Magneto vs Cell

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Magethor
Magneto
Magneto
Cell
Cell
  • Magneto had reseached Cell and his abilities, he was there in the background during the Cell Games
  • Cell is power level at the beginning of the Cell Games. He has no idea who Magneto is or his abilities
  • Magneto starts the battle with his forcefield on
  • Before the battle begins, both fighters have a 5 minute chat
  • The battle field is a city which the buildings and cars are made completely out of Adamantium and other metals.
ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ImmortalT1000

Magneto

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NeonGameWave

Magneto should win.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jeanroygrant

Cell.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Frocharocha

Cell would be able to tank magneto attacks with ease. Except for the fact that we don't know how cell powers would react to Adamantium. Judging what they took to kill Cell, my vote goes to the green dude.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mortein

Magneto is not on this level.

But Cell could have some problems with Magentos shields , considering how his shields endured some pretty powerful attacks.

Can he be affected with TK if his shields are up?

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By D3athstroke

Cell wins in stomp

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By X_insignia1

Cell.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Magethor

Magneto = 2

Cell = 4

Not Sure = 1

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BlueHope

Cell with easy

Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AnyWhichWayButUp

Cell shoots a solar flare gets behind him whips out his tail and takes magnetos life force and power after a few kamehamehas to the shields

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By FourthDeity

Cell should take this.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not even a fight for Cell

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By beautifulrevery

Cell actually wins this one

TheEd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheEd

Ceeeeeeeeeeeeeell wins

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By theONEtaichou

Cell (all versions)

goblin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By goblin123

The boring overpowered DBZ villain wins...

darkelf35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By darkelf35

Cell...there is nothing magneto has that could kill him

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Magethor

Don't forget that Magneto is the Master of Electromagnetism and that the entire city is made out of Adamantium.

Shikarenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Shikarenji

Cell could destroy the planet and is capable of surviving in space due to friezas cells .

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By clemj

@Shikarenji: mag can create himself a space armor, like in aVSx, against tony stark

Shikarenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Shikarenji

@clemj said:

@Shikarenji: mag can create himself a space armor, like in aVSx, against tony stark

never read it lol . Would that allow him to survive in space ?

PsychoJack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PsychoJack

Cell wins, he can just destroy the Earth and he's too fast for Magneto to do anything against and he's probably powerful enough to fight off most of his attacks.

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By thanobomb1124

Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hksaru

If this were Cell after this self-destruction he could actually just Instant Transmission past Mags' shields. Regardless Mags has no way of putting him down, and Cell has more than enough power to blast through Mags' shields.

@goblin123 said:

The boring overpowered DBZ villain wins...

Cell definitely isn't boring... his story was one of the best imo... nor is he overpowered, just very versatile... and he isn't nearly as much of a villain as say, Broly or Freiza, most of the evil shit he did was due to impassable coding by Dr. Gero; like Android 16 who evolved to be quite benevolent but still couldn't resist trying to kill Goku.

Expected to see a lot more DBZ hate posts though!

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By nefarious

Magneto doesn't stand a chance. Cell would destroy him and his shield with a kamehameha blast.

Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig mismatch,

Cell godstomps.

what the hell can Magneto do to hurt him?? i mean Cell is superior in speed, durability, energy projection, energy sheilding, ...etc etc etc. Cell is superior in every aspect you can imagine. you said they have 5 min chat, okey, the 1st second the chat is over, Magneto becomes chopped meat. even if Cell waits and yawns, while Magneto creates the biggest Adamantium shield he can make, then when Magneto says : "i'm ready", Cell kills him the first second with telekinesis or inside blow.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Paytience

Comics vs Anime are allowed now, or are the mods letting it go?

Let me preface my answer with a little background on me, and my DBZ experience: I become began watching DBZ when I was 9. We had no cable, and one of the only channels we got was Kiku; a Japaneses station. To clarify how long ago this was, I'm guessing I'm a little older than most of you...and by a little older, I mean Cartoon network didn't exist yet, and bugs bunny was still a saturday morning cartoon, before the Animaniacs. I actually began studying Japanese a couple years later because of DBZ, and later, was stationed in Japan where I read every single one of the manga. I am quite literally the ultimate DBZ nerd, and if I thought people could reasonably follow me on it, would debate on here about exactly how and why Goku would take 6 or 7 of 10 against supes. I want to get that out of the way right now so that nobody calls me a fan boy when I say this:

You guys are seriously lowballing Magneto. I've been with comics just as long as I've been with anime, and Magneto has been one of my favorite characters my entire life...suffice to say, I've thought about this a LOT. It changes according to era, but one thing has become clear since the mid-90's, and that is that Magneto is a bigger threat to the DB Verse than any non cosmic character in comics. The reason being is his powerset, and not necessarily his physical reaction (which is formidable be btw) but the speed of his mutant reflex.

Start with 1: Cell is too fast for Magneto

Simply put...no he isn't. Magneto's powers and his reflex with them rival Wally West's run speeds. Not only is he physically fast enough to grab speedblitzers, he's fast enough with his powers to STOP teleportation. He has on multiple occasions stopped Nightcrawler from dematerializing, AND has redirected Nightcrawler after he has done so. This trumps any speed blitz cell has, as Goku has already shown that Cell is not fast enough in combat to outblitz a teleport. Thus: Magneto's powers and mutant reflex are faster by tiers than Cells physical rush. This means that nothing cell can do will get him to Magnus before the shield is up.

Speaking of which, 2: Cell can penetrate Magneto's shield

That's laughable honestly. Thor couldn't get through it. She Hulk couldn't. The Phoenix couldn't...and it took a shot from Galactus. Yes, it was a warning shot, but Galactus has casually vaporized 3 galaxies before. A warning is still formidable. The idea that anything Cell is gonna throw at it is fallacy, tbh. As for Cell teleporting into it:

http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=excalbr1005yv0.jpg

http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=excalbr1006yv9.jpg

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/1143/excalbr1007oc4.jpg

No, he's not. And no energy attack is penetrating what Galactus didn't.

Especially considering that Magneto is an energy manipulator.

3: Btw, Magneto is an energy manipulator.

This includes absorption, recharge, and subatomic control. Pay attention, because this is important.

What Magneto controls isn't just "magnetism". He controls the entire Em Spectrum. This includes all forms of radiation, sound, light, microwaves, xrays, etc et al; most importantly, he has been shown controlling all these things. He can also recharge with them. He can siphon...light. It is DBZ canon that the their light auras are a cast off by product of their energy power ups. Their Ki can and has been drained by siphoning this light, ala Yakon vs. Goku. Should Cell (or any Z fighter) power up, they essentially become a living battery for man who is the physical embodiment of the unified field theory. And no, Cell can't simply overcharge him...Magneto can redirect the energy too well, and has siphoned Phoenix before. Phoenix energy output>Cell's.

4: Cell is more durable, and nothing Magneto can do can hurt him.

Yes and no on the durability part. Yes, Cell can tank a whole of damage, however his body's durability is below even a Z fighter's. Magneto has brushed off a nuke before, and has tanked 2 of them simultaneously well he was also in mid-combat and tracking the em field of the planet and releasing a planet wide EMP. That did hurt him, but he was fine enough to take on an entire team 1 panel later. Suffice to say, Mag's durability is impressive...Cell on the other hand was vaporized when he was hit with a nuke like blast. He HEALS, which is where his durability comes from.

As for not being able to hurt him, Magneto's main power is the ability to manipulate EM Fields. These fields surround and encompass all objects, which is one of the ways he can control plastic, and Thor's hammer. These fields are also the force which bind atoms together...Magnetos can affect them down to that very same sub-atomic level, and he has used it to literally "de-atomize" opponents before. Cell is no different...especially since he is comprised of an easily understood cellular build, and feeds off of bio-energy, which Magneto can also control to fine degree, as all bio-energy is electromagnetic in nature. And yes Magneto will know this. One of the skills his powerset grants him is the ability to immediately scan and understand the physiological make up of his opponents. The only instance it took him any amount of time was when he fought proteus, and that was because proteus was purely Psionic energy, which took him a minute to figure out. He dispersed that energy btw...speaking of which, how exactly does cell use an energy based attack against someone who can disperse energy?

5: Magneto get's a headstart on every reaction

Magneto has a for of precog that surpasses anything Cell has. His bind with the EM field allows him to sense and predict at speeds far beyond cell. What the advance Z fighters use is air currents...they sense movements through subtle vibrations in the air so as to fight without having to see or visually track. The very advanced ones such as Goku can use something like Magneto does by tracking Ki ties; Cell however has never shown any of these skills. That's important, because it is a learned skill, not a technique or ability that is transferred through his cellular makeup. Even if he did however, Magneto still tracks faster because he receives the stimuli faster. Air currents can only reach you at the speed of the object affecting them or slower...visual tracking can only be as fast as light. (Air current is faster when the object is moving at FTL speeds, which is why the Z fighters use it in combat, rather than the Ki tracking they use when traveling) Magneto however has sensed planets being destroyed in another galaxy. This means that his powers speed up propagation of electromagnetic force to speeds billions of times faster than light. Any stimuli on the battlefield, therefore will be reaching him first, giving him a relatively huge head start in action/reaction.

It's also important to note that Magneto's feats AND downfalls have all happened well multitasking. Yes, he's been blitzed before...well fighting an entire team (or two) and working science with his powers and usually several other things at once. Head to head with Cell, all Magneto is focusing on...is Cell.

Therefore, well Cell has a physical advantage over Magneto (although not as much as you guys seem to think) and is the better fighter, with a healing factor, Magneto has a massive speed advantage with his powers, has a head start on using them, a shield which Cell cannot feasibly penetrate, and a powerset which is tailor made for manipulating the energy that empowers cell, that he fights with, and even, the very material that his body is made of...and Magneto has the feats to back it up. Oh, and btw, the androids that Cell "ate" to power up? Yeah, those are made of metal.

Winner: Magneto 8/10.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Paytience:

Comics vs Anime are allowed now, or are the mods letting it go?

It's allowed now.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Paytience

@Shikarenji: He doesn't need it. Magneto can survive in space without it.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Paytience

@god_spawn: Good to know. Thanks for the info. How do people deal with the scaling vs feats thing?

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SMXLR8

@Paytience: wow nice post

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By boschePG

Cell is a freaking android just like the rest of Dr Gero's androids. Androids are made of metal. Magneto rips the dog nothing out of Cell.

Warcry80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Warcry80

@boschePG said:

Cell is a freaking android just like the rest of Dr Gero's androids. Androids are made of metal. Magneto rips the dog nothing out of Cell.

Cell is organic, no metal within him if i'm not mistaken. I could be wrong, but Mags isn't ripping anything especially since Cell regenerates from a single Cell.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Paytience

@Warcry80: Did you not read the post? Magneto doesn't just manipulate metal...He manipulates EM Fields along the entire spectrum. Electromagnetic fields are what binds ATOMS together. He can rip them apart and has done it before. He's can disperse cells biological makeup from it's base, cut off the bio energy that fuels him, disperse any energy cell uses to attack or charge with...magnetos has DONE this. And even if it was just metal, Magneto can rip the androids from cells body, and anything less than perfect doesn't have the physical or energy projection stats to mess with magneto. He just doesn't.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Paytience

@SMXLR8: Thanks. Honestly, the best fight for Magneto in the Z verse would have to be Mystic Gohan, who doesn't need to power up to max physical stats or use energy projection at a high tier, or Buu, who's magically made up body might be harder for Magneto to manipulate, or one of the Ginyu force, who have set power types rather than energy scaled powers.

Styles make fights, as it goes.

Warcry80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Warcry80

@Paytience: Whats the most powerful attack mags can withstand with his fields? cell even at his weakest has the power of SS1 Goku,Frieza,Piccolo,King cold,Vegeta and whoever else battled on nameke, all of which are planetoid busters. So Cell is still rediculously powerful at his weakest. Also Cell has powerful TK he can use before mags even realizes that Cell is a cybernetic being. So it all depends on who reacts first for an attack i'm guessing in this battle. And the real question is could Magneto react faster than Cell who could put his fist through his body before Mags could think of a move! Also I do remember Collossus withstanding Mags and sending him into the air with a powerful punch! Cell is quite possibly far stronger than Collossus,and can move far faster than mags could possibly react! But again it depends on who makes the first move the fastest.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Paytience

@Warcry80: Mags has tanked Galactus with his shields, and has tanked collosus without them while weakened. He's tanked NUKES without his shields before. And it wouldn't matter, because Magneto already understands the energy Cell is using, and can affect it. Read my post. Cell is NOT fast enough to blitz Magneto. BARRY ALLEN isn't fast enough to blitz Magnetos shields. Well you can make the argument that Cell's physical speeds are faster than magneto's, you cannot make the argument that his physical speeds are a match for the speed of Magneto's powers...either thei effect, or the reflexive use of them. Also, Cell's TK is Ki based, and even if it isn't, Magneto shuts down Psionic powers, and his main opponents are some of the most powerful TK's in comics. Even if it isn't Ki based, and is genuine telekenesis, (it isn't...) cell isn't more powerful with it than Jean. Magneto has shut down the Phoenix force before, a nexus for psionic power in the Marvel U. Yes, Magneto does react faster than cell, and if you read my post above, you would see that I already covered it. Cell at his weakest would struggle to take Magneto physically, much less with his energy manipulation.

Cell vs Teleportation=Cell missing every major attack and nearly getting vaporized. Magneto vs Teleportation=the teleporter getting back smacked. Conclusion: Magneto's mutant reflex is faster than Cell's blitz. I would dig up the scans, but I really don't see how I need to.

If Cell moves first, Magneto is fast enough to react and end him. If Magneto moves first, he ends Cell well simultaneously doing the grown up with Rogue.

I've laid out a pretty in depth post already, and don't feel like repeating myself over and over again in this thread. Please, just refer back to the post...it covers everything relevant. If you feel you have evidence to dispute one of my above points, please present it and I will address it. Otherwise, I'm done.

CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CaptainDoeo

Mags, 6 or 7/10.

Warcry80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Warcry80

@Paytience said:

@Warcry80: Mags has tanked Galactus with his shields, and has tanked collosus without them while weakened. He's tanked NUKES without his shields before. And it wouldn't matter, because Magneto already understands the energy Cell is using, and can affect it. Read my post. Cell is NOT fast enough to blitz Magneto. BARRY ALLEN isn't fast enough to blitz Magnetos shields. Well you can make the argument that Cell's physical speeds are faster than magneto's, you cannot make the argument that his physical speeds are a match for the speed of Magneto's powers...either thei effect, or the reflexive use of them. Also, Cell's TK is Ki based, and even if it isn't, Magneto shuts down Psionic powers, and his main opponents are some of the most powerful TK's in comics. Even if it isn't Ki based, and is genuine telekenesis, (it isn't...) cell isn't more powerful with it than Jean. Magneto has shut down the Phoenix force before, a nexus for psionic power in the Marvel U. Yes, Magneto does react faster than cell, and if you read my post above, you would see that I already covered it. Cell at his weakest would struggle to take Magneto physically, much less with his energy manipulation.

Cell vs Teleportation=Cell missing every major attack and nearly getting vaporized. Magneto vs Teleportation=the teleporter getting back smacked. Conclusion: Magneto's mutant reflex is faster than Cell's blitz. I would dig up the scans, but I really don't see how I need to.

If Cell moves first, Magneto is fast enough to react and end him. If Magneto moves first, he ends Cell well simultaneously doing the grown up with Rogue.

I've laid out a pretty in depth post already, and don't feel like repeating myself over and over again in this thread. Please, just refer back to the post...it covers everything relevant. If you feel you have evidence to dispute one of my above points, please present it and I will address it. Otherwise, I'm done.

Good post!!! but i would also like to add for Teleportation (Magneto) vs Instant Transmission (Cell)!Niceatch up, since Mags cant go toe to toe with Cell in h2h he has other ways to taking him on. Mags can win this!

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dark Cloud™

Magneto does no win here, at all.

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An entire city made out of Adamantium....

Can't Cell magnetically lift or alter the shapes of the Adamantium city? With electromagnetism times whatever his power level, he should surely overpower Magneto at his own game.

Avatar image for ancientsupersaiyan
AncientSuperSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Magethor said:

Don't forget that Magneto is the Master of Electromagnetism and that the entire city is made out of Adamantium.

Lol and? What are cars going to do to Cell? He moved an entire army alongg with their missiles with a swipe of his hand. Magneto doesn't stand a chance here, just alittle longer than Mr.Satan, even I'd flag this.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By Rumble Man

back then magneto had a chance but since marvel likes nerfing their characters oh so very much

it goes to cell

Avatar image for ancientsupersaiyan
AncientSuperSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rumble Man said:

back then magneto had a chance but since marvel likes nerfing their characters oh so very much

it goes to cell

Back when?

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By theONEtaichou

hahahahahahahahah.... umm Cell wins

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By Rumble Man

@AncientSuperSaiyan: when his shields can apparently tank a shot from a low-attention Galactus in secret wars

but now writers make him soo weak that its unbearable

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@Paytience: Great Post! It was far more well thought out than most.

The only thing I'd contend you on is the "Cell took a nuke and was almost blown apart by it" comment. Vegeta's Final Flash was WAY more powerful than any nuke, and that attack just blew a few of Cell's limbs off. Goku's instant Kamehameha was stronger than Vegeta's blast, not on par, and that only blew Cell in half. Gohan's blast was probably stronger than the Final Flash and the Kamehameha combined, and Cell's utlimate potential lays somewhere inbetween those Gohan's attack and the other 2 fighters.

I get what you are saying about Magneto being able to basically diffuse Cells energy attacks, but a full powered blast by Cell would overwhelm and anihalate Magneto in moments.

Also, while Cell has metal inside him, I think Cell's control over his own cells would trump Magneto's control. His own bio-electric fields would allow him to protect himself from Mag's abilities...at least for a time.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

Current Mags can't even beat a sentinel without struggling...OP needs to specify which Magneto this is. Classic Villain Magneto has a much better chance of winning than Current Magneto.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By comic_book_fan

cell is still made of atoms right if so magneto wins.