Mace Windu and Count Dooku vs. Yoda and Darth Maul.

• 62 results
spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By spartankobe
@koays said:

I was under the impression that Mace was an unbelievably skilled saber fighter, and he was the leader of the Jedi order before the war started. So in a lightsaber duel i could see him facing Yoda pretty fairly....but I've seen nothing (aside from the droid army fight in clone wars) to illustrate that he is on par with Yoda in the force.

Yoda can't solo...but he's got this one with Maul as his frontliner.

@spartankobe said:

@beingfatissupercool said:

First of all , i like this battle .

Secondly Windu would be able to defeat Yoda in a duel .

Also Maul and Dooku are quite equal .

I think Maul would win from Dooku where Yoda would lose from Windu .

But i think because this area is ideal for using the force i would give it to Yoda and Maul .

@shootingnova said:

Team 2 10/10.

Loading Video...

Master Windu was also known within the Order for his unusual fighting style, one that he developed after studying the dueling styles of various lightsaber masters. His attacks consisted of relentless, unpredictable blows, like shots from an autoblaster. Master Windu himself remained perfectly balanced and centered. In the history of the Jedi Order, only two opponents ever overcame him in battle. One was Master Yoda, who some said was the Order's true master of lightsaber combat. The other was former Master Dooku, whose own fighting style was archaic, yet stunningly effective.
Source: Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
With a stooped, small appearance, Yoda may not look like a warrior, but his skills with a lightsaber were unequaled.
Source: Lightsabers: A Guide to the Weapons of the Force
To the uninitiated, lightsaber combat can seem like a confusing blur of swipes and blade clashes, but on close examination, the secrets of the Jedi Knights become clear. To understand the combat of these warriors, we must delve into the sacred history of the fabled Seven Forms of Jedi lightsaber combat and look at how these have played out in the Star Wars saga. Only then can we understand the extraordinary combat moves of Yoda, perhaps the greatest lightsaber master the Jedi Order has ever seen.
Source: Insider #62: Fightsaber: Jedi Lightsaber Combat
"Mace Windu's fighting abilities are second only to Yoda."

http://web.archive.org/web/20051125042817/http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/bts/production/news20000711b.html

Though it was true that he had slowed slightly in the years that Mace Windu had known him, Yoda's skill with a lightsaber was still second to none on the council.

Source: Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/yoda-vs-mace-windu-and-count-dooku-1583012/
This^^
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

And this^^

Take note that Dooku was amped in that second encounter

I'm inclined to say that Yoda solos.

@shootingnova: I agree. Yoda solos.

I feel like I'm being ignored.

Also:

Kit's bulging black eyes indicated Palpatine. "They want to take him alive."

The words had scarcely left his mouth when something hit the train with sufficient force to whip everyone from one side of the car to the other, then back again. The Red Guards were just regaining their balance when the roof began to resound with the cadence of heavy, clanging footfalls, advancing from the rear of the train.

"Grievous," Mace grumbled.

Kit glanced at him. "Here we go again."

Hurrying into the vestibule between the two lead cars, they launched themselves to the roof. Three cars distant marched General Grievous and two of his elite droids, their capes snapping behind them in the wind, pulse-tipped batons angled across their barrel chests. Farther back, clamped by animal-like claws to the roof of the train, was the gunboat from which the frightful trio had been released.

Without pausing, Grievous drew two lightsabers from inside his billowing cloak. By the time they were ignited, Mace was already on and all over the cyborg, batting away at the two blades, swinging low at Grievous's artificial legs, thrusting at his skeletal face. The lightsabers thrummed and hissed, meeting one another in bursts of dazzling light. In a corner of Mace's mind he wondered to which Jedi Grievous's blades had belonged. Just as the Force was keeping Mace from being blown from the mag-lev's roof, magnetism of some sort was keeping the general fastened in place. For the cyborg, though, the coherence hindered as much as it helped, whereas Mace never remained in one place for very long.

Again and again the three blades joined, in snarling attacks and parries. Grievous was well trained in the Jedi arts. Mace could recognize the hand of Dooku in the general's training and technique. His strikes were as forceful as any Mace had ever had to counter, and his speed was astonishing. But he didn't know Vaapad—the technique of dark flirtation in which Mace excelled.

To the rear of the car, where Grievous's pair of MagnaGuards had made the mistake of pitting themselves against Kit Fisto, the Nautolan's blade was a cyclone of blazing blue light. Resistant to the energy outpourings of a lightsaber, the phrik alloy staffs were potent weapons, but like any weapon they needed to find their target, and Kit simply wasn't allowing that. In moves a Twi'lek dancer might envy, he spun around the guards, claiming a limb from both with each rotation: left legs, right arms, right legs...

The speed of the train saw to the rest, ultimately whisking the droids into the canyon like insects blown from the windscreen of a speeder bike.

The loss of his confederates was noted by whatever computers were slaved to Grievous's organic brain, but the loss neither distracted nor slowed him. His sole setting was attack. Successful at analyzing Mace's lightsaber style, those same computers suggested that Grievous alter his stance and posture, along with the angle of his parries, ripostes, and thrusts. The result wasn't Vaapad, but it was close enough, and Mace wasn't interested in prolonging the contest any longer than necessary.

Crouching low, he angled the blade downward and slashed, guiding it through the roof of the car, perpendicular to Grievous's stalwart advance. Mace saw by the surprised look in the cyborg's reptilian eyes that, for all his strength, dexterity, and resolve, the living part of him wasn't always in perfect sync with his alloy servos. Clearly, Grievous—onetime courageous commander of sentient troops—realized what Mace had done and wanted to sidestep, where General Grievous—current commander of droids and other war machines—wanted nothing more than to impale Mace with lunging thrusts of the paired blades.

Slipping into the gap made by Mace's saber, Grievous's left talon lost magnetic purchase on the roof, and the general faltered. Mace came out of his crouch prepared to drive his sword into Grievous's guts, but some last-instant firing of the general's cybersynapses compelled the cyborg's torso through a swift half twist that would have sent Mace's head hurtling into the canyon had the maneuver prevailed. Instead Mace leapt backward, out of the range of the slicing blades, and Force-pushed outward, just at the instant of Grievous's single misstep.

Off the side of the car the general went, twisting and turning as he fell, Mace trying to track the general's contorted plunge, but unsuccessfully. Had he fallen into the canyon? Had he managed to dig his duranium claws into the side of the car or grab hold of the mag-lev rail itself?

Mace couldn't take the time to puzzle it out. One hundred meters away, the gunboat retracted its landing gear and rose from the roof on repulsorlift power. Reckless shots from one of the pursuing gunships obliged the Separatist craft to skew, then dive, with the gunship following close behind.

--Taken from Labyrinth of Evil

He has struggled in dueling people way below Yoda.

Avatar image for imboredletsdebate
ImBoredLetsDebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imboredletsdebate:

I'm sure Lee and the rest of Lucasarts continuity team know the canon / legend better than all of us as it is their job

, and if they say windu is the champion of the order , he is just ( unlikely tough ) better than Yoda .

Because the feats about yoda are vague, so nothing contradicts this statement .

Yoda being non matched in duelling skills could mean him mastering all the different forms, which Windu probably didn't .

Any ways to make it clear, if we look at feats Yoda is better yes, but as long as it doesn't say in the OP that the holocron can't be used , i think Windu here is better .

You aren't making any sense. It was already stated in ROTS commentary that Yoda > Windu. And mastering all the different forms =/= dueling skills. Cin got spanked by Anakin.

Avatar image for beingfatissupercool
Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe: @imboredletsdebate:

I was already convinced Yoda is better than Windu, and i know about all those feats .

But on the official site ( which is absolute canon > g - lucas ) it said Windu was the champion of the jedi order and in dutch that means kampioen which has only 1 meaning , being the best fighter .

But i didn't know champion had 2 translations in Dutch , Kampioen ( obvious translation ) and to defend something ( less obvious, i think only teachers in belgium would know this ) .

And this was the only thing why i would believe Windu was the strongest, but now that's cleared up i don't need convincing as i know Yoda is better than Windu .

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe: Lol i got it, i got it. I just don't see it being a squash match between them is all

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beingfatissupercool: I was referring more to that first quote. Not you. I was just quoting an argument made against his already on an only two page thread.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoda still solos

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe: Lol i never thought saying he could fight fairly was a debate starter.

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The lengths people go to deny objective information astounds me. It's also hilarious. Yoda still solos

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yoda has the potential to solo, but even if not, Maul would assure team 2's victory every single time.

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Yoda and Maul! That's just a guess, though, so I don't really have nothing to back it up but I'd bet they'd win anyways.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@beingfatissupercool: wikis are pretty much garbage. The official marvel one says that she hulk is as strong as silver surfer and sentry.