R2 Zuko

R3 Toph

R4 Iroh

R5 Bumi

R6 Aang

R7 Iroh under Sozins comet

R8 Aang under Sozins comet

R9 Aang in avatar state

morals for first 6 rounds.1 day prep Magneto uses the fire nation air ships metal ( 20 ships ). No shields for the first 6 rounds for Magneto. No morals after round 6.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've heard that current Magneto can barely lift cars so if thats true then he makes it Toph or maybe Iroh and stops

OldNorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto clears, quite effortlessly.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danm said:

Magneto clears, quite effortlessly.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Magneto is depowered...Classic Magneto would rofl stomp the avatar-verse.

Avatar image for onevision_onepurpose
OneVision_OnePurpose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#8 god_spawn  Moderator
theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do the avatar guys fight in their respective elements?? If so Katara wins - with some difficulty. If a full moon she curbstomps him.

Toph actually should lose coz she cannot see the metal attacks since she is blind, Bumi should see. She could burrow underground to save herself. But forgetting that, it would be such an EPIC fight Mags vs Toph with her metal bending!!!

Aang should win as well as the firebenders due to lightning and fire attacks.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magneto wins easly this is laughable if he is at his pre avx levels.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magneto wins easly this is laughable if he is at his pre avx levels.

Exactly. That's why op is using current version..

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By comic_book_fan

even still i think mags can win it just won't be easy.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How downgraded is he? Even if he was at Xfactor Polaris levels he should stomp.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Roddy010

Do the avatar guys fight in their respective elements?? If so Katara wins - with some difficulty. If a full moon she curbstomps him.

Toph actually should lose coz she cannot see the metal attacks since she is blind, Bumi should see. She could burrow underground to save herself. But forgetting that, it would be such an EPIC fight Mags vs Toph with her metal bending!!!

None of them have the reaction time or defense to electromagnetism. Shooting lightning bolts will only make him stronger.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

@theonetaichou said:

None of them have the reaction time or defense to electromagnetism. Shooting lightning bolts will only make him stronger.

please read the OP mate... no shields and he uses the Fire Nation airships to fight.... so my points still stand

I didn't know electricity fuels Magneto, since when?

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Roddy010

@theonetaichou:

please read the OP mate... no shields and he uses the Fire Nation airships to fight.... so my points still stand

I didn't mention anything about shields. I said neither of the benders have the reaction time to counter Magneto (who reacts 15xs faster than normal) None of them also have never encountered someone who can manipulate the EM fields around them.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto in an effortless curbstomp:

No Caption Provided

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

@theonetaichou:

I didn't mention anything about shields. I said neither of the benders have the reaction time to counter Magneto (who reacts 15xs faster than normal) None of them also have never encountered someone who can manipulate the EM fields around them.

Classic Mags with a feat I have never seen replicated before... besides he uses his shield. He has no shield here

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonetaichou: Why are you keep talking about his shield? And are you serious electricity (lightning) is a part of the electromagnetic spectrum. Hence the "electro" in the word. He can and has shown that he can channel lightning and to a better degree than the benders.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@lordofallhumans said:

How downgraded is he? Even if he was at Xfactor Polaris levels he should stomp.

He was able to dismantle human sized sentinels, one or two at a time it seemed. Against a group of them, he had to use smaller objects of metal like guns, and these pipe arrows that I have no idea where he found, and used them as projectiles. He also appeared injured after that panel and was screaming out in pain while clutching his head. His helmet also appeared to crack for some reason, despite nothing hitting him in the head. So I think he strained himself with his powers when having to use quite a bit of effort on his part and maybe it fluctuated past what he could handle at the time causing a crack, but that is speculation on the fluctuation part on my behalf. And he can still fly it seems. To what degree has yet to be seen.

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who is kotarra?

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By theONEtaichou

@roddy010 said:

@theonetaichou: Why are you keep talking about his shield? And are you serious electricity (lightning) is a part of the electromagnetic spectrum. Hence the "electro" in the word. He can and has shown that he can channel lightning and to a better degree than the benders.

Because he used his shield to deflect lightning from Storm in your scan, as well as the fact that he has no shield in thin battle.

Second... EM waves consist of rapidly oscillating electric and magnetic fields, not moving charges. So an electric current (otherwise known as moving charges i.e lightning) isn't part of the EM spectrum - but it can be used to produce some EM waves. Even if it has the word 'electro' in it doesn't make it part of the EM spectrum. That is a basic answer... sorry mate.

When has Mags channel lightning better than the benders, please please point me in that direction.

P.S: I might have to read up on the EM spectrum but I believe what I wrote is true

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone tell me why he would lose at all?
He many not have his shield, but what's to stop him from forming a wall around him with one ship and then slaughtering everything with the other 19?
He can also fly. Only two of the characters in avatar could do that and only after a serious buff.

This is laughable unless come one can show why any of them would be an actual threat to Magnus.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonetaichou:

Because he used his shield to deflect lightning from Storm in your scan, as well as the fact that he has no shield in thin battle.

Clearly you did not look at the scan AT ALL. There are even circles drawn in the places where Magneto took his shield down to absorb the lightning. He EVEN states how her lightning only makes him stronger. The facts are right their in your face sir you can choose to ignore them all you want but that's canon proof.

Second... EM waves consist of rapidly oscillating electric and magnetic fields, not moving charges. So an electric current (otherwise known as moving charges i.e lightning) isn't part of the EM spectrum - but it can be used to produce some EM waves. Even if it has the word 'electro' in it doesn't make it part of the EM spectrum. That is a basic answer... sorry mate

The Electromagnetic Spectrum is the range in of all frequencies of electromagnetic radiation. This includes Photons, Light, Electricity, Gamma radiation etc. EM Energy is the mixture of electric fields and magnetic fields combining together causing the flow of electricity to generate multiple effects, including lightning. The electromagnetic force is second in effective strength only to the strong force and is infinite in range. To say lightning isn't a part of the spectrum is completely absurd.

When has Mags channel lightning better than the benders, please please point me in that direction.

That's twice Magneto has been able to absorb lightning to amp his own abilities. No one in the Avataverse has shown the ability to channel lightning of Storm's caliber.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By theONEtaichou

@roddy010 said:

@theonetaichou:

Clearly you did not look at the scan AT ALL. There are even circles drawn in the places where Magneto took his shield down to absorb the lightning. He EVEN states how her lightning only makes him stronger. The facts are right their in your face sir you can choose to ignore them all you want but that's canon proof.

Firstly lets look at your scan, Mags does lower parts of his shield but not all. The first panel where Storm arrives his shields are not down and he uses them to tank the fist white lightning bolt, the second panel he does lower part of his shield and the rest of the yellow lightning bolt is deflected using his shield. Again he has no shield here and considering he cannot bend lightning, one lightning bolt from Iroh (especially powered by Sozin's comet) would arc out into multiple bolts as shown in Avatar. He would not be deflecting one arc of lightning towards him like your scan shows from Storm but multiple arcs. Also once he gets stronger what would he do? Lift more metal airships than before in this scenario, no? Also he doesn't bend lightning better than anyone here, that doesn't even look like a lightning bolt he shot at Storm. Also while a case can be made that no one can channel a lightning bolt like Storm (I won't even go there for the moment) does that mean Storm hit Mags with her most powerful, most destructive lightning bot in your scans? What does that mean then. Come on mate...

Second... EM waves consist of rapidly oscillating electric and magnetic fields, not moving charges. So an electric current (otherwise known as moving charges i.e lightning) isn't part of the EM spectrum - but it can be used to produce some EM waves. Even if it has the word 'electro' in it doesn't make it part of the EM spectrum. That is a basic answer... sorry mate

The Electromagnetic Spectrum is the range in of all frequencies of electromagnetic radiation. This includes Photons, Light, Electricity, Gamma radiation etc. EM Energy is the mixture of electric fields and magnetic fields combining together causing the flow of electricity to generate multiple effects, including lightning. The electromagnetic force is second in effective strength only to the strong force and is infinite in range. To say lightning isn't a part of the spectrum is completely absurd.

Firstly only when when a charge is moving do you get an electromagnetic field, when it is stationary a charge produces only an electric field. Again you could have just googled this. Worse they do not combine since charge motion causes both effect, if a charge flows i.e. moves it will then generate an em field, not em spectrum. Field! So your combination cannot occur. That is what is absurd!

Mate, I am sorry but you are so wrong. Electricity is not part of the EMS... here http://www.tufts.edu/as/tampl/en43/lecture_notes/ch6.html ... at best what can be said is that moving electrical charge can induce radiation that falls in the EMS. This is basic physics, in fact just wikipedia the EMS mate. Or electricity. In fact the process of the ems excludes moving charges, shifting quanta energy of atoms. Not moving charges. I also don't know if you are mixing up EMF with EMS, you might be.

Here try these notes that my friend used to teach on EM fields and waves recently to see the difference. They are good. http://www.photonics.ethz.ch/fileadmin/user_upload/optics/Courses/EM_FieldsAndWaves/Intro.pdf

Also please pick up a physics book, namely these ones: The Electromagnetic Spectrum: Key to the Universe by Branley (great starter into EMS), any late edition Giancoli physics textbook is also great (used it in my undergrad to graduate level physics). I really don't want to get into this discussion

sorry mate, good reading though

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonetaichou:

Firstly lets look at your scan, Mags does lower parts of his shield but not all. The first panel where Storm arrives his shields are not down and he uses them to tank the fist white lightning bolt, the second panel he does lower part of his shield and the rest of the yellow lightning bolt is deflected using his shield. Again he has no shield here and considering he cannot bend lightning, one lightning bolt from Iroh (especially powered by Sozin's comet) would arc out into multiple bolts as shown in Avatar. He would not be deflecting one arc of lightning towards him like your scan shows from Storm but multiple arcs. Also once he gets stronger what would he do? Lift more metal airships than before in this scenario, no? Also he doesn't bend lightning better than anyone here, that doesn't even look like a lightning bolt he shot at Storm. Also while a case can be made that no one can channel a lightning bolt like Storm (I won't even go there for the moment) does that mean Storm hit Mags with her most powerful, most destructive lightning bot in your scans? What does that mean then. Come on mate..

I'm sorry are you even reading the scans? I still don't understand why you are talking about a shield here. The point of the scan was to show that Mags can absorb lightning, which he did twice. Once with a shield present and again without any shield. He even went as far as to turn Storm's lightning against her. If any of the Fire benders through lightning at him he can absorb it to make himself more powerful as shown in both scans. Sorry MATE but you don't have an argument against that fact.

Firstly only when when a charge is moving do you get an electromagnetic field, when it is stationary a charge produces only an electric field. Again you could have just googled this. Worse they do not combine since charge motion causes both effect, if a charge flows i.e. moves it will then generate an em field, not em spectrum. Field! So your combination cannot occur. That is what is absurd!

Mate, I am sorry but you are so wrong. Electricity is not part of the EMS... here http://www.tufts.edu/as/tampl/en43/lecture_notes/ch6.html ... at best what can be said is that moving electrical charge can induce radiation that falls in the EMS. This is basic physics, in fact just wikipedia the EMS mate. Or electricity. In fact the process of the ems excludes moving charges, shifting quanta energy of atoms. Not moving charges. I also don't know if you are mixing up EMF with EMS, you might be.

Here try these notes that my friend used to teach on EM fields and waves recently to see the difference. They are good. http://www.photonics.ethz.ch/fileadmin/user_upload/optics/Courses/EM_FieldsAndWaves/Intro.pdf

Also please pick up a physics book, namely these ones: The Electromagnetic Spectrum: Key to the Universe by Branley (great starter into EMS), any late edition Giancoli physics textbook is also great (used it in my undergrad to graduate level physics). I really don't want to get into this discussion

I concede about electricity being a part of the EMS, I'll admit that part of my post was wrong, however it's still doesn't change the fact that electricity still plays a part in the cycle. It doesn't matter anyway since Magneto's powers is electromagnetism. Electromagnetism is the physics of electricity and magnetism. I said ELECTROMAGNETIC ENERGY is the mixture of electric fields and magnetic fields combining together causing the flow of electricity to generate multiple effects. Magnetism is produced by an electric charge in motion, while charges of electrical energy in motion are said to be electromagnetic. So in short, any form of electricity will only make magneto stronger.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: I can see what you're trying to say, and theoretically magneto should be able to cause changes in electricity as well. But, about your claim on any form of electricity making him stronger, it can be explained by a simple parallel. Firebenders are able to manipulate fire, but if you drop a volcano or a supernova on them, they won't be able to stop all of it in time. Same with magneto, even if he can cause some change in electricity, full powered lightening will still fry him, in fact any lightening that exceeds his control scale. and a bit off topic, Not to mention, we don't even know if magical lightening will follow the same way as natural one. For example, thunder controlling characters, such as enel, have control on lightening. So magneto will have to over ride the character's power over it, and by the time he tries that, he will be fried already.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CalebHara

Magneto should clear rather easily. The only chance that the Avatar verse has is Kotara's bloodbending.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Roddy010

@roddy010: I can see what you're trying to say, and theoretically magneto should be able to cause changes in electricity as well. But, about your claim on any form of electricity making him stronger, it can be explained by a simple parallel. Firebenders are able to manipulate fire, but if you drop a volcano or a supernova on them, they won't be able to stop all of it in time. Same with magneto, even if he can cause some change in electricity, full powered lightening will still fry him, in fact any lightening that exceeds his control scale. and a bit off topic, Not to mention, we don't even know if magical lightening will follow the same way as natural one. For example, thunder controlling characters, such as enel, have control on lightening. So magneto will have to over ride the character's power over it, and by the time he tries that, he will be fried already.

Okay I see your point, however I disagree. You're point would be true if I had not already shown proof that Magneto couldn't counter/absorb lightning. I've posted two instance of Magneto absorbing lightning from Storm (who clearly outclasses the benders in the use of lightning) as well as reversing her lightning back at her. The Fire Benders can't absorb lightning they can only guide or redirect it, any slight slip up and they are dead as Iroh told Zuko. Magneto will override their control easily. None of the Fire Benders have feats to show that they could override Magneto's control. So in short Lightning would be a foolish thing to throw at someone who controls electromagnetism.

Also the lightning in the Avatarverse has never been confirmed to be magical in nature. Not that it makes a difference anyway.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: I didn't say he can't affect/control it. I'm saying he could still be overloaded. And the problem with what you're posted is, this is current magneto. And even if storm is better at lightening, we don't see her using it to her fullest potential. Parallel will be Goku's full charged ki blast vs a casual ki blast. Well, throwing lightening at someone who can control electromagnetism is, as you say, foolish, only if the user is someone such as enel. Magneto, on the other hand, still has a physicality of a peak human, and he still can be fried, IF he is overloaded. I'm a bit lagging in my x men, so I'm not making an objective comment, but if magneto's back to car level, as joewell says, then There is no way he is countering direct lightening.

As I said, the magical lightening thing is off topic.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: You have no evidence to prove that he can be overloaded by the Benders. Magneto ,even in his current state, should have no problem absorbing their lightning since it is within his powerset and he has done so on two occasions against someone that outclasses the Benders in the use of lightning. That's proof enough that he stomps against the Fire Benders.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mags clears it, even in his current state he could.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@roddy010: I didn't state 'benders' specifically. I was replying to your statement on how electricity is useless against magneto, which it isn't. And as I said, storm can create weaker lightening that avatarverse if she wants. Though her lightening feats are better, it does not mean every lightening she makes is stronger than avatar lightening. Not to mention, we didn't even see her particularly exerting there. And, if you do have some good scans of current magneto, feel free to share, and we'll say he clears easily. why wait?

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By theONEtaichou

@roddy010 said:

@theonetaichou:

Firstly lets look at your scan, Mags does lower parts of his shield but not all. The first panel where Storm arrives his shields are not down and he uses them to tank the fist white lightning bolt, the second panel he does lower part of his shield and the rest of the yellow lightning bolt is deflected using his shield. Again he has no shield here and considering he cannot bend lightning, one lightning bolt from Iroh (especially powered by Sozin's comet) would arc out into multiple bolts as shown in Avatar. He would not be deflecting one arc of lightning towards him like your scan shows from Storm but multiple arcs. Also once he gets stronger what would he do? Lift more metal airships than before in this scenario, no? Also he doesn't bend lightning better than anyone here, that doesn't even look like a lightning bolt he shot at Storm. Also while a case can be made that no one can channel a lightning bolt like Storm (I won't even go there for the moment) does that mean Storm hit Mags with her most powerful, most destructive lightning bot in your scans? What does that mean then. Come on mate..

I'm sorry are you even reading the scans? I still don't understand why you are talking about a shield here. The point of the scan was to show that Mags can absorb lightning, which he did twice. Once with a shield present and again without any shield. He even went as far as to turn Storm's lightning against her. If any of the Fire benders through lightning at him he can absorb it to make himself more powerful as shown in both scans. Sorry MATE but you don't have an argument against that fact.

I am talking about a shield since the OP mentions 'No shields for Mags' and the fact that Magneto's shield dissipated the rest of the of the lightning bolt. In fact here...

No Caption Provided

see where the red arrow point? that is the shield taking the brunt of Storm one lightning bolt. And that is one bolt. And Mags didn't absorb the lightning he dissipated it with his shield, the other scan no lightning is shown.

No Caption Provided

These pics from the series show how their lightning does multi-arcs, or multi bolts. With no shield (which Mags needed for one bolt of lightning) means he will get fried. BTW forgetting that this is Classic Magneto, we normally use current versions at the Vine unless stated in the OP, a feat he has never replicated into his modern version nor in his current version means he doesn't do it here, worse since the only scan you showed Mags still used his shield, a shield he doesn't get here, means he gets fried. As for being a better bender than them... umm no. You don't have an argument against those facts, sorry mate.

I concede about electricity being a part of the EMS, I'll admit that part of my post was wrong, however it's still doesn't change the fact that electricity still plays a part in the cycle. It doesn't matter anyway since Magneto's powers is electromagnetism. Electromagnetism is the physics of electricity and magnetism. I said ELECTROMAGNETIC ENERGY is the mixture of electric fields and magnetic fields combining together causing the flow of electricity to generate multiple effects. Magnetism is produced by an electric charge in motion, while charges of electrical energy in motion are said to be electromagnetic. So in short, any form of electricity will only make magneto stronger.

Electricity plays a part but so do a lot of things, electricity on its own i.e. lightning will not do anything in relation to the EMS, even with instruments it requires high level currents and magnets to create electromagnetism that we can even study let alone something Mags could use in this fight. Mags controls magnetism, electricity on its own does diddly squat for Mags. What you miss is that its not just electrical charge here and magnetism there and boom! you have ems. It's the way they interact, a very specific way for them to interact to create ems, instead they just create an em field.

Also on what you said is wrong sir, your home, laptop even has no magnets or magnetic fields for that matter to generate electricity i.e moving charge. Still wrong mate. Also electromagnetism is produced by moving charge, magnetism cannot control such charge. In other words once a lightning bolt is shot out, Mags has no counter for it i.e. the resultant field is dependent on the resultant motion of charge, the field does not interact in the reverse tmu.

In short electricity cannot fuel Magneto (failing which is his vast appearances in comics where he never does such but hey, whatever).

good day sir

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: I didn't state 'benders' specifically. I was replying to your statement on how electricity is useless against magneto, which it isn't. And as I said, storm can create weaker lightening that avatarverse if she wants. Though her lightening feats are better, it does not mean every lightening she makes is stronger than avatar lightening. Not to mention, we didn't even see her particularly exerting there. And, if you do have some good scans of current magneto, feel free to share, and we'll say he clears easily. why wait?

This is the only leg you have to stand on. You're basing you're entire argument on the fact that Magneto had trouble lifting a truck but we don't know the full extent of his powers as of late. Since you have no proof that he can no longer absorb lightning this would be called conjecture. Magneto has shown twice on panel that he can absorb lightning and went on to state how it makes his magnetism stronger. Throwing lightning is next to useless against him (which is why Storm used a different approach) and I've proven that fact.

@theonetaichou:

I am talking about a shield since the OP mentions 'No shields for Mags' and the fact that Magneto's shield dissipated the rest of the of the lightning bolt. In fact here...

No Caption Provided

Sigh, this shield argument is getting really old. You are seriously nitpicking that scan. His shield was warped so that his hand can be free to catch the lightning his shield didn't tank much of that attack since he absorbed the brunt of it. Here's Magneto unshielded absorbing Storm's lightning with no problem. For God's sake read the scans MATE it's not that hard.

These pics from the series show how their lightning does multi-arcs, or multi bolts. With no shield (which Mags needed for one bolt of lightning) means he will get fried. BTW forgetting that this is Classic Magneto, we normally use current versions at the Vine unless stated in the OP, a feat he has never replicated into his modern version nor in his current version means he doesn't do it here, worse since the only scan you showed Mags still used his shield, a shield he doesn't get here, means he gets fried. As for being a better bender than them... umm no. You don't have an argument against those facts, sorry mate.

Lol the only leg you guys have to stand on. Yes a classic showing that's well within his powerset. He's replicated this feat TWICE so it can be used here. Magneto isn't getting fried by these Benders no matter how much you want him too and canon has prove this much.

Electricity plays a part but so do a lot of things, electricity on its own i.e. lightning will not do anything in relation to the EMS, even with instruments it requires high level currents and magnets to create electromagnetism that we can even study let alone something Mags could use in this fight. Mags controls magnetism, electricity on its own does diddly squat for Mags. What you miss is that its not just electrical charge here and magnetism there and boom! you have ems. It's the way they interact, a very specific way for them to interact to create ems, instead they just create an em field.

This post is irrelevant. I already conceded about electricity being a part of the EMS. so I don't see why you''re going on a rant about electricity and it's interaction with the EMS. Doesn't matter anyway because we're talking about electromagnetism. Also Magneto doesn't just control magnetism. He manipulates electromagnetic energy which includes electrical and magnetic fields. This is why he is able to amp his powers using lightning and why he's able to absorb it in the first place.

Also on what you said is wrong sir, your home, laptop even has no magnets or magnetic fields for that matter to generate electricity i.e moving charge. Still wrong mate. Also electromagnetism is produced by moving charge, magnetism cannot control such charge. In other words once a lightning bolt is shot out, Mags has no counter for it i.e. the resultant field is dependent on the resultant motion of charge, the field does not interact in the reverse tmu.

In short electricity cannot fuel Magneto (failing which is his vast appearances in comics where he never does such but hey, whatever).

I never said any of this. Are you even reading my post MATE? It seems like you're only reading what you want to read and nitpicking scans to make a point that you do not have. Electricity may not be a part of the EMS but it does make up EM Energy. Both Magneto has complete control over. So in short electricity wouldn't be the best thing to throw at him.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@roddy010 said:

@princearagorn1 said:

This is the only leg you have to stand on. You're basing you're entire argument on the fact that Magneto had trouble lifting a truck but we don't know the full extent of his powers as of late. Since you have no proof that he can no longer absorb lightning this would be called conjecture. Magneto has shown twice on panel that he can absorb lightning and went on to state how it makes his magnetism stronger. Throwing lightning is next to useless against him (which is why Storm used a different approach) and I've proven that fact.

ok. what proof do you have that the current magneto can absorb lightening? Classic magneto was a superpower in his own right. You're using his abilities to show us what he used to be, which we all know. It's the current one we need. Unless you post scans of current magneto doing something, he's not clearing even round 1. (Well, that's a bit harsh, I'm sure he can, but if you're arguing a character's case, it's a good idea to show scans. Debating 101 )

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

@princearagorn1 said:

ok. what proof do you have that the current magneto can absorb lightening? Classic magneto was a superpower in his own right. You're using his abilities to show us what he used to be, which we all know. It's the current one we need. Unless you post scans of current magneto doing something, he's not clearing even round 1. (Well, that's a bit harsh, I'm sure he can, but if you're arguing a character's case, it's a good idea to show scans. Debating 101 )

I've already posted scans. It's still within his powerset to absorb lightning since his power is electromagnetism. Just because we see him have trouble lifting a car does not mean he completely forgot how to use other applications of his power. Absorbing one of the two elements that make up your his power has not proved difficult for Magneto. The two instances shows that he has a way of countering electricity when the need calls for it. Now let me ask you what defenses do the Benders, besides the Earthbenders, have against Magneto's powers.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@roddy010: You have not posted scans of current magneto. Obviously, if he's power is so downscaled that he can barely lift vehicles how is he handling a bolt of lightening? There is absolutely no way he can.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: You have not posted scans of current magneto. Obviously, if he's power is so downscaled that he can barely lift vehicles how is he handling a bolt of lightening? There is absolutely no way he can.

This is conjecture. Lifting a car and aborbing lightning are two completely different things. One instances he's exerting power the other he's inserting energy to make himself stronger. I ask again what defenses do the Benders have against his power?

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By theONEtaichou

@roddy010 said:

am talking about a shield since the OP mentions 'No shields for Mags' and the fact that Magneto's shield dissipated the rest of the of the lightning bolt. In fact here...

Sigh, this shield argument is getting really old. You are seriously nitpicking that scan. His shield was warped so that his hand can be free to catch the lightning his shield didn't tank much of that attack since he absorbed the brunt of it. Here's Magneto unshielded absorbing Storm's lightning with no problem. For God's sake read the scans MATE it's not that hard.

This shield argument is not getting old, I posted your scan with red arrows showing you that his shield took the brunt of the attack. Who is nitpicking the scan, if Mags stopped his shields and took the lightning bolt himself, all of it, I would so agree with you. But since he doesn't, what must I do? Just agree so as to not nitpick? You posted the scan and highlighted it, I just showed you where you highlighted how much the shield took. Do you not agree that the shield takes the brunt of the lightning bolt?

And worse you second scan Magneto states himself "took all my remaining strength... was able to draw lightning bolts from the sky, filtering them through Storm before absorbing their awesome power" sic. He did all of that due to Storm, there is no Storm here to create the right weather conditions for him, only benders who can create lightning out of the blue. No Storm to filter the power through as well... I suggest you read your own scan mate.

btw I use friend/mate/sir interchangeably as a sign of respect on these forums. I am not being sarcastic or intentionally being egregious towards you.

Lol the only leg you guys have to stand on. Yes a classic showing that's well within his powerset. He's replicated this feat TWICE so it can be used here. Magneto isn't getting fried by these Benders no matter how much you want him too and canon has prove this much.

Mate, Classic Mags did that twice, there have been hundreds if not thousands of comics later where he never replicated the feat into the modern age and until current. And he has fought Storm many more times as well. It is not just a leg to stand on, but it is also the only leg allowed in these here forums. Worse is that since there are many instances where Mags doesn't get a power up when fighting Storm, a case, a most reasonable case, can be made that these two are just classic age PIS that was apparent in every comic at the time. You could no more use Silver Age Superman's solar system planet tow as a feat for Nu52 Superman as you could use that for current Mags. Sorry.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: Absorbing lightening is still greater than lifting a car. And you have shown absolutely no proof that current magneto can absorb lightening.

He has a wide range of powers. Which power are you talking about?

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Roddy010

@theonetaichou said:

This shield argument is not getting old, I posted your scan with red arrows showing you that his shield took the brunt of the attack. Who is nitpicking the scan, if Mags stopped his shields and took the lightning bolt himself, all of it, I would so agree with you. But since he doesn't, what must I do? Just agree so as to not nitpick? You posted the scan and highlighted it, I just showed you where you highlighted how much the shield took. Do you not agree that the shield takes the brunt of the lightning bolt?

No I don't agree with this at all. The fact that he absorb enough of the bolt to strengthen himself shows that his shield did not take the brunt of that attack.

And worse you second scan Magneto states himself "took all my remaining strength... was able to draw lightning bolts from the sky, filtering them through Storm before absorbing their awesome power" sic. He did all of that due to Storm, there is no Storm here to create the right weather conditions for him, only benders who can create lightning out of the blue. No Storm to filter the power through as well... I suggest you read your own scan mate.

This just proves my point even further. In the scans Magneto was able to create an EM field around Storm to create a lightning bolt that filtered through her (knocking her out) all while strengthen him. The scan I posted before that was an unfiltered bolt that he absorb with no problem. He can use this same tactic on the Fire Benders. Ororo isn't needed for this battle.

Mate, Classic Mags did that twice, there have been hundreds if not thousands of comics later where he never replicated the feat into the modern age and until current. And he has fought Storm many more times as well. It is not just a leg to stand on, but it is also the only leg allowed in these here forums. Worse is that since there are many instances where Mags doesn't get a power up when fighting Storm, a case, a most reasonable case, can be made that these two are just classic age PIS that was apparent in every comic at the time. You could no more use Silver Age Superman's solar system planet tow as a feat for Nu52 Superman as you could use that for current Mags. Sorry.

Him doing it twice is enough evidence. Characters don't have to pull the same feats in every issue just to prove that they can do it. Be reasonable man. The difference between Silver Age Superman and DCnU Superman is that they are two completely different characters with slightly backgrounds. Magneto is the same character he was with no other modifications and the exact same canon background. He has trouble lifting a car now all of a sudden he can't absorb electricity one of the applications of his power?

btw I use friend/mate/sir interchangeably as a sign of respect on these forums. I am not being sarcastic or intentionally being egregious towards you

Okay no worries bro. I apologize if I offended. I can sometimes get really into a debate :P

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

@theonetaichou said:

No I don't agree with this at all. The fact that he absorb enough of the bolt to strengthen himself shows that his shield did not take the brunt of that attack.

Mate, his hand touches the centre of the bolt, the rest of the bolt, the majority of the bolt, goes to his shield. Whether the part he touched strengthened him or not =/= he took the brunt of the attack. There is no way for you to know that. He got strengthened by how much? 1% 2% 90% was he suddenly 101%,102% 190% as powerful? I have shown you that the shield (which he doesn't have here in these forum battle) took the brunt of the one, ONE, lightning bolt, you can see it, I can see it. There is no more mate. I asked you if you agreed that the shield took the brunt of the lightning bolt, now I ask does his shield take any part of the lightning bolt, and how much?

This just proves my point even further. In the scans Magneto was able to create an EM field around Storm to create a lightning bolt that filtered through her (knocking her out) all while strengthen him. The scan I posted before that was an unfiltered bolt that he absorb with no problem. He can use this same tactic on the Fire Benders. Ororo isn't needed for this battle.

Mags created an EM field BECAUSE Storm created the conditions for it... he even says it in your scan, bottom panel! He states "as a byproduct of her (Storm) elemental assault, Storm created a hurricane about my island... by warping the magnetic fields within the tempest (sic)". Without Storm he could not do what he did, so unless the fire benders here are first going to create a hurricane before they fight Mags, provide Magneto with Storm to which he would use to filter the bolts through so he can absorb their power = Mags gets electrocuted from the get go.

Him doing it twice is enough evidence. Characters don't have to pull the same feats in every issue just to prove that they can do it. Be reasonable man. The difference between Silver Age Superman and DCnU Superman is that they are two completely different characters with slightly backgrounds. Magneto is the same character he was with no other modifications and the exact same canon background.He has trouble lifting a car now all of a sudden he can't absorb electricity one of the applications of his power?

Mags did it twice vs 100's to 1000's of instances where he never did that, worse against the same attacks from the same character (Storm) + Classic Age comic situation = Classic age PIS. Worse he never did such into the modern age nor even current! That, my friend, is where reason stands.

Let me correct me: Using classic Mags feats is tantamount to using SA/Pre-Crisis Superman feats for Post-Crisis Superman. Mags has had modifications or retcons also, I know we all try to forget Xorn. The fact that currenthas trouble lifting a car, when he could hold asteroids shows you the 'retcon' on current Mags (forgetting that crap that was Xorn).

good day sir

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Let me correct me: Using classic Mags feats is tantamount to using SA/Pre-Crisis Superman feats for Post-Crisis Superman. Mags has had modifications or retcons also, I know we all try to forget Xorn. The fact that currenthas trouble lifting a car, when he could hold asteroids shows you the 'retcon' on current Mags (forgetting that crap that was Xorn).

good day sir

Exactly. That's what I've been trying to say. Classic magneto solos most of the avatarverse. No sane man is ever going to put him in this Gauntlet. Sadly, I skipped a lot of new x men so I can't see scans myself.. So it's better if someone posted some scans of current magneto.