User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Phylos
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Magik vs. Ghost Rider (Johnny)

-Win by Death, KO or Incapacitation.

-Morals off.

Battle

-Ghost Rider isn't allowed to use his Penance Stare.

-Both characters have no info on one another.

-Battle field removal is allowed but doesnt issue a win.

-No preparation.

Gear

-Ghost Rider has his Hellfire Shotgun & chains.

-Magik has her soulsword & eldritch armor.

-Random encounter.

-No bystanders.

-Both start 90 feet apart.

No Caption Provided
chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By chiq

good fight...can Magik take him to Limbo? or is any other place outside earth a loss?

Always wondered what the soul sword would do to him since he is a demon, and she kills demons all the time but at the same time only holy weapons are supposed to hurt him right? Not sure if the sword is a holy weapon. does magic= holy? does a sword forged out of a pure soul=holy? The sword can kill hell lords but i hear the a weapon needs to forged in heaven to hurt him...not sure how accurate that is.

Not even sure the penance stare would work since illyana technically does not have a soul. (or at least is missing a big part of it.) she also has great psy shields. Both are capable of absorbing souls too right?

i am also curious how hell fire works against her armor w/c i think is made of promethium ( which is a very powerful mystical metal) and if limbo hell fire is similar to GR's hell fire. Her sword should be able to cut through his chains though since they are mystical in nature...

Teleportation won't work on GR right? (i am assuming he can dimension hop also) what happens if he gets teleported into a black hole? so many questions...

I'd give it to magik in Limbo just cause her power is almost absolute in that place. She is more on Zarathos level in that realm.Since both Magik and Zarathos have attacked mephisto in his realm. not sure about this match up on earth.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Phylos

@chiq said:

good fight...can Magik take him to Limbo? or is any other place outside earth a loss?

Always wondered what the soul sword would do to him since he is a demon, and she kills demons all the time but at the same time only holy weapons are supposed to hurt him right? Not sure if the sword is a holy weapon. does magic= holy? does a sword forged out of a pure soul=holy? The sword can kill hell lords but i hear the a weapon needs to forged in heaven to hurt him...not sure how accurate that is.

Not even sure the penance stare would work since illyana technically does not have a soul. (or at least is missing a big part of it.) she also has great psy shields. Both are capable of absorbing souls too right?

i am also curious how hell fire works against her armor w/c i think is made of promethium ( which is a very powerful mystical metal) and if limbo hell fire is similar to GR's hell fire. Her sword should be able to cut through his chains though since they are mystical in nature...

Teleportation won't work on GR right? (i am assuming he can dimension hop also) what happens if he gets teleported into a black hole? so many questions...

I'd give it to magik in Limbo just cause her power is almost absolute in that place. She is more on Zarathos level in that realm.Since both Magik and Zarathos have attacked mephisto in his realm. not sure about this match up on earth.

yes, magik can take him to limbo if she has to.

as far as your questions go, im not sure. especially the one about magiks soulsword.

Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Superskrull86

Magik.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Edgeworth_11

@chiq said:

Magic doesn't equal holy. There are black magic. I am not sure about this fight to be honest. Good fight I should think.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By MrDirector786

I know nothing about Magik so I want to know, does Magik have any holy or unholy means of attacks? If not, then she is incapable of causing any real harm to Ghost Rider. Of course, I don't know much about Ghost Rider either but one of the few things I know is that only holy or unholy attacks are capable of causing him real harm.

Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Boobster

@MrDirector786: So guys like Galactus can't hurt GR ? LOL.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrDirector786

@Boobster said:

Again, I don't know much about Ghost Rider either. I have just heard from others that apparently only holy or unholy attacks will cause him real harm. I don't know what exactly counts as holy or unholy in this case, though. One guy told me that because of that, people like Strange and Surfer can harm him.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Killemall

@Boobstersaid:

There was a galactus vs ghost rider thread, i saw you posting too :) '

GR has absolutely no way of winning against Galactus but galactus can either BFR him, or technically since Galactus is more powerful than his power source Zadkiel he could simply wipe him out of existence.

But Magik cant do any of those though.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

The nature of the soulsword should allow her to kill any supernatural foe (demons, ghost, and even humans that use magic) with just a stab, or negate/dispel all of their powers with a swipe.  Her armor has even protected her from her own soulsword and could morph to give her additional protection, it also lets her take direct hits from demons in the 70 class range, they don't seem to use it anymore or the fact that in the armor (and other various stages of Darkchilde mode) she has super strength which allows her to go toe to toe with demons with 70 class strength and casually lift and toss people with one hand and apparently enough durability to fall from great heights and land on her feet unarmed..

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LordOfAllHumans said:

The nature of the soulsword should allow her to kill any supernatural foe (demons, ghost, and even humans that use magic) with just a stab, or negate/dispel all of their powers with a swipe. Her armor has even protected her from her own soulsword and could morph to give her additional protection, it also lets her take direct hits from demons in the 70 class range, they don't seem to use it anymore or the fact that in the armor (and other various stages of Darkchilde mode) she has super strength which allows her to go toe to toe with demons with 70 class strength and casually lift and toss people with one hand and apparently enough durability to fall from great heights and land on her feet unarmed..

I'll go with Magik for this one; great summary. Plus she could probably find some magic spell to handle Ghost Rider if necessary - she was able to imprison the Enchantress during the Asgardian Special Issue of the New Mutants/X-Men - she should be able to neutralize him that way if necessary.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrDirector786

@LordOfAllHumans said:

The nature of the soulsword should allow her to kill any supernatural foe (demons, ghost, and even humans that use magic) with just a stab, or negate/dispel all of their powers with a swipe. Her armor has even protected her from her own soulsword and could morph to give her additional protection, it also lets her take direct hits from demons in the 70 class range, they don't seem to use it anymore or the fact that in the armor (and other various stages of Darkchilde mode) she has super strength which allows her to go toe to toe with demons with 70 class strength and casually lift and toss people with one hand and apparently enough durability to fall from great heights and land on her feet unarmed..

Based off of this, I'm leaning towards Magik since it seems she has what it takes to cause actual harm to Ghost Rider.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By chiq

@Edgeworth_11 said:

@chiq said:

Magic doesn't equal holy. There are black magic. I am not sure about this fight to be honest. Good fight I should think.

Well she does have both white and black magic. don't know if white magic= holy either though. I agree good fight on earth. In Limbo i am going with Magik. Unless Ghost Rider gives full control to Zarathos the demon..then it should be good fight too. but i still go with magik in Limbo.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By chiq

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

I'll go with Magik for this one; great summary. Plus she could probably find some magic spell to handle Ghost Rider if necessary - she was able to imprison the Enchantress during the Asgardian Special Issue of the New Mutants/X-Men - she should be able to neutralize him that way if necessary.

Did she Beat the enchantress in Limbo or out of Limbo?

@LordOfAllHumans said:

Yup. I was just curious about the Holy aspect of harming GR. If the sword can hurt him and if he has been harmed by other not holy objects and magical attacks and blasts, then i'm going with Magik as well even on earth.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kgb725

Ghost Rider

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik should win easily enough, take him to Limbo and end it or just drop him on Jupiter.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ghostrider2

Magik should win easily enough, take him to Limbo and end it or just drop him on Jupiter.

That would not stop GR.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghost Rider.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@ghostrider2 said:
@dextersinister said:

That would not stop GR.

Your right. That would not work. Last argument I had though with Magik vs GR though I was shown how she can beat any Hell Lord or even Dormamu with her anti magic sword which would end GR sadly. She is like made to beat people like him. Kinda lame. Take that sword away from her though, GR stomps.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Boobstersaid:

There was a galactus vs ghost rider thread, i saw you posting too :) '

GR has absolutely no way of winning against Galactus but galactus can either BFR him, or technically since Galactus is more powerful than his power source Zadkiel he could simply wipe him out of existence.

But Magik cant do any of those though.

Old post by my man Killemall, but wanted to point out to others, Zadkiel was not the power source at all. He was the overseer. God was the power source, and God it seems is skyfather level in Marvel Hierarchy so..... yeah.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roar1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont really know alot about magik, im a GR fan but I wont side here. In the wiki I saw the soulsword can HARM Supernatural being but it wont kill them. GR would be harmed by any magical attacks and the sword is magical.... But its not holly.... It wont hurt him. And GR would probably be KO but he cant be killed he would just heal back, and I dont think GR could do anything to magik as long as she wears her armor and without the penance stare

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Magik is outside limbo it would be a good fight, however if Zarathos comes out to play Johnny would slaughter

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends - this is a good fight because it's one of those that can go either way - To me, location is everything:

1. If they are in Limbo or Magik brings them to Limbo, Magik should win.
  2. If they fight in the real world, and:
    1. (a) Magik sends him to Limbo, but has to do more for the win since BFR doesn't equal victory, she should win per Point 1 by simply following him to Limbo where she gets a massive boost and stomp him
    2. (b) GR gets shots off at her before she can teleport, he may be able to injure her before she can teleport, and close the gap, at which point it's 50/50 as to who would win
    3. (c) GR separates Magik from the soulsword (even temporarily) he should win, even though she can still teleport - he should be able to get the win relying on his equipment
      1. P.S. I don't think Zarathos would be of assistance here, at least in terms of attaining a stomp - Magik is pretty much the anti-magic/anti-demon character, and it would come down to location again
@roar1201 said:

I dont really know alot about magik, im a GR fan but I wont side here. In the wiki I saw the soulsword can HARM Supernatural being but it wont kill them. GR would be harmed by any magical attacks and the sword is magical.... But its not holly.... It wont hurt him. And GR would probably be KO but he cant be killed he would just heal back, and I dont think GR could do anything to magik as long as she wears her armor and without the penance stare

The wiki you are referencing is wrong - it has the bolded information backwards: the soulsword can disrupt spells and destroy supernatural beings, but it has very limited ability to harm regular beings, though it does have some force to stun and retains the physical properties of a sword.

Also, I don't think the sword needs to be holy - just mystical. Spells and magical connections have been used to harm GR before. I think Azaziah is the best example of GR being harmed by magic.

**Admittedly, though, I have shaky knowledge of Ghost Rider - I've read "Ghost Rider 2099", and a few of his arcs, but most of my knowledge comes from the OHotMU and his guest appearances.**

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: when did she fight dormamu r u confusing her with umar

ivan_jimenez86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MISMATCH!

Magic soul sword is a deadly deal breaker for all magical creatures and users! She's unstoppable when it comes to killing off magical entities. And she's protected by a very powerful defensive, telepathic immunity, magical immunity shield.