#3 Posted by .MoonKnight. (119 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure Magneto will win.

#4 Posted by Omg chris (1590 posts) - - Show Bio

magneto

#5 Posted by King Saturn (225700 posts) - - Show Bio
Magento should win here
#6 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto ftw.
He can errect forcefields that Capt B could not penetrate and he can project energy attacks that can hurt people a lot more durable than the good Capt.
Although Capt B has superhuman reflexes, I don't think he is fast enough to get to Magneto before he gets a forcefield up.

#7 Posted by Tatsu666 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

So what about now after all this time does anyone think any differently?

#8 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3574 posts) - - Show Bio

Britain couldn't effectively fight off the Phoenix Force, so there's no way he's beating Magneto here.

#9 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Phoenix Force is alot more powerful than Magneto, so that statement doesn't really make sense...

@Omg chris said:

magneto
#10 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3574 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Phoenix Force is alot more powerful than Magneto, so that statement doesn't really make sense...

@Omg chris said:

magneto

I know this, but Magneto was able to still use Phoenix's powers against herself. Britain couldn't.

#11 Posted by Ferro Vida (34679 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto wins without too much trouble. And I love both characters.

#12 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

Magneto wins without too much trouble. And I love both characters.

#13 Posted by yodagod (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

Brian is awesome, but he's no match for Mags. Magneto can match him for strength, has faster reaction time, plus all of his other abilities. The easy win here IMO would be to force Brian astral and stomp him there.

#14 Posted by Ferro Vida (34679 posts) - - Show Bio

@yodagod said:

Magneto can match him for strength

No.

#15 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3574 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@yodagod said:

No.

Why?

#16 Posted by Ferro Vida (34679 posts) - - Show Bio

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@yodagod said:

No.

Why?

Magneto has the strength of a normal human. Captain Britain is a class 5 on the Marvel power grid.

#17 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

magggggggggggieeeeeee

#18 Posted by ripcurl (535 posts) - - Show Bio

Conceptually, Captain Britain has limitless power when he has full confidence in himself. But in practice, he generally comes off as a jobber.

Magneto wins.

#19 Posted by yodagod (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@yodagod said:

No.

Why?

Magneto has the strength of a normal human. Captain Britain is a class 5 on the Marvel power grid.

Magneto's base may be human, but they don't account for Magneto boosting himself which he's shown plenty of times. TOHOTMU is notorious for not including boosted levels, and stll comes second to feats.

Hundred class durability no shields...

100 class strength...

I know what you're thinking..."he used his shields/costume" but when he does that the art clearly depicts lines of magnetic force like this one...

Magneto, of course, has similar durability and strength feats against Sebastian Shaw, Namor (twice), almost everyone in Secret Wars (he almost never used his shields there for some reason), and a few others. Much like Cyclops and his h2h, Mags has little reason to use or showcase the ability, including for this fight. I just mentioned it offhand. .

#20 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto

#21 Posted by Tatsu666 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes magneto is quite strong but all i'm saying is look at some of caps fights. He's gone against two reality warpers and one cyborg and the cyborg that never stop until it had finished its programming. And this was all before he joined up with excalibur.

#22 Posted by yodagod (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tatsu666 said:

Yes magneto is quite strong but all i'm saying is look at some of caps fights. He's gone against two reality warpers and one cyborg and the cyborg that never stop until it had finished its programming. And this was all before he joined up with excalibur.

But always with help. Hanging with the Fury is impressive, and of course MJJ as well, plus a few others, but he just basically tanked his way through those until someone with the correct weapon/magic/ or ability showed up. Because of his nature he's resistant to reality manip, so not as impressive as it could be. Tanking isn't enough here. Mags shields have held up to Thor, Phoenix, and Galactus. Brian has no tp resistance to speak of (Mags has forced Xavier astral before don't see Brian being a problem), he weakens with lack of confidence, and weakens while away from Britain. Mags isn't holding back here either. He's thrown around plenty of characters stronger than CB i.e. Hercules, Thor, Sentry, Namor, etc... Mags is too versatile and too powerful, and as the battle goes he can easily outlast CB. And probably doesn't even need to. He can take the fight into space (where CB can't survive without magical aid), shut off Brian's brain, whatever.

#23 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

this still going on?

Magneto wrecks him

#24 Posted by SHAZAM117 (4336 posts) - - Show Bio

Mags ftw....maybe even ruthlessly since morals are off....I'm miss the "take no prisoners/ruthless" Magneto (sigh) -_-

#25 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

captain britain. what can mags do to him?

#26 Posted by Tatsu666 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry but cap doesn't get weaker when he leaves britain not now and unless it was stated recently otherwise not. But yes i do think magneto will win just not as fast some others do. He also has a very powerful unconscious mind making him near immune to mind control abilities. Plus with him in space he did it excalibur with out magic.

#27 Posted by Tatsu666 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

What i don't get is that after merlin resurrected cap his powers was put in him. So why is cap using he's old outfit that now has a stealth mode to it. And since he's wearing it he's power should of at lleast doubled just like what happened with Colossus or should i say colossusnaut/The Unstoppable Colossus

#28 Posted by yodagod (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tatsu666 said:

Sorry but cap doesn't get weaker when he leaves britain not now and unless it was stated recently otherwise not. But yes i do think magneto will win just not as fast some others do. He also has a very powerful unconscious mind making him near immune to mind control abilities. Plus with him in space he did it excalibur with out magic.

Thanks for the Cap update. I knew he didn't weaken for a while, but I thought he had that weakness back. I agree it will be a serious battle. Mags isn't getting a stomp here, but he should win. Brian's mind is resistant to his siblings, and while magically enhanced, don't know that it would be here. Mags has some serious astral feats, but rarely uses them so we can ignore them for now. I've never seen him in space without magical or technological aid. I even double checked that in my comics just in case since I wasn't sure, though I don't have all of them. Do you have a scan?

#29 Edited by Tatsu666 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

The one i was thinking of was in excalibur. And mi13

#30 Posted by Tatsu666 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry i can't post them i'm using my ps3 and its not letting me but i did post them before so they are on my profile pictures

#31 Posted by yodagod (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tatsu666:

Thanks. The issue number is enough. I appreciate it.

#32 Posted by Neo_Prime666 (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait a minite doesn't C.Britain have Super-Speed, couldn't he just speedblitz mags.

#33 Posted by Tatsu666 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry im trying to find it

#34 Posted by Tatsu666 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes his strength, speed, stamina and reflexes are still enhanced to superhuman level

#35 Posted by crabtree (1613 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omg chris said:

magneto
#36 Posted by Tatsu666 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok just remembered some things has magneto fought nate grey before?

#37 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1734 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto

#38 Posted by Strider92 (16906 posts) - - Show Bio

Couldn't Cap-B just speed-blitz Mags?

#39 Posted by Tatsu666 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes he can

#40 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@crabtree said:

@Omg chris said:

magneto
#41 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14346 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Britain can therotically one shot Magneto since he is by far and a way stronger and faster Magento without an instant sheild covering him Mags is speed blitzed one punched.

#42 Posted by Tatsu666 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

True very true

#43 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto.

#44 Posted by Tatsu666 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

If magneto does get his shields up how long will they last? Because in excalibur #95 cap punched nate grey just once and nate said that he felt that through he's shields

#45 Edited by yodagod (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

@EdwardWindsor said:

Captain Britain can therotically one shot Magneto since he is by far and a way stronger and faster Magento without an instant sheild covering him Mags is speed blitzed one punched.

Magneto is faster than Brian, can sense through the EM field, and will have an instant shield.

@Tatsu666 said:

If magneto does get his shields up how long will they last? Because in excalibur #95 cap punched nate grey just once and nate said that he felt that through he's shields

His shields have held against Thor, Phoenix, and Galactus. Brian is nowhere near any of them. CB is about on par with one of the two nukes Magneto's shields held against. Or a simultaneous attack of Scott's most powerful blast and Piotr's best punch. Those are attacks Mags can take forever. Nate feels it because they're psi shields. Magneto doesn't have that problem.

Thor and She-Hulk simultaneously. (Brian might be able to match She-Hulk on a good day).

Not Jean, but the Phoenix Force itself, masquerading as Jean.

More vs Phoenix...

#46 Edited by EdwardWindsor (14346 posts) - - Show Bio

@yodagod I calling bs on instant shielding he has been tagged many time by people slower and weaker than Brian. And his sheild isnt always on he has to choose to use it. otherwise these two examples wouldnt of hurt him.

The spectrum shield combo didn't save him then. As for tanking a Phoenix force blast that's straight pis.

AlsoProof Magneto is faster than Captain Britain?

#47 Posted by Ferro Vida (34679 posts) - - Show Bio

The first scan is from the 70s, and both Cyclops and Magneto have been written a helluva lot different since then. And the second scan is from AvX. Need I say more?

#48 Posted by Ferro Vida (34679 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, Magneto has consistently reacted to both Quicksilver and Northstar, both of whom are faster then Brian. I'm not saying Brian couldn't hit him, but it's unlikely to work.

#49 Posted by Bo88gdan (4875 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto

#50 Posted by Tatsu666 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry but before cap got a power upgrade/change he's strength was at 90 tons and in new excalibur he stopped a plane that weighed something like 450 to 600 tons on his own