Magneto 

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Both at standard power levels? What's Glads' confidence level?

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@jashro44 said:

Gladiator.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MAZAHS117

I'm going Magneto

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CrimsonCake

Gladiator.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#8  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

brilliant discussion

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn
Gladiator for the win. 
Last time I checked Gladiator could break Planets with his Bare Fists and has Microsecond Reaction Time and Quickness... he is basically a slightly weaker version of Superman... I don't know what Magneto could exploit on him. 
TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TERMINATORXX

Gladiator

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

A whole bunch of one answer post....

@Buckshot said:

brilliant discussion

I was just about to post the same thing....

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@King Saturn said:

Gladiator for the win.
Last time I checked Gladiator could break Planets with his Bare Fists and has Microsecond Reaction Time and Quickness... he is basically a slightly weaker version of Superman... I don't know what Magneto could exploit on him.

King gets a A+ for giving a explanation not just "Gladiator".

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By the creator

You very rarely see Gladiator blitz from the outset or use his heat vision as a first attack. Accordingly Magneto, who is no slouch in the reaction time dept (being rated at 15x the reaction speed of a normal human) should easily be able to raise his shields. The shields in the past have withstood the ground zero explosion of 2 small nuclear warheads and strikes from Mjolnir hurled by Thor. So I believe his shields can withstand Gladiators punches and heat vision, at least in the short term (if Magneto is at peak ability). As for hurting Gladiator, imprisoning him or BFRing him, it's going to be tough to really stop Gladiator. Magneto could open a wormhole, teleporting Gladiator away and claim a default win but Gladiators speed would have him back within tens of seconds, even from continents away. Alternatively it may be possible that Gladiators body contains iron making him susceptible to Magnetos direct attack but Gladiators invulnerability might prevent this working. Gladiator is too powerful to imprison with onventional matetials (Unless Magneto gets hold of some adamantium). Magneto might be able to manipulate Gladiators subatomic structure to also damage /kill him but again this needs to overcome his Invulnerability. Magneto does not know of Gladiators weakness to to specific wavelengths of radiation and has no means to stumble on to this. At his best Magneto could win via BFR, but a weakened Magneto is toast. Gladiator takes the win currently.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Jake Fury said:

Both at standard power levels? What's Glads' confidence level?

Always max, until enemy isn't low level, by definition. 

@King Saturn said:
Gladiator for the win. 
Nanosecond.

@the creator said:
You very rarely see Gladiator blitz from the outset or use his heat vision as a first attack. Accordingly Magneto, who is no slouch in the reaction time dept (being rated at 15x the reaction speed of a normal human) should easily be able to raise his shields. The shields in the past have withstood the ground zero explosion of 2 small nuclear warheads and strikes from Mjolnir hurled by Thor. So I believe his shields can withstand Gladiators punches and heat vision, at least in the short term (if Magneto is at peak ability). As for hurting Gladiator, imprisoning him or BFRing him, it's going to be tough to really stop Gladiator. Magneto could open a wormhole, teleporting Gladiator away and claim a default win but Gladiators speed would have him back within tens of seconds, even from continents away. Alternatively it may be possible that Gladiators body contains iron making him susceptible to Magnetos direct attack but Gladiators invulnerability might prevent this working. Gladiator is too powerful to imprison with onventional matetials (Unless Magneto gets hold of some adamantium). Magneto might be able to manipulate Gladiators subatomic structure to also damage /kill him but again this needs to overcome his Invulnerability. Magneto does not know of Gladiators weakness to to specific wavelengths of radiation and has no means to stumble on to this. At his best Magneto could win via BFR, but a weakened Magneto is toast. Gladiator takes the win currently.
Which would be out of character, so in that situation, Gladiator would speedblitz.

Gladiator wins, since in most of his fights/actions he actually uses his speed, he did it even in low-level (according to some people) fight with Sam, he used it to protect Vulcan and against Hyperion.  I remember that Gladiator speedblitzed Imperial Guard to help Lliandra and against Nova Corps.  But since we don't know level of speed in this attacks, it is possible that Magneto will rise up his shields (which acctually shouldn't be considered as "in character" action, since he barely do this in these times and he didn't - IIRC - against Iron Man who in theory could use speed against Eric). Yet, Magneto don't seem to have more powerfull shields than Quasar, who wasn't able to hold Kallark in his constructs (they weren't in max)  in the pst.
XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By XiiX

Gladiator.