Magic Create-A-Character Gauntlet!

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By greenteaforme

Since my last magical tournament was mysteriously deleted and went bust, I'll be making this gauntlet, instead! ><

Following your origin, you somehow find an artifact, or are given access to a blessing(s) of your choice. The lore and plot device aspect is up to you ;P

You have 100 points to pick the blessings and equipment that you want. You may pick one origin for free.

Post your character for me to look over!

I'll post up the rounds a few days from now.

Origins

Blessed Dirt - You were molded from the magical clay of Paradise Island - you are practically wonderful in every way!

Grants slightly enhanced stats, martial arts training and resistance to magic. (2 ton strength, 15mph speed, heightened agility) You are also equipped with the Amazons' Bracelets of Submission, durable enough to block gunfire. You are also given a 25 point discount on the Bracelets of Victory, bringing their cost down to 25 points.

This time for sure! - You are a magically-empowered super villain of some kind! After being defeated at the hands of your nemesis for the umpteenth time, you somehow gain new abilities. You have the ability to cast rudimentary spells (bolts, weak barriers) and you are able to pick one 25 point "equipment" or "blessing" for free.

Gone! Gone! the form of man - You are cursed into a demonic form of some kind. You have knowledge of the arcane, the ability to throw balls of flame and breathe fire. You are also highly resistant to magic, and a little more durable. You also smell kinda bad. (No strength, speed or other benefits.)

The Name's Billy Batson! - You are a little boy able to magically transform into a super hero! Grants the ability to renew yourself ONCE with magical lightning. The lightning cannot be used offensively. You may also choose one extra blessing at HALF efficiency.

Child of Greatness - You are the offspring of a god. Being half-god, you have a base strength of 3 tons and are slightly more durable, able to shrug off standard human-level punches and blows. You gain access to a free blessing at 25% efficiency, or an extra 25% efficiency on one blessing. This will give an extra use on any limited use powers, as well.

Joe Schmoe - You are just a normal dude. You were, through some plot device, given powers, or found a magical artifact that grants you powers. (Grants an extra 50 points to spend, but no other benefits.)

Equipment

Lasso of Truth - 50 points

Bracelets of Victory - 50 points

Includes Zeus lightning able to be used offensively, and a magical barrier when crossed in front of yourself.

Gauntlets of Atlas - 25 points

x10 physical strength level. (Hardcapped at 150 tons)

Starheart (low% access) - 75 points

Grants ability to make low-level constructs (not very durable); energy blasts of fire, ice and magic; barriers able to withstand forces up to gunfire; flight.

Trident of Neptune - 50 points

Amulet of Anubis - 25 points

Able to see and sense auras (gives information about the health, karma, abilities, "true form" and power level of a target), able to see through illusions.

Philosopher's Stone - 50 points

Transmutation.

Lasso of Lightning - 50 points

Enchanted Bracers of Zeus - 75 points

Wonder Girl Cassie's enchanted bracers, giving all her physical stats and abilities. (For the sake of this gauntlet, speed capped at SoS, strength capped at 85 tons.)

Manitou Stone - 50 points

Grants strength, speed and senses equivalent to Super-Chief. (Strengh level 40 tons, speed 50 mph)

Tantu Totem - 75 points

Ability to tap into the morphogenic sphere of Earth, ala Vixen. Ability to take one animal aspect at a time, unlimited times.

Magical Claws - 25 points

Magically enhanced claws, design of your own choice. Able to even pierce Superman's thick skin no problem!

Book of Eternity - 25 points

Contains the history of the universe, as written by Merlin! Also gives you access to knowledge of all things, and your opponent.

Ruby of Life - 50 points

Able to animate and control inanimate objects.

Swords of Fan - 50 points

Magically enchanted swords, able to cut through mountains. You are also able to summon a single eastern-inspired dragon to fight with you one time.

Suit of Souls - 75 points

Able to grant the user agility, strength (capped at 25 tons). Able to take different forms at a whim, such as a magical sword or shield. Able to steal the soul of ONE enemy ONE time (instant deafeat), but will leave you disoriented, nauseated and weakened for your next round.

Queen Hipplyta's Magical Sphere - 25 points

Grants you the ability to monitor any present events. Gives you knowledge of your opponent's prep, and also comes with 30 minutes of prep time for each round.

Blessings

S - 25 points

Wisdom of Solomon grants knowledge. For the sake of this gauntlet, it will grant knowledge of your opponent.

H - 50 points

Strength of Hercules (for the sake of this gauntlet, will be capped at 100 tons).

A - 50 points

Stamina of Atlas grants a low level of invulnerability and a healing factor. Your character does not need to eat, sleep or breathe.

Z - 75 points

Power of Zeus grants a magical lightningbolt can than be used offensively, and gives a small boost to all stats. Can be used to instantly regenerate wounds (for the ake of this gauntlet, it will be usable for regeneration twice in total) Also grants magical resistance.

A - 50 points

Courage of Achilles grants bravery and fightning skills. It also affords a VERY high level of invulnerability.

M - 75 points

Speed of Mercury grants supersonic speed and unassisted flight. For the sake of this gauntlet, speed is capped at the speed of sound.

Hermes's Feather - 25 points

Grants unassisted flight.

Demeter's Renewal - 25 points

Grants a healing factor and immunity to poisons. Can merge with the earth to totally renew and heal all wounds. (For the sake of this gauntlet, it will be usable twice only.)

Artemis's Hunter's Eye - 25 points

Grants superior senses, the ability to see clearly in the dark and bright light. Hearing, touch, taste and smell are all enhanced, as well. Able to keep up visually with speedsters.

Spirit of Vengeance (Crimson Avenger) - 75 points

You are the host of a spirit of Vengeance. You are able to teleport, become intangible and phase through objects.

The initial gauntlet will be several rounds, and I'll be posting them either tomorrow or the day after. After that, I'm thinking of letting the people that clear vs. each other, but I'm not sure. The focus will be clearing the gauntlet!

I tried to make as many options available as possible. I'm hoping for a lot of variation.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By YoungJustice

Joe Smoche

Tantu Totem

Magical claws

M

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By greenteaforme

@YoungJustice said:

Joe Smoche

Tantu Totem

Magical claws

M

You actually went over your point limit by 25 =[

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By YoungJustice

@greenteaforme: Awww man. I would have been the perfect warrior. Can i have the Stamina of Atlas instead of M then.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wolfrazer

Jeez things are pricey I dunno what to pick. XD

Kablamicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kablamicus

Blessed Dirt

Bracelets of victory

Book of eternity

magic claws

Demeters renewal

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By greenteaforme

@YoungJustice said:

@greenteaforme: Awww man. I would have been the perfect warrior. Can i have the Stamina of Atlas instead of M then.

I tried to design it as much as that wasn't possible ;P but I smell a Vixen fan? haha

All right, you're through with those powers.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By greenteaforme

@Wolfrazer said:

Jeez things are pricey I dunno what to pick. XD

I tried to make the powers and choices really diverse, but still give limitations on what you can pick. I'd like to see what you come up with =] I put a lot of effort into it.

@Kablamicus said:

Blessed Dirt

Bracelets of victory

Book of eternity

magic claws

Demeters renewal

Sounds good! You're in~

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wolfrazer

Alright... 

Child of Greatness 

Gauntlets of Atlas 

Courage of Achilles 

Book of eternity 

Extra 25%: Speed of Mercury

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By greenteaforme

@Wolfrazer said:

Alright... Child of Greatness Gauntlets of Atlas Courage of Achilles Book of eternity Extra 25%: Bracers of Zeus

The extra 25% was only for blessings, and doesn't count towards equipment =[

You have the H for 25 tons of strength, or the M for 25% speed of sound movement and flight. Or could you go for any of the others, as well.

I'm only saying this because, otherwise, the character would be a lot stronger than the other entries.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wolfrazer
@greenteaforme:  Ah ok, well then guess i'll go with Speed of Mercury.
BataTest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BataTest

Gone! Gone! the form of man - Balrog ( Lord of the Ring)

Ruby of Life - 50 points

Able to animate and control inanimate objects.

Book of Eternity - 25 points

Contains the history of the universe, as written by Merlin! Also gives you access to knowledge of all things, and your opponent.

Queen Hipplyta's Magical Sphere - 25 points

Grants you the ability to monitor any present events. Gives you knowledge of your opponent's prep, and also comes with 30 minutes of prep time for each round.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By beatboks1

@greenteaforme said:

Able to see and sense auras (gives information about the health, karma, abilities, "true form" and power level of a target), able to see through illusions.

Just curious was this meant to be Dr Fate's Amulet. It's a lot more powerful than you've indicated and every bit as powerful as the Helm of Nabu. The only thing it lacks on the helm is the essence / sentience within the helm that also gives knowledge. When Khalis regained it (Nabu had taken it from hims centuries prior) he was easily a match fro classic Fate and Fate only one thanks to an ancient magic seal.

Story from1st issue special # 9 (19 74 IIRC) then reprinted in Immortal Doctor Fate issue 1 (1985) along with fate's Origin and a GA story of him fighting Wotan

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If that's only 25 point, I'll take it. I'll work out how I'm spending the remaining 75 later

LordStoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LordStoop

Joe Schmoe

Enchanted Bracers of Zeus - 75 points

Swords of Fan - 50 points

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By killers10333

Child of Greatness

Magic Claws - 25 designed as wolverines claws AND a small sharp claw on each of my fingers

Spirit of Veng - 75

Mercury blessing - free but 25%

speed blitz/teleport and kill here i come..hopefully...

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By greenteaforme

@beatboks1 said:

@greenteaforme said:

Just curious was this meant to be Dr Fate's Amulet. It's a lot more powerful than you've indicated and every bit as powerful as the Helm of Nabu. The only thing it lacks on the helm is the essence / sentience within the helm that also gives knowledge. When Khalis regained it (Nabu had taken it from hims centuries prior) he was easily a match fro classic Fate and Fate only one thanks to an ancient magic seal.

Story from1st issue special # 9 (19 74 IIRC) then reprinted in Immortal Doctor Fate issue 1 (1985) along with fate's Origin and a GA story of him fighting Wotan

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If that's only 25 point, I'll take it. I'll work out how I'm spending the remaining 75 later

His artifacts were too hard to balance, and will only have the powers listed.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By beatboks1

@greenteaforme: For the sake of accuracy you may want to switch the Amulet of Anubis for the Cloak of destiny. It's the Fate talisman that actually has the powers you listed. The Helm gives fate access to the power of order (for magic) and guidance. The amulet the power of chaos. He actually rarely uses it's power and it's more destructive.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By greenteaforme

Anyone else who wants in?

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SoA

@greenteaforme:

Joe Schmoe -(+50)

A -Courage of Achilles 50 points.(100)

Bracelets of Victory - 50 points(50)

Magical Claws - 25 points(25)

Artemis's Hunter's Eye - 25 points

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By greenteaforme

Last calls for anyone you wants in!

I'll be making the rounds and posting them up tomorrow.

TheGraySon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheGraySon

@greenteaforme: Blessed Dirt

Trident of Neptune -50

A-50 (achilles)

I hope its not too late