Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By drkhwk2001

Fight takes place in Honolulu Hawaii.
No bfr.
KO or death only.
Namor starts off fully hydrated.
There is a inpenetrable bubble that extends a half mile from the shore and 100 feet above the tallest bulding.
 Morals are on.
 Which team wins?

Jack Hawksmoor                                            Geoforce                       VS                 Magneto                                Namor

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avengers #58_
Avengers #58_
DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DeathsHead2

Magneto & Namor ftw here.  They are a VERY hard team (of two) to crack, when working together effectively!  They have done so before, atleast twice. 

; ) 

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By whacknasty

I have to say Hawksmoor and Geoforce. 

Namor just has his strength (which I think if the city is large enough, Jack should be able to match if needed) and a little electricity production and resistance (he still has that, right? lol).  I know Namor is tough and all, but without a constant shield from Mag's I can see Jack pummeling him, swallowing him up in massive layers of street/miles of cable and steel, and Geoforce having not only his earth/gravity powers, can also use lava/heat...and they are fighting on top of volcanic islands...lol. 

Mag's would be the biggest challenge I think...I can't think of anything really, but that is probably due more to my lack of knowledge of Hawks/geoforce...

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Hm yeah, Namor kinda seems like the weak link here. I'm going with Jack and Geo

DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DeathsHead2
@whacknasty: 

Namor (at his peak, which he is here) is FAR more powerful than Hawksmoor.  Namor maybe even one-shots Jack here. 

Magneto > Geoforce.  Period. 

; ) 

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By whacknasty
@DeathsHead2: Lol. Well a peak Namor certainly would be top notch, I cant argue against that... 

How large is the city of  Honolulu?  That would probably give us a much better estimate of where Jack's levels would be if he did indeed end up match against Namor...
DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeathsHead2
@whacknasty: 

Not sure it matters.  Namor has access to water/Sea, and has feats in the multple hundreds of tons when in/around the Sea. 

So...  Jack goes down here, hard. 

Again, Magneto > Geoforce. 

Lastly, Geoforce is gonna have to dig deep to hurt Namor also.  He has extreme heat/cold/pressure resistances. 

Namor & Magneto FTW here, atleast 8/10! 

; ) 

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By karrob
@DeathsHead2 said:
" @whacknasty:   Not sure it matters.  Namor has access to water/Sea, and has feats in the multple hundreds of tons when in/around the Sea.  So...  Jack goes down here, hard.  Again, Magneto > Geoforce.  Lastly, Geoforce is gonna have to dig deep to hurt Namor also.  He has extreme heat/cold/pressure resistances.  Namor & Magneto FTW here, atleast 8/10!  ; )   "
Agreed
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By whacknasty
@DeathsHead2: @karrob:  

I pulled this little part of a reply Buckshot gave in an Iron Man vs Namor vs Hawksmoor thread.  

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/iron-man-vs-jack-hawksmoor-vs-namor/18015/?page=2  

"Namor wouldn't be bothered by the idea of destroying a human city, but he wouldn't really be able to. He'd have to get up close to do damage and not only would it take much longer because of his lack of range (he's basically just fists) but any time he made contact with the city he'd be vulnerable. A building could pull him in, he could be hit with all the electricity flowing through city maginified a thousand times or more, he could be beaten to death by a skyscraper, etc. I really don't see Namor as much of a threat to Jack so either Jack takes him down" 

A good read, and since I don't know too terribly much about  Jack in general, it helps me out a bit with both guy's chances : ) 

Still stuck as far as Magneto though...lol.
DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DeathsHead2
@whacknasty: 

But... 

Namor is highly resistant to electricity (even has emmitted it, on occation), and with 100+ ton strength, flight, and uber punches/kicks, the "City" isn't much of an obstical.  Jack is good, Namor is better.  Namor pretty much "wrote the book" on super human fighting and tactics.  (Oldest Hero on Earth, "comic wise") 

Lastly, morals are ON, but Death is allowed...  If Namor gets too pissed, he's doing some "head ripping here"! 

; ) 

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#11  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Even if Magneto couldn't control half of what Jack could, he'd still take Hawksmoor down easily thanks to the extra metal in his body, then this quickly turns into a 2 on 1.  

@DeathsHead2:
On the Jack/Namor thing though, I can't agree with the idea that the city wouldn't be an obstacle. Namor may be able to lift hundreds of tons, but a city easily weighs millions of tons. (I once got the estimate for the weight of New York and it was like 60 billion tons. Hawaii may not be as heavy, but it would still be out of Namor's weight class.) If Jack wore the city as a suit, he'd be hitting Namor with more than he could deal with, and with his ability to control weather patterns and gravity in a city, he could easily make it so Namor, though fast, would get hit by his punches. And Namor might be resistant to electricity (though I've never heard that before), but having straight up lightning strike him or the majority of a city's power supply coursing through him wouldn't be something he'd just shake off. Also, he's never fought someone like Hawksmoor, so claims of him "writing the book" on superhuman fighting (which aren't supported at all as far as I know) wouldn't apply here.

drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By drkhwk2001

Bump,

DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DeathsHead2
@Buckshot: 

Namor's been fighting since before more than half of all the comic Universe's (Marvel, DC, ect.) heroes/villians were ever even concieved!  He has fought teams, giants, Cosmics, armies, cross-dimenionals, ect.  He has the tools and more importantly EXPERIENCE to take someone like Hawksmoor.  If Namor can't do it, then who can, short of THOR level heroes/villians? 

Namor takes either Hawksmoor or Geoforce down, then he and Magneto double team the last one. 

Again, Magneto & Namor FTW, 8/10! 

; ) 

Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mumbles

you think namor gets his eyebrows waxed?

DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DeathsHead2
@Mumbles: 

??? 

Lol! 

Probably.  He is Royalty after all! 

; ) 

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@DeathsHead2 said:
" @Buckshot:   Namor's been fighting since before more than half of all the comic Universe's (Marvel, DC, ect.) heroes/villians were ever even concieved!  He has fought teams, giants, Cosmics, armies, cross-dimenionals, ect.  He has the tools and more importantly EXPERIENCE to take someone like Hawksmoor.  If Namor can't do it, then who can, short of THOR level heroes/villians?  Namor takes either Hawksmoor or Geoforce down, then he and Magneto double team the last one.  Again, Magneto & Namor FTW, 8/10!  ; )   "
So Namor beats Jack solely on experience even though he's never fought a living city before? Fighting a lot of different enemies that are nothing at all like Jack doesn't make Namor perfectly suited to win this fight. Besides, it's not like Namor really demonstrates all the "experience" he's racked up. His brilliant fighting strategy is yelling "imperious rex!" and leading with a haymaker in the vast majority of his fights (and in the rest he just skips straight to the haymaker or maybe gets out a quick "death to surface worlders!"). Captain America, he is not. I'd like you to give me some detail on what his experience is going to be doing for him. Also, I see that you kind of completely skipped over the huge gap in how much Namor can lift and how much Jack Hawksmoor can lift/will weigh as the city.
capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By capall2
@Buckshot:
how do you think Jack and Geo could actually deal with Mag's here?
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@capall2 said:
" @Buckshot: how do you think Jack and Geo could actually deal with Mag's here? "
I don't. I said in my other post that Hawksmoor would get taken pretty easily and though I don't know much of Geoforce, I think Magneto would take that as well given what I know of him and the little I do know of Geoforce. My issue was with the idea that Namor would take Jack down "hard" especially if he's doing it solely because of his "experience" advantage.
capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By capall2
@Buckshot:
ahh, I see...
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Matezoide2
@Buckshot: 
although i do agree Jack would beat Namor under this scenario,Namor is prety much immune to eletricity,since he is able to freely channel it through his body
mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By mrtrickster

anybody knowledgeable on geoforce? can he take magneto?

drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By drkhwk2001
@mrtrickster said:
" anybody knowledgeable on geoforce? can he take magneto? "
Geoforce
mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By mrtrickster
@drkhwk2001 said:
" @mrtrickster said:
Geoforce "
I've seen this before I post. not enough info to determine the outcome of him battling magneto
I did read couple issues of outsiders years ago, including him battling black lightning. but still not enough info for me to determine the winner in this fight.
drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By drkhwk2001
@mrtrickster said:
" @drkhwk2001 said:
" @mrtrickster said:
Geoforce "
I've seen this before I post. not enough info to determine the outcome of him battling magneto I did read couple issues of outsiders years ago, including him battling black lightning. but still not enough info for me to determine the winner in this fight. "
Ah, I see. But since its my thread I wont comment on how I think the fight will come out but I hope someone else answers your question for you. I also would like to see how others think it will turn out.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Matezoide said:
" @Buckshot:  although i do agree Jack would beat Namor under this scenario,Namor is prety much immune to eletricity,since he is able to freely channel it through his body "
As far as I know (not that I'm a Namor expert by any means) Namor has done that once or just a couple of times in his long history. Even then though, him generating electricity (which is what I've seen) wouldn't necessarily make him immune to all electrical attacks. Could I get some sort of examples of his immunity to all electricity?
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Matezoide2
@Buckshot said:
" @Matezoide said:
" @Buckshot:  although i do agree Jack would beat Namor under this scenario,Namor is prety much immune to eletricity,since he is able to freely channel it through his body "
As far as I know (not that I'm a Namor expert by any means) Namor has done that once or just a couple of times in his long history. Even then though, him generating electricity (which is what I've seen) wouldn't necessarily make him immune to all electrical attacks. Could I get some sort of examples of his immunity to all electricity? "
sadly,i am no Namor expect as well,i do not have any scans,though i do recall Namor absorbing millions of volts and channeling it to attack The Hulk
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Matezoide: Ok, so he's done it,or something similar, three times as far as I could find. He generated electricity twice (the one I was remembering was the second one) and he absorbed and discharged radioactive energy another time. It seems kind of plot derived to me, but whatever. I can't say it's completely impossible, but he hasn't done it for decades and it doesn't actually show he can't be hurt by energy attacks, just that he has the potential to generate electricity and can at times redirect other kinds of energy. I wouldn't say he can do it all the time since he's been hurt by kinetic energy before and there are countless times when he hasn't absorbed energy attacks in the same way, so even if he can do it all the time, it's clearly not an automatic ability.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
I don't think an electrical attack is necessary for Jack to win (Namor could end up fighting a billion ton enemy with precog, gravity and weather control that can make itself intangible and see in every direction at once), but I am interested in this ability of Namor's. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Silver2467
@mrtrickster said:
Strafe Prower is. He is the man when it comes to the Outsiders. You can PM him about this. 
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By entropy_aegis

Geo force would wreck namor,dont think he can beat magneto though.