Mafia: Video Game Edition 2.0 Sign Ups (CLOSED)

• 84 results
Avatar image for saint_of_origin
Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Saint_of_Origin

This is a reimagining of the Mafia game started here on CV by The_Red_Viper. It didn't turn out so well in it's test run due to unforseen circumstances, so the rules and roles here will not be exactly the same. Once I figure out how to make the game decently balanced and fair, I will post the rules and roles here. The basic rules for the previous version (Credit to The_Red_Viper again) stay the same (For now)

Roles:

Heroes

Spartan

No Caption Provided

You are a generic Spartan Soldier. You have no special abilities that you can use. Well, except probably the most important ones. Your mind and your voice. As you don't have any specific role to play, your role is inherently useful as you have less risk to the team for speaking out against the villains. You can discuss strategy using your advanced mind without fear of posing a major risk to the hero team.

Ronan O'Connor

No Caption Provided

You are a former criminal, turned loose cannon cop. Killed before your time, you are trapped between the world of the living and the world of the dead in a ghostly form. You just want to see justice served, and you will use your abilities to do it. As a ghost, you can possess any character of your choosing once per night, and you will know them, inside and out.

Link

No Caption Provided

The Hero of Time, reincarnated across the entirety of existence to thwart great evil wherever it may arise. Many gadgets have accompanied you on your journeys, but few so true to you as the unbreakable Hylian Shield. Once per night, you may use this shield to shield the people you believe to be agents of truth and justice. But as you are at your strongest only when protecting and saving others, this ability cannot be used on yourself.

Mario

No Caption Provided

You are it. The worldwide face of video gaming. The poster boy, the star, the super star if you will. During the day, you are well stocked on your vast array of power-ups and avoid death quite easily. However, at night, you are tired and vulnerable after a long day of adventuring and handshaking. This is when the villains can silence the main character once and for all.

Serana

No Caption Provided

You are the daughter of Lord Harkon, the ruler of the Vampires of Skyrim. And as such you carry great magical prowess as well. Your vampire abilities and sorcery are strongest under the shade of night, and as such you cannot be harmed. But your power wanes with the rising of the sun, and this is when you are vulnerable to the wrath of the townspeople if misguided.

Emmeryn

No Caption Provided

You are the Exalt of Ylisse, beloved by all. Your goal is peace, and you actively seek to achieve it, no matter the cost. If you die, there shall be no killing by either the townspeople or villains for one night following your death. However the mourning of your death does not extend to touch the hearts of those out for vengeance or true justice, so individual murders carry on as planned. But be warned, your death can serve as a boon to the villains as well if used incorrectly, so draw attention to yourself carefully.

Megaman X

No Caption Provided

You are Dr. Light's final and perhaps most versatile creation. You have a will of your own, and decide to use that for justice. You have gained many abilities over the years from copying the skills of your defeated foes. Once per night, The Player will inform you of your active ability for that night, and it will be yours to command, should you choose to use it.

Super Sonic

No Caption Provided

You are the fastest creature alive, Sonic the Hedgehog at his maximum. You're not holding back here, and you move faster than anyone here can even fathom. The most they ever see with you is an almost instantaneous flash of light, and your will has already been done. You may use your ability to swap two participants of the game, this means any and all abilities targeted on the players you switched, will be switched as well. Your ability is the fastest in the game, and it cannot be negated or stopped, and happens before all else.

Edward Kenway

No Caption Provided

A pirate turned altruistic assassin, you have no qualms about killing to get the job done. And that is exactly what you are here to do. With your mighty vessel, the Jackdaw and her crew, you can be sure that whoever you target will not escape your countless cannons or blades and will surely meet death that night. Alas, your ship and crew need restocking and rest, so you must wait one night after using your ability before you can kill again.

Sora

No Caption Provided

You are Sora, perhaps the most well-known Keyblade master. You have a heart of gold, and the sword and magic skills to match. You can't just let these heroes go into battle without some help, right? So you use your vast sorcery to disable one participant's abilities per night. Be sure of who you choose though, because if you disable a hero, you can't take it back!

Subject Delta

No Caption Provided

You are a powerful force to be reckoned with, and the thing you care about most is protecting your Little Sister that's accompanying you. And as the heroes are not inclined to hurt a little girl, you have allied yourself with them temporarily. But everyone be forewarned, if Subject Delta is attacked in any way, and his Little Sister is put in danger, he will unleash his fury upon the attacker, killing them. You will then flee into the depths of Rapture, taking your Little Sister away from the danger as soon as you can. This includes daytime killings, as the last person to vote for Subject Delta will be the target of his anger.

Villains

Majini

No Caption Provided

An intelligent "zombie" hell bent on destruction to all that is good, you hold no special abilities other than the fact that you can talk. You can plant the seeds of doubt and discord in amongst the heroes. Make them doubt each other, themselves, and laugh as you watch them fall apart in the confusion. But be careful, you have no way to protect yourself.

Dark Link

No Caption Provided

You are the darkness within Link given form, and you resemble him in almost every way. Even your soul is almost identical to his own, and only you know of the dark twisted nature within that is your true soul. With this disguise, if you are possessed by O'Connor, he will easily confuse your soul with that of a random hero instead.

GLaDOS

No Caption Provided

You are quite possibly the most brilliant combination of intelligent AI, sarcastic villain, and witty rival ever to come out of gaming. With your vast knowledge and AI capabilities you can hack into just about any source of information and know the identity of whomever you wish.

Tabuu

No Caption Provided

You are Tabuu, the being who seeks to erase other dimensions to control your own. Within your dimension you can create copies of anyone you please, even heroes. You can choose to create a copy of any hero you choose to serve as your avatar, and if that hero is investigated, they will be tainted with the suspicion of possibly being your envoy .

Ultimecia

No Caption Provided

An immensely powerful sorceress who's desire is to deify yourself, you have vast magics that allow you manipulation over space and time itself. Using these abilities, you can stop a participant's ability from ever taking place. Can't have those pesky heroes meddling with you on your quest to Godhood can we?

Giovanni

No Caption Provided

As the leader of Team Rocket, the most powerful criminal organization in the world, you know what you're doing. And you have a host of goons and Pokemon to do your dirty deeds for you. As long as you live, no one will ever know the true identity of murder victims. After all, we have to keep the streets "clean" don't we?

Artorias of the Abyss

No Caption Provided

Once a noble hero, now reduced to a mindless and violent shell of who you once were, your power is great. On your own, you are deadly, but enhanced by the power of the great Abyss, not even Link's shield can save your target. If you are chosen as the villain to kill, the death will be certain. The Hero of Time cannot hope to match the power of the Abyss with just his shield.

Ganondorf

No Caption Provided

You are Ganondorf, the wielder of the Triforce of Power, and the destined ruler for the world. Your power is great, but you cannot let any version of the Hero of Time exist. His very image urks you to your core. The only way you come out of this game on top is if Dark Link is eliminated from the game, as well as the heroes.

Third Parties

The Courier

No Caption Provided

War, war never changes. And if there's one thing that's certain is that war brings death. You want no part in this war that the heroes and villains are a part of. Your goal is just to make it through the game alive. If you do that, well I'd call that a win, wouldn't you?

Trevor Phillips

No Caption Provided

Insanity. Destruction. Violence. Bloodshed. These are all of the things you love, and boy do you love them. Your goal is to kill everyone. Everyone everywhere. It doesn't matter to you what their motives are, you want to fly into an inescapable rage and tear their limbs off! Each night you can kill a player of your choice. However, you also have the most difficult role. You only win if everyone except for yourself has fallen. Good luck Mr. Phillips.

Vaas Montenegro

No Caption Provided

Almost as unstable as Trevor, your goal is to make a Martyr out of yourself for your boss. If you get killed by the townspeople, it will shift suspicion away from your boss' ultimate goal of expanding the drug trade. They believe you are the most dangerous threat to the stability of the town, and you want them to keep thinking that. If you are killed during the day, for all to see, you win.

Siegfried

No Caption Provided

You are the embodiment of a true knight, determined to crush evil wherever it surfaces. Your goal is exactly this, to wipe the villains off the face of the Earth. Each night you pick a villain to taste the wrath of your holy blade, Soul Calibur. However, if you kill a hero, you become corrupted for eternity and begin your monstrous transformation into the horrible Nightmare, and you lose.

Rules/How to Play:

A violent mob has started to commit murders in a peaceful little town. Each night, they murder one poor townsman.

The people of the small town are not going to sit by and watch. So each day, they vote on who might be one of the mobsters, and kill him, hoping they're right and he's actually one of the bad guys.

In this game however, instead of mobsters and townsmen it's heroes and villains.

The participants are divided in 2 teams-heroes and villains. The game's moderator (Which will be referred to as "The Player", who is yours truly) decides who would be on what team, and who gets which role (different roles have different abilities, details coming soon). Just to make it clearer, you do not pick your own character. You're assigned with a role once the game begins.

The game starts at night. At night, players with roles can use their abilities (or not, if so they choose), and the villain team discusses in a group PM on who they wanna kill (each night, a different villain commits the murder act, the moderator decides which). After each role-bearer has decided what they wanna do and the villains decided who they wanna kill, I make an announcement on the night's events, which includes who the mobsters killed and what the role-bearers did with their abilities. When describing the murder, I might put small hints that point out who the killer is.

Afterwards, comes daytime, when all participants discuss on who they wanna kill. Here, the villains need to play it smart and make the poor heroes slaughter each other.

If you sign up, you must play. If you miss two nights without PMing me, or being active in the thread, or being active at all, you will be eliminated. This will not be broadcast, but your character will be "written out".

Not all roles have to appear in the game. Alternatively, some roles may appear more than once (in that case, people with the same role will have different names. For example, if there are 2 Marios, one will be Mario and the other will be Luigi).

No posting screenshots to prove your roles, or for any other purpose.

If you're Ronan O'Connor/GLaDOS, and you die-you can't tell anyone of roles you've exposed.Speaking of which-if you're out-then you're out and that's final. Comments that may affect the game from players who died will be flagged/removed.

No PM-ing other players, making secret pacts, reveal your roles, etc. This is a rule I can't really enforce, but it's for your own good, and it'd keep the game more interesting and exciting.

Villains that died remain in the group PM but can't use their abilities.

If you vote, make it very veryclear. Write it in huge bolded font by your post.

Finally, you need at least 100 posts to play. If you don't have 100 posts, you cannot sign up. This is to prevent alts from taking part in this and giving an unfair advantage to one side.

Spots:

1. The_Red_Viper

2. Mistertapman

3. Stormdriven

4. Misterwhisper

5. Haoalchemist

6. Comicdude360

7. Thetruebarryallen

8. Travd6

9. Mr.nofunallowed

10. No_one_expects_the_silver_surfer

11. Colliderz

12. Skit

13. Comicsrulebutdbzdoes2

14. Fatherchaos

15. DedmanWalkin

16. Imperfect_Cell

17. Etheral_Dreams

18. PreCrisisBardock

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am down for this one.

livewyre718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there is space id like to join. I've been lurking on the boards for a while and I was following the last game as if I was playing.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Im in

travd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since @comicdude360 is my best friend, I'll consider taking a spot.

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will do.

If there is space id like to join. I've been lurking on the boards for a while and I was following the last game as if I was playing.

As much as I'd love to let you join, I can't risk the chance of you being a previous players alt and using that to the villains advantage. Perhaps once you get your post count up. I plan to rerun this a few times.

mistertapman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm here! I'm not late, am I?

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm here! I'm not late, am I?

Nope, still working on the roles :D

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin:

I assume Edward is like Punisher and kills every other night right?

travd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haoalchemist I only had like 20 some posts before the last game, lol. I agree with it being a smart move. This game I'll probably be quieter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want to have enough people sign up I would advise also putting a sign up in the Battles Section.

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin:

I assume Edward is like Punisher and kills every other night right?

I forgot to write that part in, thanks for bringing that up! Haha I'm putting it in with my next edit.

travd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin Can we get a head count for each side when the game starts. Ie. 11 heroes, 5 villains, 2 neutral or whatever.

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travd6 said:

@saint_of_origin Can we get a head count for each side when the game starts. Ie. 11 heroes, 5 villains, 2 neutral or whatever.

I'll think about it. On one hand, it's part of the game to have confusion. But then again the villains will know who the villains are, so they don't have much they don't know as to who is a hero/villain.

mistertapman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mistertapman

You should use Starkiller from The Force Unleashed as the one who can kill someone even when they're protected by Link, just because it would be awesome to get a Sith up in here.

Edit: OH OH OH, and Xemnas should be penguin.

Edit again: okay, those make more sense. Still, I think we should've had a Sith.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a bigger issue is going to be do you drop the character name of the person that may get kicked out or quit.

Also, lets keep the sign up page updated with the current alive/dead count.

Like when someone dies edit in a DEAD by their name in the player list.

Also when you go to vote do it like this:

I MISTER WHISPER VOTE FOR (PLAYER NAME) FOR DAY (X).

travd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By travd6

@travd6 said:

I'll think about it. On one hand, it's part of the game to have confusion. But then again the villains will know who the villains are, so they don't have much they don't know as to who is a hero/villain.

I don't think a head count is too much of an advantage. In the classic version of town of salem I was playing, you knew there were 9 townsfolk, 3 mafia, 2 neutral, and a serial killer. Even knowing that the mafia still wins as much as the townies, you know their role when they die, and even the serial killer wins sometimes. Of course it's only a 30 minute game and has the advantage of being a game and not on the forum, so the numbers could be adjusted as needed. I don't think knowing how many are on each side is bad. It's not like I'm saying we should know what roles you choose to use. That uncertainty is critical, and casts doubt if 2 ppl claim the same role.

travd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a bigger issue is going to be do you drop the character name of the person that may get kicked out or quit.

Also, lets keep the sign up page updated with the current alive/dead count.

Like when someone dies edit in a DEAD by their name in the player list.

Also when you go to vote do it like this:

I MISTER WHISPER VOTE FOR (PLAYER NAME) FOR DAY (X).

If someone quits, don't inform us. Even if they are not playing their roles, their bodies may be needed. They will eventually be voted out or killed anyways. Like if Penguin quits or the Hulk quits from last game, just their character alone fills a role when not being played.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travd6: I like that plan.

If someone quits just pm Saint. Do not announce it

Avatar image for mr_nofunallowed
Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mr_NoFunAllowed

Sign me up

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sign me up

77 Posts...hmm...under the post requirement but not by much. I'll make an exception here. You're in.

Avatar image for mr_nofunallowed
Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for no_one_expects_the_silver_surf
No_one_expects_the_Silver_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

travd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin Good job with the role choices and descriptions. However, you may want to change the rules to reflect this game. PPL not in the last game may not understand the red skull/batman reference or superman ones.

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travd6 said:

@saint_of_origin Good job with the role choices and descriptions. However, you may want to change the rules to reflect this game. PPL not in the last game may not understand the red skull/batman reference or superman ones.

What do you mean? The roles are clearly described right? I'm confused.

travd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin In the rules/how to play section, there are references made to last game

If you're Batman/Red Skull, and you die-you can't tell anyone of roles you've exposed.Speaking of which-if you're out-then you're out and that's final. Comments that may affect the game from players who died will be flagged/removed.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming there's space, sign me up please. Last game was fun despite the ending.

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travd6 said:

@saint_of_origin In the rules/how to play section, there are references made to last game

If you're Batman/Red Skull, and you die-you can't tell anyone of roles you've exposed.Speaking of which-if you're out-then you're out and that's final. Comments that may affect the game from players who died will be flagged/removed.

Oh I see. Yeah I'll change that xD

travd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin Not to be annoying, but I want to ask one more thing. Can we make a definitive start/end time of the day and nights. Like midnight eastern, or whatever time you choose.

It will make closer voting easier to hash out, and you can just do your daily reports after the time expires.

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travd6 said:

@saint_of_origin Not to be annoying, but I want to ask one more thing. Can we make a definitive start/end time of the day and nights. Like midnight eastern, or whatever time you choose.

It will make closer voting easier to hash out, and you can just do your daily reports after the time expires.

Ill see what I can do. I'm gonna go take a nap for now though. Be back soon!

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit said:

Assuming there's space, sign me up please. Last game was fun despite the ending.

Will do

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yh i'm on for it again

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in

I was Cobblepot last round btw

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin: The characters in the roles list are too obscure. Where da fuq is my Metal Gear representation?

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

livewyre718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt if I'll ever get 100 posts but I'll sit in the stands for the next couple games and hope the entry requirements loosen up in the future.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Stormdriven

I won't play unless there's a Master Chief

:P

mistertapman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin you could change npc's to Spartans, and the first one could be Master Chief. I mean, base villains are cooler than base heroes currently, so I don't see why not.

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yh i'm on for it again

I'm in

I was Cobblepot last round btw

Alright

@saint_of_origin: The characters in the roles list are too obscure. Where da fuq is my Metal Gear representation?

@saint_of_origin: Put in Dante, Vergil, Solid Snake, etc.

Also, I'm in.

Couldn't think of good roles for them since I haven't played their games much.

@saint_of_origin you could change npc's to Spartans, and the first one could be Master Chief. I mean, base villains are cooler than base heroes currently, so I don't see why not.

Spartans are superhuman though. :P Majini are only zombies.

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt if I'll ever get 100 posts but I'll sit in the stands for the next couple games and hope the entry requirements loosen up in the future.

Alright. Don't doubt that, I never thought I'd get to even 50! And I'm at well over 1000 now haha

mistertapman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin: You could change the Majini to KH Nobodies or Heartless, since IMO more people are familiar with them. Just a suggestion. I normally wouldn't care, but it could get us another player.

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin: You could change the Majini to KH Nobodies or Heartless, since IMO more people are familiar with them. Just a suggestion. I normally wouldn't care, but it could get us another player.

Well being familiar with the roles doesn't have much to do with the gameplay...As long as the roles are explained here it doesn't really change right?

mistertapman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin: Right. So you could realistically change the npcs to spartans and not even bother with the majini if you prefer, and we'll have Stormdriven in the game that way. But I like Kingdom Hearts, so it'd be cool if you did. (plus, it'd be funny, you get to call someone a nobody, and you'd have a legitimate excuse for it)