- K.O. or Death FTW. 
thestarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By thestarguy

Which version of Warlock? With which power set?

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By czarny_samael666

Adam's power is far too great for Magneto.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Hyperlight

adam warlock doesnt seem to be that great.. he usually uses the power of the soul gem... but id give it to mags because adam wont go all out

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Hyperlight said:

adam warlock doesnt seem to be that great.. he usually uses the power of the soul gem... but id give it to mags because adam wont go all out

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NeonGameWave

Adam stomps. He is a lot more powerful and I don`t see how Magneto`s abilities would ultimately help him.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hyperlight

@jeanroygrant: you are right im trippin.. plus new warlock is dope too

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Hyperlight said:

Lol, yep

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Killemall

@Hyperlight said:

I actually agree with your initial assessment, Adam Warlock main powers have always been soul gem related, and like you said he generally uses the soul gem. The OP is the most recent version of Adam Warlock, who does not have soul gem, he lost his soul gem after he came back to life during War of Kings story arc.

Without the gem Adam isnt as powerful as one would think, he still has pretty awesome energy manipulation, but from what we have seen him do offensively Magneto's shield could take it.

I think its a lot closer than what people think.

@czarny_samael666 said:

Based on?

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bo88gdan

Magneto can win this

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CalebHara

Adam wrecks him IMO. Didn't he beat the Silver Surfer a few times?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Killemall

@CalebHara said:

Adam wrecks him IMO. Didn't he beat the Silver Surfer a few times?

He hasnt beaten Silver Surfer, in fact they have never fought till date, unless you are thinking about Magus from Annihilation: Earthfall. Different character, different power level.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CalebHara

@Killemall: Really? i swear i have seen Adam beating the Surfer somewhere.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Killemall

@CalebHara said:

@Killemall: Really? i swear i have seen Adam beating the Surfer somewhere.

I am surprised, i have read most of his issue, but i know i am missing 6 of them and i am quite certain i have read virtually every appearence of Silver Surfer before November 2011. Also if he has actually beaten Surfer, which i am finding a little strange but lets assume he has, its a complete outlier to all his other feats. Adam was clearly losing against Hercules before Vision helped, Adam was also clearly being dominated by Dr. Doom (without any amp, coz with amp that guy dominates everyone :p ) , has struggled against Man Beat and most of his exotic powers like soul manipulation, matter manipulation were all tied into soul gem.

Also to think of it, you might be referring to the instance Adam Warlock met Surfer in the soul world, if so Surfer was completely powerless there as power cosmic does not extend to soul world.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CalebHara

@Killemall: Thats probably what i was thinking of, thanks for expanding my knowledge on the subject though, lol.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Killemall

@CalebHara said:

@Killemall: Thats probably what i was thinking of, thanks for expanding my knowledge on the subject though, lol.

No problem always a pleasure.

If you like warlock, check this thread out :)

http://www.comicvine.com/adam-warlock/29-6805/warlock-chronology-feats/92-740295/

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dondave

Magneto ftw

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Killemall said:

@Hyperlight said:

I actually agree with your initial assessment, Adam Warlock main powers have always been soul gem related, and like you said he generally uses the soul gem. The OP is the most recent version of Adam Warlock, who does not have soul gem, he lost his soul gem after he came back to life during War of Kings story arc.

Without the gem Adam isnt as powerful as one would think, he still has pretty awesome energy manipulation, but from what we have seen him do offensively Magneto's shield could take it.

@czarny_samael666 said:

Based on?

On ability to create shields strong enough to survive in heart of star. And IIRC explosion of it. Warlock is also matter manipulator, since he created metal that accroding to GoG never existed in Earth-616 (don't ask me about that their knowledge, I doubt it actuallt matters if it existed or no). 
Way in which he defeated Phalanx Select, shows that his offensive abilities are pretty good. He was also able to defeat some witch from Imperial Guard. I don't recall his other feats for know. Not that I belive he need them, but Magus' feats should count as well, since Magus is Warlock. At least one who made an "ignition".
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Killemall

@czarny_samael666 said:

On ability to create shields strong enough to survive in heart of star. And IIRC explosion of it. Warlock is also matter manipulator, since he created metal that accroding to GoG never existed in Earth-616 (don't ask me about that their knowledge, I doubt it actuallt matters if it existed or no). Way in which he defeated Phalanx Select, shows that his offensive abilities are pretty good. He was also able to defeat some witch from Imperial Guard. I don't recall his other feats for know. Not that I belive he need them, but Magus' feats should count as well, since Magus is Warlock. At least one who made an "ignition".

Warlock matter manipulation was tied down to soul gem something he no longer has with him. Also i dont remember him creating a shield after losing the gem, might i ask which instance you are talking about.

Magus feat does not coulnt because Magus is what Warlock will become eventually , in a future timeline, and most important its 2 different power level.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Killemall said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

On ability to create shields strong enough to survive in heart of star. And IIRC explosion of it. Warlock is also matter manipulator, since he created metal that accroding to GoG never existed in Earth-616 (don't ask me about that their knowledge, I doubt it actuallt matters if it existed or no). Way in which he defeated Phalanx Select, shows that his offensive abilities are pretty good. He was also able to defeat some witch from Imperial Guard. I don't recall his other feats for know. Not that I belive he need them, but Magus' feats should count as well, since Magus is Warlock. At least one who made an "ignition".

Warlock matter manipulation was tied down to soul gem something he no longer has with him. Also i dont remember him creating a shield after losing the gem, might i ask which instance you are talking about.

Magus feat does not coulnt because Magus is what Warlock will become eventually , in a future timeline, and most important its 2 different power level.

1.Shield and matter manipulation: 
Adam Warlock creating a new metal
Adam Warlock creating a new metal

First scan - they're coming to HE.
Second and third - they flying from his destryoed star. They survived - I assume that thanks to Warlock's shields too.
2.LAst Magus was Warlock. Adam was transforming into him during GoG normally. It was the same person, because this version of Warlock was one that was belived to lead Church of Universal Truth to Canncerverse.
Avatar image for captain_awesome85
Captain_Awesome85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warlock FTW cosmic almost always beats Earth mutants

Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ddecourt

@Killemall said:

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By boschePG

I too think this is a closer battle then most think. Most people will probably side with Adam Warlock just for the simple fact that he is "space" bound. The new Adam Warlock is far weaker. With the OPs guidelines, Magneto has no morals while Warlock has his morals on. Warlock couldnt handle all the death from Annihilation and coccooned himself. Isnt that Magneto's history on a smaller scale? For his people, Magneto will draw that line in the sand to perserve mutantkind. Also, Adam Warlock has seizures if he gets tired. Magique from the Shi'ar was able to tag Warlock, showing me the dude isnt the greatest It is said Magneto can use the entire electromagnetic spectrum. Ive never seen it, but if so, Magneto can win this. I would say 55%Magneto 45% Adam Warlock

duderkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By duderkyle

Magneto drops buildings on Warlock.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By czarny_samael666
@duderkyle said:

Magneto drops buildings on Warlock.

And nothing happens. Warlock survived fly to heart of star.
@boschePG
He is actually much more powerfull. He has matter manipulation and shields that were able to protect him and his friends from explosion of star.
boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By boschePG

@czarny_samael666: I understand that and I dig Adam Warlock but the whole cocoon thing in times of great stress is a major drawback in this fight. Just check out vine's Adam Warlock respect thread. If I recall correctly, want the shield backed by the Church and its faith engines.

All Im saying is that Adam Warlock is good but he needs other things to aide him in feats I have seen

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam stomps. He is a lot more powerful and I don`t see how Magneto`s abilities would ultimately help him.

this

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam Warlock.

yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will fight for Mags against almost anyone all day any day. Magneto is my all time favorite character. I know him inside and out, and I can make legit arguments for him beating many top tier characters. Adam Warlock is not one of them. As much as it pains me to say it...Adam Warlock outclasses Magneto by just too much. Adam wins. And he wins pretty easily.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warlock