Mace Windu, Plo Koon, and Ki-Adi-Mundi Vs. The Dark Acolytes

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#1  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Three different Jedi take on the Big 3 of Dooku's Dark Acolytes (Ventress, Vos, and Sora Bulq). Can they win?

Setting is an empty and cleared out Echo Base. Anything goes.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Versus

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Bump

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By JamesKM716

Was Sora Bulq even an acolyte?

Regardless Jedi team wins majority.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@JamesKM716: Yes he was. In fact he was Dooku's top Acolyte other than Ventress.

And yes, I agree that the Jedi win a majority, Vos being a weak link.

Mace Vs. Ventress I see going on for a while.

Plo Koon or Ki-Adi-Mundi Vs. Sora Bulq I also see going for a while, but either one of them can kill him after a bit of a duel.

Whoever doesn't take Sora Bulq I feel can keep DS Quinlan at bay long enough for the other to help them after killing Sora. Then its 3 Jedi against Ventress at which point she runs like she always does.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JamesKM716

@shroudofsorrow said:

@JamesKM716: Yes he was. In fact he was Dooku's top Acolyte other than Ventress.

And yes, I agree that the Jedi win a majority, Vos being a weak link.

Mace Vs. Ventress I see going on for a while.

Plo Koon or Ki-Adi-Mundi Vs. Sora Bulq I also see going for a while, but either one of them can kill him after a bit of a duel.

Whoever doesn't take Sora Bulq I feel can keep DS Quinlan at bay long enough for the other to help them after killing Sora. Then its 3 Jedi against Ventress at which point she runs like she always does.

Mace vs Sora=Mace wins.

Ventress vs Koon=Koon wins. (Koon stalemated Ventress with a broken arm; he should be strong enugh to deal with her)

Mundi vs Vos=I actually seee Vos winning this; but i don't know a ton about Mundi's lightsaber capabilities.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@JamesKM716 said:

Mace vs Sora=Mace wins.

Ventress vs Koon=Koon wins. (Koon stalemated Ventress with a broken arm; he should be strong enugh to deal with her)

Mundi vs Vos=I actually seee Vos winning this; but i don't know a ton about Mundi's lightsaber capabilities.

Agreed on the matter of Mace Vs. Sora, as he already showed himself to be be Sora's superior. As for Ventress Vs. Koon, Ventress has stalemated Obi-Wan, who I'd put above Plo Koon.

Mundi doesn't have too many lightsaber feats of note, but the one feat he DOES have is a good one, namely holding his own against General Grievous for an unknown but possibly long length of time while somewhat exhausted. I'd say that puts him slightly above Vos personally.

PS: I know its remarkably shameless, but do you think you could maybe take a look at my two most recent posted threads and share your thoughts? I haven't yet gotten any opinions on either one...

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JamesKM716

@shroudofsorrow said:

Agreed on the matter of Mace Vs. Sora, as he already showed himself to be be Sora's superior. As for Ventress Vs. Koon, Ventress has stalemated Obi-Wan, who I'd put above Plo Koon.

Mundi doesn't have too many lightsaber feats of note, but the one feat he DOES have is a good one, namely holding his own against General Grievous for an unknown but possibly long length of time while somewhat exhausted. I'd say that puts him slightly above Vos personally.

PS: I know its remarkably shameless, but do you think you could maybe take a look at my two most recent posted threads and share your thoughts? I haven't yet gotten any opinions on either one...

Koon has stalemated Ventress, with a broken arm. Imagine how good he is with no broken arms.

and sure.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@JamesKM716: I suppose. The problem though is that its kind of hard to say just HOW good Plo is with both arms in good shape. He doesn't have too many other lightsaber feats that I know of.

Regardless, I think I can put Plo at roughly Obi-Wan's level, since both have stalemated Ventress. I see a duel between the two going on for a while either way.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JamesKM716

@shroudofsorrow said:

Regardless, I think I can put Plo at roughly Obi-Wan's level, since both have stalemated Ventress. I see a duel between the two going on for a while either way.

The difference being that Plo stalemated Ventress, with one arm. That clearly puts him at least marginally above Obi-Wan.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Silver2467

Koon is not better than Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan has actually beaten Ventress before, and Koon was the one at a disadvantage by the end of his duel with Ventress. Besides that, Koon handily lost to Savage Opress. Obi-Wan is the better swordsman by a noticeable degree.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@Silver2467: HA! I knew it.

Also, what is your analysis of the battle? Who do you think wins?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By ShootingNova

@JamesKM716: @shroudofsorrow: Koon has knocked one of Ventress's sabers out of her hands, but then Ventress was gaining the advantage sooner on. And yes, I do realize Koon was utilizing one arm for that fight.

But, Obi-Wan is still superior to Koon.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@ShootingNova: So who do you think wins the fight?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
deactivated-5a98875cd0f94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm... I say Jedi, but it can depend on matchups. Mace vs Ventress- Mace easy/Mid difficulty. Mace has already dueled Ventress, and it lasted about fifteen seconds. Ventress fled. Mace vs Vos- Mace. More skilled, more powerful with the Force. They've sparred. Mace hit Vos in the face with his saber hilt. Mace vs Bulq- Happened already. Mace owned Bulq with TK. Koon vs Ventress- Happened already. With a broken arm, Plo beat her. She was fully fit. Koon vs Vos- Koon is an equal or better then Vos in bladework, and he gets easy TK edge. Koon. Koon vs Bulq- Koon for a slight majority.

Mundi vs Ventress- Ventress after a very good fight. Mundi vs Vos- Dunno... stalemate? Mundi vs Bulq- Bulq, slightly. Mundi is the weak link. Team Jedi, anyway.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Team 1 due to Mace, tbh.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mace solos.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mace Windu vs Quinlan Vos - Windu 10/10

Mace Windu vs Asajj Ventress - Windu 10/10

Mace Windu vs Sora Bulq - Windu 10/10

Plo Koon vs Quinlan Vos - Koon 10/10

Plo Koon vs Asajj Ventress - Koon 10/10

Plo Koon vs Sora Bulq - Probably Koon

Ki Adi Mundi vs Quinlan Vos - Mundi 10/10

Ki Adi Mundi vs Asajj Ventress - Mundi 10/10

Ki Adi Mundi vs Sore Bulq - Probably Mundi

Team 1, 10/10

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mace carries his team to victory on the basis of him being able to one-shot anyone here.

Which is good because Ventress and arguably Bulq could solo either of Windu's teammates while Vos would beat either individually

AnonymousJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dawn_of_Ages

A case can be made for Mace soloing, tbh.

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Five years ago, someone said that Vos was the weak link, but in Legends, Vos killed Bulq, one of the Jedi's great saber duelists. In canon, Vos defeated Dooku in saber combat when Dooku had the home field advantage.

Based on Legends content, Bulq would likely defeat KAM and Koon, individually, but it would be close each time.

Ventress can defeat KAM and Koon, individually. She is canonically a handful for the Jedi Dynamic Duo, so I'm not sure how Koon or Mundi will score a victory over her. Savage almost killed Koon while also fighting several clones shooting at him, and Ventress can hold her own against him. I would rate Koon > Mundi, so I don't have a problem saying she'd defeat either of them individually.

All that said, though, I agree that Mace is the MVP, but he would not solo. He's not simultaneously defeating all three at their best because as a team they are too powerful.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redheathen:

but in Legends, Vos killed Bulq, one of the Jedi's great saber duelists.

Vos was stomped by Bulq until a last minute amp from Aalya and Tholme allowed him to "TPM Maul" Bulq.

In canon, Vos defeated Dooku in saber combat when Dooku had the home field advantage.

This is Legends. Also what home field advantage did Dooku have? He didn't even use the environment in that fight.

I agree that Mace is the MVP, but he would not solo.

Mentally hindered Mace could one-shot Bulq. Mace also one-shotted Legends Vos in a single strike. Ventress is the only one who stands a chance here and even then Mace can blast or ragdoll her aside at his leisure.

He absolutely can solo

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anonymousjedi:

Because of his showing on Hypori. The guy, having gone for weeks without food, water, or any rest whatsoever, fighting droids 24/7, managed to contend with the strongest iteration of General Grievous, outlasting by far notable Jedi swordsman like K'kruhk, Aayla Secura and Daakman Barrek, and even legendary Jedi Shaak Ti.

Mundi did all this while:

A. Being unbelievably fatigued, as he'd been fighting droids 24/7 for a great length of time, without any rest, food, or water.

B. Being in his 80s, and admittedly past his physical prime, which would enhance the previous disadvantage.

C. Having no knowledge of Greivous' fighting style whatsoever, while Grievous was well-trained in Mundi's.

D. Favoring Form IV, Ataru, a form weak against multiple opponents, blaster bolt deflection, or multiple blades.

There was also a psychological factor, as this was also the first time General Grievous had ever shown himself to the Jedi so boldly. And just minutes prior to his attack, they'd watched Grievous cut down Jedi Master Daakman Barrek(the master of Sha'Gi), who was one of their most accomplished swordsmen. It visibly disheartened the Jedi.

But anyhow, Mundi still managed to fight Grievous as an equal despite all of these devastating disadvantages, although he did eventually lose. The fact that he was able to perform so well against Grievous despite his disadvantages, suggests that when functioning at full capacity, Mundi would be at the very least an equal(if not a superior) to Grievous.

His showing on Hypori is by far his best showing for a plethora of reasons, not all being what I've listed above.

On top of that, Mundi briefly engaged Ventress once, and forced her back, and in the short amount of time they dueled, she visibly lost a lot of ground to him.

Their Force powers are comparable as well.

But anyways, that is why I believe Mundi would best Ventress every time. It would be a good fight, for sure. But I do not believe she has the skill to best him.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mace is the MVP which gives his team a solid victory.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Greysentinel365

The battle of Hypori lasted a day.

Mundi uses Soresu.

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redheathen:

1. but in Legends, Vos killed Bulq, one of the Jedi's great saber duelists.

Vos was stomped by Bulq until a last minute amp from Aalya and Tholme allowed him to "TPM Maul" Bulq.

2. In canon, Vos defeated Dooku in saber combat when Dooku had the home field advantage.

This is Legends. Also what home field advantage did Dooku have? He didn't even use the environment in that fight.

3. I agree that Mace is the MVP, but he would not solo.

Mentally hindered Mace could one-shot Bulq. Mace also one-shotted Legends Vos in a single strike. Ventress is the only one who stands a chance here and even then Mace can blast or ragdoll her aside at his leisure.

He absolutely can solo

1. He was getting beaten by Bulq while having an internal conflict. He did not receive an amp from Tholme and Secura. They used the Force to remind him that there was light in him and that they were there for him, that the light was greater than the anger of darkness. When Vos killed Bulq, it was all Vos.

2. It's not stated in the OP, so this should be open to Legends or canon.

Dooku knew the environment.

3. Mace would defeat any of them individually, and I agree with you that he can one shot Bulq and defeat Vos and Ventress. But as a team they are too strong for him.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lord_Tenebrous

Bump:

Mace solos. He speedblitzes Vos and Ventress, then beats Bulq with medium difficulty. Alternatively, Mace occupies Bulq while Ki-Adi and Plo take down their respective opponents. It doesn't matter which, Ventress and Vos are sub-Council.

And no, while the Battle of Hypori was certainly shorter than weeks, TCW Ki-Adi uses Makashi. On Hypori, based on his stance, he used Ataru.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The battle of Hypori lasted a day.

Mundi uses Soresu.

Mace solos

Mace >>>> Ventress > Bulq > Ki-Adi >Vos > Plo

Masma94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Masma94

Team Jedi clearly takes this, Mace is just too big of an advantage against the Dark Acolytes.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Jedi win

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wrong. CW era Ki-Adi Mundi uses Ataru:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fmpJ1YkQHiZ4fvo3A

And Makashi:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/L9JzqfTeLmyrhjWu9

On Hypori, based on his stance, it's easy to deduce which of these forms Mundi used:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ff1JtXbsjtVkDnKT8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3HAF41T2so8PuRgUA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/B6rPHg1uMqTa9WeL9

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uneven thread.

If Yoda would have level 100 than this thread would be:

Mace Windu: level 90

Plo Koon: level 15

Ki Adi Mundi: level 12

Vs

Vos: level 15

Ventress: level 19

Sora Bulq: level 17

My point is: what is Mace even doing here? He's two tiers above the rest, he ruins this thread.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mace being here isn't fair. Ventress basically admit she stands no chance against him, and he's far superior to Quinlan and Sora, in terms of both Lightsaber dueling and Force usage.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king-ragnar:

Bulq already held his own against AOTC Windu for a time. Sure, Mace in general was pre-prime, but so was Bulq. Both later died in the same year as ROTS. Mace Windu was distressed, yes, but there's no evidence to suggest that this would hinder his ability. And frankly, if it did, that would mean that Mace Windu had garbage mental resolve that would be unbecoming of a Padawan, much less a Jedi Master or Council member. A concept which is clearly false. We know that even Yoda was saddened by Dooku's betrayal, and had a closer bond to him than Mace had with Bulq, yet Yoda fought Dooku with the intent to kill.

The implication of course is not that Bulq is close or comparable to Mace, but that he can hold his own for a time. Similar to how the duel of Maul vs Anoon Bondara went. Anoon was outclassed, but he was still able to give Maul a fight. Maul was a tier above him, but it wasn't a vast disparity. The same goes for Bulq and Mace. Moreover, this is consistent with how Saesee Tiin was able to contend with TPM Mace in a fight.

If one believed that Vos and Ventress were above Ki-Adi and Plo(a ludicrous and baseless assertion imo), it could maybe be argued that Bulq holds off Mace long enough for the other Jedi to fall.

So I wouldn't really say that Mace being here makes it a mismatch. It depends on your point of view.