#1 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio
Mace Windu Unleashed

No prep, morals off, bloodlust off.

Battle takes place on Tython.

Battle ends in KO or death.

Who wins?

#2 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

I am quite ignorant on Windu but from what I know of DN, he stomps this.

#3 Posted by Wonderbrezzy (221 posts) - - Show Bio

Mace

#4 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

What about drain? Can Mace defend against that?

#5 Posted by MorganFreeman (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Nihilus wins if he can drain Windu. If he can't then I imagine Mace takes the cake. Shatterpoint on Nihilus would be... interesting.

We don't really know just how strong Nihilus is outside of his powerful drain ability. He cut Traya off from the Force for the most part when he and Sion usurped leadership from her, manhandled Sion in some cut content and then lost to the Exile with Canderous and Visas. That's all we've seen him do in combat.

#6 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@MorganFreeman said:

Nihilus wins if he can drain Windu. If he can't then I imagine Mace takes the cake. Shatterpoint on Nihilus would be... interesting.

We don't really know just how strong Nihilus is outside of his powerful drain ability. He cut Traya off from the Force for the most part when he and Sion usurped leadership from her, manhandled Sion in some cut content and then lost to the Exile with Canderous and Visas. That's all we've seen him do in combat.

I don't quite understand Shatterpoint, can you explain it?

#7 Posted by JediXMan (31029 posts) - - Show Bio

@MorganFreeman said:

O_O

You are the first new user who actually mentioned... actually mentioned that Nihilus was able to cut Kreia off from the Force.

Bravo, good sir.

#8 Posted by MorganFreeman (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Shatterpoint allows the user to sense weaknesses within an individual. It would be interesting to see if Mace could expose something through shatterpoint use, though I doubt he would need to use shatterpoint or boost himself through Vapaad if he can withstand Nihilus attempting to drain him.

That's really what it comes down to in my book: whether Nihilus can drain Windu.

#9 Posted by JediXMan (31029 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn said:

@MorganFreeman said:

I don't quite understand Shatterpoint, can you explain it?

Shatterpoint allows Mace - and other users of it - to see the tiny structural weaknesses in objects and people, exploiting it through physical contact.

A very simple example of Shatterpoint's application
#10 Posted by JediXMan (31029 posts) - - Show Bio

@MorganFreeman said:

Shatterpoint allows the user to sense weaknesses within an individual. It would be interesting to see if Mace could expose something through shatterpoint use, though I doubt he would need to use shatterpoint or boost himself through Vapaad if he can withstand Nihilus attempting to drain him.

That's really what it comes down to in my book: whether Nihilus can drain Windu.

If you're curious, Silver and I discussed Nihilus at length in the Nihilus vs Exar Kun thread. We discussed multiple feats and showings for Nihilus.

Link.

#11 Edited by MorganFreeman (446 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@MorganFreeman said:

O_O

You are the first new user who actually mentioned... actually mentioned that Nihilus was able to cut Kreia off from the Force.

Bravo, good sir.

I'm glad I can make a good impression. :)

And I'll give the thread with you and Silver a look through. He made an outstanding post yesterday about Mace vs Dooku so I'm interested in what he can say about Nihilus.

-

30 minutes later and I'm done with the first page of that thread. You two really know your Star Wars and can debate very well. I think I know which two people to ask Star Wars related questions to if I need answers.

#12 Posted by Bossmonster (2291 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is a question, while shatterpoint is effect, would Vaapad lose it's effectiveness? With Nihlus being like a dead post in the force (or at least I remember it being something to that effect) would Vaapad lose a step at all?

#13 Posted by ComicStooge (13466 posts) - - Show Bio

@MorganFreeman said:

@JediXMan said:

@MorganFreeman said:

O_O

Bravo, good sir.

I'm glad I can make a good impression. :)

And I'll give the thread with you and Silver a look through. He made an outstanding post yesterday about Mace vs Dooku so I'm interested in what he can say about Nihilus.

-

30 minutes later and I'm done with the first page of that thread. You two really know your Star Wars and can debate very well. I think I know which two people to ask Star Wars related questions to if I need answers.

You wouldn't happen to have a link to that, would you?

#14 Posted by terry2012 (5544 posts) - - Show Bio

@MorganFreeman: This.

#15 Edited by MorganFreeman (446 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge: @terry2012: Here you go: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/mace-windu-vs-count-dooku/15935/?page=3

@Bossmonster said:

Here is a question, while shatterpoint is effect, would Vaapad lose it's effectiveness? With Nihlus being like a dead post in the force (or at least I remember it being something to that effect) would Vaapad lose a step at all?

I'm not entire sure how Vapaad would work against wounds in the Force like Nihilus or if it would work at all. Personally, I don't think Mace would need to boost himself as he did against Palpatine. I believe his own natural abilities would be sufficient to defeat Nihilus.

#16 Posted by terry2012 (5544 posts) - - Show Bio

@MorganFreeman: Thanks.

#17 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you think on this battle?

#18 Posted by ComicStooge (13466 posts) - - Show Bio

@MorganFreeman: Thank you, Mr Freeman.

#19 Edited by Bossmonster (2291 posts) - - Show Bio

@MorganFreeman:

Hmm. Well, my thoughts on that where that it was something that happened by design, no much by choice. In that, The Emperor was a vat of Darkside power and Vaapad responded because it was the nature of the style. I maybe completely wrong about this. But it's for that reason that I believe or rather question waht Vaapad would do or how it would react to someone like Nihilus.
#20 Posted by ShootingNova (18423 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn: Nihilus can win if he gets in a successful drain, in any other circumstance Windu stomps.