Magneto (upgraded) vs

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lordraiden

Magneto gets sum serious upgrades to himself and his powers that puts him in a much higher league than he already is. He gets the same treatment Wolverine/Deadpool did, he gets a healing factor on par with theirs, with an adamantium skeleton bonded to him just like Wolverines, he gets Luke Cage's steel hard skin and strength, as well as Spidermans agility and strength after getting induced by the same spidervenom Parker got bitten with. So, can he get through any of these guys without too much hassle? First one's who can and can't beat, second fight is a gauntlet to see how far he gets with one hour rest in between.

1. Superboy (conner)
2. Namor
3. Martian Manhunter
4. Savage Hulk
5. Mongul
6. Wonder Woman
7. Mon-El
8. Gladiator
9. Black Adam
10. Superman
11. Captain Marvel
12. Brainiac
13. Thor (masterson)
14. Majestic
15. Ultron (Annihilation)
16. Annihilus (no bands)
17. Terrax
18. Hank Henshaw
19. Binary
20. Apocalypse

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Silver2467

He can defeat Superboy, Namor, Hulk, Masterson Thor (could be wrong), Terrax, Apocalypse, Gladiator, and maybe Annihilus.  

Gauntlet: He stops at 3. 

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lordraiden

What can MM do to him? He can't get through with TP with Mags helmet on.  Not to mention his shields.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Silver2467
@lordraiden: First, of all, Magneto has inherent mental defenses. He is not reliant on his helmet. The most powerful telepath Magneto has resisted, that I know of, is Xavier, and even Xavier has affected him telepathically at least once. In telepathic power, the Martian>>>Xavier. Second, the Martian is a physical powerhouse and can break through his shields. Third, he is far faster than Magneto anyway, even with SpiderMan's speed. Fourth, his intangibility is a legitimate factor also. Fifth, the Martian has heat vision he can use to attack him also. Sixth, there is nothing Magneto could do to harm the Martian anyway. 
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lordraiden
@Silver2467 said:
" @lordraiden: First, of all, Magneto has inherent mental defenses. He is not reliant on his helmet. Second, the most powerful telepath Magneto has resisted, that I know of, is Xavier, and even Xavier has affected him telepathically at least once. In telepathic power, the Martian>>>Xavier. Second, the Martian is a physical powerhouse and can break through his shields. Third, he is far faster than Magneto anyway, even with SpiderMan's speed. Fourth, his intangibility is a legitimate factor also. Fifth, the Martian has heat vision he can use to attack him also. Sixth, there is nothing Magneto could do to harm the Martian anyway.  "

Have to disagree with that last part there, specially with the upgrades, let alone his own powers.  Not saying Mags dominates, but saying there's nothing he can do to hurt MM, I don't believe that to be true.  He's taken on teams at teams, of xmen and avengers.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Silver2467
@lordraiden: What he is going to do to an opponent who can turn invisible, intangible, shape shift physical resistances, and has durability on par with SuperMan (being able to withstand blows from Despero, WWIII Black Adam, Doomsday, Captain Marvel, SuperMan, etc. and withstanding lava, among other durability feats)?
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lordraiden
@Silver2467 said:
"@lordraiden: What he is going to do to an opponent who can turn invisible, intangible, shape shift physical resistances, and has durability on par with SuperMan (being able to withstand blows from Despero, WWIII Black Adam, Doomsday, Captain Marvel, SuperMan, etc. and withstanding lava, among other durability feats)? "

He's been put down by less and actually quite fallible, and not as unbreakable as alot on here make him out to be.  On paper, yes, he should be the way you've described him, but in comics, he's not.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Silver2467
@lordraiden: He has taken blows from an amped up Demon, WWIII Black Adam, Doomsday, Despero, a mind controlled/bloodlusted Captain Marvel, SuperMan, etc. He has been blasted by Barda's Mega Rod unharmed. He has withstood an energy blast that destroyed the JLA satellite while he was inside it unharmed. He has regenerated while lava was pouring down on him during an eruption on the side of a volcano. He has briefly taken a brunt of a planetary destroying blast before John Stewart shielded him. I could go on. Your lowballing does not match with what has been consistently shown. 

Next. 
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lordraiden

I'm not trying to lowball him, for the record.  I know you don't agree with me, and that's fine, you don't have too ;-)
Vermillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Vermillo

"@lordraiden: What he is going to do to an opponent who can turn invisible, intangible, shape shift physical resistances, and has durability on par with SuperMan (being able to withstand blows from Despero, WWIII Black Adam, Doomsday, Captain Marvel, SuperMan, etc. and withstanding lava, among other durability feats)? " 

Mag can control them by controling the iron in thier blood like he did to the x-men in his prime and for those invisible and intangile opponent he can just mess with them on a sub atomic.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Silver2467
@Vermillo: The Martian has full chemical control over his own structure. Matter manipulation is not a viable tactic. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lordraiden
@Vermillo said:

""@lordraiden: What he is going to do to an opponent who can turn invisible, intangible, shape shift physical resistances, and has durability on par with SuperMan (being able to withstand blows from Despero, WWIII Black Adam, Doomsday, Captain Marvel, SuperMan, etc. and withstanding lava, among other durability feats)? "  Mag can control them by controling the iron in thier blood like he did to the x-men in his prime and for those invisible and intangile opponent he can just mess with them on a sub atomic. "

Thankyou.  

@ Silver2467   That's Proteus, a reality manipulator.  So, tell me, how do you think MM would fair against him (Proteus)?? Still think Mags can't hurt or affect MM at all?? And that's just plain Mags, withouth the upgrades given to him in this thread, and you still think, with the upgrades given to him, there's absolutely nothing he can do to MM? Yet, he can get up close to Proteus, work him out, and take him down, yet, there's absolutely nothing he can do to MM? Hate stooping to your level, but.......NEXT!!!! 

p.s. I think it was you, who was doing the lowballing, which came back and bit you in the ass, personally!
Vermillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Vermillo
@Silver2467:
Uhmm....So can Apocalypse but Mag still beat him when he was exhausted. Just because MM is a shapeshifter doesn't mean he untouchable. Mag control the electromagnetic pulse of Earth meaning he that he can easly affects someone atoms and shatter them. This is without his upgrades.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Silver2467
@lordraiden: Martian vs Magneto =/= Martian vs Proteus. If you actually read the scans you posted, you would notice that the only reason Magneto was able to affect Proteus is because he in an energy being made up of electrons, which would obviously make him very easy for Magneto to manipulate. Such is not the case with the Martian. That is ABC logic in its prime. And just so you know, the Martian and the rest of the JLA fight reality warpers on practically a daily basis. 

Next. 

@Vermillo said:
" @Silver2467: Uhmm....So can Apocalypse but Mag still beat him when he was exhausted. Just because MM is a shapeshifter doesn't mean he untouchable. Mag control the electromagnetic pulse of Earth meaning he that he can easly affects someone atoms and shatter them. This is without his upgrades. "
One, Apocalypse's shape shifting feats are inferior to his. Two, Apocalypse is a jobber. Three, Magneto will not be "shattering" an opponent as durable as SuperMan (and even if he did, the Martian would regenerate anyway). Four, the Martian has fought matter manipulators before. This is out of the question. Magneto loses at 3. 
ckal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ckal
@Silver2467:  

Martian vs Magneto =/= Martian vs Proteus. If you actually read the scans you posted, you would notice that the only reason Magneto was able to affect Proteus is because he in an energy being made up of electrons, which would obviously make him very easy for Magneto to manipulate. Such is not the case with the Martian. That is ABC logic in its prime. And just so you know, the Martian and the rest of the JLA fight reality warpers on practically a daily basis.

Just jumping into the discussion here, but I don't think this is an accurate assumption. Every living being is made up of electrons (and protons etc) at the atomic level. In those scans, Magneto didn't say he was only able to control her like that because she was made up of more electrons than a normal person. Sure, it was probably easier for him, but that doesn't mean that he wouldn't be able to do it to a normal being as well. He just said he could control electrons, not that he could only control a certain amount of them. (Idk what MM's body composition is, but for the sake of the discussion I'll assume it contains electrons just like humans do).

I'm not saying Magneto will beat MM, just pointing out something here.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Silver2467
@ckal said: 
 Just jumping into the discussion here, but I don't think this is an accurate assumption. Every living being is made up of electrons (and protons etc) at the atomic level. In those scans, Magneto didn't say he was only able to control her like that because she was made up of more electrons than a normal person. Sure, it was probably easier for him, but that doesn't mean that he wouldn't be able to do it to a normal being as well. He just said he could control electrons, not that he could only control a certain amount of them. (Idk what MM's body composition is, but for the sake of the discussion I'll assume it contains electrons just like humans do).  I'm not saying Magneto will beat MM, just pointing out something here. "
Fair assumption, but you missed the point. The only reason I corrected that is because it does not apply. Proteus =/= Martian Manhunter. The Martian has fought matter manipulators and reality manipulators before. His control over his own body has shown to work at incredible levels. The point I was making is that Magneto being capable of affecting Proteus does not translate over to the Martian. 
ckal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ckal
@Silver2467:  No, I didn't miss your point, I understand MM has 'complete control' over himself at a molecular level as he stated.  And I know I know that Magneto fighting Proteus does not equal him fighting MM.  I was not addressing that issue.
I'm also not arguing that Magneto would be able to permanently or even temporarily cause molecular damage to MM (I'm sure he has defenses to it), but he is capable of affecting electrons in all beings/objects. 
What I was saying (and correcting you on), was that (according to the scans) Magneto can effect all electrons in general such as in humans, not limited to a large group of them together (would obviously need protons as well) such as a being made solely of energy/protons/electrons etc. Also, it even appeared he could control electrons in inanimate objects like the earth (in the first scan). 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Silver2467
@ckal: In the scans, Magneto specifically addresses Proteus's energy state. It has relevance on the issue. I am not denying that Magneto can manipulate electrons. He has done so to Pryde before at least once, among others. My point was that it does not translate over to the Martian. Here is what I said: 

@Silver2467
said:
If you actually read the scans you posted, you would notice that the only reason Magneto was able to affect Proteus is because he in an energy being made up of electrons, which would obviously make him very easy for Magneto to manipulate. Such is not the case with the Martian. 
I never stated that Magneto could not affect electrons. Lordraiden seemed to imply that because of how powerful Proteus was and the fact that Magneto could affect him that he could affect the Martian. There were circumstances in that scan which he did not address, i.e., Proteus's energy state. Otherwise, given Proteus's powers, I think he very well should have been able to resist Magneto's matter manipulation. It was because of his form that allowed it. 
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Matezoide2
@Silver2467 said:

No Caption Provided
"
ho god

Martian Manhunter is a megazord!
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Silver2467
@Matezoide: Hahahaha! In Japan, he is known as the Jade Warrior, and there are apparently mangas written about him. No joke. 
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Matezoide2
@Silver2467 said:
" @Matezoide: Hahahaha! In Japan, he is known as the Jade Warrior, and there are apparently mangas written about him. No joke.  "
:O
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Silver2467
@Matezoide said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Matezoide: Hahahaha! In Japan, he is known as the Jade Warrior, and there are apparently mangas written about him. No joke.  "
:O "
In Japan on DC earth, not in reality. Just wanted to make that clear. 
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Matezoide2
@Silver2467 said:
" @Matezoide said:
" @Silver2467 said:
In Japan on DC earth, not in reality. Just wanted to make that clear.  "
ho,thank god
it would be hilarious if it was on reality though
ckal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ckal
@Silver2467: Yep, I saw what you said, and I was specifically replying to this part:

If you actually read the scans you posted, you would notice that the only reason Magneto was able to affect Proteus is because he in an energy being made up of electrons, which would obviously make him very easy for Magneto to manipulate. Such is not the case with the Martian.

In case it had slipped your mind, I was simply pointing out that all people/objects are made up of electrons at the atomic level.  I wasn't sure if you were implying he could only affect Proteus because of his state, and not other beings/objects that contain electrons as well.

(IMO in the scans, it doesn't seem he is addressing Proteus specifically, but electrons in general)

It is obvious by the scans that Magneto has great control over electrons (A larger amount may be easier for him to control, although that is just a guess, that could be incorrect). His ability to control them may be greater than Proteus' (not sure), which is probably why it was effective. Like I said in my previous post, I don't know MM's molecular composition, but assume he is made up of electrons as well.  I also went on to say that I don't think Magneto could damage him using this technique however, because of MM's 'complete control' over himself at the molecular level (and surely defenses to this) which could probably stop Magneto from doing it. Thanks for providing those scans as well.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Silver2467
@ckal: Fair enough.  

@Matezoide said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Matezoide said:
" @Silver2467 said:
In Japan on DC earth, not in reality. Just wanted to make that clear.  "
ho,thank god it would be hilarious if it was on reality though "
It would be hilarious. 
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By difficlus
@Silver2467: interesting btw nice scans..
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By difficlus

Gaunthet he stops at 3. However he can beat Hulk, Gladiator, Annhilus an maybe apocalypse. 

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Silver2467
@difficlus: Thanks. Believe me when I say this though: I had more I could have posted.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By difficlus
@Silver2467: post them all! :)
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Silver2467
@difficlus: Alright. Here are some more scans of some of his shape shifting feats. There are others, but I think this should suffice, especially given what I already posted. 

Growing in size.
 Growing in size.

Shape shifting into animals, in this case, a cat.
 Shape shifting into animals, in this case, a cat.

Cat continued.
 Cat continued.

Shape shifting into a ray.
 Shape shifting into a ray.

Applying shape shifting for combat purposes.
 Applying shape shifting for combat purposes.

More combat.
 More combat.

Combat.
 Combat.

Combat.
 Combat.

Combat again.
 Combat again.

Combat.
 Combat.

Combat.
 Combat.

Combat continued.
 Combat continued.

Combat.
 Combat.

Combat cont.
 Combat cont.

Shape shifting replicants of M'yri'ah and K'hym (his wife and daughter), due to him losing his mind after their deaths.
 Shape shifting replicants of M'yri'ah and K'hym (his wife and daughter), due to him losing his mind after their deaths.

Shape shifting a duplicate of himself still attached to him.
 Shape shifting a duplicate of himself still attached to him.

Actively breaking himself apart.
 Actively breaking himself apart.

Shape shifting his brain to be as insane as the Joker.
 Shape shifting his brain to be as insane as the Joker.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By difficlus
@Silver2467: thanks! wow he has some really creepy transformations. the one with his wife and daughter and the monster and tentacle squid are ghastly...
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Silver2467
@difficlus: I agree. Also, the fact that he can replicate the Joker's insanity is both impressive and disturbing. 
Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By termiteone4ever
@Silver2467:
i HAVE SEEN AND READ A FEW OF THESE COMICS :) ITS BEEN WHILE :)  THANKS FOR THE SCANS :)  
@Lordraiden:

. Superboy (conner) (NO)
2. Namor ( yes)
3. Martian Manhunter (hell NO)
4. Savage Hulk ( NO)
5. Mongul (NO)
6. Wonder Woman (hell NO)
7. Mon-El ( no)
8. Gladiator ( HEll NO)
9. Black Adam ( hell NO)
10. Superman ( Hell NO)
11. Captain Marvel (NO)
12. Brainiac ( YES)
13. Thor (masterson) (Hell NO)
14. Majestic ( hell NO)
15. Ultron (Annihilation) (YES)
16. Annihilus (no bands) (not sure)
17. Terrax (hell NO)
18. Hank Henshaw ( Possible)
19. Binary (yes)
20. Apocalypse   (yes)
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lordraiden

Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Achilles.

HE stops at 3 there is no way he can beat MM

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lordraiden
@Achilles. said:
"HE stops at 3 there is no way he can beat MM "

Yet, that's Dr Polaris beating up the JLA above, which not only has GL Kyle in it, but MM also, which says what in his caption?
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Silver2467
@lordraiden: -_- 

If you find that legitimate, you clearly need to reinforce your knowledge on the characters involved in that. First of all, Kyle's shields should have protected against magnetism. There is no legitimate reason that would work. Two, the Martian has fought matter manipulators before, and there is no feasible way he can be defeated by having his face bleed through magnetic control. Third, BatMan decided that Plastic Man would be the only would who could defeat him...........  

Honestly, if you do not see the PIS in that, you need to your research.