Round 2:Force only.
Round 3:All out.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Been done. Mace would have the edge in skill, due to Tenebrous's lack of showings and just lack of exposition in that area, but Tenebrous is clearly more powerful and would win in the all-out match due to his raw speed/agility and power.

That said, Mace has nothing to stop Tenebrous's maxi-chlorians from migrating into his body if he does die.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 juiceboks  Moderator

Tenebrous due to greater power in force practitioning.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: Technically, just being more powerful won't be enough because we know Tenebrous loves dueling and would engage in that, so his vastly superior speed does play a significant role.

LamLam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tenebrous wins after some struggle.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamlam said:

I doubt he would struggle in round 2.

LamLam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamlam said:

I doubt he would struggle in round 2.

I was referring the the third round only.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShootingNova

@lamlam: How many rounds out of ten?

Do you reckon Tenebrous could beat Mace in round 1? To be honest, I view Tenebrous at Maul's level for skill, but obviously he has the better speed feats as well.

LamLam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LamLam

@shootingnova: Each time. And yeah, I do believe that. I consider him comparably skilled and considerably faster.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamlam: I doubt he would win 10/10 in round 1, though.

LamLam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Even if Tenebrous is slightly less skilled, it's more than enough for him to last until his quickness starts to overwhelm Mace.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShootingNova

@lamlam: I'd probably be willing to give him up to say, 9/10 or so, but not every time. The difference between their speed is considerable but not so much that it would be an instant win or get-out-of-jail-free card.

LamLam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: But it's not as if Mace's edge with a lightsaber is anything more than marginal, if it even exists (?), whereas Tenebrous' edge in quickness is pretty big and would serve well against Mace whose entire fighting style is about being one attacking, not the one defending.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamlam: Fair enough, but Mace's skill edge definitely exists. Plagueis is only as skilful as Mace at best, so, to be honest, I doubt Tenebrous is quite that skilful, though he's only slightly behind.

LamLam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: What evidence and/or inference supports the notion that Plagueis is more skilled than his master?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamlam: Tenebrous just lacks skill showings. Now, my general inference is that he enjoys and seemingly practices blade combat extensively, whereas Plagueis despises it, so they might be equal, but generally, I think we can assume that the apprentice is at least slightly more skilful than his or her master when they reach their prime, as far as the Banite Sith is concerned.

I thought new users can't make more than five posts a day. Guess they removed that restriction.

LamLam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Plagueis' only feat is beating Tenebrous' own apprentice, who seemed to preach the idea that Tenebrous all-powerful and was in awe when Plagueis informed him about the death of the Bith. There is absolutely no way that Venamis is superior or even equal to Tenebrous, IMO.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamlam: Maybe, but I'd still place Plagueis minimally over Tenebrous. It just seems more logical.

The easier question, and the one that fits the context of this match-up better, is what feats/implications does Tenebrous have to render him as an equivalently skilful duelist to Plagueis?

LamLam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LamLam

@shootingnova: The fact that he trained him, the fact that he apparantly had the merit to speak of Plagueis' skill and praise it, and the fact that he enjoyed dueling more than Plagueis did. All of those points lead me to believe that he's similar to Plagueis with a lightsaber. It's certainly more than there is to support the opposite.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamlam: Plagueis trained Palpatine in the arts of a blade but he was certainly not as skilled as he was, and Tenebrous also trained Venamis, who lost to Plagueis. Based on the fact that he trained him, I think we can say Plagueis would have been constantly criticizing/praising him as well.

Tenebrous enjoyed dueling more than Palpatine did, as well, who deemed it a waste of time and beneath the Sith Order, but that hardly makes them equivalent in skill.

LamLam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: I just find the points I listed more convincing than yours, which is more of an assumption than anything, since Banite Sith surpassing their masters only pertains to their abilities as Force adepts, not lightsaber duelists. But we don't really have enough info to form more than mere opinions.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ShootingNova

@lamlam: Your first two points are fairly irrelevant and don't necessarily indicate anything. Your last sentiment is one I share as well, but I still don't think it makes Tenebrous equal to Plagueis. Sometimes, strength in the Force is a deciding factor in how skilful you are (for instance, Bane being stronger in the Force than Kas'im made him a more skilful duelist, by strong implication, at least), and Plagueis is definitely stronger in the Force than Tenebrous, which means his innate handling of a lightsaber is better than Tenebrous's. Unless the disparity between how much they enjoy dueling is enough to cancel that out, I see Plagueis as slightly more skilled.

But you're right, there's literally no exposition on this matter so we're forced to rely on what we personally deem as reasonable, but we're all biased in a sense so it's difficult to debate this topic.

LamLam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LamLam

@shootingnova: Let's just cut it there. We both agree that Tenebrous enjoys an advantage in all rounds.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 juiceboks  Moderator

@shootingnova: Yea I meant to include augmenting his speed with the Force under Force practitioning.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I can't see Tenebrous ever losing to be honest.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mace.

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By okayalright_44

Tenebrous 8-9/10 times.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@okayalright_44: What?

Mace sinks into Vapaad and destroys that motherfu****! XD

He beat Palpatine who is the most powerful Sith Lord.

Samuel L. Jackson>>>>>>>Palps>>>>>>Tenebrous

@erkan12 said:

Mace.

Thank you erkan12. Finally someone says that right answer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been done. Mace would have the edge in skill, due to Tenebrous's lack of showings and just lack of exposition in that area, but Tenebrous is clearly more powerful and would win in the all-out match due to his raw speed/agility and power.

That said, Mace has nothing to stop Tenebrous's maxi-chlorians from migrating into his body if he does die.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By Erkan12

Round 2 can go to Tenebrous though, mostly because Mace doesn't have any answer for Tenebrous's force lightning without his saber. And Tenebrous has a TK feat, which can compete with Mace's TK feats...

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joead624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe: mace was so powerful against Palpatine that he was unable to defend his allies. Brilliant as always

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for beingfatissupercool
Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mace because if Mace can beat Sidious , he sure can beat any other sith lord 1 vs 1

EDIT : to all the naive people who think Sidious faked the fight , Sidious tried to force push Windu 50 meters outside the window, but thanks to a lucky shot move by Windu he stayed inside the room which Sidious didn't expect , the end .

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joead624: I hope you know I was joking. XD

Mace because if Mace can beat Sidious , he sure can beat any other sith lord 1 vs 1

EDIT : to all the naive people who think Sidious faked the fight , Sidious tried to force push Windu 50 meters outside the window, but thanks to a lucky shot move by Windu he stayed inside the room which Sidious didn't expect , the end .

Also:

"Okay, well, this sequence always started out with Mace overpowering Palpatine, and then Palpatine using his powers to try to destroy Mace, and Mace deflecting his rays with his lightsaber. And it always was that Anakin cut the lightsaber out of his hand. But this part where he pretends to lose his power and be weak was something that I added later, 'cause this is, it moved the point where Anakin turns down to this moment right here, and you can see now, that it's very clear that he's, he, he wants him to go on trial so he can pump him for information about how to get these powers."

--Taken from the Revenge of the Sith commentary

Straight from Lucas himself.

joead624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe: my bad a lot of ppl think that way tho. This other guy does. It just baffles me

Avatar image for beingfatissupercool
Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, Windu kills this nearly featless guy in a saber fight.

Tenebrous beats Windu in a force battle.

ALL OUT: I say it would be a draw.

Mije_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samuel L. takes it.

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers