Magneto & Graviton vs Green Lantern (John Stewart)

Avatar image for _philosoraptor_
_Philosoraptor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By _Philosoraptor_

one Green lantern might be able to take Magneto down with a lot of effort, but could one take down these two power manipulators of both metal and gravity?  Battle takes place on the Death star.

No Caption Provided

VS
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
TERMINATOR1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TERMINATOR1000

hmmm

maybe the team possible.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Magethor

Metal?

Er.... Magneto controls the entire electromagnetic spectrum. His powers have far more versatility than any Green Lantern who only uses just the power of a Power Ring.

_Philosoraptor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By _Philosoraptor_
@Magethor:  Every thread with A green Lantern vs Magneto has GL winning out about 7/10 times.
Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dextersinister

@Magethor said:

Metal?

Er.... Magneto controls the entire electromagnetic spectrum. His powers have far more versatility than any Green Lantern who only uses just the power of a Power Ring.

GL rings have so much versatility it's unreal, they even used it to read a dead man's mind once but the fight takes place in a giant metal sphere giving the team a MASSIVE advantage.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Team

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Magethor

@_Philosoraptor_ said:

@Magethor: Every thread with A green Lantern vs Magneto has GL winning out about 7/10 times.

That's because they are winning off votes. Not facts.

Let's see what Magneto can do with his power.

1. Control metals are his most basic thing
  2. Able to manipulate plastics
  3. Able to manipulate ceramics
  4. Able to manipulate air
  5. Can recycle oxygen (via manipulation of electrons)
  6. Can turn oxygen into carbon dioxide (via manipulating electrons of a molecule)
  7. Can manipulate blood
  8. Can manipulate brain waves and thoughts
  9. Can manipulate gamma rays
  10. Can manipulate x-rays
  11. Can manipulate visible light
  12. Can manipulate infrared
  13. Can manipulate micro waves
  14. Can manipulate any kind of wave/particle frequency
  15. Can create a electromagnetic astral form
  16. Can turn invisible
  17. Can turn other objects invisible
  18. Can create wormholes
  19. Can magnetically amp his physical strength to over 100 tons (up to 100,000 tons or more)
  20. Can heal fast as long as he is within any type of magnetosphere including the sun
  21. Can an instant range of global proportions (can affect something physical from half a world away)
  22. Can have a lightyear range with deep concentration (can affect physical objects/energy some light years away before they can reach his position)
  23. Can read minds (by sensing the 0's and 1's of the electric pulses of the brain)
  24. Can sense any kind of energy and it's frequency as fast as a thought and can counter that energy if not distracted from some 3rd party
  25. Can preform TK of any object metal or non-metal
  26. Can create a forcefield that can automatically match frequency with anything that it considers hostile
  27. Can manipulate gravity by using the EM field to affect gravitons
  28. Can generate heat, electricity, or radiation
  29. Can indirectly affect atoms
  30. And so much more.
_Philosoraptor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By _Philosoraptor_
@Magethor: But how will Magneto get past GL'S shield?
JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JediWaffles

@Magethor said:

@_Philosoraptor_ said:

@Magethor: Every thread with A green Lantern vs Magneto has GL winning out about 7/10 times.

6. Can turn oxygen into carbon dioxide (via manipulating electrons of a molecule)
  7. Can manipulate blood
  16. Can turn invisible
  18. Can create wormholes
  19. Can magnetically amp his physical strength to over 100 tons (up to 100,000 tons or more)
  20. Can heal fast as long as he is within any type of magnetosphere including the sun
  21. Can an instant range of global proportions (can affect something physical from half a world away)
  22. Can have a lightyear range with deep concentration (can affect physical objects/energy some light years away before they can reach his position)
  23. Can read minds (by sensing the 0's and 1's of the electric pulses of the brain)
  24. Can sense any kind of energy and it's frequency as fast as a thought and can counter that energy if not distracted from some 3rd party
  26. Can create a forcefield that can automatically match frequency with anything that it considers hostile
  30. And so much more.

Props for listing down all of this. Also, team takes it.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Magethor

@_Philosoraptor_ said:

@Magethor: But how will Magneto get past GL'S shield?

Just like anyone else can. Another way is by just waiting it out. Magneto can keep his forcefield on as long as he is conscious. A Green Lantern's shield is only as strong as its battery life. A Green Lantern can't will a shield on if there is no more battery life of the ring.

Avatar image for deactivated-611e764976bba
deactivated-611e764976bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will be a good fight, I think that Stewart could take Magneto by himself but since Gravitons raw power is probably even more powerful than Magneto, I'd say that the team will be able to take him down, not to mention with all that metal on the death star and Stewart won't get much room to even go on the offensive.  But if he can handle all they throw at him, I'm sure Stewart might be able to hit back and win, but that wouldn't happen often.

Team 7/10 times.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Magethor

@Dailyukulele said:

This will be a good fight, I think that Stewart could take Magneto by himself but since Gravitons raw power is probably even more powerful than Magneto, I'd say that the team will be able to take him down, not to mention with all that metal on the death star and Stewart won't get much room to even go on the offensive. But if he can handle all they throw at him, I'm sure Stewart might be able to hit back and win, but that wouldn't happen often. Team 7/10 times.

Magneto has more raw power than Graviton.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bo88gdan

Team wins 

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jeanroygrant

Graviton solo's. Team stomps.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By czarny_samael666
@jeanroygrant said:

Graviton solo's. Team stomps.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By TDK_1997

A tough fight but the Team wins only because of Magneto.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By czarny_samael666
@TDK_1997 said:

Magneto < Graviton acctually. Graviton will crush John instantly.
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TDK_1997

@czarny_samael666 said:

@TDK_1997 said:

What are Graviton's feats in comic books?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dextersinister

@Magethor said:

@_Philosoraptor_ said:

7. Can manipulate blood
  16. Can turn invisible
  18. Can create wormholes
  30. And so much more.

If we are going by high end feats then GL stomp's.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By czarny_samael666
@TDK_1997 said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@TDK_1997 said:

Creating very small black holes, summoning solar flare from sun to Attilan (he was in NY in the same time), lifting whole island while fighting Thor and holding West Coast Avengers (including Wonder Man and Iron Man) in the same time. His shields can take shot from Mjolnir without being scratched, he can even just stop Mjolnir in the air. 
To this moment, I don't recall a situation in which Graviton would be defeated in "normal" way. He was once BFR'd, once he was so angry that his powers changed him into low level black hole, so this island on which he was flying covered his whole body. Avengers thought it killed him, but later he fully abosrbed it into his own body (since this moment he was able to create small black holes, but remember, that BH weren't as powerfull as normal once, since Black Bolt turned off them).

My point is simple - if he can put down Iron Man, Wonder Man and hold Thor with just part of his power, what chance of surviving it has Green Lantern?
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TDK_1997

@czarny_samael666 said:

@TDK_1997 said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@TDK_1997 said:

Creating very small black holes, summoning solar flare from sun to Attilan (he was in NY in the same time), lifting whole island while fighting Thor and holding West Coast Avengers (including Wonder Man and Iron Man) in the same time. His shields can take shot from Mjolnir without being scratched, he can even just stop Mjolnir in the air. To this moment, I don't recall a situation in which Graviton would be defeated in "normal" way. He was once BFR'd, once he was so angry that his powers changed him into low level black hole, so this island on which he was flying covered his whole body. Avengers thought it killed him, but later he fully abosrbed it into his own body (since this moment he was able to create small black holes, but remember, that BH weren't as powerfull as normal once, since Black Bolt turned off them). My point is simple - if he can put down Iron Man, Wonder Man and hold Thor with just part of his power, what chance of surviving it has Green Lantern?

Point taken.I didn't know anything about Graviton.I have only seen him in Avengers EMH.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By czarny_samael666
@TDK_1997 said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@TDK_1997 said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@TDK_1997 said:

Creating very small black holes, summoning solar flare from sun to Attilan (he was in NY in the same time), lifting whole island while fighting Thor and holding West Coast Avengers (including Wonder Man and Iron Man) in the same time. His shields can take shot from Mjolnir without being scratched, he can even just stop Mjolnir in the air. To this moment, I don't recall a situation in which Graviton would be defeated in "normal" way. He was once BFR'd, once he was so angry that his powers changed him into low level black hole, so this island on which he was flying covered his whole body. Avengers thought it killed him, but later he fully abosrbed it into his own body (since this moment he was able to create small black holes, but remember, that BH weren't as powerfull as normal once, since Black Bolt turned off them). My point is simple - if he can put down Iron Man, Wonder Man and hold Thor with just part of his power, what chance of surviving it has Green Lantern?

Point taken.I didn't know anything about Graviton.I have only seen him in Avengers EMH.

And I've didn't see it :lol: :-P

P.S. Try to google Graviton vs. Avenger or Black Bolt. You should see most of things that I've mentioned here.
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TDK_1997

@czarny_samael666 said:

@TDK_1997 said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@TDK_1997 said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@TDK_1997 said:

And I've didn't see it :lol: :-P P.S. Try to google Graviton vs. Avenger or Black Bolt. You should see most of things that I've mentioned here.

Graviton was in the 1st or 2nd episode of the show.

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By capall2

power of em > power of gravity....anyways the team should win here...

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By Killemall

@TDK_1997: Although all the showing listed by Samule's are genuine, he also has a lot in terms of horrible showings. Its not good showing all the time. Even worst is that his showing past 2000 are not very impressive, but we take most of then best showing which makes Graviton rather powerful. Also in terms of him being knocked out rather easily, Spiderman managed to knock him out in Amazing Spiderman 329 but he had cosmic powers at that time (although Graviton almost killed Spiderman without the cosmic upgrade few issues earlier and left thinking spiderman crushed and killed by a building). He was later defeated by Machine Man who thanks to PIS stated that he could fly overcoming his gravitational powers something avengers failed to do in their earlier encounter in Thunderbolt 29. Vison was able to overload his powers on Avengers Unplugged Vol 2, something i believe Hal might be able to do.

Those where is defeat in his glorious days. After that he has been kind of shaky. He has appeared after 2005 on 6/7 occasions and hasnt managed to defeat anyone significant after that. He was somehow captured and imprisioned in the Raft just before the sentry story arc although how he was captured was not really shown (or if it was i havent read it), he was almost killed by Iron Man himself with 1 uni beam in Iron Man Vol4 Issue 8, it was stated that had it not been for Captain America's interference the graviton would have died. Although the word knocked out wasnt specifically used he was lying on the ground and wasnt shown again (so i assume he was at the very least KOed).

Note that i am not trying to lowball Graviton or anything, seeing how you said you havent read about Graviton i though you should be aware of his low ends feats along with high end ones which would help you debate on the characters in the future. Hope it helps =)

ThatThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ThatThorFan

Graviton could solo. Wish they would give Graviton more credit and put him in some more comics. He is a great villain.

Team.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Magethor

@czarny_samael666 said:

@TDK_1997 said:

Magneto > Graviton

Gravity is a WEAK force...

Electromagnetism is made out of everything in reality

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Magethor

@TDK_1997 said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@TDK_1997 said:

• Lifting up Manhattan. Magneto can do that too.
  • Can create blackholes. Magneto has the option of doing this as well... He can create wormholes with ease, so generating a blackhole is something he is capable of too.

@Dextersinister said:

@Magethor said:

@_Philosoraptor_ said:

7. Can manipulate blood
  16. Can turn invisible
  18. Can create wormholes
  30. And so much more.

If we are going by high end feats then GL stomp's.

We're not using Parallax or Ion.

Coltron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Coltron

Magneto controls THE LIGHT SPECTRUM, he could encase GL in a sphere of YELLOW

(or any color depending which lantern) energy. then, once weakend, shove liquid adamantium down his throat.. Graviton doesn't need to be in this fight

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Team should win

Slash03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Slash03

Team, being Graviton the MVP

Hp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John should take this. IIRC his sheilds are strong enough to survive black holes and supernovas. He also held a planet together I think.