Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By Satyrquaze

Warlock360 says:

"Yeah, but thats maybe the reason why?"

That is actually my thought.

Just because he's the #2 guy doesn't mean he earned it.

Avatar image for vlad_tepes_dracula
Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Satyrquaze says:

"Warlock360 says:
"Yeah, but thats maybe the reason why?"

That is actually my thought.

Just because he's the #2 guy doesn't mean he earned it.

"

But the simple fact that he IS capable of doing so

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103  Edited By Satyrquaze

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"But the simple fact that he IS capable of doing so"

Perhaps, I just don't see him beating someone like Baron Mordo is a straight up spell duel.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#104  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Pania says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Pania says:
"Hrm, plain old energy blasts Magneto can defend himself against readily (he has deflected the blast of a tactical nuke). Mystical blasts however...."

A nuke isn't an energy blast."

Er...yeah it is. a Nuclear explosion is a massive release of a bunch of energies, including kinetic force, heat, radiation, etc."

Ok but your talking about what happens after the nuke explodes..to start it's a hunk of metal.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#105  Edited By Pania

Yeah, but Magneto didn't stop the explosion. (Heck, one of them he set off the explosion himself.) He shielded himself from it's effects.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Pania says:

"Yeah, but Magneto didn't stop the explosion. (Heck, one of them he set off the explosion himself.) He shielded himself from it's effects. "

Yea but he saw the nuke coming correct? Just because Magneto has the protect himself against energy blast doesn't mean he'll react as fast as Doom can shoot something off.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#107  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Vance Astro says:

"Just because Magneto has the protect himself against energy blast doesn't mean he'll react as fast as Doom can shoot something off."

Magneto has faster (official) reflexes than Doom. The question is what will he do in the short lead he gets.

Satyrquaze, you're right, he's second in line to be sorcerer supreme (b/c of trickery) but he's not #2 in magical power or anything. Still though, Magneto's lack of magical knowledge or magical defenses means that he doesn't need to be.

P.I.R.A.T.E.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By P.I.R.A.T.E.

Buckshot, are we ACTUALLY on the same side this time o.O

Psionex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#109  Edited By Psionex

Pania says:

Only if he does it mystically. Tony has never been able to counter Magneto powers with his armor. Psionex says:

Doctor Doom is going to win for he would be probably use his highly intelligent mind to be able to counter Magneto's abilities. Though he will first send his doombots to fight Magneto to gauge his abilities if he doesn't already know what he is capable of already. Meticulously plan with every back up plan in Doctor Doom's mind he will face off with Magneto with every plan he could think of to defeat him. When Doctor Doom fights himself Magneto will notice he had found a way to protect himself from Magneto's magnetism. Though he will use everything metal around him to be able to try to attack Doom though it will be futile attempt on his part. Once he is weakened Doom will finish Magneto with a deadly final blow which could be magic or using the device to steal Magnetos powers and rip him apart with Magnetos own magnetic powers. By the way does anyone know if Doctor Doom right now still have the powers stealing device anymore?? If you do know PM me right away and let me know for I was wondering about that since my friend keeps bringing it up saying it is still apart of Dooms arsenal of tricks.
If Victor gets to bring all of his toys, Magnus gets to bring all of his. How are Doombots, or any of Doom's tech, going to work if the entire planetary EM field is under Magneto control control...or Magneto has turn Latervia into a range of active volcanoes. And Magneto does a LOT more than just sling metal around. Read his profile.
Post Edited:2008-05-01 11:45:01"

Doombots are simply sent to gauge the capabilities of Magneto for they are simply cannon fodder to be able to understand what Magneto is capable of here. I do not think anything Magneto has can stop Dooms technology for he is a lot smarter then magneto which is the greatest weapon in his arsenal here. Doom will always have something built to protect his countrymen for he will not let Magneto kill his people when he isn't the one to do it himself. Magic is one way he can protect the people of Latveria eveb if he isn't the strongest magician in Marvel. Magneto doesn't have a way to protect him here from magic if he still has the knowledge to cast spells. Magneto would have to first know what Doctor Doom is capable of here and he will probably underestimate him which will lead him to be defeated.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Buckshot says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Just because Magneto has the protect himself against energy blast doesn't mean he'll react as fast as Doom can shoot something off."
Magneto has faster (official) reflexes than Doom. The question is what will he do in the short lead he gets. Satyrquaze, you're right, he's second in line to be sorcerer supreme (b/c of trickery) but he's not #2 in magical power or anything. Still though, Magneto's lack of magical knowledge or magical defenses means that he doesn't need to be. "

I understand that Magneto is faster than Doom.But what I'm saying is if Doom can beat Magneto down to a certain point or get him in a vulnerable position...he could hit him with a beam that isn't magical.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By warlock360

Vance Astro says:

"Buckshot says:
"Vance Astro says:
Magneto has faster (official) reflexes than Doom. The question is what will he do in the short lead he gets. Satyrquaze, you're right, he's second in line to be sorcerer supreme (b/c of trickery) but he's not #2 in magical power or anything. Still though, Magneto's lack of magical knowledge or magical defenses means that he doesn't need to be. "

I understand that Magneto is faster than Doom.But what I'm saying is if Doom can beat Magneto down to a certain point or get him in a vulnerable position...he could hit him with a beam that isn't magical."

Magnetos Shields work against bullets atom bombs and such... but do they work against magic? or let me put it THIS way since this is a contest and not a straight out battle i do think there would be a prep time, and therefore what makes you all so sure that Doom wouldnt create a anti-magnetical device/beam/suit or whatever to own Mags? i sure as hell would if i was him, and i do believe that doom is smarter than the average guy, hence he is on Par with reed richards, and most cerainly WILL calculate that factor in. THE END

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Perfect Cell

White Mage says:

"Magneto is powerful, VERY POWERFUL. But Dr. Doom is in line to be the Soceror Supreme. His magic is powerful, and while Magneto can use his powers to attack Doom, he doesn't have the variety of powers neccessary to defeat him. I think Doom wins."

Ok i know about Doom, being the 2nd best of both sorcery and intellect in Earth of the Marvel Universe. But that doesn't necessarily make him the 2nd most powerful being on Earth. Doom might be famous for his variety of powers but what really make him "DOOM" is because of his "PREP-TIME" for his stratagies.

Magneto is also one of the most feared and evenmore so powerful of being in Earth of the Marvel Universe as well. Perhaps not as intellectual as Doom, but close enough. in contrast to the quote above; Magneto is popular becuase of his massive arrays of abilities.

Having control of the power of magnatism AND being a Master of it, makes Magneto a force to be reckoned with... Not only in Earth, but in the cosmos too. It's not just about controlling metals. Magneto can manipulate and create magnetic fields, electro magnetic fields, electricity... and with those; generate heat, solid forcefields, gamma radiation, X-ray radiation etc.. Of course metals is one of magneto's specialties, manipulating them is in fact the easiest things for him to do; almost effortless. but he can also manipulate almost any object.. and that includes PLASTIC!! Magneto can crush giant boulders of rock with his power by creating a forcefield and reducing the diameter of the forcefield. or he can just melt the boulder.

In comparison: Doom and Magneto are almost about equal in terms of Power. The real battle would be their wits... Magneto, also a tactical genius in par of Doom; but the only difference is Magneto's fast passed tactical attacks VS Doom's Prep-time stratagies.

Doom depends more on his technology over his magic anytime. he would analyze Magneto before fighting him head to head. So with the Doombots fighting Magneto 1st would be the thing Doom would do. He would use the Doombots to mimic Doom's own abilities and gather what magneto can and cannot do to counter the attacks.

One of Magneto's powers is that he can sense the electro magnetic pulses people generate compared to fake people, So magneto would definitely know that he is not fighting the Real Dr. Doom, but a robot replica of Doom. He instantly thinks that Doom is a coward. And quickly deposes of the fake Doom regardless if the Doombot had Anti-magnetic armor or not.

But that is a part of Doom's ploy.

What Doom sees is that; Magneto just destroyed the Doombot at 50% power with anti-megnetic armor. (all Doombots are 50% weaker then the actual Doom). Doom would then recalculate his approach and recalibrate his armor to defend itself from Magneto's variety of attacks (direct or indirect) <--- when i say direct; that means magneto can always change the wave frequencies of his beam or forcefield attacks.

In reality; Doom can only beat Magneto though prep-time strategy. Otherwise, use sheer strength alone to plume th magnus after dropping his protective forcefield because thats the only thing Doom has for him... And Magic!

Magneto:

Strength= 3

Int = 5

Energy = 6

Mental = 4

Speed = 6

Fighting ability = 4

Doom:

Strength= 5

Int = 6

Energy = 5

Mental = 4

Speed = 3

Fighting ability = 4

Perfecr CELL:

Str = 7

Int = 3

Ener = 7

Met = 5

Spe = 7

Figh = 7

Cell

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By warlock360

.... WOW DBZ Fanboyism on the nexr level

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Perfect Cell says:

"White Mage says:
"Magneto is powerful, VERY POWERFUL. But Dr. Doom is in line to be the Soceror Supreme. His magic is powerful, and while Magneto can use his powers to attack Doom, he doesn't have the variety of powers neccessary to defeat him. I think Doom wins."
Ok i know about Doom, being the 2nd best of both sorcery and intellect in Earth of the Marvel Universe. But that doesn't necessarily make him the 2nd most powerful being on Earth. Doom might be famous for his variety of powers but what really make him "DOOM" is because of his "PREP-TIME" for his stratagies. Magneto is also one of the most feared and evenmore so powerful of being in Earth of the Marvel Universe as well. Perhaps not as intellectual as Doom, but close enough. in contrast to the quote above; Magneto is popular becuase of his massive arrays of abilities. Having control of the power of magnatism AND being a Master of it, makes Magneto a force to be reckoned with... Not only in Earth, but in the cosmos too. It's not just about controlling metals. Magneto can manipulate and create magnetic fields, electro magnetic fields, electricity... and with those; generate heat, solid forcefields, gamma radiation, X-ray radiation etc.. Of course metals is one of magneto's specialties, manipulating them is in fact the easiest things for him to do; almost effortless. but he can also manipulate almost any object.. and that includes PLASTIC!! Magneto can crush giant boulders of rock with his power by creating a forcefield and reducing the diameter of the forcefield. or he can just melt the boulder. In comparison: Doom and Magneto are almost about equal in terms of Power. The real battle would be their wits... Magneto, also a tactical genius in par of Doom; but the only difference is Magneto's fast passed tactical attacks VS Doom's Prep-time stratagies. Doom depends more on his technology over his magic anytime. he would analyze Magneto before fighting him head to head. So with the Doombots fighting Magneto 1st would be the thing Doom would do. He would use the Doombots to mimic Doom's own abilities and gather what magneto can and cannot do to counter the attacks. One of Magneto's powers is that he can sense the electro magnetic pulses people generate compared to fake people, So magneto would definitely know that he is not fighting the Real Dr. Doom, but a robot replica of Doom. He instantly thinks that Doom is a coward. And quickly deposes of the fake Doom regardless if the Doombot had Anti-magnetic armor or not. But that is a part of Doom's ploy. What Doom sees is that; Magneto just destroyed the Doombot at 50% power with anti-megnetic armor. (all Doombots are 50% weaker then the actual Doom). Doom would then recalculate his approach and recalibrate his armor to defend itself from Magneto's variety of attacks (direct or indirect) <--- when i say direct; that means magneto can always change the wave frequencies of his beam or forcefield attacks. In reality; Doom can only beat Magneto though prep-time strategy. Otherwise, use sheer strength alone to plume th magnus after dropping his protective forcefield because thats the only thing Doom has for him... And Magic! Magneto: Strength= 3 Int = 5 Energy = 6 Mental = 4 Speed = 6 Fighting ability = 4 Doom: Strength= 5 Int = 6 Energy = 5 Mental = 4 Speed = 3 Fighting ability = 4 Perfecr CELL: Str = 7 Int = 3 Ener = 7 Met = 5 Spe = 7 Figh = 7 Cell "

Honestly WTF!?

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Pania

Warlock360 says:

Magnetos Shields work against bullets atom bombs and such... but do they work against magic? or let me put it THIS way since this is a contest and not a straight out battle i do think there would be a prep time, and therefore what makes you all so sure that Doom wouldnt create a anti-magnetical device/beam/suit or whatever to own Mags? i sure as hell would if i was him, and i do believe that doom is smarter than the average guy, hence he is on Par with reed richards, and most cerainly WILL calculate that factor in. THE END"

Because Magneto has already defeated all the anti-magnetic devices Tony has cooked up.,

Let's put it this way: Anything technological Doom does will run on electricity...guess what someone who controls Electromagnetism has control over?

If they both have prep time, then Magneto gets to bring all of his toys to the table too, and he is also considered a engineering, computer sciences, and tactical genius.

The only thing Doom has going for him in this fight is Magic. That's it.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By warlock360

Doom

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#117  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Pania says:

"Warlock360 says:
Magnetos Shields work against bullets atom bombs and such... but do they work against magic? or let me put it THIS way since this is a contest and not a straight out battle i do think there would be a prep time, and therefore what makes you all so sure that Doom wouldnt create a anti-magnetical device/beam/suit or whatever to own Mags? i sure as hell would if i was him, and i do believe that doom is smarter than the average guy, hence he is on Par with reed richards, and most cerainly WILL calculate that factor in. THE END"

Because Magneto has already defeated all the anti-magnetic devices Tony has cooked up.,

Let's put it this way: Anything technological Doom does will run on electricity...guess what someone who controls Electromagnetism has control over?

If they both have prep time, then Magneto gets to bring all of his toys to the table too, and he is also considered a engineering, computer sciences, and tactical genius.

The only thing Doom has going for him in this fight is Magic. That's it.

"

Thats not entirely true. Most of his inventions run off some sort of Cosmic Power and or Magic. I'm not saying all of it, but a fair majority. Magneto is a genius in his own right, but nowhere near thee inventor Dr. Doom is.

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Perfect Cell

Warlock360 says:

".... WOW DBZ Fanboyism on the nexr level"

Is that it???

Then i suppose you agree to my deduction of this battle then..

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Perfect Cell

Vance Astro says:

"Perfect Cell says:In reality; Doom can only beat Magneto though prep-time strategy. Otherwise, use sheer strength alone to plume th magnus after dropping his protective forcefield because thats the only thing Doom has for him... And Magic! Magneto: Strength= 3 Int = 5 Energy = 6 Mental = 4 Speed = 6 Fighting ability = 4 Doom: Strength= 5 Int = 6 Energy = 5 Mental = 4 Speed = 3 Fighting ability = 4 Perfecr CELL: Str = 7 Int = 3 Ener = 7 Met = 5 Spe = 7 Figh = 7 Cell "

Honestly WTF!?"

Basically, the battle isn't between who's power is greater... the battle really depends on who is trickier.

Magneto's real-time tactical thinking VS Doom's Pre-time stratagy.

There's alot of ways either magneto could win or alot of ways Doom could win; it just all depends on MIND GAMES.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By warlock360

Perfect Cell says:

"Warlock360 says:

Is that it???

"

Well... it IS Magneto vs. Doom but Cell isnt involved... Doom ;D

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Perfect Cell says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Perfect Cell says: In reality; Doom can only beat Magneto though prep-time strategy. Otherwise, use sheer strength alone to plume th magnus after dropping his protective forcefield because thats the only thing Doom has for him... And Magic! Magneto: Strength= 3 Int = 5 Energy = 6 Mental = 4 Speed = 6 Fighting ability = 4 Doom: Strength= 5 Int = 6 Energy = 5 Mental = 4 Speed = 3 Fighting ability = 4 Perfecr CELL: Str = 7 Int = 3 Ener = 7 Met = 5 Spe = 7 Figh = 7 Cell "
Honestly WTF!?"Basically, the battle isn't between who's power is greater... the battle really depends on who is trickier. Magneto's real-time tactical thinking VS Doom's Pre-time stratagy. There's alot of ways either magneto could win or alot of ways Doom could win; it just all depends on MIND GAMES. "

It has nothing to do with Mind games...it doesn't have to be a mind game to just be simply outsmarted...which i'm sure Doom could do to Magnus.

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Perfect Cell

Vance Astro says:

"Perfect Cell says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Perfect Cell says: In reality; Doom can only beat Magneto though prep-time strategy. Otherwise, use sheer strength alone to plume th magnus after dropping his protective forcefield because thats the only thing Doom has for him... And Magic! Magneto: Strength= 3 Int = 5 Energy = 6 Mental = 4 Speed = 6 Fighting ability = 4 Doom: Strength= 5 Int = 6 Energy = 5 Mental = 4 Speed = 3 Fighting ability = 4 Perfecr CELL: Str = 7 Int = 3 Ener = 7 Met = 5 Spe = 7 Figh = 7 Cell "
Honestly WTF!?"Basically, the battle isn't between who's power is greater... the battle really depends on who is trickier. Magneto's real-time tactical thinking VS Doom's Pre-time stratagy. There's alot of ways either magneto could win or alot of ways Doom could win; it just all depends on MIND GAMES. "

It has nothing to do with Mind games...it doesn't have to be a mind game to just be simply outsmarted...which i'm sure Doom could do to Magnus."

haha yeah, after Doom mind switches with a by-standing hotdog stand boy with a gun, he would.

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Perfect Cell

Warlock360 says:

"Perfect Cell says:
"Warlock360 says:

Is that it???

"

Well... it IS Magneto vs. Doom but Cell isnt involved... Doom ;D"

Who said Cell was? He's just watching the fight from a distance. no involvement what so ever.

I've been hearing about Doom's magic and magic armor and technologies and whatnot. Just because Doom has magic doesn't really mean Magneto has not defense from it. Magneto has the means to do what he would to Juggernaut, who is a basically a miniture god. protected by magical armor (Probably the most indestructible magical armor is the marvel univrse) but Magneto had, still, would be able, and will still beable to defeat the juggernaut.

So Doom trying to protect himself with magical armor would still futile against Magneto. And a magical blast would not be able to penetrate Magneto's forcefield. The only Magic power Doom would be able to use is to either summon something or do a illusionary magic to confuse and tire out Magneto 1st.

Like i said in a previous post: Magneto's Real-Time Tactical stratagies VS Doom's Prep-Time Stratagies.

Granted Doom is smarter than Magneto when it comes to science... but when it comes to a fight, Doom needs prep-time to defeat magneto... In orther words, he needs to plan out how he's going to defeat magneto before he even fights him; otherwise, Magneto would so win.

And also... Magneto's RAW power is far greater than Doom's alone. Why would Doom stand up against magneto without planning it out 1st? It's like suicide!

So yes, Doom would be able to beat Magneto, but =he does= need prep-time. ;0

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#124  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I dont personally believe Doom would need any prep to defeat Magneto.

Gandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Gandalf

Perfect Cell says:

"I've been hearing about Doom's magic and magic armor and technologies and whatnot. Just because Doom has magic doesn't really mean Magneto has not defense from it. Magneto has the means to do what he would to Juggernaut, who is a basically a miniture god. protected by magical armor (Probably the most indestructible magical armor is the marvel univrse) but Magneto had, still, would be able, and will still beable to defeat the juggernaut.So Doom trying to protect himself with magical armor would still futile against Magneto. And a magical blast would not be able to penetrate Magneto's forcefield. The only Magic power Doom would be able to use is to either summon something or do a illusionary magic to confuse and tire out Magneto 1st."

who said magneto didnt know magic as well?

Post Edited:2008-05-04 16:16:50

Avatar image for dr__victor_von_doom
Dr. Victor von Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hardy har har har

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Gandalf says:

"Perfect Cell says:
"I've been hearing about Doom's magic and magic armor and technologies and whatnot. Just because Doom has magic doesn't really mean Magneto has not defense from it. Magneto has the means to do what he would to Juggernaut, who is a basically a miniture god. protected by magical armor (Probably the most indestructible magical armor is the marvel univrse) but Magneto had, still, would be able, and will still beable to defeat the juggernaut. So Doom trying to protect himself with magical armor would still futile against Magneto. And a magical blast would not be able to penetrate Magneto's forcefield. The only Magic power Doom would be able to use is to either summon something or do a illusionary magic to confuse and tire out Magneto 1st. "
Post Edited:2008-05-04 16:16:50"

I would like to spit on you.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Apparition

Gandalf says:

"Perfect Cell says:
"I've been hearing about Doom's magic and magic armor and technologies and whatnot. Just because Doom has magic doesn't really mean Magneto has not defense from it. Magneto has the means to do what he would to Juggernaut, who is a basically a miniture god. protected by magical armor (Probably the most indestructible magical armor is the marvel univrse) but Magneto had, still, would be able, and will still beable to defeat the juggernaut. So Doom trying to protect himself with magical armor would still futile against Magneto. And a magical blast would not be able to penetrate Magneto's forcefield. The only Magic power Doom would be able to use is to either summon something or do a illusionary magic to confuse and tire out Magneto 1st. "

lol that's your first post? how tragic...

Perfect Cell says:

"Warlock360 says:
"Perfect Cell says:
"Warlock360 says:
Is that it??? Then i suppose you agree to my deduction of this battle then.. "
Well... it IS Magneto vs. Doom but Cell isnt involved... Doom ;D"
Who said Cell was? He's just watching the fight from a distance. no involvement what so ever. I've been hearing about Doom's magic and magic armor and technologies and whatnot. Just because Doom has magic doesn't really mean Magneto has not defense from it. Magneto has the means to do what he would to Juggernaut, who is a basically a miniture god. protected by magical armor (Probably the most indestructible magical armor is the marvel univrse) but Magneto had, still, would be able, and will still beable to defeat the juggernaut. So Doom trying to protect himself with magical armor would still futile against Magneto. And a magical blast would not be able to penetrate Magneto's forcefield. The only Magic power Doom would be able to use is to either summon something or do a illusionary magic to confuse and tire out Magneto 1st. Like i said in a previous post: Magneto's Real-Time Tactical stratagies VS Doom's Prep-Time Stratagies. Granted Doom is smarter than Magneto when it comes to science... but when it comes to a fight, Doom needs prep-time to defeat magneto... In orther words, he needs to plan out how he's going to defeat magneto before he even fights him; otherwise, Magneto would so win. And also... Magneto's RAW power is far greater than Doom's alone. Why would Doom stand up against magneto without planning it out 1st? It's like suicide! So yes, Doom would be able to beat Magneto, but =he does= need prep-time. ;0 "

no prep time and no cell watching.

Gandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Gandalf

Post Deleted.

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Perfect Cell

Gambler says:

"I dont personally believe Doom would need any prep to defeat Magneto."

Doom =would= need prep-time. he always uses prep-time before any encounter with an enemy. Unless someone encounters him randomly, which almost never happens. With almost all the comics i've seen with Doom in it, he is the one who encounters his opponents almost 100% of the time. (Fantasic 4 doesn't count) the beyonder, galactis, captain universe. Do you think he would go after these guys without preparing 1st?

And let's say if Doom didn't have any prep-time against magneto; the battle would be most of Magneto's favor because his battle tactics are far supreme to Doom's. Not to mention he can analyze movement, and activities around his surrounding just as well as Spiderman's spider senses. and also his reflexes and reaction-time is superior than Doom's. He can do multiple of things with mere thoughts like shooting EM disruptor blasts and magnetic ripsaw beams from his hands while tossing objects in the air at super sonic speeds, creating force barriar traps and EM pluse waves that can render alot of things things useless while against him, and at the same time; absorbing anything from the magnetic spectrum like electricity, light and radiation while he fights making his power almost limitless.

Doom wouldn't really stand a chance because despite his intelligence; all he has is the technology he brings with him and whatever knowledge of magic he has. Other then that.. Doom has far more superior strength then Magneto. But what can he use that for if he can't even touch magneto or go anywhere near him? Magic??? Summonings??? Doesn't Doom have to -cast- spells with chants? Magneto wouldn't even give him the time. Magneto would rush Doom down before he could even summon a spell.

If there is no prep-time, Doom can only stall for a win. By talking, and calculating an opening to somehow distract magneto to letting his guard down for an instant, and then hit magneto with one lucky shot.

And one thing Magneto doesn't have over Doom is Resilience to physical harm. So 1 hit would basically do the trick. Therefore Doom could throw anything at magneto all that he wants once magneto is defenseless.

This is the only, if not; one of the very few ways he could win against Magneto.

So to close this argument, Doom is smart, in fact alot smarter than magneto when it comes to anything that has to do with science... But his real strength is due to him being more cunning than any of his adversaries. I mean c'mon... Cunningness and trickery are what really makes Dr. Doom ... DOOM afterall! that's the very basses of his character.

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Perfect Cell

Apparition says:

"no prep time and no cell watching."

No Pre-time Magneto is likely to win.

With prep-time Magneto is likely to lose.

simple as that... ;)

poop flinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By poop flinger

hands down magneto wold win this one dr doom is intellegent but has no realpowers . magneto is intellegent and is very powerful

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Perfect Cell

Post Deleted.

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Perfect Cell

poop flinger says:

"hands down magneto wold win this one dr doom is intellegent but has no realpowers . magneto is intellegent and is very powerful"

Well, in terms of "real" power; Doom does have Magic. quite alot actually, but Doom is more of a man of science so therefore he depends more on technology. His magic would actually be more of a last ditch effort if he were in any battle on the verge of losing.

Doom is actually considered to be the 2nd smartest man on planet Earth. But Doom; being a man, does have faults that men naturally have. PRIDE, CARELESSNESS, ARROGANCE... Doom really takes considerable pride in his knowledge and technologies that it almost makes him really coincided. (he also takes major pride of his looks)

Remember, DOOM is just Human!

The fact of him having the knowledge of magic was basically just for fun and because he was bored. He also wanted to up-a-notch on his wisdom & expand his knowledge of everything else so he tough himself magic to compete against strong magicians.

Technology-wise: what makes Doom super strong (super-human strength) and invulnerable of getting hurt (Not like the juggernaut, colossus, or gladiator invulnerabilities) is simply because of the technology of his armor. That with all the other gadgets in his suit makes him one of the more feared villains alive.

However; just because he is able to shoot (but not controlled directly from his mind) energy beams like photon rays, electric beams, and nullifier beams doesn't mean it could effect Magneto. Like if Doom decided to shoot an electricity beam; Magneto would absorb that. The nullifiers & proton beams would simply bounce off of Magneto's forcefield.

=Doom's forcefield and Anti-Magnetic Armor against Magneto=

Doom's suit can generate a protected forcefield similar to the Invisible Woman. This is genus, however, that very forcefield =IS= generated by Doom's armor just as all his other weapons, so in that sense; Doom cannot always have his forcefield on because it takes up the same energy that his other weapons run on. In contrast: Magneto can keep his forcefield on for as long as he wants to; while at the same time, throw a array of multiple attacks without having to worry about waisting "battery life".

Anti-Magnetic Armor is ok fighting against Poloris... But against Magneto, it wouldn't work. (as well...) Magneto can alter the frequencies of his beams to penetrate through the anti-magnetic armor to disrupt any other mechanical or electronical devices in Doom's suit. Doom isn't stupid though; I'm sure he is aware of Magneto having this ability so therefore; he would program his suit to to change frequencies along with Magneto's as soon as Magneto's beams hit Doom's armor. But Magneto is not stupid too.. Once he realizes his direct magnetic and EM beams don't work against Doom's suit, Magneto would just have to either melt Doom's suit by summing up ultra hot infrared beams, creating a forcefield around Doom and toss him around, or just attack Doom indirectly by just flinking hunks of objects at Doom.

If Doom knows what's best for him, Doom would need prep-time, to defeat Magneto.

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Ego

Perfect Cell says:

"poop flinger says:
"hands down magneto wold win this one dr doom is intellegent but has no realpowers . magneto is intellegent and is very powerful"

Well, in terms of "real" power; Doom does have Magic. quite alot actually, but Doom is more of a man of science so therefore he depends more on technology. His magic would actually be more of a last ditch effort if he were in any battle on the verge of losing.

Doom is actually considered to be the 2nd smartest man on planet Earth. But Doom; being a man, does have faults that men naturally have. PRIDE, CARELESSNESS, ARROGANCE... Doom really takes considerable pride in his knowledge and technologies that it almost makes him really coincided. (he also takes major pride of his looks)

The fact of him having the knowledge of magic was basically just for fun and because he was bored. He also wanted to up-a-notch on his wisdom & expand his knowledge of everything else so he tough himself magic to compete against strong magicians.

Technology-wise: what makes Doom super strong (super-human strength) and invulnerable of getting hurt (Not like the juggernaut, colossus, or gladiator invulnerabilities) is simply because of the technology of his armor. That with all the other gadgets in his suit makes him one of the more feared villains alive.

However; just because he is able to shoot (but not controlled directly from his mind) energy beams like photon rays, electric beams, and nullifier beams doesn't mean it could effect Magneto. Like if Doom decided to shoot an electricity beam; Magneto would absorb that. The nullifiers & proton beams would simply bounce off of Magneto's forcefield.

Doom's suit can generate a protected forcefield similar to the Invisible Woman. This is genus, however, that very forcefield =IS= generated by Doom's armor just as all his other weapons, so in that sense; Doom cannot always have his forcefield on because it takes up the same energy that his other weapons run on. In contrast: Magneto can keep his forcefield on for as long as he wants to; while at the same time, throw a array of multiple attacks without having to worry about waisting "battery life".

Anti-Magnetic Armor is ok fighting against Poloris... But against Magneto, it wouldn't work. (as well...) Magneto can alter the frequencies of his beams to penetrate through the anti-magnetic armor to disrupt any other mechanical or electronical devices in Doom's suit. Doom isn't stupid though; I'm sure he is aware of Magneto having this ability so therefore; he would program his suit to to change frequencies along with Magneto's as soon as Magneto's beams hit Doom's armor. But Magneto is not stupid too.. Once he realizes his direct magnetic and EM beams don't work against Doom's suit, Magneto would just have to either melt Doom's suit by summing up ultra hot infrared beams, creating a forcefield around Doom and toss him around, or just attack Doom indirectly by just flinking hunks of objects at Doom.

If Doom knows what's best for him, Doom would need prep-time, to defeat Magneto.

"

i understand that magneto has higher potential than dr. doom when it comes to raw power. however, dr. doom had stretch out his fights beyond the cosmos, while magneto always has his fights on earth or close to it. asteroid m for example. how can magneto expand his power and wisdom of the universe if he's always in earth? he is not going to grow that way.

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Perfect Cell

Ego says:

"Perfect Cell says:
"poop flinger says:

"

i understand that magneto has higher potential than dr. doom when it comes to raw power. however, dr. doom had stretch out his fights beyond the cosmos, while magneto always has his fights on earth or close to it. asteroid m for example. how can magneto expand his power and wisdom of the universe if he's always in earth? he is not going to grow that way.

"

Because Magneto, unlike Doom.. already has an ideal strictly set on Earth for the needs of many (the mutant race) Unlike Doom, who is self indulgenced by his greed for power and wisdom for himself and =ONLY= for himself.

I agree both tend to be quite arrogant, however... Doom tends to be alittle bit more stuck up on himself. And that, my friend; will be his down fall.

darkzola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By darkzola

Didnt mags give Doom a kicking in Secret Wars sime years ago? Doom has changed a lot since and magic is weapon that magnetism cant control.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Vrakmul

Vance Astro says:

"Gandalf says:
"Perfect Cell says:

I would like to spit on you."

You give I sauron, main bump in the road a bad name.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Pania

Ego says:

i understand that magneto has higher potential than dr. doom when it comes to raw power. however, dr. doom had stretch out his fights beyond the cosmos, while magneto always has his fights on earth or close to it. asteroid m for example. how can magneto expand his power and wisdom of the universe if he's always in earth? he is not going to grow that way. "

Electromagnetic energy is a universal constant, it is part of the very fabric of all of creation. Magneto has manipulated the EM fields of other planets (the Stranger's homeworld) as well as in deep space.

Avatar image for vlad_tepes_dracula
Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pania says:

"Ego says:
i understand that magneto has higher potential than dr. doom when it comes to raw power. however, dr. doom had stretch out his fights beyond the cosmos, while magneto always has his fights on earth or close to it. asteroid m for example. how can magneto expand his power and wisdom of the universe if he's always in earth? he is not going to grow that way. "

Electromagnetic energy is a universal constant, it is part of the very fabric of all of creation. Magneto has manipulated the EM fields of other planets (the Stranger's homeworld) as well as in deep space.

"

yet doom wins

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Resonate

Vance Astro says:

"Gandalf says:
"Perfect Cell says:
I would like to spit on you."

spits on him before Vance does

Psionex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Psionex

uh ok.....

Avatar image for phoenixsouvenir
The_Absolute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By The_Absolute

Doom beats Gandalf too.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
PhoenixSouvenir said:
"Doom beats Gandalf too.
"

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Perfect Cell

Magneto does have possiblities to beat Dr. Doom... But Dr. Doom needs to be "overconfident" 1st.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By SeSAW

Head to Head Doom should win at least 70% of the time. Mags can't crush Dooms armor but he can throw huge objects at him and BFR him other ways, so he can get more than a few wins on Doom but Dooms magic, techs and his durability allow him to win a majority here and that's with no prep. Im mean if Mags somehow was not paying attention you could still shoot him in the head a few times and its over Doom with his armor can take much more than that.

Avatar image for thorownzsuperman
thorownzsuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magneto wins

_Sub-Zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By _Sub-Zero_

Doom

MAJESTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By MAJESTY

you all know doom's armor has been de-magnatized, right? you also know that magneto has no defense against magic, right? doom wrecks magneto.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#150  Edited By Nerx

Nah, just use Latveria as hostage... even though he is evil he cares.