• 57 results
#1 Posted by Doomhunter (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would win....In my personal opinion I think it would be Windu....

#2 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

a hard one it would be... lol ehrmm seeing from the point in SW III that mace went Head to head with the emporer... (even though the emporer let him do it to get anakin on his side) ill vote for SAMUEL L JACKSON!

#3 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

"Pass me my Lightsaber" <-- Windu

"Which one is it master" <-- Wimpering voice

"The one that says 'bad mother fker' on the base!" <-- Windu

M

#4 Posted by Doomhunter (289 posts) - - Show Bio

"(even though the emporer let him do it to get anakin on his side)"

I ain't so sure about that...it seemed so real...the emperor looked so....."beaten"

#5 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

""Pass me my Lightsaber" <-- Windu "Which one is it master" <-- Wimpering voice "The one that says 'bad mother f**ker' on the base!" <-- Windu M"

LOL!

But seriously.....Obi-Wan beat Anakin....Windu didn't.

Although Mace is cooler.

#6 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Windu was stabbed in the back though. Damn that Anakin.

I reckon Obi Wan could win it. Even though he has the simplest type of fighting and it is totally based on defence, that's where his advantage is.

#7 Posted by Aseptic (297 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"Methos says:
""Pass me my Lightsaber" <-- Windu "Which one is it master" <-- Wimpering voice "The one that says 'bad mother f**ker' on the base!" <-- Windu M"
LOL! But seriously.....Obi-Wan beat Anakin....Windu didn't. Although Mace is cooler."

totally

#8 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84632 posts) - - Show Bio

Mace. He was a master before Obi Wan, Yoda didn't let Kenobi face the Emperor cause he wasn't strong enough. Mace Owned the Emperor. I thought I heard somewhere that Mace was the best swordsmen of the Jedi.

#9 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84632 posts) - - Show Bio

Aseptic says:

"Sparda says:
"Methos says:
LOL! But seriously.....Obi-Wan beat Anakin....Windu didn't. Although Mace is cooler."

totally"

King of Kings says:

"Mace. He was a master before Obi Wan, Yoda didn't let Kenobi face the Emperor cause he wasn't strong enough. Mace Owned the Emperor. I thought I heard somewhere that Mace was the best swordsmen of the Jedi. "
#10 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#11 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Mace. He was a master before Obi Wan, Yoda didn't let Kenobi face the Emperor cause he wasn't strong enough. Mace Owned the Emperor. I thought I heard somewhere that Mace was the best swordsmen of the Jedi. "

he was definitely a Jedi Weapon Master according to one of the books. (Weapon master is a class of Jedi Master who focuses solely on mastering the Lightsaber in combat over the Force)

M

#12 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84632 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, thanks M.

#13 Posted by Doomhunter (289 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

..whoa....didn't now that...

#14 Posted by Doomhunter (289 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

..whoa....didn't know that...

#15 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Cool, thanks M."

i think it was mentioned in "Star Wars: Outbound Flight" that he was a Weapon Master... but don't quote me on that as i don't have the book to hand

M

#16 Posted by iwan (572 posts) - - Show Bio

Are any of the books any good M ? I've only read the Mandalorian Armor and though it was kind of average.

#17 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Outbound Flight was damn good, i really enjoyed that one...

the New Jedi Order set are actually a pretty good read...

M

#18 Posted by iwan (572 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, I might get one if I ever get a day off work :)

#19 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

fair enough...

they are worth reading, though if you're just after good Star Wars fanfic, i'll point you in the right direction

M

#20 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I change my original answer. Seriously, watching Mace in action in the Clone Wars cartoon convinced me others.

He takes on a practical army of droids! BY HIMSELF! AND WINS!

#21 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

Obi-Wan Kenobi.

#22 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

Obi-Wan Kenobi.

#23 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes Mace Windu is a jedi weapon master, and yes he was master before OB1, he also created his own lightsaber style(off an exsisting one) to make it into Vaapad.

OB1 was a master at form 3 (makashi?) the jedi's defensive style. Every jedi master considered OB1 to be one of the best (Mace included).

This battle would of been awesome to see. The master of a offensive style against a master of a defensive stle. Argueably the two best swordsmen besides Yoda.

If the fight was in a set area Mace would win.

If it was in the middle of larger battle I think OB1 would win. His ability to pick his fights and strategy was unequaled.

#24 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84632 posts) - - Show Bio

Only two Jedi's ever bested Mace in a duel.

He was widely regarded as second only to Yoda.

Obi barely survived his fight with Jango

Mace opened up a can, and killed him.

Mace was able to use powers that bordered on the Dark Side, without giving in.

You say Obi was a master of form 3, but Mace's Vaaped style is form 7.

It wouldn't matter where this battle took place, Mace would own Obi.

#25 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about own. He would win the majority like maybe 7/10.

OB1's was second to none in the abiity to adapt and overcome, that is why I say he will win if it's just a random meeting.

OB1 being master of 3 and Mace being a master at 7 means nothing, except they both mastered a lightsaber form. Just because it's the 7th form doesn't mean it's any better than form 3 or 5.

#26 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10075 posts) - - Show Bio

No doubt...

#27 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84632 posts) - - Show Bio

Windu is not only a fully recognized Jedi Master... but he is also responsible for creating the lightsaber combat style Vaapad, which he designed and implemented himself before it grew to be fully recognized as the full seventh Masters form of lightsaber combat.

Vaapad creates a superconducting loop that reflects the enemy's attack while allowing for great speed and power. Named after a predatory animal on one of the moons of Sarapin that used multiple tentacles for a blindingly fast attack. Vaapad is a penumbra of the dark side in its requirement for the user to actually enjoy the thrill of the fight, and the thrill of victory.

ignoring the fact that he is so good with a lightsabre he trains other jedi masters for the moment, he also has the unique force ability of seeing "shatterpoints", or faultlines in the Force that could affect the destinies of certain individuals, and indeed the galaxy itself.

Methos

I dont know how you get Obi Wan was a better strategist then Mace Windu. Do you have any evidence to support this claim? Obviously Obi Wan was intelligent, other wise he wouldn't have been a General in the Clone Wars. But Mace was a High General
Post Edited:2008-01-22 01:21:26

#28 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Only two Jedi's ever bested Mace in a duel. He was widely regarded as second only to Yoda. Obi barely survived his fight with Jango Mace opened up a can, and killed him. Mace was able to use powers that bordered on the Dark Side, without giving in. You say Obi was a master of form 3, but Mace's Vaaped style is form 7. It wouldn't matter where this battle took place, Mace would own Obi. "

well after that ,mace

#29 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it was OB1 that they sent on almost every important mission. Also if you haven't (or care) you should read up on the OB1 legacy. Yes the skywalker's were not the only gifted one.

Windu used part of the exsisting form Juyo to create his Vaapad. I know all about the jedi forms and can tell you about each of them if you wanted. Do you know that Windu also failed one(might be two I' have to check) of his old padawans. For when they used HIS style it either corrupted them to the dark side or put them into a coma. Windu also broke the jedi code with his feelings towards the senate. I can go on about things windu has done and also tell you some other amazing feats he's done as well, but just because he created(completed) a lightsaber form doesnt mean he is any better at fighting. Windu was good because of his shatterpoint his ability to read and find a weakness.

Do I believe OB1 can beat windu? Yes without a doubt I know he can. But I also know how good mace is/was and that he would be able to win most of the fghts. If you think that OB1 doesn't stand a chance then you need to do some reasearch on who he is and what all he has done.

#30 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84632 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Because it was OB1 that they sent on almost every important mission. Also if you haven't (or care) you should read up on the OB1 legacy. Yes the skywalker's were not the only gifted one.Windu used part of the exsisting form Juyo to create his Vaapad. I know all about the jedi forms and can tell you about each of them if you wanted. Do you know that Windu also failed one(might be two I' have to check) of his old padawans. For when they used HIS style it either corrupted them to the dark side or put them into a coma. Windu also broke the jedi code with his feelings towards the senate. I can go on about things windu has done and also tell you some other amazing feats he's done as well, but just because he created(completed) a lightsaber form doesnt mean he is any better at fighting. Windu was good because of his shatterpoint his ability to read and find a weakness.Do I believe OB1 can beat windu? Yes without a doubt I know he can. But I also know how good mace is/was and that he would be able to win most of the fghts. If you think that OB1 doesn't stand a chance then you need to do some reasearch on who he is and what all he has done."

What are you talking about the Skywalkers for? How does that factor into Obi Wan beating Mace? You say mastering a form (that no one else was strong enough to) doesn't mean he's a better fighter, really? I don't see how it doesn't. Not only was his fighting style unique, the crystal he used to create his one of a kind lightsaber was as well. He spear headed many (well known) mission, both diplomatic and peacekeeping. You do know Mace was a Jedi Master long before Obi Wan right? Does this count for nothing? Does the fact that Mace had the Emperor beat, and Yoda told Obi Wan he wasn't strong enough to beat him count for nothing? You still haven't told me what makes Obi Wan a better tactician, simply being sent on mission means what exactly? As if Mace was never sent to handle a situation before. What about the Force Crush Mace used? Its one of the darkest force maneuvers known to the Sith as well as the Jedi. Never seen Obi Wan use that, maybe I need to read Obi Wan Legacy to see that, not sure. The simple truth is Mace used force powers Obi Wan either couldn't, or wouldn't use. And this puts him at a HUGE disadvantage. Clearly Mace was willing to do things most Jedi wouldn't. Does Obi Wan have a chance? Of course, just about everyone in a fight has some sort of chance, I don't need to read up on one of the most famous characters to know that. But if you know Mace like you claim to, then you know Mace wins this fight 99% of the time.
Post Edited:2008-01-22 02:08:06

#31 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Him mastering/creating a form doesn't mean anything. In this fight or any other him creating a style has no effect. Mastering one however does, which they both have. As for examples of OB1 being a better tactician I never said that. I said he was ONE of the best if not the best. Wind too is an excellant one, but again his has to do with his shatterpoint. If you take that ability away from Mace he's taken down a few notches. OB1 didn't use force crush and to use it on a liveing being was considered dark (droids was an exception). I still don't see Mace wnning this 99% of the time. Best I could possiably give him would be 8/10 and that's being generous.

I along with any believe that the Emperor let Windu get him in that state, so he could use that chance to fully turn Anikan. (but thats a whole other debate, of course I have a number of problems with things mace did throughout his career, along with a few others.)

On a side note I decided to read the bios some of the star wars guys have here, and found a number of things wrong. It also appeared that most the info statted came from the movies (which isnt bad, its just theres a lot more info out there).

#32 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84632 posts) - - Show Bio

The style Obi Wan first learned, he ditched for a more defense style. This style was simplistic yet solid. This to me says its a common form and could be seen just about anywhere. Hence easily defended.

Mace's style was mastered by him and him alone. Again, to me this says its a rare style and there for not easily defended, cause there's only one place to see it.

If you take shatterpoint away from Mace? Why not tie his hands behind his back while your at it. I would love to handicap characters in battle threads to, doesn't mean I do it. I'd also like to add, he didn't learn shatterpoint, it came naturally.

Mace enjoyed fighting, he embraced it. Not very Jedi of him but thats the way his character was created. Hence his use of powers considered to by on the Dark Side of the Force.

I haven't even brought up his blinding speed yet.

#33 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler; If you take shatterpoint away from Mace? Why not tie his hands behind his back while your at it. I would love to handicap characters in battle threads to, doesn't mean I do it. I'd also like to add, he didn't learn shatterpoint, it came naturally.

Exactly he already starts with an advantage. In truth a very unfair one. But that's part of who he is.

His blinding speed is capable by any jedi. It's part of the force, OB1 even uses it several times in the movies.

Still havent figured out how to break quotes down yet. rambles off to himelf...stupid computer

#34 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84632 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand you see it as an unfair advantage, but doesn't change the fact that he has it, and would use it. Yes all Jedi have blinding speed, but during his fight with Haruun Kal, he landed six shots in the blink of an eye. I've seen Obi Wan run fast in the movie, but never unleash a flurry of punches that like that.

If we count the short cartoons as canon, Mace tore into those battle droids with his bare hands. Obi Wan hurt his when he punch Grevous.

Mace was on the Jedi High Council like 12 years before Obi Wan came along. Thats just the High council. Experience doesn't automatically mean he wins, but it has to count for something.

#35 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

The clone wars saga cartoon's I look at like this. You remember the kid Mace jumps upto and grabs the bottle from he get a drink of water before he goes back into the fray? Well I look at that entire cartoon series to be seen as in the eyes of a kid who believes the jedi to be thier superheros. Pretty much over-exxagerating things to a point. But thats just me and how I view them.

We both agree that Mace will win, it's just we seem to disagree on OB1's chances.

#36 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

OB1 is my favorite out of the jedi and I think he was the closest to embody what a jedi should of been. My second would be Luke but not till well after the movies, when he really came into his own.

#37 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84632 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats a fair assessment, as far as it pertains to that one battle (Mace was in) But clearly he Forced Crushed Grevious' chest, as he was still feeling thee effects in the movie.

To me Obi Wan is one of those meat an potatoes type characters. Well rounded in all areas and constant.

#38 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84632 posts) - - Show Bio

Mace is one of my favs. But I really like Luminara Unduli, Skaak Ti, and Barriss Offee.

#39 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. Obi-wan should be able to beat Windu. not most of the times but he could.

zzzzzzzzzzz

#40 Posted by zebari (515 posts) - - Show Bio

obi wan wins cause emperor let mace beat him cause he wont anakin to tun evil anakin owned mace obi wan owned anakin so obi wan would own windu.

#41 Posted by Da Starkiller (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Tch Mace Windu of corse simply cuz Obi-Wan Kenobi sucks ballz

#42 Posted by Loaded Revolver (1417 posts) - - Show Bio

Obi Wan.

#43 Posted by nathandan1222 (1807 posts) - - Show Bio
zebari said:
"obi wan wins cause emperor let mace beat him cause he wont anakin to tun evil anakin owned mace obi wan owned anakin so obi wan would own windu."

good point
#44 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

My votes on Obi-Wan

#45 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

by the way, to mast 7 you have to master all the others. so basically Mace could use any he wishes against Obi.

#46 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

I have huge problem with Windu's hype.....Nothing means more than starwars movies and I am sorry I will dump all over windu fans by saying hes got  about zero impressive feats in the movies. Yoda Luke Obiwan and Anakin all have been far more impressive. Windu's greatest win is a kill over Jango and at best a stale mate with emperor (who I believe would gone to draw against Kenobi Yoda and anakin) So nothing impressive there.

And noone better come in and say Kenobi had a hard time with Jango because he was trying to catch him not kill him....thats why he had a hard time.

No jedi has more impressive feats than Kenobi not even Anakin/darth vader I will base my vote on this and say that Windu would loose this fight And I would also say that I rank him last among the top jedi.....IMO
Kenobi
Anakin
Luke
Yoda
Windu

this is based on feats in the movies not extended U crap or proclamied feats in various books

#47 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

So this is based on movie not Cannon books which mean just as much? 

Hmm.... some how i doubt your knowledge
#48 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

I Love(d) Luminara Unduli, Barriss Offee, Aayla Secura, and Shaak Ti.  Shaak Ti was my #1 favorite.  She was so cute in clone wars, and after she had that fight with those Magna gaurds, I was even more sold (Jar'Kai bitches!).

Anywho, Mace is a beast. 

#49 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by Braise (1284 posts) - - Show Bio
White Mage said:
"I wish the cartoons gave Shaak Ti more fights that she wins.  She's a powerful sage master, and she shines when she's fighting in crowds.  Anyone who can do this deserves to be shown kicking droid ass in the cartoons. 

She's freakin dodging them.  She's not even using her saber!  Hollow spaces in montrals pay off. 

caption
caption
caption
"
Totally agree with you there, White Mage. What get's me even angrier with the whole Lucas staff is the fact that they seem adamant on bringing Grievous down, notch by notch. In his first appearance, he takes down Shaak Ti (Miss Dodge-a-million-blaster-bolts) and Ki-Adi-Mundi, two High Councellor members along with a host of other jedi members, single handedly (and without even breaking a sweat). In fact, he took down Shaak Ti twice. He took care of Asajj Ventress and Durge quite easily as well. In his recent appearance in The Clone Wars, he gets downed/gtfo-pwn'd by Kit Fisto. Talk about PIBS.

Anyhow, I'd like to say Mace wins this. It could go either way really, but many put Mace on the level of Yoda and Dooku when it comes to lightsaber combat. Then again, OB1 has been acknowledged to rival both Mace and Yoda in lightsaber combat. Then again, OB1 did beat Maul, who killed Qui Gon, who was said to match Mace in lightsaber practice (despite being 20 years his senior). Then again, Mace easily took care of Jango, who managed to escape after a tough struggle with OB1. Then again, Mace was said to match Dooku (and did outmaneuver him in Star Wars: Obsession), who knocked the crap outta OB1. Then again, OB1 took care of Anakin (and got out of the fight without a scrach), who completely blindsided Mace Windu.... the list goes on, my friend.

Flip a coin, you'll have better luck coming up with an answer. It's pointless arguing who's the better tactician, as they're both highly experienced and highly talented. Although, I'd have to say there was a reason Mace was 2nd in command in the Jedi Council. Then again..