Random encounter who wins.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By TheGoldenOne

Does she have her telepathy in this fight?

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Edgeworth_11

both current versions so yes.
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Edgeworth_11

It might be a closer fight I guess without the telepathy.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By pixelized

Monet Yvette Clarisse Maria Therese St. Croix will not win. She doesn't have the damage output to put down Benjamin.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Pretty much what I was thinking. And even with telepathy, it's not like she can shut his mind down or anything. Aside from probes (which are usually taxing to her) the most refined use of her telepathy was her rendering of Siryn and Guido (it's been a while, but I think it was those two) invisible to the naked eye.
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Edgeworth_11
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pixelized
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
She told WWH that she's invulnerable, he said something among the lines of "go be invulnerable in New Jersey" and kicked her the hell away. I don't recall her reappearing in that issue, either.

It just hit me that she did mentally manipulate Baron Mordo into thinking he drained her, so she could conceivably project an image to Ben of him "beating her" so that he'd just leave, I guess. But even though she can go at it with him physically due to her durability, she isn't strong enough to stop him.
Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Scarbearer

M is much easier on the eyes, but as previous posters have pointed out she really hasn't been shown being able to use her TP to shut people down, so I think Ben has this.  Stronger, more durable. better fighter, and despite being able to fly, I don't think she's drastically faster/more agile than Ben.  At least not enough to make a difference in the face of his superior skill and experience.

Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ramtha07

I think the success of TP depends on the writer's perspective these days. Many of the iconic heroes seem to be written with some degree of TP resistance. Writers seem to want to remove TP as an automatic "I win" button. And I tend to agree. Hey, if you don't want to be hypnotized, you won't be. I think a character's will, strength of character and grit should always come into play when a TP powerset wants to turn you into a puppet. But that's just me.

Ben ain't to rookie. He'll shrug her TP probes off and send her flying.

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Scarbearer
@Morpheus_ said:
" She told WWH that she's invulnerable, he said something among the lines of "go be invulnerable in New Jersey" and kicked her the hell away. I don't recall her reappearing in that issue, either.

It just hit me that she did mentally manipulate Baron Mordo into thinking he drained her, so she could conceivably project an image to Ben of him "beating her" so that he'd just leave, I guess. But even though she can go at it with him physically due to her durability, she isn't strong enough to stop him.
"
Actually yeah, this puts it much more eloquently than I did.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pixelized
@Ramtha07 said:
"

I think the success of TP depends on the writer's perspective these days. Many of the iconic heroes seem to be written with some degree of TP resistance. Writers seem to want to remove TP as an automatic "I win" button. And I tend to agree. Hey, if you don't want to be hypnotized, you won't be. I think a character's will, strength of character and grit should always come into play when a TP powerset wants to turn you into a puppet. But that's just me.

Ben ain't to rookie. He'll shrug her TP probes off and send her flying.

"
And another thing to remember, Monet isn't a Jean, Emma, nor a Cuckoo (living or dead) when it comes to her TP. Granted I didn't finish the arc with Baron Mordo, but prior to that she's never just fried neurons or conjured illusions on the spot, if ever.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@pixelized: It took a lot from her to pull it off, and she collapsed immediately afterwards, anyway.

Also, I just remembered that Monet and Guido did try to stop an angered Thing from getting to Shatterstar during X-Factor # 201. Didn't end very well for the duo.
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By PowerHerc

The Thing wins but, being the truly nice guy he is, he does it as gently as possible. 
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EpitomeofCool

thing....