Luther Strode vs Shizuo Heiwajima

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

The main protagonist of The Strange Talent of Luther Strode and The Legend of Luther Strode faces off against Shizuo Heiwajima from the light novel, manga and anime series Durarara!!

The fight is in an empty Tokyo street. Both fighters are unarmed and morals are off. No speedblitz is allowed. Who wins?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, come on people. This is interesting.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Someone fill me in on Luther Strode

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By InFamous_Wolf
InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By InFamous_Wolf

Someone fill me in on Luther Strode

No Caption Provided

He has pre- cog which lets him see 1000 moves the opponent can make and is able to regenerate from be disemboweled .Is able to easily blitz multiple men with machine guns. Causally punches and rips people apart.(rips a guy's heart out).With the standard superhuman strength,aim,stamina,and eyesight.Also an all around badass.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infamous_wolf: I can't find any of his manga feats so these will have to do:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: Thanks, but to be honest what you showed me is not that impressive, at least compared to Luther.I mean Shizuo got hurt from getting hit with a baseball bat.His most impressive feat I saw was launching that pole and hitting the car as well, as fighting the mob. It also seems that Shizuo was only fighting regular thugs.While Luther on the other hand EASILY defeated highly trained mercenaries with assault rifles.He was also fast enough to react and block three sniper bullets.It also seems that while Shizuo's punches are strong they are not as strong as Luther's.So with Luther's pre-cog and speed he takes this with low difficulty (well at least from the feats you have show me).

PS:This fight would have been more balanced if you used just Strange Talent Luther and not both IMO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infamous_wolf: I had a feeling you'd say that. It's pretty hard to find good feats with a computer as slow as mine. He fought off an army of zombies alone but I can't find the video. Maybe I can find some other feats.

On a side note, exactly how strong does Luther get between The Strange Talent of Luther Strode and The Legend of Luther Strode?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By InFamous_Wolf

@shiryu said:

@infamous_wolf: I had a feeling you'd say that. It's pretty hard to find good feats with a computer as slow as mine. He fought off an army of zombies alone but I can't find the video. Maybe I can find some other feats.

On a side note, exactly how strong does Luther get between The Strange Talent of Luther Strode and The Legend of Luther Strode?

Strength wise he got a bit strong....but in speed he is drastically different. In Strangle Talent Luther could not even doge handgun bullets.Which makes it weird that you put no speed blitz because....well that's what he does.His will to win/kill is also a lot higher.He is willing to break his tooth and spit it like a bullet to win.By the time Legacy comes out he will likely be above most street levelers .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infamous_wolf: Oh, that's impressive. But isn't Luther already above most street levelers? Him and The Librarian demolished that warehouse by fighting. I don't know if most street levelers could replicate that.

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I know an old thread and apologies for bumping it but I figure it deserve again, I don't know much about strode but Shizuo is considered among the third most powerful character in his verse, based on scans above. I think he'd give Strode a good battle.

Certainly provide a challenge

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cant find videos (will keep looking) but he's shrugged off being shot before, it pierced his skin but he wasn't in any pain and got right back up. He equated it to falling in the rain, and he had know visible injuries after facing an army poessed people

Who were all armed with bladed weapons

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Maverick_6

Shizuo is much much much stronger.

Blunt damage resistance is lesser. Got knocked out by a van. His cutting resistance is very good and better than strodes. His bullet resistance is poor.

He then proceeded to throw the van a signifigant distance away. He throws around multi ton objects with ease. Although recently luther picked up a tree and speared a guy with it, Shizuo takes objects larger and heavier and throws a literal block away.

He seems to have some feats that oddly put him close to 100 tons at his very highest.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@maverick_6: What feats put him at a 100 tons? Because tossing a van like that is still within the limits of what a 10 to 20 tonner can do.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero:

Yeah, I overexaggerated the van (it was actually a vending machine) more or less,the only thing I'm talking about is taking a giant solid freeway sign swinging from a position of little leverage and throwing it as if it were a Jaevelin to spear a car many dozens of meters away.

It isn't really the lifting part that gets me. More him tossing the sign like that with as much speed as he did and just getting to spear into the ground at that distance.

Perhaps I'll try and find it later but Durarara doesn't have very many youtube videos.

slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@maverick_6: What feats put him at a 100 tons? Because tossing a van like that is still within the limits of what a 10 to 20 tonner can do.

@lukehero:

Yeah, I overexaggerated the van (it was actually a vending machine) more or less,the only thing I'm talking about is taking a giant solid freeway sign swinging from a position of little leverage and throwing it as if it were a Jaevelin to spear a car many dozens of meters away.

It isn't really the lifting part that gets me. More him tossing the sign like that with as much speed as he did and just getting to spear into the ground at that distance.

Perhaps I'll try and find it later but Durarara doesn't have very many youtube videos.

2:59 to 3:36 was the closes I could find to the clip in question in this AMV

Loading Video...

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: @slacker_the_hacker: Yeah, that doesn't make hmm any where near 100 tons of force. Sure he threw it a long distance, but let's not act like he threw it into space.

slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@maverick_6: @slacker_the_hacker: Yeah, that doesn't make hmm any where near 100 tons of force. Sure he threw it a long distance, but let's not act like he threw it into space.

I always placed him at 10-12 ton range.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: @slacker_the_hacker:

Yeah seeing the clip and its a lot less than what I thought it was. 10-20 tons

His durability can be essentially summed up as peak human (though his cutting durability is much more because people tried to literally dogpile him to cut him with knives and failed). His speed and agility is above normal and also around peak human. He has actually pretty good reactions and caught a few knives between his teeth. He also has a form of telepathy resistance. (Although that's not too relevant.)

That's about all I have.

garrettmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: in the light novels, Shizuo is stated to have supersonic reactions as well as nearly supersonic movement and fight speed, he was also strong enough to pick up a semi truck over his head and throw it a good 30 feet away