Magneto in control of 10,000 Light Sabres vs Klingon Empire

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Magethor

Magneto is obiting around Earth protecting it by the oncoming invasion of the Klingon Empire. He can use his entire arsenal of powers but surrounding him also in his control are 10,000 light sabres. The Klingons are sending in their 1st wave of attack.

50 Bird of Preys

25 Warbirds

10 Vor' Cha Attack Cruisers

500 of these little Torons

and 15 of the Raptors

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By whydama

Magneto could just produce a mega EMP wave that disables all ships and sends the Solar system back to the Dark ages. Or he could siphon off energy from different worlds. Magneto takes this if he is bloodlusted and at full power

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Baldy

@whydama said:

Magneto could just produce a mega EMP wave that disables all ships and sends the Solar system back to the Dark ages. Or he could siphon off energy from different worlds. Magneto takes this if he is bloodlusted and at full power

Yeah, an EMP. We currently have technology to protect from that, you don't think the Klingons do?

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By whydama

@Baldy:

We have technology that protects from emp of low energy. Make is sufficiently high and no amount of shielding will help.

Its the difference between regular bullets and kevlar. Make some material to resist bullets and people will come up with armor piercing round.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Baldy

@whydama said:

@Baldy:

We have technology that protects from emp of low energy. Make is sufficiently high and no amount of shielding will help.

Its the difference between regular bullets and kevlar. Make some material to resist bullets and people will come up with armor piercing round.

Yeah. That would make sense if you ignore the fact that Klingon technology makes us look like a bunch of chimps banging rocks together.

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By whydama

@Baldy:

Klingons wont be fighting us, they would be fighting the Master of Magnetism

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Baldy

@whydama said:

@Baldy:

Um. And? What does that have to do with anything I said?

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By whydama

@Baldy said:

@whydama said:

@Baldy:

@Baldy said:

@whydama said:

Yeah, an EMP. We currently have technology to protect from that, you don't think the Klingons do

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Baldy

@whydama said:

@Baldy said:

@whydama said:

@Baldy:

@Baldy said:

@whydama said:

Yeah, an EMP. We currently have technology to protect from that, you don't think the Klingons do

And..... what's your point?

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By whydama

@Baldy said:

@whydama said:

@Baldy said:

@whydama said:

@Baldy:

@Baldy said:

@whydama said:

@whydama said:

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Baldy

@whydama said:

@Baldy said:

@whydama said:

@Baldy said:

@whydama said:

@Baldy:

@Baldy said:

@whydama said:

@whydama said:

Reposting quotes that don't make sense doesn't suddenly cause them to make sense. You said he could EMP them, to which I responded that probably wouldn't work due to their advanced techonology.

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By whydama

And then I said it will work.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By jobiwankenobi

Magneto can't focus on that many lightsabers at once well enough to put up a good fight against every ship. While he's attacking one, another will attack the planet. He's one guy and can't fight so many enemies.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jorgevy

@Baldy said:

@whydama said:

Yeah, an EMP. We currently have technology to protect from that, you don't think the Klingons do?

this

also, are the lightsabers floating due to Magneto or are they just there? cause if they are just there maybe Magneto could try some spam shooting....

raxtsfk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By raxtsfk

Magneto recently manipulated and stabilized the brain and nervous system of a Celestial. I think he can handle the lightsabers. I can imagine him just swirling the sabers in orbit, crisscrossing all over the place, slicing through the ships. That's assuming the lightsabers can penetrate the klingon shields. Magneto FTW

reaperxdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By reaperxdeath

Yea i think magneto would take this one, especially with the lightsabers, he would just send a group of lightsabers at each ship at the same time and take them out

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By JamesKM716

Klingon Empire stomps. 10,000 lightsabers won't do much for Magneto since he doesn't have the force he can't use it adequently.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#18  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@JamesKM716 said:

Klingon Empire stomps. 10,000 lightsabers won't do much for Magneto since he doesn't have the force he can't use it adequently.

HUH? You don't need the force to turn one on. The force would help you actually to actually have a sword fight, but I doubt that's being suggested by anyone.

Also, if you take obi-wan's description of the force, an energy field that surrounds and penetrates everything and binds the universe together, then Magneto basically has the force. :P

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JamesKM716

I know you don't have to have the force to turn one on, but they're nigh useless in a swordfight without the force. But that doesn't even matter, having 10,000 lightsabers isn't really going to help Magneto that much anyway. there are too many to effectively use them. Plus, their are a huge amount of ships that even if Magneto manages to take down a few of them, with lightsabers or not, the other ships could still blast him before Magneto could stop them.

I thought about Magneto having the force, but it doesn't work the way that Magneto works, which you probably know.

KingUranus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KingUranus

Magneto would be able to substitute the Force with the entirety of the electromagnetic field. Can't he hack into the databases and controls too?

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@Baldy: @whydama:

If we even have low-level EMP counters, then the Klingons would have far greater technology.

KingUranus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KingUranus

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@Baldy: @whydama:

If we even have low-level EMP counters, then the Klingons would have far greater technology.

But Magneto psionicaly controls the external powers that power up the ships. His mind isn't a technology.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By willpayton

Is the battle to see if the Klingons get through to attack Earth, or if they defeat Magneto?

Can Magneto control and defend himself from all forms of EM radiation, or only magnetism? What's his range to see/sense and affect things?

If he can shield himself from all EM, then I dont see how the Klingons even hurt him. He can dismantle the fleet one by one if he has to. But, probably the fleet will be spread out a lot, and Magneto might not even be able to see all of them, so they'll likely get through to attack Earth.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By ShootingNova

@Buckshot said:

@JamesKM716 said:

HUH? You don't need the force to turn one on. The force would help you actually to actually have a sword fight, but I doubt that's being suggested by anyone.

No, he was questioning Magneto's ability to wield the sabers. If you aren't Force-sensitive, then you can't wield a lightsaber to its true potential unless you have enhancements like Grievous, which Magneto lacks. Magneto can't wield a single lightsaber effectively and to its true potential, much less 10, 000 of them. Of course anybody can turn them on, but you can't wield them unless you're sensitive to the Force, and even then you need many years of hard training. Nobody can wield ten thousand sabers, Magneto would just be slicing himself up. Of course, he could just telekinetically arrange them, but he can't actually wield them properly.

Also, if you take obi-wan's description of the force, an energy field that surrounds and penetrates everything and binds the universe together, then Magneto basically has the force. :P

Except Magneto is not sensitive to the Force, LOL.

@KingUranus said:

Magneto would be able to substitute the Force with the entirety of the electromagnetic field. Can't he hack into the databases and controls too?

Magneto has nothing that can even remotely substitute the Force.

@raxtsfk said:

Magneto recently manipulated and stabilized the brain and nervous system of a Celestial. I think he can handle the lightsabers. I can imagine him just swirling the sabers in orbit, crisscrossing all over the place, slicing through the ships. That's assuming the lightsabers can penetrate the klingon shields. Magneto FTW

No, he can't. Without proper training and Force-sensitivity, Magneto cannot wield one of those sabers properly. He can only arrange them and make poor displays with them, but if he tries to wield all of them simultanouesly he would be utterly overwhelmed. He would be overwhelmed wielding twenty blades (properly) already. Him being able to manipulate the brain of a Celestial and then subsequently being able to handle 10K sabers is the most ridiculous ABC logic I've seen.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@JamesKM716 said:

I know you don't have to have the force to turn one on, but they're nigh useless in a swordfight without the force. But that doesn't even matter, having 10,000 lightsabers isn't really going to help Magneto that much anyway. there are too many to effectively use them. Plus, their are a huge amount of ships that even if Magneto manages to take down a few of them, with lightsabers or not, the other ships could still blast him before Magneto could stop them.

I thought about Magneto having the force, but it doesn't work the way that Magneto works, which you probably know.

@ShootingNova said:

@Buckshot said:

@JamesKM716 said:

No, he was questioning Magneto's ability to wield the sabers. If you aren't Force-sensitive, then you can't wield a lightsaber to its true potential unless you have enhancements like Grievous, which Magneto lacks. Magneto can't wield a single lightsaber effectively and to its true potential, much less 10, 000 of them. Of course anybody can turn them on, but you can't wield them unless you're sensitive to the Force, and even then you need many years of hard training. Nobody can wield ten thousand sabers, Magneto would just be slicing himself up. Of course, he could just telekinetically arrange them, but he can't actually wield them properly.

Riiiiiiiiiight, but Magneto is not going to get into a sword fight with space ships, so pointing out that he doesn't have an ability that would help in a manner of fighting he isn't going to employ seems pointless to me.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JamesKM716

@Buckshot: How is Magneto going to effectively use 10,000 lightsabers? it wouldn't work simply because of the coordination effort. But this is pointless to argue anyway because there are tooo many Klingon ships for Magneto to have a chance of winning. He'll get decimated

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Laurcus

Why wouldn't the Klingons just turn all their guns on the lightsabers? I'm not super familiar with Star Trek ship design, but I'm pretty sure each ship has lots and lots and lots of guns. I know most Federation ships have smaller point defense guns in addition to their main phasers.

Avatar image for venomsapprentice
venomsapprentice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By venomsapprentice

@KingUranus said:

Not before the Klingons bombard the planet from 300,000 kilometers.

Also, I'm pretty sure that torpedoes can be fired many millions of kilometers away.

I won't even mention the cloak.(oops I did)

And before anyone says the bit about Magneto being able to sense the metal, remember that the Federations advanced scanners include that are way better than Magneto's innate ability, and even they can't find cloaked Klingon ships.

Kevhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kevhunt

About the only for magneto to use the lighsabers is to turn them on, point them at a ship, and launch'em. Then pray there shields don't hold.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ShootingNova

@Buckshot said:

@JamesKM716 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Buckshot said:

@JamesKM716 said:

Riiiiiiiiiight, but Magneto is not going to get into a sword fight with space ships, so pointing out that he doesn't have an ability that would help in a manner of fighting he isn't going to employ seems pointless to me.

I was pointing it out to you.

I know, but still, I don't even know if he can handle that many lightsabers.

The Klingons win IMHO.

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's about time to play the Klingon Theme!!

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@JamesKM716 said:

@Buckshot: How is Magneto going to effectively use 10,000 lightsabers? it wouldn't work simply because of the coordination effort. \

I don't recall saying he would use them. I was pointing out that since having the force makes a light saber more useful in a sword fight and Magneto is not going to get into a sword fight, him not having the force is not really a hindrance. Him not having the force wouldn't really stop him from turning them all on and throwing them. That wouldn't really be very effective, but it would be more effective than trying to have a sword fight, so if he were going to use them at all, he wouldn't need the force to do so.

@ShootingNova said:

I was pointing it out to you.

I know, but still, I don't even know if he can handle that many lightsabers.

The Klingons win IMHO.

What were you pointing out to me, that he doesn't have the force or that the force makes sword fighting easier (which I had already said)? Things that are pointless to mention if he's not going to attempt to have a sword fight?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ShootingNova

@Buckshot said:

What were you pointing out to me, that he doesn't have the force or that the force makes sword fighting easier (which I had already said)? Things that are pointless to mention if he's not going to attempt to have a sword fight?

Again, the Force doesn't make a lightsaber duel easier, it makes it possible. Otherwise, it's not. But this is off-topic, because a lightsaber duel is not going to harm the Klingon Empire.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@ShootingNova said:

@Buckshot said:

Again, the Force doesn't make a lightsaber duel easier, it makes it possible. Otherwise, it's not. But this is off-topic, because a lightsaber duel is not going to harm the Klingon Empire.

You don't need the force to use a lightsaber. The force makes it easier because it's incredibly light and not balanced like a normal sword, and things like laser blocking require a jedi's senses/reflexes. Just holding a lightsaber and trying to hit something with it doesn't require the force though. This has been shown before, Boba Fett even fought Vader with a light saber of his own. BUT, whether or not the force is needed or just helpful, it would be needed/helpful for a sword fight, which, again, Magneto would not be engaging in, so I still don't see what the point is in pointing out to me or anyone else that he doesn't have the force.

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cuddles666

This thread has so much swag.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ShootingNova

@Buckshot said:

You don't need the force to use a lightsaber. The force makes it easier because it's incredibly light and not balanced like a normal sword, and things like laser blocking require a jedi's senses/reflexes. Just holding a lightsaber and trying to hit something with it doesn't require the force though. This has been shown before, Boba Fett even fought Vader with a light saber of his own. BUT, whether or not the force is needed or just helpful, it would be needed/helpful for a sword fight, which, again, Magneto would not be engaging in, so I still don't see what the point is in pointing out to me or anyone else that he doesn't have the force.

This is getting off-topic....

I never said you needed the Force to use a lightsaber, because anybody can just pick it up and use it. However, you cannot wield it to its full potential without Force-sensitivity and training.

Anyone can conceivably pick up a lightsaber and us it, but sabers are extremely difficult to wield. Those used to swinging solid swords often find sing a weightless blade a challenge -- one that can have dangerous consequences. Only through rigorous training and enhanced senses through the Force can a Jedi use a lightsaber to its full potential.

-- Taken from Star Wars: Lightsabers: A Guideto the Weapons of the Force: Section: This Weapon Is Your Life, pg. 9

I know it's irrelevant. I even said that. It was more or less another reference to the others saying that Magneto could substitute something for the Force. He can't.

Honestly, Boba Fett never fought Vader really. I'll just redirect you here (yes, it's posted by Silver, our residential expert in Star Wars):

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/silver2467/boba-fett-vs-darth-vader-what-really-happened/87-82096/

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@ShootingNova said:

@Buckshot said:

This is getting off-topic....

I never said you needed the Force to use a lightsaber, because anybody can just pick it up and use it. However, you cannot wield it to its full potential without Force-sensitivity and training.

Anyone can conceivably pick up a lightsaber and us it, but sabers are extremely difficult to wield. Those used to swinging solid swords often find sing a weightless blade a challenge -- one that can have dangerous consequences. Only through rigorous training and enhanced senses through the Force can a Jedi use a lightsaber to its full potential.

-- Taken from Star Wars: Lightsabers: A Guideto the Weapons of the Force: Section: This Weapon Is Your Life, pg. 9

I know it's irrelevant. I even said that. It was more or less another reference to the others saying that Magneto could substitute something for the Force. He can't.

Honestly, Boba Fett never fought Vader really. I'll just redirect you here (yes, it's posted by Silver, our residential expert in Star Wars):

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/silver2467/boba-fett-vs-darth-vader-what-really-happened/87-82096/

I have been saying that light saber use is possible without the force, but that the force makes it easier to do well. You've been saying that you can't fight with a light saber without the force, even going to the effort in your last post to distinguish your stance from mine saying that a light saber duel isn't even possible without the force. I say you can do it (poorly, but you'd still be doing it) without the force, you were saying it was impossible. I think that's pretty clear. And time after time your point has been that you can't have a sword fight without the force, despite the fact that no one is suggesting that Magneto try to sword fight these ships. And every time you attempt to correct me I wonder why you're trying to say it's impossible for Magneto to do something he wouldn't be trying to do. I know it's pointless, but it was pointless from your first attempt to correct me and now I'd like to know why you felt it was necessary.

As for Boba, I feel you miss the point. The Fett is not the only character to attempt to fight with a light saber without force abilities, he's just one I can clearly recall. Him fighting poorly doesn't actually affect the point I'm making. He was still able to use a light saber. He's obviously not as skilled as Vader, but he was able to at least block with it (and he clearly crosses blades with him beyond the initial block). A non-force user was able to use a light saber, which shouldn't really require an ounce of actual evidence because basic reasoning could tell you that someone could pick one up, turn it on, and swing it around. Poor use is still use.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ShootingNova

@Buckshot: I wasn't trying to correct you. It started from some kind of misinterpretation and my attempt to correct others. Plus, unless you've ignored my posts, I said this was irrelevant. Let's just leave this behind, it's getting too muddled up and I don't even remember why this happened in the first place :D

Because Vader wasn't even properly fighting? Vader could have taken him out instantly, but he didn't. Also, if you're speaking of the other one, Boba had something Vader wanted anyways.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@ShootingNova said:

@Buckshot: I wasn't trying to correct you. It started from some kind of misinterpretation and my attempt to correct others. Plus, unless you've ignored my posts, I said this was irrelevant. Let's just leave this behind, it's getting too muddled up and I don't even remember why this happened in the first place :D

Because Vader wasn't even properly fighting? Vader could have taken him out instantly, but he didn't. Also, if you're speaking of the other one, Boba had something Vader wanted anyways.

smh...

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Magethor

@WillPayton said:

Is the battle to see if the Klingons get through to attack Earth, or if they defeat Magneto?

Can Magneto control and defend himself from all forms of EM radiation, or only magnetism? What's his range to see/sense and affect things?

If he can shield himself from all EM, then I dont see how the Klingons even hurt him. He can dismantle the fleet one by one if he has to. But, probably the fleet will be spread out a lot, and Magneto might not even be able to see all of them, so they'll likely get through to attack Earth.

Magnetism is just one aspect of what the character controls. His psionic ability enables him to control the entire Electro-Magnetic Field. From the full spectrum of radiation to the full spectrum of frequencies.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Buckshot: I'm curious as to what Magneto is going to do with the Sabers?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Laurcus said:

Why wouldn't the Klingons just turn all their guns on the lightsabers? I'm not super familiar with Star Trek ship design, but I'm pretty sure each ship has lots and lots and lots of guns. I know most Federation ships have smaller point defense guns in addition to their main phasers.

That's a possible outcome. Magneto has little-to-no control over the sabers and he'll have no hope of defending on-coming fire that could easily shatter the hilts.