Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Welcome to Mafia, the Pokemon edition!

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• No pacts/PM player identities. If this is attempted, please screen-shot it and send it to me. They will be D/Q'd and you will have a night where you can not die.
  • Don't take it too personal, it's just a game. Don't let a heated argument//accusation get out of hand.
  • Villains win if heroes are dead, heroes win if villains are dead unless anything says otherwise.
  • Even if villains win, don't reveal identities. There will be an....inner confrontation in the villains circle.. after heroes are dead.
  • All spots will be used, no doubles or missing roles.
  • No giving the info of people you've uncovered after you're out of the game.
  • I'd prefer you guys not out yourselves on what roles you have, but as WBR said, not in my power to really do so.

All abilities that say active are only for the night cycle, unless stated otherwise.

Lynching and revival will happen during the day cycle.

Priority order:

1: Swap

2: Nullification:

3: Reversal

4: Investigation

5: Protection

6:Attacking

7:Passive

Players:

• Promethius
  • Pierpat
  • Haoalchemist
  • Lowlaville
  • Joewell
  • Parichithayerakala
  • Livewyre718
  • Amendment50
  • Comicdude360
  • Primezone
  • Fu-Dog007
  • Hungry_sharky

Roster:

Villains:

Giovanni:

No Caption Provided

Giovanni is the head of Team Rocket, a criminal organization originating in Kanto. Though his main campaign resides in his mother country of Kanto, his influence stretches on into Johto and many other regions. Under the guise of a gym leader, he runs Team Rocket right under the Leagues own noses.

Ability(Passive): If inspected he will appear as a random hero.

Ability Active): May investigate one person per night. If the character is an actual pokemon they will be taken out of the game. The investigation for Giovanni will only appear as "Human" or "Pokemon", he will not know names.

Archie:

No Caption Provided

Archie, the leader of Team Aqua, one of the two dominant gangs of the Hoenn region. His goal is expand the seas by awakening the legendary Kyogre. Though he is more laid back than Maxie, his determination and resolve are not to be underestimated.

Winningcondition: All heroes, as well as Maxie, must be taken out for Archie to win.

Ability(Passive):Once during the game Archie will not be killed during the night.(E.g. any attempt to kill him during a single night in the whole game will fail on that night.)

Ability Active):Once every two nights Archie may kill someone.

Maxie:

No Caption Provided

Maxie, the leader of Team Magma, one of the two dominant gangs in the Hoenn region. His ambition is to awaken Groudon and expand the landmasses. A cold and calculating strategist, he has the time and the resources to see his plans through.

Winningcondition: All heroes, as well as Archie, must be taken out for Archie to achieve victory.

Ability(Passive): Maxie will be notified of the character name of people who are lynched.

Ability Active ):Maxie may nullify one person's ability every two nights.

Colress:

No Caption Provided

Colress is the head researcher of Team Plasma. Through his years of research he's been trying to find a means of reaching a pokemon's full power through any means necessary. Traveling throughout the regions he's working every possible route to find out the secret to this hidden potential.

Ability Active): Colress may investigate a character every night.

Cyrus:

No Caption Provided

The leader of Team Galactic. His sole goal is to "create a world without spirit". His goal is to use the legendary pokemon Dialga and Palkia to destroy the universe and create a new one in which he will reign as god.

Ability Active)

Madam X:

No Caption Provided

Madam X is a malamar bent on controlling the world through it's psychic powers. Controlling pokemon and humans alike, it sees to rule through hypnotic force.

Ability Active): Every night Malamar may switch the target of one player to another player.

Lysandre:

No Caption Provided

Lysandre is the leader of Team Flare, an organization in the Kalos region bent on destroying humans for the good of the pokemon. Trying to harness the power of Yveltal, Lysandre seeks the eradication of humans.

Winning condition: Everyone must be dead for Lysandre to win.

*If Lysandre wins, nobody else wins*

Ability Active): Lysandre may kill off a person every night.

Shadow Triad:

No Caption Provided

The ninjas of Team Plasma, they lurk in the shadows and await their orders.

Ability(Passive): Shadow Triad have a higher chance of being the killer of the night.

Ability(Passive): Nobody will know the names of dead characters who die in the night.

Shelly:

No Caption Provided

Shelly is one of the two admins of Team Aqua. A former worker at the Devon Corporation, she provided all of the companies research to Team Aqua when she joined the group.

Winningcondition: Archie must be alive at the end of the game.

*She can only use 1 ability a night*

Ability Active): Every two nights she may protect 1 person.

Ability Active): She may investigate one villain per night.

Courtney:

No Caption Provided

Courtney is one of the two admins of Team Magma. Though she has a strange speech pattern and can often times seem more robotic and emotionless, she is a loyal follower of Maxie.

Winningcondition: Maxie must be alive at the end of the game, regardless if Courtney lasts until the end of the game or not.

Ability Active): May intercept 1 attack on a villain.(The player will be noted of villains being attacked. They will not know by who, but they will be asked if they want to intercept it.) Intercepting the attack will take Courtney out of the game.

Ability(Passive): Can not be the target of a villain's ability(Outside of killing). If Courtney is targeted the person targeting Courtney will have a change of heart and will end up having tea with her.

Heroes:

Ash:

No Caption Provided

Ash, the famous "never-aging" boy. Or at least we call him that. Ash is a pokemon trainer going from region to region in the quest to capture all the pokemon and be the very best. Though he starts fresh each region, he always has his friend Pikachu by his side.

Winningcondition: Must have Pikachu with him by the end of the game.

Ability(Passive): If targeted by an ability that is not a kill attempt he may switch it to one other player.

Ability(Passive): Ash will know the identity of any hero who interacts with him.

NurseJoy:

No Caption Provided

NurseJoy, one of the many Joys to be found around the pokemon world. Nurse Joy, and the rest of the Joys, are dedicated to the well-being of pokemon.

Ability(Passive): If targeted by a heroes ability she may swap it to someone else.

Ability Active): Once every two nights she may revive one person who died during the night.

Officer Jenny:

No Caption Provided

Officer Jenny is one of the many Jennies throughout the pokemon world. Her, along with her sisters, operate the police forces around the world.

Ability(Passive): She will be notified if the player she keeps is a human or pokemon. No names.

Ability Active): Once per night she may take a target player and hold them in jail. While jailed that player is protected, however their abilities can not be used.(This includes passive)

Prof. Sycamore:

No Caption Provided

Prof. Sycamore is the pokemon professor of the Kalos region. A friendly and happy guy, he studies mega evolution gives the player their first mega evolution stone.

Ability Active): Once per night Sycamore may investigate one character.

Red:

No Caption Provided

The famous Red of the original pokemon games, as well as Origins, is the final boss of the pokemon world. Renowned for his battling prowess, he took down Rocket organization by himself as well as defeated Lance(the former pokemon champion) as well as Blue(the next pokemon champion after Lance).

Ability(Passive): Red can not be killed during the night. If attacked during the night, the attacker will not be active the next night. This does not prevent investigations or Jenny's jail-time, as well as power nullification or swapping.

Ability Active): Every two nights Red may kill someone.

Lance:

No Caption Provided

Lance, the former pokemon champion of Kanto. A powerful trainer and force to be reckoned with.

Ability(Passive):Lance can not be killed during the day.

Ability(Passive): If Lance is killed during the night, his dragonite will avenge him the next night.(This will take bottom priority, so after everything else has been done Dragonite will come in.)

Ability Active): Lance can protect 1 person a night.

Latias:

No Caption Provided

Latias is the sister of Latios, the twin eon pokemon. A powerful psychic dragon, she flies around various regions revealing herself to the protagonist.

Ability(Passive):Latias can see the names of players who die.

Ability Active): Latias may subdue 1 person every two night.(The targeted player may not use passive or active abilities)

Brock:

No Caption Provided

Brock, the rock gym leader and best friend to Ash. Known for his flirting towards, well practically every woman he interacts with, he's here for the ladies! For this evening anyway...

Winningcondition: Hypno must be taken out by the end of the match, and all his captives freed.

Winnging condition 2: Either Nurse Joy or Officer Jenny must be alive at the end of the game.

Ability(Passive): His abilities can not be affected by outside sources.

Ability Active): Brock has brought all his pokemon with him. That being said, he can use each one for a different ability each night. I will post it in the player's PM when it's time.

Wildcards:

Jigglypuff:

No Caption Provided

Jigglypuff is a singing pokemon who wants nothing more than for people to enjoy her singing. Unfortunately no one can listen to her song without falling asleep. This makes jigglypuff most upset, and that is a terrible thing.

Winningcondition: Stay alive.

Ability: She can target one character per night, that character falls asleep. While a character is asleep they can't use their abilities.

Gengar:

No Caption Provided

Gengar, the original ghost. A lover of mischief and all things dark, Gengar will be our bringer of chaos for this evening.

Winningcondition: Gengar must make a hero kill a hero, and a villain kill a villain.

Ability(Passive): Gengar can not be killed during the night.

Ability Active): Gengar may reverse the ability of a player, causing the opposite to happen.(Ex: If Archie were to kill someone, he would instead end up protecting them)

Ability Active): Gengar may swap the target of one character to another.

Team Rocket Trio:

No Caption Provided

The Team Rocket trio, the master of goof-ups and unfortunate encounters. Constantly trying to capture pikachu, this trio often meets with failure and bad luck.

Winningcondition #1: To interact with Ash and steal Pikachu. They must keep Pikachu until the end of the match. Pikachu can be stolen back with a hero interacting with them.

Winningcondition #2: They must not have Wobbuffet at the end of the game.

Ability(Passive): If anything happens to the character they investigate, they will become the target of whatever ability targeted their target that night.(Ex. If TRT investigate player Y while player X targets player Y, TRT becomes the new target of player X.)

Ability Active): They may investigate one character a night. If they come across Ash, Pikachu is immediately stolen.

Wobbuffet:

No Caption Provided

Wobbuffett! That's surely all you need to know about this adorable guy!

Winningcondition: Wobbuffet must remain alive and with Team Rocket by the end of the game to win.

Ability(Passive): Whoever targets wobbuffet with an ability will have that ability used on themselves.(E.g. If Jenny were to jail wobbuffet she would be the one jailed and all effects would be applied to her.)

Absol:

No Caption Provided

Absol, the destruction pokemon. Known for appearing before great disasters, it has gotten a bad name for actually causing the destruction.

Winningcondition: Stay alive.

Ability Active): Absol can appear before someone every two nights. On his appearance, that player will be swapped with a random kill attempt.(Ex: If player Y targets player X to be killed, yet Absol appears before player Z, player Z will be the target of the attack)

Hypno:

No Caption Provided

The great sleeper, the horror, the legend; Hypno. He's got that quiet nature, he's tip-toein', he's coming in to do his thing. With his psychic powers he lures people, specifically children, away never to be seen again.

**Hypno counts as a villain for the heroes**

Winningcondition: Hypno must capture at least 2 females to win. If he captures 2 and the game is still going, he has to go after the rest.

• If by the end of the game there are no heroes and hypno has captured all females available, hypno wins in which case everyone else loses.

*Hypno may only use 1 ability per night*

Ability Active): Hypno may investigate 1 person a night.

Ability Active):Hypno may abduct a player a night. This takes the player out of the game and gives him access to their ability. If Hypno abducts a male character his identity will be forfeit. So, you know, be careful who you go for.

Drawback: If you're lynched all captured characters will be released to their proper teams and back in the game.

*If he's killed during the night all captured players remain out of the game*

**I know some of the hero roles aren't finished yet, but it's getting late and I don't want anything happening to the post. I will add them in later though.**

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awww, my formatting got screwed up TT. TT

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By haoalchemist

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk:retag everyone from the last game and then some

Looking good so far,cant wait till its polished

So many juicy roles, lovin the nurse joy role!

Hypno is O flippin P wooo

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sign me up

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pierpat

Sign me up

Do brock and latias have no abilities?
Oh, and Hypno and red are so OP

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm here!

eliah1102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can i Sign up

Avatar image for saint_of_origin
Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm. Looks pretty good though a lot of the roles are very OP. I think I'm going to sit out this one, but I'd look at rebalancing. Maybe not giving so much power to one role? I mean Giovanni is a semi-investigator + semi-killer + false hero. He could arguably solo the game if he played his cards right. Ask the investigator to investigate him, kill off heroes until all the Pokemon for them are dead, etc.

livewyre718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sign me up. This one should go by fast with so many killers

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get me a villain role! Even if I suck at being a villain, I wanna kill peoples.

No Caption Provided

travd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin: I think I will too. I will take this round to fine tune my game. Sorry about last game. I played how I thought I needed to to win.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna be a pokemon ranger =/

I was expecting Eevee with one different ability for each eeveelutions, maybe the player can choose to each eeveelution he will evolve and use the ability of that evolution

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tag me pls

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know absolutely nothing about Pokemon, never saw an episode or even read a card...

Not sure I know enough to keep track.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper: You don't really need to know them, just their abilities. I didn't know 75% of the cartoons or games from those and it didn't hinder me too much.

travd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: :Lol, I didn't know almost 100% of them.

It took a little of double checking the roles, but luckily I helped push the no vote with @lowlaville and we had a game changing first night. @saint_of_origin is the one guy I really respect and like on this board, but went against him and @hulkage broke the game for his with one lucky night of checking who visited that night.

My prediction, villains win this game by a mile.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travd6: Not really... way too many kills.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know absolutely nothing about Pokemon, never saw an episode or even read a card...

Not sure I know enough to keep track.

Well that's the thing, roles doesn't matter. It wasn't like I knew all the roles last game too, but I played it nonetheless. Treat them for what they are, names; and you will find yourself engaging regardless you know or not.

For example, I did not know who Dib, my role was, nor did I searched it up.

travd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville the villains can kill 1.5 times a night with no wild card killing. That's pretty op.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travd6 said:

@lowlaville the villains can kill 1.5 times a night with no wild card killing. That's pretty op.

We shall see.

travd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By travd6

@lowlaville: Just by sheer numbers, we would have lost last game if we voted saint. When you play the basic town of salem online, the villains win a bout half the time. There are 9 heroes, 3 neutral and 3 villains. Villains roles are night immunity and one person that makes someone looks like a villain. This includes being able a will that you can type in what you did everyday.

Last game their was a like 11 to 6 hero to villain ratio, and villains with stronger powers than those above. This game will be a villain stomp.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travd6 said:

@lowlaville: Just by sheer numbers, we would have lost last game if we voted saint. When you play the basic town of salem online, the villains win a bout half the time. There are 9 heroes, 3 neutral and 3 villains. Villains roles are night immunity and one person that makes someone looks like a villain. This includes being able a will that you can type in what you did everyday.

Last game their was a like 11 to 6 hero to villain ratio, and villains with stronger powers than those above. This game will be a villain stomp.

I have not really read the setup. Could you like summarize it?

travd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lowlaville

@travd6 said:

@lowlaville: Summarize what exactly?

The setup this game, the ratio: the percentage of kills, etc. Since you are saying it will be a stomp, I'm assuming you know that much.

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: tag everyone, lets get the ball rollin!

Hm. Looks pretty good though a lot of the roles are very OP. I think I'm going to sit out this one, but I'd look at rebalancing. Maybe not giving so much power to one role? I mean Giovanni is a semi-investigator + semi-killer + false hero. He could arguably solo the game if he played his cards right. Ask the investigator to investigate him, kill off heroes until all the Pokemon for them are dead, etc.

Shame

:p

travd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville Well I am sure you can read as well as I can, but I will explain basic town of salem for you and it's roles and ratios.

Townies

1. Medium- talks to dead ppl at night

2. Sherriff- will know if someone is mafia by investigating, except for the godfather, and will know the serial killer if he goes to him

3. Jailor- can hold a person at night, protects them from attacks at night, but he has an option to execute them at night and it's limited. (not a role we can equate here)

4. Lookout- can see who visited someone at night, the equivilant of what hulkage did when he went to saints last game

5. healer- can heal another player at night and himself one time and prevents death

6. Escort- prevents someone from using their role each night.

7. investigator- knows one of usually possible 3 roles a person can be when he investigates

8. town killing role- can be a veteran that kills any one that visits him, limit of 3 uses, vigilante that can kill 3 times but dies if he kills a townie, a second jailor, maybe others but i forget

9 town non killing- repeat of all above but jailor, the mayor role that can have 3 votes, a body guard, a transporter that swaps 2 ppl and so on, lot of other roles it can be.

Mafia

1. godfather that is immune at night and appears as innocent to the sherriff, chooses who is killed at night

2. Assassin- does the killing that the godfather chooses at night, becomes the godfather if the godfather is killed

3. Framer- makes someone appear as a villain, becomes godfather after assassin and godfather dies

Neutral

jester- needs voted off to win

Executioner- has a goal to make one person voted off in the day has night immunity, and if the person is killed at night he becomes the second jester

serial killer- wants to see all the heroes and villains dead, kills anyone that visits him

So yea, that 9 to 3 to 3 ratio ends with a 50 50 villain to hero win ratio not counting when the serial killer wins. The villains ability to communicate, know everyone on their team, and in the games we have played on here they have the ability to know who died, and so on warrants weak roles for them. These roles are way op for the villains.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travd6: ...I was talking about this game's setup, why you think it would be a stomp.

Avatar image for saint_of_origin
Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin: Sorry if I had anything to do with you not participating...

No, I just have a few other things to work on and Mafia has been the center of my battle forums life for a rather long time. I'm going to fine tune my game, and maybe open up an anime/manga version with @mudamudamuda.

@travd6 said:

@joewell: :Lol, I didn't know almost 100% of them.

It took a little of double checking the roles, but luckily I helped push the no vote with @lowlaville and we had a game changing first night. @saint_of_origin is the one guy I really respect and like on this board, but went against him and @hulkage broke the game for his with one lucky night of checking who visited that night.

My prediction, villains win this game by a mile.

We got lucky. My strategy didn't work out as planned but in a strange twist of fate drawing so much attention to myself actually ended up helping the heroes. That with Danny Phantom's analysis sealed the deal for us.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

That first picture is simply wonderful

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By Primez0ne
Fu-Dog007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By Fu-Dog007

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: Is it too late to join?

If not, then sign me up dude! I've watched all the other Mafia games play out and would love to join this one!

EDIT: (though, I still am a little fuzzy on some aspects of the game)

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, I'm going to finish the ability/roster on Saturday. I'm currently helping my family get ready for vacation and I'm going to be taking care of the pets, so that's pretty much what I'm doing atm. Anyone can still feel free to join, if we have enough by Saturday I can finish all the roles and have the game start immediately.

I'd also like to mention that nights won't be a specific amount of time(Well, it'll have a time limit to answer by), but I will post the events of the night if everyone can respond fast enough so there's not that much waiting to be had. Day time will have a specific time though.

Hungry_Sharky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oy! Can I play?

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fu-Dog007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fu-dog007: Oh! I actually forgot! O:

-working on last abilities-

Anyone else can feel free to join

Fu-Dog007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All abilities are filled in, still need more people to join though.

Fu-Dog007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Fu-Dog007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fu-Dog007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@fu-dog007: Appreciate the tag but I'm sitting this game out. I'll be watching from the side lines though :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, i will join in.

Although I know nothing of pokemon.

Neon_Leon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Neon_Leon

Sure, I'll give it a go. I have a question about Hypno: what if you're Hypno, and you capture the Team Rocket trio? I mean, there's both genders there, so I'm just curious what you'd do with that. (Was on mobile before, so I couldn't tag you, and forgot to press the reply button. @the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk)