Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chiq

Archenemy Vs Atum

Dormammu vs Gorr

Magus ( Ruler of Techarchy) Vs Bor

Sy'm vs Kurse

Everyone fighting to their best. To the death (if they can't die then K.O.)

Round 1: one on one

Round 2: Team Magik vs Team Thor :If round 2 just boils down to Atum vs Archenemy then just ignore round 2. lol

Rank each from strongest to weakest. 1 to 8

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Oh wow.

Thats some pretty heavy powerhouses there.

Round 1:

1. Archenemy vs Atum: Archenemy could take current Atum rather handily, although neither of the are really Thor's or Magik enemy per say. Atum even more so isnt even evil.
  2. Dormammu vs Gorr is pretty damn awesome, but based on current feats Gorr, Dormammu off late has been very underwhelming. One got humilated by Magik after she absorbed Limbo the other punked 3 Thor, including a skyfather version.
  3. Magus vs Bor : meh undecided. Bor has brute strength , Magus was versatility. Also i have not read a lot on Magus.
  4. Sy'm vs Kurse: Versatility against brute strength, is always versatility.

Round 2:

Unless we get to use classic Atum, its then can go either way, Archenemy could honestly solo. Way too much power there.

If we use classic Atum, its pretty much Archenemy and Dormammu vs Atum and Gorr, the later two dont really match up to the former.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magus of the Technarchy can summon fleets of spaceships from his skin and rip apart stars 1000 times the size of ours. As soon as he makes contact with his opponent he will drain their energy.

Also he can fly in hyperspace making him way FTL

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed with Killemall

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: Summon fleets of Spaceships from his skin? Rip apart stars 1000x's our? Just who is this guy?!

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath:

He's the father of the Technarchy and roughly 2.5 million miles tall in size yet able to move at FTL speeds. He's responsible for Cable's TO virus.

One of my all time fave chars.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magus of the Technarchy can summon fleets of spaceships from his skin and rip apart stars 1000 times the size of ours. As soon as he makes contact with his opponent he will drain their energy.

Hmm.. would Magus vs Sutur be a better matchup?

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn right.

@chiq said:

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

Hmm.. would Magus vs Sutur be a better matchup?

In the words of Magus upon combating Thor:

"They sent a God? Is that the best they could do?"

Magus punked the HELL out of Thor at full power. The writers got changed mid-arc and the new ones were like 'who in the F*CK decided to create a villain this powerful?!', threw in some PIS, and resolved never to talk about it.

Realistically he's on par with 50% Galactus.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oh wow.

Thats some pretty heavy powerhouses there.

Round 1:

1. Archenemy vs Atum: Archenemy could take current Atum rather handily, although neither of the are really Thor's or Magik enemy per say. Atum even more so isnt even evil.
  2. Dormammu vs Gorr is pretty damn awesome, but based on current feats Gorr, Dormammu off late has been very underwhelming. One got humilated by Magik after she absorbed Limbo the other punked 3 Thor, including a skyfather version.
  3. Magus vs Bor : meh undecided. Bor has brute strength , Magus was versatility. Also i have not read a lot on Magus.
  4. Sy'm vs Kurse: Versatility against brute strength, is always versatility.

Round 2:

Unless we get to use classic Atum, its then can go either way, Archenemy could honestly solo. Way too much power there.

If we use classic Atum, its pretty much Archenemy and Dormammu vs Atum and Gorr, the later two dont really match up to the former.

Agreed/

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naturally magic would punk Thor

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#23 owie  Moderator

I don't know a whole lot about either Archenemy or Atum, but my impression is that if, as the wiki says, Archenemy can destroy whole splinter realms and easily beat Dormammu and Mephisto, he may be more powerful than Atum, who could beat Set, but it sounds like with more difficulty. That depends a lot on the adjectives used, however, so I could be wrong. I know the demiurge is a pretty powerful force; if he turns into that it may be a different ballgame. But I like that they are both absorbers.

Dormammu vs Gorr--I never read the Gorr comics, but based on how his necrosword recently allowed Ego to destroy Galactus in a future (after long refining the power), Gorr must have a lot of potential. And beating 3 powerful versions of Thor is impressive. Dormammu can vary a lot. But Dormammu's power ought to be more of a magical, spell-like nature than Gorr and a lot of Gorr's enemies. I could see Dormammu winning through unusual spell effects in some way.

Magus ought to be able to beat Bor through the techno organic virus.

S'ym ought to be able to beat Kurse through the techno organic virus.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c522ab96172e
deactivated-5c522ab96172e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr beating Dormammu is a silly idea, really. Still, I guess it's possible to overlook that instance since a lot of new info/comics were released between the time-span when this thread was made and today(Albeit using Magik beating Dormammu as a benchmark is stupid no matter the time regardless, I feel like I'm one of the few people who actually took their time to carefully read the dialogue during that storyline).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie: Dormammu vs Gorr--I never read the Gorr comics, but based on how his necrosword recently allowed Ego to destroy Galactus in a future (after long refining the power), Gorr must have a lot of potential. And beating 3 powerful versions of Thor is impressive. Dormammu can vary a lot. But Dormammu's power ought to be more of a magical, spell-like nature than Gorr and a lot of Gorr's enemies. I could see Dormammu winning through unusual spell effects in some way.

He really doesn't. This information was usually spread by the same people who have the audacity of picking outdated info from a handbook launched in 1986/1989 and trying to apply to the modern version while ignoring more than thirty years of events and new sources since then. I've read every single piece of information published about the character as far as I know(Handbooks, guidebooks, info-books, canon comics, non-canon comics, the fricking official trading cards launched by Marvel in the 80s/90s and so on) and made a compilation of these so well-known "low-showings" in a blog/RT here. You can see it for yourself how the character(Dormammu) does indeed operate in a fairly standard level, it's usually specific instances that are misinterpreted.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 owie  Moderator

@andromeda101: Haha, well I am a fan of the 86 OHOTMU, one of the best in my opinion. But certainly out of date and not where I get my opinions on Dormammu. Your respect thread looks great, I'm going to go check it out and get back to you in a couple days hopefully. I always appreciate a character completist, I'm one myself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie: I do like the old OHOTMU as well, especially how it perfectly used to describe every part of Doom and Stark's armor with absolute detail, but it has still become an outdated source anyway. Regardless, please do check and tell me what you think. I welcome any comments and constructive criticism.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Supermanthor
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 owie  Moderator
Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for demightysquidge
DeMightySquidge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DeMightySquidge

@chiq said:

Archenemy Vs Atum

Dormammu vs Gorr

Magus ( Ruler of Techarchy) Vs Bor

Sy'm vs Kurse

Everyone fighting to their best. To the death (if they can't die then K.O.)

Round 1: one on one

Round 2: Team Magik vs Team Thor :If round 2 just boils down to Atum vs Archenemy then just ignore round 2. lol

Rank each from strongest to weakest. 1 to 8

Archenemy

Dormammu

Magus

Kurse

Team Magik, in a stomp. Just too much raw power and versatility combined. I mean Archenemy, Dormammu and Magus are kind of like a world/dimension wrecking dream team.

No idea how to rank them. Too much diversity in powersets there. How do you rank Archenemy or Dormammu against Magus?

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By chiq

@demightysquidge: I would definitely put Archenemy above them. He basically put took on all the splinter realms and their Hell Lords/Rulers by himself. Stomped on Surtur, nightmare, etc...

I am not too knowledgable on all of Magus feats, but from what i know I would put Dormmamu above him.

Magik's latest dimension eating villain should be up there as well ( The World Eater)...He took out thousands of worlds, dimensions, and probably millions of heroes and gods that inhabited them. He also destroyed all of mutant and mankind as well. So that would mean he took out omega level mutants and poewrful earth based heroes as well.

Would you happen to know where this scan comes from? Which planet did Magus destroy?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for demightysquidge
DeMightySquidge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq: It's from Warlock Vol 5 (I think? Anyway, the one that started in 1999), Chapter #7.

I think it's set in the "Marvel 2099" alternate/future reality.
The Phalanx take over the Earth, build a big tower and send out a call into the universe. Biiiiiig mistake, because Magus answers.

No Caption Provided

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like a stomp for Magik in R2

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ivan_jimenez86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik's rogues win with little troubles!

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magik>Thor. so it's only fitting her enermies should above Thor's.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

archenemy solos anyways

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magik

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Magik. Gorr can't even harm Dormammu, tbh.