Mace Windu vs Count Dooku

MaceWindu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MaceWindu

Mace Windu from revenge of the sith vs Count dooku from attack of the clones. The fight takes place in the place where Dooku fought Obi-wan and Anakin in attack of the clones.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Phaedrusgr

Isn't it clear? Mace Windu can deal with Dooku.(Cinematic version of Windu dealt with Sidious)*

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Silver2467

What exactly has Mace done to prove he is so clearly superior to Dooku? Fight as a perfect equal to Sidious while Mace's own power and speed was monumentally amped? Stalemate General Grievous, whose mobility was restricted and who was only using two lightsabers against Mace as opposed to his usual four? Not good enough.

Yoda said that on even ground, Mace only might be equal to Dooku. More than that, Dooku has beaten Mace before. Dooku has also beaten Obi-Wan, Anakin, Asajj Ventress, General Grievous, Sora Bulq, Tholme, and held his own against Yoda, who is the best duelist in the Order. I seen no reason to believe this is so evidently determinable when Tyranus has a greater number of victories in duels and has himself defeated Mace. A case could be constructed for either side, but to conclude this as if the answer is obviously in Mace's favor could probably pass as a specious assessment on this site but not a canonically veracious one.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Dooku.

*Void*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By *Void*

Mace is better in terms of lightsaber combat but when it comes to use of the force Dooku has an edge

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@MaceWindu said:

@JediXMan: Mace.

What a wonderful counter argument. Truly thought provoking.

And clearly, you are completely unbiased, considering your username.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Silver2467
@MaceWindu said:

@Silver2467: Yes you do make a good point but at the battle of Boz pity towards the end of the clone wars in a brief duel Mace defeated Dooku very quickly and dooku had to call in his magnaguards to distract Mace long enough to escape. So there is something in favor of Mace

This never really happened; this is just a misconception perpetuated by wikis. In Obsession on Boz Pity, Dooku's plans had already been realized, and several Jedi, including many Council members, were spreading out across the battle field. Dooku was intent on leaving, not fighting, and when Mace confronted him, Dooku just taunted him the entire time, then called two MagnaGuards to prevent Mace from engaging him further. The duel itself only lasted a few panels, and Tyranus never demonstrated any interest in it at all. After Mace was obstructed by the MagnaGuards, Dooku casually clipped his lightsaber to his belt and walked away.

and may i ask when did Mace fight Grievous because i though Mace defeated Grievous in seconds using his force powers.

Labyrinth of Evil. Mace and Grievous dueled on top of the mag-lev train. Mace was able to use the Force to attach himself to its surface while the train was in operation, affording him his usual movement capabilities. Conversely, Grievous had to magnetically clamp himself to the train, which hindered his movements. As well, he only used two lightsabers, and in the duel, Mace was never able to beat him. They fought evenly the whole time. Mace eventually "won" by BFRing Grievous by cutting the train itself, causing Grievous' leg to fall into it and then pushed him off the train with the Force. Mace only defeated Grievous in seconds during the TCW cartoon as a means of explaining why Grievous has breathing troubles and in Obsession, when he threw a speeder at Grievous from behind him before Grievous even registered the attack. In a straight duel, Mace never beat him. 

I am in favor of Mace but i guess you are in favor of Dooku Silver2467.

Not necessarily. I am undecided on the outcome personally; I was just saying that this match is closer than most people would probably realize. 

Oh and Mace defeated Sora Bulq aswell.

Mace never beat Sora Bulq. In Mace's Jedi one-shot, he and Sora dueled one another for a couple pages as perfect equals. Neither had any sort of advantage, and neither landed any hits on one another, that I remember. Eventually, Mace decided that Ventress was the real threat he needed to deal with; so he telekinetically pushed Sora away so he could run away toward where she was fighting the other Jedi outside of Sora's estate. Pushing your opponent away and running hardly qualifies as a victory, and even if it did, Mace still never defeated Sora in a duel, as Dooku did. 

I heard somewhere before that the only jedi that could defeat Dooku were Yoda & Mace Windu. I'm not sure if thats true though. So if you had to pick who would win and why who would you say Silver? and thanks for commenting on this i enjoy your posts.

I would say Yoda and Mace are probably the only ones who can beat him. Anakin beat Dooku, but that was somewhat circumstantial (I would rather not open that discussion right now, unless I have to). 

I honestly think that this fight could be a perfect 50/50 split, at least for now. My opinion might change. 

And while were talking i wanted to ask you since Yoda is the best jedi who would say is the second best?

Thanks.

We know, because of what Nick Gillard has said on two different occasions, that Mace was the second best duelist at the time of Attack of the Clones. Who the second best duelist was before Dooku left the Order has never been specified.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Also, hate to be a downer (... well not really. I'm just saying that to be somewhat nice, but this parenthetically stated comment kind of negates that. I do not care), but this has been done before.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Billy Batson

Dooku
BB

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@JediXMan said:
Also, hate to be a downer (... well not really. I'm just saying that to be somewhat nice, but this parenthetically stated comment kind of negates that. I do not care), but this has been done before.
It's somewhat different since this one specifies versions from separate films, while the other restricts morals and asks for lightsaber skills and force powers.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
@JediXMan said:
It's somewhat different since this one specifies versions from separate films, while the other restricts morals and asks for lightsaber skills and force powers.
Ah, okay.
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fetts

At first I would of said Mace Windu. But after Silver presented some facts that I was not aware of, I think I'd have to agree that it could be 50/50.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By nefarious

Is it a stomp, JXM?