holds no relevance here

9. Read the issue where he fought Northstar and other rookie X-men, I forgot the issue but it's the same one where he couldn't damage Paulie Provenzano because he was too durable

10. And it still doesn't help him here

11. It's PIS, Hercules is a brick capable of slugging it out with Thor and Hulk a,d Magneto is suppose to be strong enough to overpower him?

12. Which doesn't help him here

13. Yeah, but it shows that he couldn't originally react to him.

14. Still wrapped it around the Earth regardless

15. Cyclops can adjust the intensity of beams that are yet to come out of his visor, he can do nothing to the energy that's already out of the visor, Lanterns can control energy that's already out of the ring, meaning Magneto can do nothing since he'd have to have control greater than the Lanterns do, which he's incapable of

#202 Posted by sentryman555 (650 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way I see Magneto beating Hal is because of Hal's lack of concentration. He may just see an old guy when he fights Magneto and not be trying to hard. I'm sure Magneto is at least as fast as batman and can get Hal's ring from his finger. Then since its in space Hal just loses oxygen and dies.

#203 Posted by chriconz123 (582 posts) - - Show Bio

@sentryman555 said:

The only way I see Magneto beating Hal is because of Hal's lack of concentration. He may just see an old guy when he fights Magneto and not be trying to hard. I'm sure Magneto is at least as fast as batman and can get Hal's ring from his finger. Then since its in space Hal just loses oxygen and dies.

Wait, what? Hal losing oxygen in space and DIES? HAHAHAHAHA

The fight takes place in space, can Mags survive in space unaided? If not, then I don't see the point of this thread having 200+ replies when the answer was already clear the moment this thread was started.

#204 Posted by MagneticShockwave (1244 posts) - - Show Bio
@chriconz123 said:

@sentryman555 said:

The fight takes place in space, can Mags survive in space unaided? If not, then I don't see the point of this thread having 200+ replies when the answer was already clear the moment this thread was started.

Any place that has a frequency, Magneto can survive. And Magneto is 14 times the faster thinker and reaction speed of Batman.
#205 Posted by emperorznb (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hohenheim_of_light: Yeah... but have ordinary green lanterns exhibited greater feats than Magneto... No. All I'm saying is Magneto can be on par with ordinary green lanterns and this battle is not a curbstomp.

#206 Edited by chriconz123 (582 posts) - - Show Bio

@MagneticShockwave said:

@chriconz123 said:

@sentryman555 said:

Any place that has a frequency, Magneto can survive. And Magneto is 14 times the faster thinker and reaction speed of Batman.

Scans of both please. And if you're referring to Magneto being x14 "faster than a normal human", Batman in anyway isn't a normal human. Mags doesn't even have the proper H2H or reaction speed.

#207 Posted by Dernman (13969 posts) - - Show Bio

The amount of PIS, WIS, and Other in this thread is staggering.

#208 Posted by Billy Batson (56850 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Hal

BB

#209 Posted by Owie (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

@chriconz123 said:

He actually can survive in space unaided.

Flies in space unaided

(This "white pilgrim" is Magneto.)

#210 Posted by MagneticShockwave (1244 posts) - - Show Bio
@chriconz123 said:

@MagneticShockwave said:

@chriconz123 said:

@sentryman555 said:

Any place that has a frequency, Magneto can survive. And Magneto is 14 times the faster thinker and reaction speed of Batman.

Scans of both please. And if you're referring to Magneto being x14 "faster than a normal human", Batman in anyway isn't a normal human. Mags doesn't even have the proper H2H or reaction speed.

You never seen Magneto in space? He used to live on an Asteroid. How did you think he got back and forth from there to Earth. As for H2H, Magneto is known to be an expert at it rivaling those of Cyclops and Sebastian Shaw. 

@Owie said:

@chriconz123 said:

Flies in space unaided

That's because as I said in previous post, that Magneto can transmute oxygen. And unless no body knows; you can't really do that unless you can alter molecules which Magneto CAN because a molecule is constructed out of Electrons..... Electrons are sub particles that follow the rules of EMF/EMS
#211 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorznb said:

@Hohenheim_of_light: Yeah... but have ordinary green lanterns exhibited greater feats than Magneto... No. All I'm saying is Magneto can be on par with ordinary green lanterns and this battle is not a curbstomp.

Which is false, Mags is no where near any Lantern and this battle is a curbstomp.

#212 Posted by emperorznb (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hohenheim_of_light: Do you have any proof that any regular lantern can rival magneto? How can a regular green lantern defeat a guy who can control protons?

#213 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal takes this.

Magneto is powerful enough to get through Hal's shields, and since Lanterns can now kill, he's not going to be holding back.

#214 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorznb said:

@Hohenheim_of_light: Do you have any proof that any regular lantern can rival magneto? How can a regular green lantern defeat a guy who can control protons?

Dude...I've already debunked every one of the mediocre feats you posted. Show Magneto being able to survive in a black hole, show him being able to destroy a planet, because these are feats that a Rookie Kyle Rayner did.

#215 Posted by emperorznb (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hohenheim_of_light: Kyle Rayner is a mainstream character. Even as a novice they will portray his great feats. The ones I'm talking about are the other Lanterns who aren't mainstream.

#216 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorznb said:

@Hohenheim_of_light: Kyle Rayner is a mainstream character. Even as a novice they will portray his great feats. The ones I'm talking about are the other Lanterns who aren't mainstream.

He was still a rookie Lantern. He shows what rookie Lanterns are capable of. So unless you have Magneto feats that can match up, you're claims of Magneto being on par with any Lanterns or this not being a stomp, have been refuted and are 100% invalid. It doesn't matter how many times you repeat them, they remain false.

#217 Posted by cattlebattle (12273 posts) - - Show Bio
@chriconz123 said:

Actually Magneto does have several instances that would suggest his reaction time is super human...Its just a question of their consistency
#218 Posted by sentryman555 (650 posts) - - Show Bio

@MagneticShockwave said:

@chriconz123 said:

@MagneticShockwave said:

@chriconz123 said:

@sentryman555 said:

You never seen Magneto in space? He used to live on an Asteroid. How did you think he got back and forth from there to Earth. As for H2H, Magneto is known to be an expert at it rivaling those of Cyclops and Sebastian Shaw.

@Owie said:

@chriconz123 said:

Flies in space unaided

That's because as I said in previous post, that Magneto can transmute oxygen. And unless no body knows; you can't really do that unless you can alter molecules which Magneto CAN because a molecule is constructed out of Electrons..... Electrons are sub particles that follow the rules of EMF/EMS

Alright I was pretty sure Magneto could survive in space but didn't remember if it was actually from something. Glad to see my logic wasn't flawed ha

#219 Posted by NatalieImbruglia (52 posts) - - Show Bio
Mags could just disperse Hal's atoms into the atmosphere. He can do this with just a fraction within a fraction of his powers. 

#220 Posted by NatalieImbruglia (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal can not beat Legion nor Proteus. 

#221 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@NatalieImbruglia said:

Mags could just disperse Hal's atoms into the atmosphere. He can do this with just a fraction within a fraction of his powers.

Magneto couldn't even disperse Paulie Provenzo's atoms, he couldn't do it to Black Panther either because of his armor, so your logic is flawed

@NatalieImbruglia said:

I know nothing about Proteus so I can't comment but your ABC logic isn't working. Magneto is a B lister and would get massacred by any Lantern let alone a top tier one.

#222 Posted by FlashyMan82 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Lock

#223 Posted by MrDirector786 (43131 posts) - - Show Bio

@FlashyMan82 said:

Lock

Only a moderator or staff member can do that.

#224 Posted by AtraCruor (237 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hohenheim_of_light
I've already answered your whole Paulie comment.  Magneto could not affect the iron... okay?  the IRON in Paulie's blood because of his invulnerability, but he still levitated him up into space with ease. 
#225 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtraCruor said:

@Hohenheim_of_light: I've already answered your whole Paulie comment. Magneto could not affect the iron... okay? the IRON in Paulie's blood because of his invulnerability, but he still levitated him up into space with ease.

Paulie only has invulnerability to a certain degree. He's durable because he's still a brick, a low level brick but still a brick. It shows that Magneto can't rip anyone apart who's around that level of durability.

#226 Posted by AtraCruor (237 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hohenheim_of_light
No it does not.  It shows that with Paulie, he can't due to the powers his mutation has given  him.  When he manipulate Ms. Marvel / She-Hulk, call them B-listers if you want they are still FAR above Paulie, he made one one shot the other through manipulation of I believe the iron in their blood.  However, even if it wasn't by that, there are still the magnetic fields flowing throughout their bodies because of their brains functioning and their nervous systems.

Also, his shields have been stopped by Cyclops and Storm yes, but at other times have taken hits without even faltering from the likes of She-Hulk and, here comes an A-lister, Thor. 

Reversing polarities as has been stated repeatedly, will not negate Magneto's powers. Polaris' own personal polarity is the opposite of his and he's still beaten her in fights against her as it doesn't do anything to them. 

Also the strength feat stated where Magnus broke free from Hercules' grip is not PIS or any such thing.  As I told you earlier, Magneto can and does boost himself up with magnetic energy giving himself super speed, durability and strength and the limits that he can do this are unknown but as shown in that, it can be done to the point his strength can reach that level.
#227 Posted by MrDirector786 (43131 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtraCruor:

Thor once shattered Magneto's shields by himself.

#228 Posted by AtraCruor (237 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786
And?  That doesn't negate that he's held off the attacks before.
#229 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtraCruor said:

@Hohenheim_of_light: No it does not. It shows that with Paulie, he can't due to the powers his mutation has given him. When he manipulate Ms. Marvel / She-Hulk, call them B-listers if you want they are still FAR above Paulie, he made one one shot the other through manipulation of I believe the iron in their blood. However, even if it wasn't by that, there are still the magnetic fields flowing throughout their bodies because of their brains functioning and their nervous systems. Also, his shields have been stopped by Cyclops and Storm yes, but at other times have taken hits without even faltering from the likes of She-Hulk and, here comes an A-lister, Thor. Reversing polarities as has been stated repeatedly, will not negate Magneto's powers. Polaris' own personal polarity is the opposite of his and he's still beaten her in fights against her as it doesn't do anything to them. Also the strength feat stated where Magnus broke free from Hercules' grip is not PIS or any such thing. As I told you earlier, Magneto can and does boost himself up with magnetic energy giving himself super speed, durability and strength and the limits that he can do this are unknown but as shown in that, it can be done to the point his strength can reach that level.

He didn't rip Ms Marvel or She Hulk apart now did he? Lifting a character up off the ground is one thing, being able to atomically disperse them is something else. Not only with Paulie, but he wasn't able to rip Black Panther apart because of his vibranium mesh.

Just because he can survive pot shots from She Hulk and Thor doesn't mean his shields are powerful. Thor has shown that when he really wants to and tires, he can crack Magneto's shields like an egg.

Yes, breaking free from Hercules grip is a severe case of PIS because Magneto doesn't have any degree of superhuman strength. Even if he amps himself he isn't able to amp himself to a degree where he can match high tier characters, on top of that there was no indication in that instance of him amping himself either.

#230 Posted by MrDirector786 (43131 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtraCruor said:

@MrDirector786: And? That doesn't negate that he's held off the attacks before.

There was one instance where his attacks held off Thor and She-Hulk, yet another time Thor broke through by himself. They contradict.

#231 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrDirector786 said:

@AtraCruor said:

There was one instance where his attacks held off Thor and She-Hulk, yet another time Thor broke through by himself. They contradict.

On top of that there are more instances of characters breaking through his shields.

#232 Posted by nickthedevil (11087 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hohenheim_of_light said:

@MrDirector786 said:

@AtraCruor said:

On top of that there are more instances of characters breaking through his shields.

like Cyclops on their first mission

#233 Posted by nickthedevil (11087 posts) - - Show Bio

Really quickly, how does one post a GIF on comicvine?

i post em and they don't move

#234 Posted by emperorznb (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hohenheim_of_light: Magneto can amp his strength using vast amounts of magnetic energy that he can generate psionically or physically.

#235 Posted by emperorznb (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

@NatalieImbruglia: Of course he can't and neither does any green lantern... If they were to defeat legion or proteus then that would take an entirely vast amount of PIS xD

#236 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorznb said:

@Hohenheim_of_light: Magneto can amp his strength using vast amounts of magnetic energy that he can generate psionically or physically.

Of course he can, but to what degree is another ordeal.

#237 Posted by emperorznb (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hohenheim_of_light: But seeing that he can generate near infinite amounts of magnetic energy... He can possibly exceed 100 tons effortlessly.

#238 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorznb said:

@Hohenheim_of_light: But seeing that he can generate near infinite amounts of magnetic energy... He can possibly exceed 100 tons effortlessly.

Um, can you tell me where exactly is states this? Please don't me Marvel database.

#239 Posted by Freefa11 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrDirector786 said:

@AtraCruor said:

This depends entirely on when they happened. Magneto has been around for nearly 50 years now, and he and his power set have not been static during all that time. Off the top of my head, he has received at least 2 extremely significant power ups since that time; the first when he became an adult again after being de-aged by Erik the Red, the second before the Fatal Attractions arc when he partially dispersed and merged with the planet's magnetosphere. Post Fatal Attractions Magneto would utterly destroy 1960's Magneto, along with his Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and all the X-Men (and you could probably toss in the later versions of that group as well as the Hellfire Club, and he'd still come out on top).

The reason I mention this is because when people bring up Thor defeating him, it is usually from a very old issue from the 60's, whereas I believe the issue he took the hit from She-Hulk and Thor together was from the 1980's (I believe he was teaching the New Mutants at the time), meaning there's a good chance it was after the first power up. Even aside from the giant boosts he's received, I think Magneto grew somewhat in power over the years anyway (just like most of the X-Men themselves have; really, barring any blatant nerfing, I think most current mutants would own their 1960/1970s counterparts; Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Iceman, etc). If there is a more recent issue of Thor easily crushing Magneto's shields, then this is a moot point, but usually people only bring up the old encounter.

#240 Edited by Saren (24288 posts) - - Show Bio

@NatalieImbruglia said:

This was after Proteus spent two whole issues slapping Magnus around just for the hell of it. He went easy on Magneto because he was sure he would win, and that gave Magneto time to beat him. It's CIS. In a straight up fight, Magneto dies the instant Proteus decides he should die. Literally. And Legion has effortlessly kicked Magneto's ass in every fight they've had, and almost killed him in one of them.

#241 Posted by NatalieImbruglia (52 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:

@AtraCruor:

Thor once shattered Magneto's shields by himself.

No. Magneto was already weakened by plot. Remember, during the 1st 6 pages, Magneto was totally owning Thor. Thor transformed into Donald Blake and transformed Mljior into a walking stick and ran away. Magneto kicked the walking stick aside and continued programing the computers until Donald Blake tippy toed behind Magneto --- Grabbed the walking stick and transformed into Thor. Thor gave Magneto a cheap shot from behind and Magneto tried to escape. Thor chased him and Magneto weakened already was struggling on the ground and tried to put up his forcefield at an already weakened state. So basically in that whole fight. 

Magneto was beating Thor for about 6 pages. 
2 pages Thor turned into Donald Blake while Magneto already though he scared off Thor 
and then an additional 2 pages where Thor sneaks up on Magneto and beats the crap out of him.
#242 Edited by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@NatalieImbruglia said:

This was after Proteus spent two whole issues slapping Magnus around just for the hell of it. He went easy on Magneto because he was sure he would win, and that gave Magneto time to beat him. It's CIS. In a straight up fight, Magneto dies the instant Proteus decides he should die. Literally. And Legion has effortlessly kicked Magneto's ass in every fight they've had, and almost killed him in one of them.

Thanks for clearing that up.

#243 Edited by NatalieImbruglia (52 posts) - - Show Bio

@NatalieImbruglia said:

Mags could just disperse Hal's atoms into the atmosphere. He can do this with just a fraction within a fraction of his powers.

Magneto couldn't even disperse Paulie Provenzo's atoms, he couldn't do it to Black Panther either because of his armor, so your logic is flawed

@NatalieImbruglia said:

I know nothing about Proteus so I can't comment but your ABC logic isn't working. Magneto is a B lister and would get massacred by any Lantern let alone a top tier one.

But you have to agree that Magneto can literally tear the structure of a physical body with quote Fraction of a fraction end quote, of his powers.
#244 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@NatalieImbruglia:Magneto can tear apart canon fodder enemies with no degree of superhuman durability, he couldn't damange Paulie Provenzano, and he couldn't damage Black Panther because of his vibranium mesh.

#245 Posted by NatalieImbruglia (52 posts) - - Show Bio

@NatalieImbruglia:Magneto can tear apart canon fodder enemies with no degree of superhuman durability, he couldn't damange Paulie Provenzano, and he couldn't damage Black Panther because of his vibranium mesh.

Well I can't say much for Black Panther. I mean he kinda gave Surfer an armlock, but I think that was explained by him later on. But for Paul Provenzano. His natural mutant powers is to have Complete Invulnerability for any such power that so much as traces his skin. Sorta like a generic Juggernaut rip off character. It wasn't his so called durability that saved him from Magneto's direct powers, it was because of his power to adapt and become invulnerable to it.
#246 Edited by NatalieImbruglia (52 posts) - - Show Bio

There should be a battle between some high class DC character like Hal against  Paul Provenzano. It would give some example of how Paul's powers work.

#247 Posted by AtraCruor (237 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hohenheim_of_light:   
Jesus. Stop with Paulie.  If anything is PIS it is a character that was in a single arc resisting his powers. 

However, of course Magneto would not rip apart the Avengers.. Murdering the Avengers with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver there to inspect Genosha for the UN would have been detrimental as hell to what he was trying to accomplish.    
However http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Xf1KPssmdcE/S67L0RILbII/AAAAAAAACeE/t75x5v05hlI/s1600/magneto+dark+seduction+%233.jpg 
There is the scan of him using the iron in the blood of the Avengers to cause them all pain and hold them off.  The only reason Iron Man gets free is his suit's systems automatically started working to counter Magneto and he even still admits that Magneto would beat his suit's systems and defenses. And whether you wish to call them B-list or not, She Hulk and Ms Marve >>>>> greater durability than Paulie. Also note, that Magnus was weaker than normal and was having to leech off of Polaris to be powered.

When Thor really tries? What qualifies as that? Hitting with the force to shatter a skyscraper? A mountain? A moon?  . 

@MrDirector786:

Agreed, but it does show the capability of what his shields can take. Cyclops breaking through Magneto's shields in the very first issue was later changed.  There was a series called Professor Xavier and the X-Men, during Jim Lee's time as artist, which retold those stories and, though its been a while since I read it, I don't remember Cyclops pulling the same feat off since by this time he had grown so much in power as a character.
#248 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtraCruor said:

@Hohenheim_of_light:
Jesus. Stop with Paulie. If anything is PIS it is a character that was in a single arc resisting his powers.

However, of course Magneto would not rip apart the Avengers.. Murdering the Avengers with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver there to inspect Genosha for the UN would have been detrimental as hell to what he was trying to accomplish.
However http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Xf1KPssmdcE/S67L0RILbII/AAAAAAAACeE/t75x5v05hlI/s1600/magneto+dark+seduction+%233.jpg There is the scan of him using the iron in the blood of the Avengers to cause them all pain and hold them off. The only reason Iron Man gets free is his suit's systems automatically started working to counter Magneto and he even still admits that Magneto would beat his suit's systems and defenses. And whether you wish to call them B-list or not, She Hulk and Ms Marve >>>>> greater durability than Paulie. Also note, that Magnus was weaker than normal and was having to leech off of Polaris to be powered.When Thor really tries? What qualifies as that? Hitting with the force to shatter a skyscraper? A mountain? A moon? . @MrDirector786: Agreed, but it does show the capability of what his shields can take. Cyclops breaking through Magneto's shields in the very first issue was later changed. There was a series called Professor Xavier and the X-Men, during Jim Lee's time as artist, which retold those stories and, though its been a while since I read it, I don't remember Cyclops pulling the same feat off since by this time he had grown so much in power as a character.

Why? Because it pretty much debunks the absurd notion of Magneto ripping people apart? If you can't show me Magneto ripping anyone apart who has some degree of superhuman durability than no, I'm not going to stop using that for your convenience.

Sorry but that scan doesn't prove anything either. It shows Magneto restraining them, it doesn't explain how Magneto is restraining them. He could restrain Paulie Provenzano also, my argument was that he was never able to damage characters with superhuman durability and so far, you've yet to prove otherwise.

#249 Posted by NatalieImbruglia (52 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtraCruor said:
@Hohenheim_of_light:   
Jesus. Stop with Paulie.  If anything is PIS it is a character that was in a single arc resisting his powers. 

However http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Xf1KPssmdcE/S67L0RILbII/AAAAAAAACeE/t75x5v05hlI/s1600/magneto+dark+seduction+%233.jpg There is the scan of him using the iron in the blood of the Avengers to cause them all pain and hold them off.  The only reason Iron Man gets free is his suit's systems automatically started working to counter Magneto and he even still admits that Magneto would beat his suit's systems and defenses. And whether you wish to call them B-list or not, She Hulk and Ms Marve >>>>> greater durability than Paulie. Also note, that Magnus was weaker than normal and was having to leech off of Polaris to be powered.When Thor really tries? What qualifies as that? Hitting with the force to shatter a skyscraper? A mountain? A moon?  .      @MrDirector786: Agreed, but it does show the capability of what his shields can take. Cyclops breaking through Magneto's shields in the very first issue was later changed.  There was a series called Professor Xavier and the X-Men, during Jim Lee's time as artist, which retold those stories and, though its been a while since I read it, I don't remember Cyclops pulling the same feat off since by this time he had grown so much in power as a character.
Very true. Magneto's character flaw is that he just talks too much and spares for the most part. Even if he did fight Hal Jordan, he would somehow restrain him, but then after restraining him, Magneto would go back to his old classic cliche self and melo drama this and melo drama that and speak highly about himself in 3rd person. I mean this is his character! So yeah, Hal would figure a way to defeat Magneto with all this time Magneto gives him. 

The Iron Man and magnetic polarities arguments are moot too, because Magneto's powers do not work on polarities. They work on EM frequencies. The list is right here.

#250 Edited by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@NatalieImbruglia:

Very true. Magneto's character flaw is that he just talks too much and spares for the most part. Even if he did fight Hal Jordan, he would somehow restrain him, but then after restraining him, Magneto would go back to his old classic cliche self and melo drama this and melo drama that and speak highly about himself in 3rd person. I mean this is his character! So yeah, Hal would figure a way to defeat Magneto with all this time Magneto gives him.

The Iron Man and magnetic polarities arguments are moot too, because Magneto's powers do not work on polarities. They work on EM frequencies. The list is right here.

Magneto wouldn't be able to restrain Hal because Hal isn't one of the many C and B list characters that Magneto fights. Hal doesn't need time to figure out a way to beat Magneto because he can literally kill Mags with a single attack. Vaporize him, transmute him into dust, wormhole him into the sun, or just drop a construct on top of him, pick your poison.

It doesn't matter weather Magneto talked or tried to fight his very hardest, because Hal, or any Lantern would slaughter this joke of a mutant in seconds.

Any top tier characters could slaughter Magneto in an instant, Lanterns included. There is absolutely nothing Mags can do.