the half blood prince or the powerfull auror

fight takes place in the departent of history

Mad-eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i think you're referring to department of mystery, but anyway i think Moody will win. He has more experience in duelling than snape does.

Avatar image for piatinumfanboy1
PIatinumfanboy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Moody 8/10.

Moody is way more experienced, he provided half of cells in Azkaban. This is reason why Voldemort was thinking at first to attack Moody guarding Potter-Mundugus Fletcher.

But Snape is genius of dark magic and anti-dark arts.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Moody 8/10.

Moody is way more experienced, he provided half of cells in Azkaban. This is reason why Voldemort was thinking at first to attack Moody guarding Potter-Mundugus Fletcher.

I think an argument can be made that Moody's well past his prime by the time we see him in action. It feels implied by the books at several points, and he's also severely hampered physically by his clunky leg and gnarled injuries. I don't think the Moody we see in the books and films would be able to take Snape. He's just not mobile enough, and the only real feat/scaling he does have is getting beaten swiftly by Dolohov in the Department of Mysteries.

Now, prime Moody is a complete hypothetical, but he would have a much better shot since he was actively out there hunting and killing Dark Wizards by the dozen. He was in much better shape physically to boot, except maybe without his magic eye depending on when he lost it.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mr-yes

Harry Potter battle? You love to see it!

I’d back Snape.

Avatar image for piatinumfanboy1
PIatinumfanboy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@piatinumfanboy1 said:

I think Moody 8/10.

I think an argument can be made that Moody's well past his prime by the time we see him in action. It feels implied by the books at several points, and he's also severely hampered physically by his clunky leg and gnarled injuries. I don't think the Moody we see in the books and films would be able to take Snape. He's just not mobile enough, and the only real feat/scaling he does have is getting beaten swiftly by Dolohov in the Department of Mysteries.

Now, prime Moody is a complete hypothetical, but he would have a much better shot since he was actively out there hunting and killing Dark Wizards by the dozen. He was in much better shape physically to boot, except maybe without his magic eye depending on when he lost it.

Well you are right, because retired Moody didn't seem to be strong at all if he was captured by Wormtail and Barty Junior. Scaling in Potterverse depends a lot, because as potter says sometimes it is a dumb luck.

Idk how Molly Weasley would go against someone like Dolohow, Mcnair, Malfoy, Snape or Mcgonagal. Her victory over Bellatrix is cool feat, but it doesn't guarantee the victory. Voldemort has disadvantege with Harry, because not only raw power of Harry casted by Lily but Voldemort had Harry's blood so his wand automatically was doing all it can. Also Voldemort was Horcrux free.

Cursed Child proves that 1-Horcrux Voldemort killed Harry, since Death Eater Cedric killed Longbottom attempting to slay Nagini

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slight edge to snape

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snape wins.

Prime moody is something nice to speculate but we just don't know.

macattack1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are fairly featless duellists to be honest. By hype moody should be better, but as we see him during the series he has a poor track record.

Snape was a prodigy and one of the top death eaters (or even the top). Combine that with his feats against McGonagall, and his own hype, as well as the fact that Moody got trounced by Dolohov and I think it more likely that Snape would win.

At least during the timeframe of the HP series.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@piatinumfanboy1: I don't think Cursed Child should factor in at all tbh. That book breaks and contradicts established lore way too often. Like, the Horcrux wasn't what mattered in that fight. Harry was still master of the Elder Wand and should have won. Having a Horcrux only ensures that your soul can remain tethered to the Earth and potentially be returned to a body, not that you become physically indestructible. Even if Nagini survived Voldemort should've been set back to square one once his curse rebounded again. And why is Snape still alive if Voldemort killed him to become master of the wand? Or just the fact that Cedric Diggory apparently became an evil monster out of nowhere because he got embarrassed in the Triwizard tournament? It's completely nonsensical even by Harry Potter standards.

WhatIsWritten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like others said, prime moody would win but current moody got captured by fucking Barty Jr💀

Herculean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like others said, prime moody would win but current moody got captured by fucking Barty Jr💀

Barty Crouch Junior is far from weak he is a pretty formidable wizard. Magical knowledge and mastery is directly related to fighting abilities and overall power in Harry Potter. Barty Jr displayed incredible magical skills and knowledge especially considering the circumstances and the fact that he is a young wizard. Even Voldemort was impressed. A out of shape and physically destroyed Moody losing to him is not bad.

Anyway, Snape demolish old Moody but might get beaten by Prime Alastor. Snape knowledge and magical mastery is second to none, only the God Tier and flamel surpass him. Hell, he is so competent that he is the only one among the Death Eaters who was taught to fly without a broom in the books. Something not even Bellatrix can do.