User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Phylos
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

M vs. Dust

-Win by Death, KO or Incapacitation.

-Morals off.

Battle

-Both characters have no knowledge on one another.

-No battle field removal.

-No preparation.

-Both start 400 feet away from each other.

-Random encounter.

-No bystanders.

No Caption Provided
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Erik

Probably M but Dust has a good chance by suffocation. Dust cannot hurt M otherwise though and M has shown us a few notable mental capabilities lately, though none of them are going to be winning her any psychic battles.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By AgeofHurricane

I'm leaning toward's Dust here.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Erik

@AgeofHurricane said:

Why?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By PrinceIMC

I think Dust wins. Didn't Jean Grey have a hard time locating Dust when she was in her sand form? M is pretty invulnerable but a scouring sand storm might just be able to wear down Monet's invulnerability.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Erik said:

Probably M but Dust has a good chance by suffocation. Dust cannot hurt M otherwise though and M has shown us a few notable mental capabilities lately, though none of them are going to be winning her any psychic battles.

I'd like to think that Dust would shred her internal organs..........but I don't know :(

Dust is so beautifully different.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Erik

@White Mage: @PrinceIMC:

M is invulnerable everywhere, not just her skin. The only way Dust can win is through suffocation, which is very possible. But I can promise you that if Dust is foolish enough to ruin M's Gucci blouse by shredding it, Dust will regret it. That will only serve to piss M off.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Erik said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Why?

Most of what Prince said, also, seeing as how this is Moral's off i don't see how M would be able to fight her way through a flesh-stripping sand-storm even with her Psychic powers.

There's alot of possibilities as to what Dust could do having entering M's body in sand form.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Erik

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Erik said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Why?

Most of what Prince said, also, seeing as how this is Moral's off i don't see how M would be able to fight her way through a flesh-stripping sand-storm even with her Psychic powers.

There's alot of possibilities as to what Dust could do having entering M's body in sand form.

Dust cannot strip M of anything except her clothing. M is invulnerable.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Erik said:

M is invulnerable everywhere, not just her skin. The only way Dust can win is through suffocation, which is very possible. But I can promise you that if Dust is foolish enough to ruin M's Gucci blouse by shredding it, Dust will regret it. That will only serve to piss M off.

Poor, poor, poooor Dust :(

I have hopes for her :)..........but I dunno :( ............. I dunno a lot these days

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PrinceIMC
@Erik said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Erik said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Why?

Has M ever faced anything like a living sandstorm? Invulnerable doesn't necessarily mean indestructible in comics.
AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Erik said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Erik said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Why?

Then we'll bo to option B; eating her from the inside out.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Erik

I am settling on M. Dust does not know M is invulnerable and will likely try her typical flesh shredding move first, only to be hit with a psychic bolt in return.

KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By KDarkholme

@AgeofHurricane: Agreed.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Erik

@PrinceIMC said:

Has M ever faced anything like a living sandstorm? Invulnerable doesn't necessarily mean indestructible in comics.

She has survived worse without so much as a scratch. She has been blown up, punted by the Hulk, shot, shot with a psychic bullet and dozens of other things. The only two things that I have seen that physically did anything to her was an electric attack and someone abducted her by smothering her with a rag soaked in chloroform.

@AgeofHurricane said:

Invulnerable everywhere.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Erik said:

I am settling on M. Dust does not know M is invulnerable and will likely try her typical flesh shredding move first, only to be hit with a psychic bolt in return.

A Psychic bolt won't do much to Dust either, especially in her sand-form.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Erik

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Erik said:

A Psychic bolt won't do much to Dust either, especially in her sand-form.

Since when?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Erik said:

@PrinceIMC said:

She has survived worse without so much as a scratch. She has been blown up, punted by the Hulk, shot, shot with a psychic bullet and dozens of other things. The only two things that I have seen that physically did anything to her was an electric attack and someone abducted her by smothering her with a rag soaked in chloroform.

@AgeofHurricane said:

Invulnerable everywhere.

Proof please.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Erik

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Erik said:

@PrinceIMC said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Invulnerable everywhere.

Proof please.

Generation X and X-Factor.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Erik: Since New X-Men #146, and I'd like to get a scan/#No. please.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Erik

@AgeofHurricane said:

You mean the issue where Xavier actually was able to stop her from excaping? How is this proof of anything? Xavier said it was difficult to grasp hold of her consciousness, NOT that it was difficult to harm her with a psychic bolt. Xavier was trying to restrain her, not defeat her in battle. Two very different things.

No. I am not going to dig up every issue on her just to provide you with what you should already know before you make a call on what she can and cannot do.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PrinceIMC
@Erik said:

@PrinceIMC said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Invulnerable everywhere.

Monet cut and bleeding. Not completely invulnerable
Monet cut and bleeding. Not completely invulnerable
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Erik

@PrinceIMC:

Looks like dirt to me. Typically, cuts do not tickle. And if those are cuts, I guess it means her kneepads are bleeding as well.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Erik said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

You mean the issue where Xavier actually was able to stop her from excaping? How is this proof of anything? Xavier said it was difficult to grasp hold of her consciousness, NOT that it was difficult to harm her with a psychic bolt. Xavier was trying to restrain her, not defeat her in battle. Two very different things.

No. I am not going to dig up every issue on her just to provide you with what you should already know before you make a call on what she can and cannot do.

Oh ? well my mistake then, though it's still stated that in her Dust from she's hard to effect telepathically, this is morals off right ? the stakes are higher, remember i said it won't do much which isn't the same as saying it won't do anything. It doesn't even say anywhere on M's wiki that she's able to perform a Psychic bolt attak nor have i seen her demonstrate one at that.

I never asked for every issue, i asked for either a scan or at least an #no. for me to see for myself if what you said was true, unfortunately you cannot do that.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Skaddix

Monet she has tp and while she is not that strong, Dust has shown some resistance but not a great deal and seeing as Monet can fly at jet speeds its not like Dust is going to catch her.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By daak1212

@Erik said:

Oh god your right, she is quite vain. Remember when she crucified the guy because she was menstruating? (Well he burn those mutants but later she said she was kinda out of pocket about it) I'm not sure how Dust would lost this as I never read anything about Dust but I do know that M is not a chump by any means

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Erik

@AgeofHurricane said:

Oh ? well my mistake then, though it's still stated that in her Dust from she's hard to effect telepathically, this is morals off right ? the stakes are higher, remember i said it won't do much which isn't the same as saying it won't do anything. It doesn't even say anywhere on M's wiki that she's able to perform a Psychic bolt attak nor have i seen her demonstrate one at that.

I never asked for every issue, i asked for either a scan or at least an #no. for me to see for myself if what you said was true, unfortunately you cannot do that.

It never states that. It states that her mind is difficult to grab hold of telepathically. A psychic bolt does not do that. Emma and Jean have shown us that one does not need to enter or grab hold of anyone's mind to hit them with a psychic bolt.

M is psychic. I had no idea that being a psychic only meant that you are able to do a short order of abilities unless otherwise stated. She is a low order telepath sure but Emma even stated that she was capable of such an attack in Generation X. M has never performed it herself because to date, she has never needed to. She is invulnerable and has relied almost exclusively on her physical prowess in battle. But that does not mean she does not have it. Do we say that Daken no longer has his pheromones or his vanishing ability simply because he has not used them in almost 2 years?

Cannot and will not are two separate things. I provide scans to those I deem worthy since doing so requires me to find the issue in my library of issues, scan the comic into my computer and then upload it here. I am not going to waste time showing you something just so you can try and nitpick some other bullsh!t just because you know nothing about the character. You want the information, look up her wiki page. It says it right there. You want issue reference, buy the comics. Aside from that, when has invulnerability only been skin deep on any character that was not specifically stated as such? Luke Cage? Specifically stated to only be skin deep. Superman? Nope, invulnerable everywhere. Ms. Marvel? Nope invulnerable everywhere. Power Man 2? Nope invulnerable everywhere assuming the chi is present. John Steele? Nope, invulnerable everywhere and the list goes on and on and on. Your argument hinges on something you have no basis for an argument on. The only characters that have had skin deep invulnerability have always been stated as such. Even Spider-Man's limited enhanced durability is in every cell. In short, your argument is worthless and made in complete ignorance.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By ReVamp

@Erik said:

I don't think Dust would fall for that. She isn't very susceptible to telepathy.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Erik

@ReVamp said:

@Erik said:

I don't think Dust would fall for that. She isn't very susceptible to telepathy.

It never states that in the comic. I actually addressed that in someone else's post.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#30  Edited By ReVamp

@Erik: Woops my bad didn't see second page.

Well, Jean Grey couldn't even sense Dust when she was in her inorganic form, and she even implied that she didn't have a traditional mind or something of the sort, which means that it seems pretty impossible to harm Dust.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monet would take this. Dust has no way of hurting her, and all M needs is a solid shot at her face or a moment to figure out where she is for a mindblast. Basically, M can just sit pretty and wait for Dust to try something, and Dust's only advantage is the ability to hide and get away at will.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
I agree that I see M winning but if she "sat pretty" Dust can incapacitate her as explained on the previous page. M still needs to breathe.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Erik

@ReVamp said:

@Erik: Woops my bad didn't see second page.

Well, Jean Grey couldn't even sense Dust when she was in her inorganic form, and she even implied that she didn't have a traditional mind or something of the sort, which means that it seems pretty impossible to harm Dust.

That is very true. I do not contest that or Xavier's comment on how her mind is hard to hold. But that does not mean her mind is insulated from psychic attack. Storm is almost impossible to read as is Gambit and Mystique and even Wolverine to anyone lower than Emma. All four are susceptible to an assault that does not include invading the mind.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By difficlus

@Erik said:

i'm riding with this for now

Very good match though