#1 Edited by SwordandShields (712 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto

vs

Black Bolt

Battle Rules: Win by KO or Death. 1 Hour prep.

Round 1-Morals On.

Round 2-Bloodlusted.

#2 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals On, this is a good fight. Though even then that's questionable.

Morals Off, Bolts should annihilate mags.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#3 Posted by SwordandShields (712 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay: then i'll make round 1 morals ON. and round 2 bloodlusted.

#4 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, electromagnetic waves tend to excite electrons, which Black Bolts absorbs and turns into power. So it's hard to say how well he'd do in a morals on fight, and how useful mags abilities would be on him.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#5 Posted by mtrakos (563 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 Mags starts to rip Black Bolt apart from the inside out....but Black Bolt in so much pain lets it go and screams in agony. Stalemate

Round 2 Black Bolt all day

#6 Posted by celtic (776 posts) - - Show Bio

@mtrakos:I remember in the MU game it was said he could destroy entire star fleets and mountains with a whisper, had he ever done that in the comics? (in MU everybody was ridiculously more powerful than their comic book counter parts even Odin)

#7 Posted by xeon1cs (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

@celtic said:

@mtrakos:I remember in the MU game it was said he could destroy entire star fleets and mountains with a whisper, had he ever done that in the comics? (in MU everybody was ridiculously more powerful than their comic book counter parts even Odin)

He screamed and tore open a rift in reality once, I forget if he was amp'd up or not. But offensively, I don't think he has done any planet busting.

He vaporized a super skrull by pretty much blowing on him though.

#8 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Bolt both rounds.

#9 Edited by Vouile (678 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

Morals On, this is a good fight. Though even then that's questionable.

Morals Off, Bolts should annihilate mags.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

This.

Thought you said stalemate before, that one what perfect. But this one's good too, :P

Nice one Floopay.

Vouile

#10 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Both of their powers are electron-manipulation based, so this seems to be a good fight.

#11 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been done many times. Mags always wins. He has withstood nukes (the highest end that Blackbolt's scream is compared to), direct blasts from the Phoenix and Galactus.... Magneto directly manipulates the thing that Blackbolt uses for power, and does it better than Blackbolt. Magneto can very simply just shut Blackbolt off. Not to mention the limitless number of other ways for him to win. This is a stomp for Mags.

#12 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sethlol said:

Black Bolt both rounds.

#13 Edited by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

@yodagod said:

This has been done many times. Mags always wins. He has withstood nukes (the highest end that Blackbolt's scream is compared to), direct blasts from the Phoenix and Galactus.... Magneto directly manipulates the thing that Blackbolt uses for power, and does it better than Blackbolt. Magneto can very simply just shut Blackbolt off. Not to mention the limitless number of other ways for him to win. This is a stomp for Mags.

Seeing as Black Bolt ripped a hole in the universe I would have to say a Nuke is underestimation. Nukes don't rip holes in the universe.

#14 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod said:

Why do You belive that Magneto has greater control over electrons than Black Bolt?
#15 Posted by Yai_Inn (352 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skaddix said:

@yodagod said:

Seeing as Black Bolt ripped a hole in the universe I would have to say a Nuke is underestimation. Nukes don't rip holes in the universe.

Blackbolt never ripped a hole in the universe. His voice was used to trigger a bomb (that was developed by Maximus using Terrigan crystals) at the end of War of Kings.  
Anyways Blackbolt should still win majority in this fight. 
#16 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yai_Inn said:
@Skaddix said:

@yodagod said:

Blackbolt never ripped a hole in the universe. His voice was used to trigger a bomb (that was developed by Maximus using Terrigan crystals) at the end of War of Kings.  Anyways Blackbolt should still win majority in this fight. 
He did in Illuminati's mini.
#17 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto should win both rounds. Black Bolt's whole power revolves around electrons which Magneto has absolute control over. Also Mag's reflexes should be superiors to Black Bolt's.

#18 Posted by xeon1cs (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Yai_Inn said:
@Skaddix said:

@yodagod said:

Blackbolt never ripped a hole in the universe. His voice was used to trigger a bomb (that was developed by Maximus using Terrigan crystals) at the end of War of Kings. Anyways Blackbolt should still win majority in this fight.
He did in Illuminati's mini.

Was he amp'd in Reeds machine, or was it just because it was a controlled environment? I forget :(

#19 Posted by Yai_Inn (352 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael666: Scan? Sounds cool though. 
#20 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@xeon1cs: @Yai_Inn
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/10369/908379-blackbolt_super.jpg
#21 Posted by Yai_Inn (352 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael666 said:
@xeon1cs: @Yai_Inn:  http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/10369/908379-blackbolt_super.jpg
Umm no. Reed's tech allowed for the hole in reality to be created. It just needed a large enough power source = Black Bolt. It's the same thing as what happened with Maximus. Sorry but BB doesn't go around ripping apart reality. 
#22 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yai_Inn said:
@czarny_samael666 said:
@xeon1cs: @Yai_Inn:  http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/10369/908379-blackbolt_super.jpg
Umm no. Reed's tech allowed for the hole in reality to be created. It just needed a large enough power source = Black Bolt. It's the same thing as what happened with Maximus. Sorry but BB doesn't go around ripping apart reality. 
It was his point - not mine. He was talking about this scan. For me ripping reality isn't an actual feat, since it can't be measure and used "against someone". 
My point is still the same: What proves that Magneto has greater control over electrons than BB? Bolt was able to turn off small black holes created by Graviton.
#23 Posted by Yai_Inn (352 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael666: Okay. I agree Blackbolt wins. I was just pointing out that BB hasn't actually ripped a hole in reality
#24 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

Why do You belive that Magneto has greater control over electrons than Black Bolt?

Because Mags uses it more often and with greater versatility. Bolt rarely uses it at all, and when he does it is primarily as a power source. The Graviton feat is impressive, but not beyond the scope of what Mags has shown. Magneto uses it daily. Any of his many electrical manipulation feats apply. When he is manipulating paper or people or any other non-ferrous substance, when he lifts the island of Genosha or flies State-sized planetoids around the Earth he's using paramagnetism, which is direct manipulation of electron bonds. He also would have had to use it to transfer himself and Toad back from Where the Stranger stranded them on another planet (an intergalactic feat incidentally), and he also would have used it to reconstitute himself when he was basically dissolved in the atmosphere. Beyond that, he has faster reaction time, and too many additional abilities. When he can affect space/time to create wormholes, "rip reality" to reach in to other dimensions (technically Polaris's feat, but she was being coached by Mags at the time when she opened a portal to the Brimstone dimension), and directly manipulate Proteus's psionic energy, I don't see electron manipulation vs Blackbolt even being that hard for him. Even if he doesn't drop Bolt immediately, which I feel is likely since he should easily be able to just turn Blackbolt "off", his shields and durability can let him tank long enough to finish the job.

#25 Edited by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah that Proteus stuff was bs mostly because converting all the iron in Magneto's Blood to Lead should have killed him before he could do anything.

#26 Posted by Blacklightning13 (916 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Black bolt. He will only be pushed so far before he whispers and destroys him.

Round 2: Black Bolt starts the fight by screaming. Then Magneto... well does nothing he's dead.

#27 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

Ah that Proteus stuff was bs mostly because converting all the iron in Magneto's Blood to Lead should have killed him before he could do anything.

The tiny amount of iron in hemoglobin converting to lead would not kill even a baseline human instantly. It certainly wouldn't kill someone with Magneto's durability, not to mention bbeing able to use his own subatomic manipulation to keep himself going.

@Blacklightning13 said:

Round 1: Black bolt. He will only be pushed so far before he whispers and destroys him.

Round 2: Black Bolt starts the fight by screaming. Then Magneto... well does nothing he's dead.

Magneto with no shields has tanked damage equal to BB's whisper, to say nothing of his shields which have held against the Phoenix and Galactus. Don't be ridiculous. Blackbolt has no attacks that can penetrate Magneto's shields. Mags is faster, more durable, and far more versatile, has far more experience, etc... He has held immobile the entire rosters of the X-men, X-Force, and X-Factor including many omega level mutants (most of whom could also beat Bolt). You really don't think he can do the same thing against Bolt? Especially considering that the way Magneto's powers work, he can see the electrons as BB manipulates them and adjust his own superior energy manipulation to counter. Outside War of Kings, you can count BB"s decent feats on one hand. And his very best feat ever still isn't anything close to anything Mags hasn't already dealt with...easily. This isn't even close.

#28 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

BB for the win.

#29 Posted by SwordandShields (712 posts) - - Show Bio

@They Killed Cap!: this does not explain anything so please don't comment just for the hell of it.

#30 Edited by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, it is an open forum. I can't whenever I want...however I want. You don't have to like it. :P So again, BB for the win.

#31 Posted by Trinity00 (2508 posts) - - Show Bio

@They Killed Cap! said:

Dude, it is an open forum. I can't whenever I want...however I want. You don't have to like it. :P So again, BB for the win.
#32 Posted by Bo88gdan (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto both rounds

#33 Posted by SwordandShields (712 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#34 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

I change my initial opinion 5 months ago and say Black Bolts wins both rounds. After reading things with Black Bolt in it, I have to say he's pretty boss.

#35 Posted by henrik (562 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Bolt .

He is one of the most powerful characters , so he beats Magneto in both rounds .

#36 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Bolt.